mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:38 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Sun 11/23/14 05:38 PM
Speaking of "class"...

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:36 PM

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:33 PM
I always choose freedom, once all hope has been exhausted.

Do I look back and wonder/regret? Nah. I always make the best decision given the information available at the time and after careful consideration,

so playing Monday morning quarterback with the events of my life isn't ever a part of the equation.

drinks

Question for you, OP: are you bound by some sort of literary license to insert slavery/unfair treatment to blacks in EVERY single thread you start, regardless of where you place it? Like, will you lose sponsorship if you DON'T insert those topics into EVERY discussion no matter how unrelated they, in fact, are to the subject at hand?

what

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:26 PM

...Lincoln killed more Americans than Hitler and Tojo combined........
Plenty more......

I would like an exact number of Americans killed (by/under) Lincoln's rule AND the exact number of Americans killed (by/under) Hitler's and Tojo's rule,

before I accept as fact this presented-as-fact statement.

Oh, and I would also like to see the citation to legitimate sources for these numbers.

Thanks, in advance! waving

Civil War:3/4 of a million Americans died!

WWII:405,399 American dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

Thank you for the citation. There is a reason I ask for citations...and a reason I ask for citations to legitimate sources.

Assuming Wikipedia IS a "legitimate" source, I was interested to see how the numbers would be interpreted; I was also curious how the deaths 'caused by Lincoln' vs. the deaths 'caused by Hitler/Tojo' were going to be defined.

I see they weren't.

(Per your own chosen-to-provide citation) 214,938 "Americans" (presumably you mean those people residing in the US and not those in Canada, Mexico, and South American countries) were killed via combat in the Civil War. 291,557 "Americans" were killed via combat in WWII.

291,557 is a greater number than 214,938. Ergo, you've proven yourself to be factually incorrect when making your presented-as-fact statement that "...Lincoln killed more Americans than Hitler and Tojo combined........
Plenty more......"

To boot, nowhere in the citations does it clarify how many "Americans" were killed by/because of Hitler's/Tojo's rule; it's simply a number of "American" casualties during the whole of WWII.

Furthermore, the Civil War was fought strictly on U.S. soil; save Pearl Harbor (which occurred before U.S. declared-war involvement), WWII was fought on foreign soil. Casualties (i.e., those not directly attributed to combat) of any homegrown, home-fought war will be higher than wars in which the home team participates in someone else's backyard to ensure higher casualties/higher (and ongoing and residual) costs of war remain elsewhere.

Thanks for the citation; it proved all I needed to know about the veracity of the entire post.

drinks

Facts, what facts, not yours, the original poster was correct. 750,000 for Civil War compared to 405,399 for WWII as per the original claim, Americans killed. Changing the criteria to your own liking just to try and disprove another doesn't really disprove anything other than malice.

*gigglesnort*

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:21 PM

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 05:18 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Sun 11/23/14 05:16 PM

Good thing I noted that I didn't write that; however, there is a little truth mixed in with a large portion of unsubstantiated facts there.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't claim it. That has a huge slant yo the right affixed to it. Good writing is supposed to be balanced, something journalist today would do well to remember. Republican and Democrat.

Factual writing - and that which presents itself to be factual - needs to be just that.

Which part(s) of your un-attributed plagiarized post was/were factual?

* That President Obama, like 31% of our presidents didn't serve in the military?

* That President Obama, like 81% of our presidents didn't run a business?

* That President Obama, like 100% of our presidents isn't a CPA/accountant?

* That President Obama, like 100% of our presidents hasn't been a doctor, nurse, or in any other way affiliated with health care?

* That President Obama, like 50% of our presidents found his way to the office of the Presidency via State legislature, or that like 100% of our presidents he, too, has never been a mayor?

Ummmm...the meat of your presentation, which was really some other misinformed soul's presentation, is factually incorrect.

The only truth in what you both presented as fact is that he is, indeed, a man, as evidenced by the repeated "he" referenced throughout. And, he is a man that pisses a LOT of people off.

Welcome to being the President of the United States. This time - and so far - he has a singularly unique *reason* as to WHY he's so able to do so.

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:43 PM

Plenty more......

I would like an exact number of Americans killed (by/under) Lincoln's rule AND the exact number of Americans killed (by/under) Hitler's and Tojo's rule,

Oh, and I would also like to see the citation to legitimate sources for these numbers.

