8MM = 0x
9 = 0x
976-Evil = 2x
9 to 5 = 4x
9 Months = 4x
9th Gate = 3x

Tomishereagain's photo
Sun 12/21/14 10:46 AM
In today's world dating is a many-fold proposition.
You can date in person, on the phone, texting, video chat, dating site message system and even speed dating. Anything that lets a possible partner judge your worthiness.

Dating is for assessing:
1. Physical compatibility
2. Mental compatibility
3. Spiritual compatibility
4. Moral compatibility
5. Activities compatibility
6. Mundane compatibility

During online dating you get to learn the prospective partner's attitude towards life. You can evaluate their moral values and mannerisms. You can look at everything they have posted publicly and gain insight from reading their forum posts. You can save their messages as a record of their ability to be truthful and responsive to you. It makes for an effective filter and benchmark for closer relationships with them such as personal phone calls, video chatting and first meet dates in person.

Effectively using a dating site as a tool requires honesty, predictability and manners. Not only are you looking for the one you are putting out there that you are available to be the one.

Good Luck...

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/07/14 10:40 AM
In this topic we pick a subject at the top and list TEN related things about it.

LIFE
1. The Universe is alive
2. Even a rock has a lifespan (existence)
3. Our perceptions of what life is are delusional
4. Life can exist as we don't recognise it
5. Nature is out to kill us
6. Death is a transferance of life energy
7. Life occurs at the moment of conception until puberty is reached
8. Death starts to occur after puberty and continues until the body can no longer function
9. Someone in a coma or vegatative state that can still maintain body function is still alive
10. As long as one cell is still alive in the center of your brain you have not died yet

Meal Ideas
1} Burger Turds - Mini meatloaves with gravy
2} Red Gravy - Cajun spaghetti with steak & cajun sausage (Hot & Spicy)
3} Souper Burgers - Hamburgers with Lipton Soup Mix added
4} Steak Poppers - Battered deep-fried stewbeef marinaded in spicy sauces
5} Six Flags Turkey Drummers - Marinaded Smoked Turkey drumsticks wrapped in aluminum foil
6} BeerCan Chicken - Shove a can of beer in a chicken & BBQ it
7} Cider Chops & Kraut - Crockpot some chops or ribs in apple cider & sauerkraut
8} **** on the Shingle - Chipped beef & gravy on toast
9} Corned Beef & Cabbage - Crockpot boiled dinner (Malt vinegar a must)
10} Hamburger Gravy - Saucy ground beef over taters or noodles

Things That Can't Be Beat
1. Sunrise on the ocean
2. Sunset on the ocean
3. Good sex (any sex really)
4. Unfaultering love in the eyes of your dog
5. Blended saxaphone solos
6. The smell of fresh baked bread
7. The moment a baby first recognises you
8. Realizing you dont have to be happy all the time
9. Completing a very difficult life puzzle
10. Waking up

Golden Rules For Life
1: If you open it/Close it
2: If you turned it on/Turn it off
3: If it doesn't belong to you/Ask the owner before messing with it
4: If you empty it/Refill it
5: If its none of your business/Keep your opinions to yourself
6: If you borrow it/Bring it back as soon as you are done with it
7: If you break it/Replace it
8: If you give it away/Let it go
9: If you love it/Cherish it
10: If it causes you pain or discomfort/Get rid of it

OK- Now You

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 11:58 AM
Call it a profile extension.

