Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:11 AM

Yup, yup...I DO have a very good memory; always have. It's served me well in school, in my career, in my life, AND while dating/relating with men.

It's simply one OTHER arena that I won't 'dumb-it-down' just so others can feel better.

But, I've always figured the fact that I'm a woman is completely coincidental and incidental to it all.

drinks

Don't think it's about dumbing it down, but more dealing with it differently. I think it's part of the typical female to remember and notice a lot of things, cos in a time long gone, we needed this skill to survive and be safe.

But how to deal with it in 2014? Making lists of what a man has said or done, usually does not really help a relationship .. And I know it aren't really lists, it's just there, like a huge library we can scroll through to find that one little piece of information, within a split second. Then recall everything from that one moment, the exact words, what he was wearing, the look in his eyes, intonation etc.
Kinda weird ..

Oh, I don't make "lists of what a man has said or done"; I remember what a person has said or done,

remember?

Nahhhh...if people don't want others to remember what they've said or done, what should be done differently is not saying or doing those things they don't want to be *held accountable* for, later.

Like I said, since being able to remember things (not refer to lists) has served me well in ALL aspects of my life, I'M not too keen to do anything differently and changing it.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 08:07 PM
Gosh...if blondie's in on it, I'm guessing it's medical-related...

...*like* - maybe - an organ transport case.

scared

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:44 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Fri 11/21/14 07:44 PM

Again, how does this get laid at President Obama's feet?!?

i guarantee i guarantee that i am not singling you out as this is meant as an open invitation to anyone for or against immigration policy. i invite you to texas to see for yourself what is going on

i could give a flying eff over a rolling donut who you or where you want to place blame. while you are praising obama, or slinging mud at him, here in texas we are dealing with illegal immigration in real time. i live in san antonio texas, where the government has housed many of the "illegals" (feel free to use whatever pc term you would like)
(btw, if you come and would like a tour, i have access to property in the rio grande valley. remains are found because there is no water available, rattlesnakes are not prejudice, and people will hide from border patrol agents who have food and water with them. a few will surrender to agents when they realize they are lost and their provisions have long since run out)

i want to add that this is just what i know about in a very small part of texas. the border extends all the way to california

Just last week, border officials in West Texas apprehended three Ukrainians crossing illegally. He said roughly 75 percent of those apprehended on a weekly basis are not from Mexico. In addition to the Ukrainians, he said illegal border crossers from Somalia, Pakistan and other countries that harbor terrorists have attempted to come through.
http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/19/texas-says-wont-wait-washington-secure-border/

(bulldog double guarantee - patent pending)

That was nicely verbose and filled with much verbiage.

But, still I ask: since it is CONGRESS' job to amend the immigration policies as it pertains to health screening of immigrants

and the last time they did anything health-related was in 1996

and President Obama took office on January 20, 2008,

how does this get laid at President Obama's feet?!?

It's OK to admit that it can't be laid at his feet,

IF - and ONLY if - we are factually-speaking.

We ARE factually- [and NOT knee-jerkingly- and emotionally-]speaking here,

riiiiiiight?!?

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:38 PM

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:21 PM

,,,,,what has that to do with Sharpton or Jackson?

its astonishing to me the hard on some people keep for those two,,,,

It appears they mention those two every chance they get (and keep those two within every thought that they have) as an ongoing testament and constant reminder to themselves as to how little those two REALLY mean in the grand scheme of things.

:thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:19 PM
Yup, yup...I DO have a very good memory; always have. It's served me well in school, in my career, in my life, AND while dating/relating with men.

It's simply one OTHER arena that I won't 'dumb-it-down' just so others can feel better.

But, I've always figured the fact that I'm a woman is completely coincidental and incidental to it all.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:07 PM
Heigh!!! waving

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 06:56 PM

"We don't screen for diseases," RGV Border Patrol spokesman Omar Zamora told Breitbart Texas. "All we are is a processing center, so we don't do that."
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/02/Base-Housing-1000-Illegal-Aliens-Allegedly-Ridden-with-Illness

The latest:
As coyotes – human smugglers hired to bring children into the United States – deliver them by the thousands with the help of Mexico - a public health danger, a law enforcement nightmare and yet another tax burden is created, courtesy of Barack Obama.
Now you say, “Come on, these are babies! This is a humanitarian crisis.” And I say, “We all love babies, but most of the ‘babies’ coming here are between the ages of 14 and 17, and three-quarters of those 14 to 17 year olds are males.”
http://linksterdiversions.blogspot.com/2014/07/judge-jeanine-pirro-destroys-obama-on.html

How does this get laid at President Obama's feet?!?

CONGRESS is responsible for setting immigration policy, which includes who gets excluded for what known health hazards. The history of immigration policy as it pertains to disease is as follows:

Immigration Act of 1891
Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952
Immigration Amendments Act of 1990
1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act

In 1993, people with HIV/AIDS were banned; this was rescinded in 2008. In 2007, concerns were raised about TB; to date, nothing has been done about it.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/R40570.pdf

President Obama took office on January 20, 2009.