Civil War:3/4 of a million Americans died!

WWII:405,399 American dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

Thank you for the citation. There is a reason I ask for citations...and a reason I ask for citations to legitimate sources.

Assuming Wikipedia IS a "legitimate" source, I was interested to see how the numbers would be interpreted; I was also curious how the deaths 'caused by Lincoln' vs. the deaths 'caused by Hitler/Tojo' were going to be defined.

I see they weren't.

(Per your own chosen-to-provide citation) 214,938 "Americans" (presumably you mean those people residing in the US and not those in Canada, Mexico, and South American countries) were killed via combat in the Civil War. 291,557 "Americans" were killed via combat in WWII.

291,557 is a greater number than 214,938. Ergo, you've proven yourself to be factually incorrect when making your presented-as-fact statement that "...Lincoln killed more Americans than Hitler and Tojo combined........
Plenty more......"

To boot, nowhere in the citations does it clarify how many "Americans" were killed by/because of Hitler's/Tojo's rule; it's simply a number of "American" casualties during the whole of WWII.

Furthermore, the Civil War was fought strictly on U.S. soil; save Pearl Harbor (which occurred before U.S. declared-war involvement), WWII was fought on foreign soil. Casualties (i.e., those not directly attributed to combat) of any homegrown, home-fought war will be higher than wars in which the home team participates in someone else's backyard to ensure higher casualties/higher (and ongoing and residual) costs of war remain elsewhere.

Thanks for the citation; it proved all I needed to know about the veracity of the entire post.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:22 PM

I admit.............lol......I posted this to get reactions and boy did I! Love to stir the pot once in a while!

We posters and onlookers enjoyed it, too.

It helped to even more clearly define the lines between those who are capable of thinking and those who simply regurgitate - and run with - what sounds *right*.

:thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 01:53 PM

Plenty more......

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 01:19 PM

I didn't write this, but it is thought provoking.

Barack Obama:

... Never served in the military. Not even R.O.T.C.
Why is he our Commander-in-Chief?

Neither did John Adams (Federalist), Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican), John Quincy Adams (National Republican), Martin Van Buren (D), Millard Fillmore (Whig), Grover Cleveland (R), William Howard Taft (R), Woodrow Wilson (D), Warren G. Harding (R), Calvin Coolidge (R), Herbert Hoover (R), Franklin D. Roosevelt (D), and William Clinton (D).

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/03/us/hail-to-chiefs-without-military-pasts.html

... Never owned, ran or even managed a business, not even a hotdog stand.
Why is he now 'CEO' of the greatest nation on earth?

Only 8 presidents have run their own business: Lincoln (R), Harding (R), FDR (D), Truman (D), Carter (D), George H.W. Bush (R), George W. Bush (R), and Hoover (R).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/presidents-entrepreneurs_n_1684521.html

... Never balanced a budget or managed a payroll.
Why is he in charge of the largest economy in the world?

No accountant/CPA has ever been elected to the office of POTUS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_occupation

... Never was a doctor, a nurse or ever worked in any health care profession.
Why is he being trusted to completely take over America's health care system?

No doctor, nurse, nor health care administrator has ever been elected to the office of POTUS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_occupation

... Never was Mayor of a city, or Governor of a state, in fact, he has no executive experience whatsoever.
Why is he in charge of the executive branch of the United States government?

Of our 44 POTUSs, 18 have served as U.S. Representatives, 17 as Governors, 16 as U.S. Senators, 14 as VPs, 8 as Cabinet Secretaries, and 6 as Secretaries of State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States,_sortable_by_previous_experience

... Is a failed, corrupt 'resign or be disbarred' lawyer.
Why is he trusted to appoint our, Secretary of State, Supreme Court justices and Attorney General?

This is an erroneous statement. President Obama has "voluntarily resigned" his law license because in his current position as POTUS, he is not an actively-employed attorney.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp

... Never was a success in any area of his life except campaigning for office (and two 'autobiographies' written before he had ever accomplished anything.)
Why Was He EVER Elected President of the United States of America?

Again, erroneous information that President Obama never "was a success in any area of his life"; to boot, it's a subjective statement, at best.

You're welcome.