TOM
AkA: Tomishereagain
Yes, That is me
I'm single & looking, but currently very alone
I have 4 Children
3 Boys & 1 Girl
I have 11 Grandchildren
I was a Truck/Heavy Equipment Mechanic for 30 years
I was ASE Master Certified
I was a Shop Manager
I was a Safety Coordinator and Compliance Manager
I was a Construction Mechanic in the US Navy Seabees for 7 years active
I was an E-5 2nd Class Petty Officer
I don't watch TV much
I watch anything I want on my PC
I have my Stereo & TV hooked to my PC
I don't Drink or do Drugs
I live Low Stress & Drama-Free
I've been working with computers since 1986
I've been on the internet since 1994
I drive a 4X4 truck
I have no credit cards- Don't want them
I like to cook
I am organized
I am clean
I am intelligent
I have a wide imagination
I once tickled 250 sheep while falling asleep
I am romantic
I am charming
I am funny
I am creative
I like to share
I treat everyone with respect until they disrespect me
"Do Unto Others as You Would Have Done Unto You"
I have a phone but hate using it
I like to skype
I can't text
I'm not that into sports
I don't tweet or twitter or whatever you call it
I use Pinterest
I have 4 TB of Movies, TV Shows and Music and still growing
I believe in God but I don't believe in Churches
I like science
I like Godzilla - LOL
"We are the universe trying to figure itself out"
Storms (Give me Thunder & Lightning)
Camping & Nature Walks
High Speed Internet (Did dial-up at 14700kbs at one time)
Firefox
Classic Rock
Blues
Goa Psy Trance/Dance Tempo
Action Movies
Thrillers
Horror/SciFi/Fantasy (Speculative Fiction)
Sharing ideas and links
Cooking for others
Perrier Sparkling Water
Pepsi
Smoked Gouda
New York Sharp Cheddar
Fruits & Veggies
Thick Rib-Eyes
Sammiches
Artistic
Shy
Witty
Respectful

If you talk to me I will respect you and you may find out you like me.
Thanx for looking at my profile!

Other Tags:
art, calm, camping, classic rock, computers, cooking, driving, flea markets, forums, grandchildren, home, long trips, movies, quiet, reading, thunderstorms

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 11:39 AM
I feel for ya.

Perhaps this will help some...

Loneliness and being alone are two different things.

Being alone is a circumstance where Loneliness is a depression.

For most people (there are causes for depression that are medical) depression is something that only you can beat. It requires a change in thinking and creating new activities. Being aware that you are depressed is the first step. Many people baulk at the idea that they are not in full control of themselves but you gotta get past that.

You may not be able to change the fact that you are alone but you can change the way you see it. You have to recognize the thinking that is causing the depression. Once you can see it coming you can redirect your thinking to something more desirable.

Those things you tell yourself have a direct impact on your minds state of health. Longing for something you do not have is just reinforcing your sense of loss. Concentrate on the things in your life that you do have. Work towards making the things you like better.

Oh, and something else,... Proclaim the GOOD THINGS in your life.
When something happens in your life that is a Good Thing actually say the words - This is a Good Thing - It does help you keep focus on the good.

Being alone is something we all must contend with from time to time.
Stop trying to be Happy and try to be Content. When you are content, happiness just seems to find its own way into your life and it is a natural happiness.

Contentment and natural happiness attracts potential partners no matter the gender. If you can get control of the loneliness state of mind your contentment may remedy the state of being alone.

I wish you luck my friend!waving

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 11:04 AM
Thanx mrld_ii,

There are many factors that prevent me from doing the socializing activities that are conducive to meeting new women. I think my biggest pitfall is that I am shy. I am also Gun-Shy if you can understand that.

My personality has been more a personal, one to one thing, than a stage or arena. I am not comfortable in crowds anymore and I have no idea how to act in todays world. It seems everyone is always on the phone? I can't bring myself to just butt into their lives.

I am on here because I want new people in my life but I need to meet them and determine their worthiness first. I know that sounds bad but my experience with friendships have been less than desirable.

I have many interests, probably way too many for some people.
Have a look:
http://www.pinterest.com/tomishereagain/

I feel like my reply is all negative but you should understand that I appreciate your comment and I do understand what you are saying. All things that I have already considered.

Aside from possibly meeting someone on a dating site I feel that the only way I will meet someone is if they come into my life from an association with someone I already know. Once they get to know me I and I them there is a better chance. Problem is, The friends my son knows are all young-ins.

We do picnics at the parks and I have tried to talk with women but it seems they are all too busy. I feel like I am imposing.