The last Congressional Amendment to the health standards for entry to the United States (THEIR job and responsibility) was in 1996.

Again, how does this get laid at President Obama's feet?!?

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 02:17 PM

Having seen the speech, it seemed to me the entire
point was to get Congress to act.
Not the easiest task.

This.

One of President Obama's primary objectives from his first presidential campaign was to overhaul our current immigration system which is outdated, outmoded, and completely ineffectual...and has been for decades.

Congress and presidents for decades have known this. They are also aware that tackling immigration can be a death knoll for one's political career, which is why everyone steers clear of it and it is an issue that presidents ONLY address in their 2nd term...if at all.

President Obama has made no bones about it: pass a bill, and he'll rescind the Acts. His signatures on these Acts today simply remove another day of doing nothing about the problem.

It will be up to the newly Republican-headed House and Senate to decide if they'd actually like to step up to the plate and do the job they've been elected - and are paid - to do, or if they'd like to spend 25 MORE months (on top of the previous 71 months) avoiding doing their job while receiving pay by concentrating on suing the president and/or working to impeach him before his second and final term in office ends on January 20, 2017.

They could, instead, simply pass a workable immigration bill.

Since that's their job which they get paid TO do, and since they're already THERE on Capitol Hill, anyway...it seems to quickest, easiest, most effective, and most cost-conscious way to go.

For the record, I'm not a big fan of many of President Obama's solutions to this as he's outlined them and I'm seeing HUGE problems 3 years from now if the Acts DO stand. But, I DO see what he's doing and what his game plan is - forcing the people in Congress who ARE able to be re-elected for many, many MORE terms TO finally do something, after decades of stalling and stone-walling.

He promised he'd Change the Way Washington Does Business, and he's delivering ON that promise..."whether we like it or not".

drinks

"Personally, I'm fricken thrilled and the fact that it's causing [some] others such discomfort, is simply the sweetest icing on an already perfectly-baked cake."

Wow, that's how a third grader thinks. We will see how you feel in two months when Congress and the Senate block all of Obama's political appointments and initiatives until he reverses this action. This is just one of the few actions they announced they are going to take.

Nahhhh...President Obama is NOT going to erase his ink from the Act as Congress holds him hostage over non-funding of programs, failing to pass a budget, and/or failing to approve appointees.

He's said, quite clearly, the Act goes away the moment Congress passes an Immigration Bill OR when a new POTUS assumes office and does away it, whichever comes first.

Again and for the last time, the quickest, easiest, and most expeditious way to undue this Act which never should have BEEN signed is simply to pass an Immigration Bill withIN Congress, like they're paid to do.

Or, instead of doing the job they're paid to do, they can continue to stutter, stamp little feet, and stone-wall.

It appears they have the approval of most of the people participating in THIS thread TO continue to do nothing for a few MORE decades, if need be.

:thumbsup:

*Funny*, according to you erudite folk, I'm simply "a libtard", and even I don't like MY taxpayer dollars being wasted like this.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 02:07 PM

Allen West
1 hr ·

The movie "Exodus: Gods and Kings" will soon be released with a new look at the story of Moses. I must admit the "Ten Commandments" with Charleston Heston and Yul Brynner is a classic, and one of my favorites. It seems that President Barack Hussein Obama liked that movie as well apparently modeling himself after Brynner's character Ramses and the infamous line, "So let it be written, so let it be done. " Ramses didn't have a phone but he did have a pen.:laughing:

No more so than President Reagan and President George (H. W.) Bush.

Factually-(and historically-)speaking, that is.

*Odd* no one's bothered by THOSE Acts.

They went through Congress,that's the difference!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/the-weak-argument-defending-executive-amnesty/382906/

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/20/no-reagan-did-not-offer-an-amnesty-by-lawless-executive-order/

Obama is clearly contravening both ordinary practice and the wishes of Congress—as expressed in statute—by declaring an amnesty himself. This is nothing like Reagan’s or Bush’s attempts to implement Congress’ amnesty.

Simply not true, no matter how many times you re-type it.

"In 1986, Mr. Reagan signed the so-called amnesty bill passed by Congress that granted legal status to three million undocumented immigrants, and then acted on his own the following year to expand it to about 100,000 more...

...Mr. Bush moved in 1990 to allow 1.5 million undocumented spouses and children of immigrants who were in the process of becoming legal permanent residents to stay in the country and obtain work permits..." No act of Congress necessary...nor obtained.

President Obama's Act provides amnesty to absolutely no one. Zilch. Nada. There is no amnesty to ANYONE included in the plan he's signing.[/size=18]

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/us/politics/obamas-immigration-decision-has-precedents-but-may-set-a-new-one.html?_r=0

To do away with it, Congress need only sign a bill of their own. Should be easy enough to do, once the new Conservative-controlled House and Senate arrive in town,

riiiiiight?

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 12:51 PM
Something tells me YOUR idea of "(me) having some fun with you" here and MY idea of "(me) having some fun with you" here

are not going to be aligned, OP.