It was my pleasure to do your research FOR you, thus saving yourself the time and trouble to base your opinions on legitimate and factual information, rather than knee-jerking, emotional reactionism.

drinks

laugh laugh

oh wow,, just took me back to the days of paralegal training,,,,lol

flowerforyou

That's one of the wonderful things about the internet...when used correctly, one doesn't necessarily have to have ANY legal training to gain access to factual information on which to base their opinions; it's available to anyone and everyone who chooses to use it [correctly].

Oh, and when I say "...who chooses to use it [correctly]", I don't just mean one's own brain when on the internet.

biggrin

I get it.

My mother raised us not to be 'lazy thinkers', so its important to me to take information riddled with opinions and check a few other sources before repeating it,,,

it astounds me how often people just repeat snippets with little to no further verifications,, especially when the snippets are so obviously RIDDLED with personal opinions, adjectives,, etc,,

I truly enjoyed your line by line with references though,,,tyflowerforyou

Glad you did. I suspect you're one a handful who did, though.

Which is probably only a slightly smaller number than those who actually read it...

...which is a slightly smaller number than those who actually understood it.

It's obvious the majority took OP's OP as gospel, since it *sounds* good and and reads *right*.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 12:53 PM
A "mew user", i.e. "a user of kitties"?!?

Well, at least OP's honest and upfront about it.

Best of luck to you!!! drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 12:45 PM

Barack Obama:

Neither did John Adams (Federalist), Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican), John Quincy Adams (National Republican), Martin Van Buren (D), Millard Fillmore (Whig), Grover Cleveland (R), William Howard Taft (R), Woodrow Wilson (D), Warren G. Harding (R), Calvin Coolidge (R), Herbert Hoover (R), Franklin D. Roosevelt (D), and William Clinton (D).

Only 8 presidents have run their own business: Lincoln (R), Harding (R), FDR (D), Truman (D), Carter (D), George H.W. Bush (R), George W. Bush (R), and Hoover (R).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/presidents-entrepreneurs_n_1684521.html

No doctor, nurse, nor health care administrator has ever been elected to the office of POTUS.

... Never was Mayor of a city, or Governor of a state, in fact, he has no executive experience whatsoever.

Of our 44 POTUSs, 18 have served as U.S. Representatives, 17 as Governors, 16 as U.S. Senators, 14 as VPs, 8 as Cabinet Secretaries, and 6 as Secretaries of State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States,_sortable_by_previous_experience

Why is he trusted to appoint our, Secretary of State, Supreme Court justices and Attorney General?

This is an erroneous statement. President Obama has "voluntarily resigned" his law license because in his current position as POTUS, he is not an actively-employed attorney.

... Never was a success in any area of his life except campaigning for office (and two 'autobiographies' written before he had ever accomplished anything.)

Again, erroneous information that President Obama never "was a success in any area of his life"; to boot, it's a subjective statement, at best.

You're welcome.

It was my pleasure to do your research FOR you, thus saving yourself the time and trouble to base your opinions on legitimate and factual information, rather than knee-jerking, emotional reactionism.

drinks

laugh laugh

oh wow,, just took me back to the days of paralegal training,,,,lol

flowerforyou

That's one of the wonderful things about the internet...when used correctly, one doesn't necessarily have to have ANY legal training to gain access to factual information on which to base their opinions; it's available to anyone and everyone who chooses to use it [correctly].

Oh, and when I say "...who chooses to use it [correctly]", I don't just mean one's own brain when on the internet.

biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 12:39 PM

im not bragging about anything am I....

the complete opposite in fact...

I don't understand your reply Lady....

No doubt you're not...

no doubt you don't...

...and there is abSOluteLY no doubt that is no "Lady", kind sir.

Best of luck to you. May the next year bring you everything you are looking for and deserve.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 09:20 AM

I suppose that it was racism, that liberal democrats didn't endorse Alan Keyes nomination in 2008.