Thank You for the well-wishes and may you find someone special yourself!waving

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:31 AM
I don't believe in Religion but I do believe in God.
Part of the dating process for me is to find a potential companion.
If her religion interfears with the reality of the courtship then there can be no relationship.
Just the fact that she believes a religion is not an issue. She can believe what she wants as long as it is not something she forces on me.
I have been religious and used to Believe many things. I can understand the need for something like religion in someones life and if it is good it can create a loving personality. Just like any good thing some people get greedy and let it consume them. I have no will to be around anyone consumed with religious beliefs.
I learned my morality thru life experiences and my religious years. Morality is a must for a healthy relationship. One thing I do expect is that she understands and respects my beliefs as she would expect me to to for hers.
Religious discussions in a dating situation is a requirement but what becomes of those discussions is more important. There will always be differences in beliefs - we are all different - its how she accepts or cant accept those differences that determines our compatability.

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:09 AM

It amazes me how people are willing to deceive themselves like that. Because my conscience won't have it.

Just chiming in...

There is a difference between Religion and God.
Most interpretations of God come from Religion.
Religion is Man dictating the concepts of morality.
God is a solution to the mystery of reality.

I like the quote by Carl Sagan - We are the Universe trying to figure itself out.

To Me (I dont expect anyone to agree)
God is the Universe.

GOD
Was first and will be the last, Created Everything, Is in everything, Is all powerful and Is All Knowing
YUP!

The UNIVERSE
Is the first thing and will be the last
When it came to be, everything that could be created is or was created
Everything ever created is part of the universe
The laws governing the Universe is absolute
Every reality, imagination and belief is the Universe trying to understand itself.
YUP!

You, Me and every other living thing in existence is part of the Universe. Not a separate part but the Universe itself. From the smallest quantum particle to the largest super-cluster of galaxies its all part of the Universe. Everything that happens, is thought or believed is the Universe doing so.

When someone believes there are ghosts, the Universe is believing there are ghosts. Our Dreams are the Universe dreaming. Our Songs are the Universe singing. Our Fears are the Universe fearing. Everything everywhere is the Universe experiencing existence.

Our common delusion is that we are separate from the Universe. We are somehow not "in" it. Our minds refuse to acknowledge this one simple common fact. The Universe is continuing to expand. It is expanding not only in occupied space and matter it is expanding in belief and learning. It is aware of itself because We are aware of it.

Everytime one of us has an idea, a belief or imagine something, the Universe expands to encompass it. The Universe is not just a physical conglomeration of matter, it extends into the concept of the paranormal, psychic and religious beliefs.

Mankind believes the Universe to be about 14 billion years old. We may be wrong but given the evidence so deduced and discovered I think its pretty accurate. It's also believed by observation that it is still growing. It is expanding in all directions at once filling the void that is not Universe. One of those voids is the imagination.

There are things that the Universe can not do. It can not go outside itself. Let me explain. If you try to imagine yourself outside of the Universe. Being part of the Universe the Universe has tried to imagine itself outside of itself. By doing so, the Universe has created an area beyond itself and has therefore expanded to create it.

Is the Universe alive? Well, yes, It is. Life is within the Universe so the Universe is alive. Is Death the end of the Universe? NO. When something dies, wheter it be a particle, a star, a plant or you, The energy is redirected back into the Universe. The essence of your being is reunited with the essence of the Universe.

I watched a segment of The Universe on TV that explained a theory that everything that can be imagined will happen eventually over the life of the Universe. From werewolves to space invaders. It may be billions of years in the future or billions of years in the past.

I'm not attempting to persuade anyone of a belief system. I'm not saying any specific religion or thoughts are wrong. This is my own attempt to make sense of God and Science. Unlike so many people, I can see the connection. I'm just trying to share what I see.

One of the problems with Religions is that they are written by other men using concepts and methods to control people. Religion tries to make reality personal and reality is NOT personal. It has some roots of truth - God is in all of us - God created everything - and so on but it fails to tell you that God (The Universe) is not concerned with the tiny spark of life that makes you. God did not DO anything special for you.