Best of luck to you!!! drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 12:22 PM
Except President Obama's plan doesn't provide amnesty to ANYone, though Reagan's and Bush's plans did.

Guess Reagan and Bush were simply pandering to the Haitian vote then,

then. Ergo-ipso-facto.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 09:35 AM

Allen West
1 hr �

The movie "Exodus: Gods and Kings" will soon be released with a new look at the story of Moses. I must admit the "Ten Commandments" with Charleston Heston and Yul Brynner is a classic, and one of my favorites. It seems that President Barack Hussein Obama liked that movie as well apparently modeling himself after Brynner's character Ramses and the infamous line, "So let it be written, so let it be done. " Ramses didn't have a phone but he did have a pen.:laughing:

No more so than President Reagan and President George (H. W.) Bush.

Factually-(and historically-)speaking, that is.

*Odd* no one's bothered by THOSE Acts.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 09:30 AM

Should I just wait till he's grown or not?

He's already grown.
At 18 people don't magically morph into a brand new creature called "adult."

Ummmm...actually, they do...at least here in the United States, anyway.

Barring emancipation, *magically* at 18 years of age, every *child* becomes responsible for their own actions, something they weren't at 17 years-and-364-days of age.

drinks

P.S. The OP has already deactivated, so all of this is moot, anyway.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:59 AM

Pretty bad if a Liberal Outfit turns on him!laugh

Not at all; they are not to be believed as they are "a bunch of libtards who don't know what they're talking about".

Why so many of you are now hanging your hats on their words NOW is rather oh-what's-the-word

hypocritical.

I agree. That's what past campaign writers and or organizers do. Spin it whatever way sounds good for who ever's benefit.

Just who's benefit is it now?

Indeed.

President Obama is no more "an emperor" nor "a king" than Presidents Reagan and Bush (the first one) were.

Factually-speaking, of course.

And, we ARE "factually-speaking", here...riiiiiiight???

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 07:40 AM

Pretty bad if a Liberal Outfit turns on him!laugh

Not at all; they are not to be believed as they are "a bunch of libtards who don't know what they're talking about".

Why so many of you are now hanging your hats on their words NOW is rather oh-what's-the-word

hypocritical.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 06:35 AM
According to you, "PolitiFact is a libtard organization that doesn't know what they're talking about."

Why are you suddenly changing your position?

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 06:30 AM

I'm speechless..

Any..thoughts on this???
I might sift through..ohwell :(

Yea, now they definitely have grounds for impeachment.

Only after they successfully and retroactively impeach Reagan and the first Bush.

It's a tool that's been used repeatedly throughout our history as a nation. The ONLY difference THIS time is it's a black POTUS holding the pen.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 06:29 AM

Face it,he violated his Constitutional Limits!

Claims his action is not Amnesty!
Since when is painting over a Dungheap changing it?
It will remain a Dungheap regardless of the gaudy colors!

Nahhhh...it's the same thing that was done under Reagan in 1986 with his penning of the Immigration Reform and Control Act

AND

the same thing that was done with George H. W. Bush's Immigration Act of 1990

except

that President Obama's Act doesn't provide blanket amnesty (as theirs did); it merely provides a path to (NOT a guaranty of) remaining here legally.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/obama-s-executive-action-isn-t-outrageous-it-s-how-immigration-reform-gets-done-20141120

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/21/14 06:13 AM

Having seen the speech, it seemed to me the entire
point was to get Congress to act.
Not the easiest task.

This.

One of President Obama's primary objectives from his first presidential campaign was to overhaul our current immigration system which is outdated, outmoded, and completely ineffectual...and has been for decades.

Congress and presidents for decades have known this. They are also aware that tackling immigration can be a death knoll for one's political career, which is why everyone steers clear of it and it is an issue that presidents ONLY address in their 2nd term...if at all.

President Obama has made no bones about it: pass a bill, and he'll rescind the Acts. His signatures on these Acts today simply remove another day of doing nothing about the problem.

It will be up to the newly Republican-headed House and Senate to decide if they'd actually like to step up to the plate and do the job they've been elected - and are paid - to do, or if they'd like to spend 25 MORE months (on top of the previous 71 months) avoiding doing their job while receiving pay by concentrating on suing the president and/or working to impeach him before his second and final term in office ends on January 20, 2017.

They could, instead, simply pass a workable immigration bill.

Since that's their job which they get paid TO do, and since they're already THERE on Capitol Hill, anyway...it seems to quickest, easiest, most effective, and most cost-conscious way to go.

For the record, I'm not a big fan of many of President Obama's solutions to this as he's outlined them and I'm seeing HUGE problems 3 years from now if the Acts DO stand. But, I DO see what he's doing and what his game plan is - forcing the people in Congress who ARE able to be re-elected for many, many MORE terms TO finally do something, after decades of stalling and stone-walling.

He promised he'd Change the Way Washington Does Business, and he's delivering ON that promise..."whether we like it or not".

Personally, I'm fricken thrilled and the fact that it's causing [some] others such discomfort, is simply the sweetest icing on an already perfectly-baked cake.

drinks

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25