Nahhhh...we "libtards" probably didn't endorse him because we don't agree with this political leanings and hypocrisy which are deeply influenced by his Christian *right* views, which make him always *right* while being a hypocrite:

"...In 2005, when Maya Keyes was 20 years old, she came out as a lesbian. There were reports her family threw her out of the house and stopped talking to her. In an interview with Metro Weekly, a Washington, D.C., LGBT newspaper, Maya confirmed that her father "cut off all financial support." In the same report Maya said, "It doesn't make much sense for him to be [financially] supporting someone who is working against what he believes in." Alan Keyes contradicted reports about his having disowned his daughter in October 2007. Keyes said that he loves his daughter and that she knows she has a home with him. He asserted that he never cut her off and never would, because it would be "wrong in the eyes of God." He also said he would not be coerced into "approving of that which destroys the soul" of his daughter. He contended that he must "stand for the truth [Jesus Christ] represents" even if it breaks his heart..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alan-keyes-daughter-coming-out/

http://www.metroweekly.com/2005/02/maya-keyes/

https://web.archive.org/web/20080109193619/http://archives.alankeyes.com/play.php?mp3=123

drinks

Looks like racism to me.

:laughing:

Then you don't know the meaning of the word "racism".

Dick Cheney is not black and he, too, deplores homosexuality and fights against it...

...all the while HIS daughter is openly gay, too.

"H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y". Akin to Sarah Palin campaigning on a platform calling for abstinence-only education in schools

with her pregnant, unwed teenage daughter applauds her, while sharing the stage and limelight.

*Kinda like* that.

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 09:19 AM
Just like OP, I, too, am proud of my successful stats while on online *dating* sites,

though, personally, I wouldn't start a thread bragging about them.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 09:13 AM
Edited by mrld_ii on Sun 11/23/14 09:14 AM

I suppose that it was racism, that liberal democrats didn't endorse Alan Keyes nomination in 2008.

Nahhhh...we "libtards" probably didn't endorse him because we don't agree with this political leanings and hypocrisy which are deeply influenced by his Christian *right* views, which make him always *right* while being a hypocrite:

"...In 2005, when Maya Keyes was 20 years old, she came out as a lesbian. There were reports her family threw her out of the house and stopped talking to her. In an interview with Metro Weekly, a Washington, D.C., LGBT newspaper, Maya confirmed that her father "cut off all financial support." In the same report Maya said, "It doesn't make much sense for him to be [financially] supporting someone who is working against what he believes in." Alan Keyes contradicted reports about his having disowned his daughter in October 2007. Keyes said that he loves his daughter and that she knows she has a home with him. He asserted that he never cut her off and never would, because it would be "wrong in the eyes of God." He also said he would not be coerced into "approving of that which destroys the soul" of his daughter. He contended that he must "stand for the truth [Jesus Christ] represents" even if it breaks his heart..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alan-keyes-daughter-coming-out/

http://www.metroweekly.com/2005/02/maya-keyes/

https://web.archive.org/web/20080109193619/http://archives.alankeyes.com/play.php?mp3=123

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 08:13 AM

...you are each looking for something different than the other is looking...for in a relationship sense of the word...

Since you've now mentioned this at least twice

so it appears to be a rather important factor in all of this

why are you two still seeing one another? Is one of you (or both of you) so desperate to get laid / form some sort of 'relationship' - ANYthing that will pass as A Relationship -

AND this other person is The Last Member of the Opposite Sex on the Planet?

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 08:02 AM

Barack Obama:

You're welcome.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 07:10 AM

These attacks on Obama are purely caused by 1 main issue.....and the root of that is racism....coz he's a black prez....

So then using your analogy would you say the record number of African-Americans who voted for Obama did so based solely because of his race are racist?

Sure...why not say that? So, EVERY single [at least partially] black person in America (including those not even old enough to vote) voted for President Obama ONLY because he's [1/2] black.

That would then account for 14.2% of the popular vote. Where'd the other 36.8% of the majority vote come from that elected President Obama TWICE?

I do not believe that the majority of President Obama's detractors do so and ignore the facts of the matters (as OP did when making his OP) simply because President Obama is [1/2] black; I'm sure the fact that he is a Democratic president has at least something to do with deliberately ignoring the facts of the matters, too.

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 06:51 AM

If CONGRESS is in charge of setting immigration policy, the Fuhrer needs to keep his nose and pen out of it.

But I thought Governor Petty sent troops to the border? Oh yea, the Fuhrer neutered them..............

You keep mentioning "the Fuhrer". I explained to you ages ago how there is no "Fuhrer", as the last "Fuhrer" served in Germany and was defeated during WW2, when Germany lost to the Allied forces.

Since you, too, are incapable of having intelligent, factual exchanges with others, you, too, will get no more assistance from me when partaking in these discussion boards with your emotional, knee-jerking posts that attempt to pass for intellectual discourse.

waving

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25