The Universe is vast. Religion would have you believe that God is human in nature. Religion would rather persecute you for ideas like mine than be open to any possibilities outside its own doctrine. This is stagnation and oppression. It is not the concept of GOD that is a deception - It is the concept of Religion.

There is a GOD (The Universe). :)

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 09:40 AM
Edited by Tomishereagain on Thu 11/06/14 09:39 AM
Bay St Louis/Waveland

Tomishereagain's photo
Thu 11/06/14 09:37 AM
Hello,
This is my first post here and if I have not found someone in 1,000 posts I will probably delete and move along.

I recently moved to the Gulf Coast for the weather. Last year in Pennsylvania the weather got down to -14 deg and my body said NO MORE!
Here it is November and its still shorts and tee shirts! The only issue I have is that the dead of summer is so hot and humid I got a sick feeling from it. Perhaps next summer I will be better acclimatized?

Being new to the area is an exercise in isolation for me. I'm shy and quiet unless someone actually talks to me. Aside from occasional walks on the beaches and picnics with my sons family I dont go out and do much more than shopping. Its hard to go to a restaurant by yourself - if ya know what I mean.

Aside from the weekly obligatory visit from my son I am alone. I watch a lot of movies, listen to a lot of music and sit on the front porch a lot. My only contact with people other than family is online from various forums and communities. I read a lot. If I get lonely I take a nap - I know people in my dreams and they will talk to me.

I've never been one to participate in viral fads. Never had a pet rock, not into facebook or twitter and I dont really like using phones. I refuse to perpetuate drama and conceit. I have a lot of time to ponder reality and I have the ability to see the root of a situation or the baseline personality of a person. I find that most people I see are really wrapped up in their own manifestations of what they think life is.

My isolation is self-induced. There are some benefits like less stress and drama, no responsibility to anyone except myself and my house stays clean. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Loneliness is the mental attitude where you think you need someone but being alone is just a matter of isolation. I get lonely sometimes but most of the time I keep myself entertained.

I've met women on dating sites and even lived with one for about a year. Our relationship ended in two months because we did not click as a couple but we continued to be roommates and everything was fine until she decided not to pay her part of the bills. We parted as friends but she became someone I did not want in my life. This did not jade me to online dating - only made me more careful.

Right now, I am just looking for a woman that wants to message back and forth for a bit. Eventually we can skype and continue to talk to get to know each other. When and if the time is right we could meet in real life and see how things go. Move Slow - Move Sure - Avoid Mistakes

Now since this is a forum I should put out something to ponder and discuss:
1. Isolation - We have all been thru periods of isolation, Tell me about it. How long were you isolated? What was the factor that played a part in you being no longer alone? How did you cope with the loneliness that creeps in on you?

2. Socializing - I am not a bar or a church person. I believe in God but not religions. I dont drink and I am not macho driven. Other than impersonal casual talk how do you create a possible relationship with someone you do not know? I am hesitant about offending a woman by implying that I am interested in her. What are some of the things I should or should not say?
In my youth I had no problems creating relationships because I was able to use normal dating guidelines. What are women in the 50s range interested in seeing/hearing from a man?

3. Message Replies - I am aware that many men on dating sites are driven by their sexual urges. They can be crude, cruel and insensitive. Is there a method or phrase that women will see in a message that will entice her to respond to messages? I've seen women that get offended at simple things like expressing compliments on their profile or pictures. I would never attempt to contact a woman that I didn't think was pretty. Why is stating that fact such a no-no? Do women understand that there are some men that are not driven by the urge to get their pants off?

Most dating site forums are filled with people that are jaded and crude. There are jokers that inappropriately insert their forms of humor into serious threads. I can be light-hearted and joky when the occasion warrants it. Then there are those that read and have very interesting opinions on the subject but feel oppressed or unworthy of commenting. Help me out...Is this forum for actually meeting people or just more of the same?

1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next