Community > Posts By > woodford

woodford's photo
Tue 04/07/09 07:06 PM
I would have to say that it depends on your job and position in said job. If I worked at a burger joint as a fry cook I dont think I would worry so much about loosing my job or reprocussions of sorts. SO I would just ask :

I was wondering if you would like to go get lunch with me today.

this is not a date but can lead to more and can also not end a job as you have not put the "date" on the table. its just lunch. yet it shows interest.

as to dateing a collige in a professional career.

very tricky and most companys say DONT DO IT OR YOUR GOING TO BE LET GO. close quarters can offten lead to false feelings so its good to evaluate it and see if its real or infatuation.

best I can offer. :)

woodford's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:58 PM
constant comments about how bussy they are. Im sorry but when your interested in someone you always seem to find time even if its stealing time to text "i miss you" in the restroom at work. hmm, that sounded gross but Im sure you understand.

or,

conversation that is not full and exploritive of who the other is AND who you are. an exchange on one persons part yet no offer of who they are is a huge sign to me that the investment of self is not there so I may be an option.

woodford's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:49 PM
hello Roni, welcome.

for my part I feel conflicted about the nudge vs email vs wait for someone to contact me. I suppose its just up to the type of persone that you are and enjoy spending time with. I dont have a problem sending off an Email however I usualy keep it breff and ask politely to get to know them. a profile is just a small snipit of who someone is and more than likely the creater has no idea how to place who they are and what they want in a few paragraphs. so... if you look cute to me and from what I read you sould like an interesting person then there it is. however there are times Ill nudge but not offten.

I enjoy a woman who initiates a conversation but have no issue with a woman who feels unconfortable doing so. rather like IRL when a woman will give that grinn or look but would not come over and say HI expecting a guy to not be interested in her even tho she is the hottest girl in the room. guess all not everyone sees in the mirror what others see.

also, in this day and age men have been preached at via the media that woman are wanting men who are so PC that some of us kinda just freeze up unsure of what to do and not wanting to seem a crazy stalker just for sending an email or nudge.

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:54 PM
Not afraid. as long as its heathy and not as some have mentioned as a chip on the sholder or a clame that has no merrit. I would hope that you are independent enough to not need continual aproval for existing and that you are strong enough to be asertive and not agressive.

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:45 PM
to find out why. to experiance. to share my experiances and learn from others. to fill my mind with whatever I find interesting. To help those around me as they help me.

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:39 PM
this ties into the thought that I had conserning how many women will send off an email to initiate. I would have to agree that responce rate is low. say one in ten. *shrug*

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:30 PM
call me silly as Im posting again here.

I must say that I think your heart is in the right place. Now try and bring others there as well and language will not need to be changed. change the hearts not the words.

also, is it just me or is it odd to continualy set up groups of individuals as different and therefor in need of specal treatment instead of just looking at everyone as a uniqe individual who deserves respect for existing.

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:09 PM
more than 8 years. thanks I had to stop and think on that one. reminds me of some things that I needed to remember.flowerforyou

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 05:55 PM
I think there are times we all as humans will not beleve what is in front of our face for one reason or another. call it a self preserving mental block to the truth. once we are able to handle the issue it becomes clear and its accepted.

rather like when someone is told that there loved one is dead they sometimes literaly have to see the body in order to beleve the fact that there mind is so desperately trying to deny.

yes its happend to me.

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 05:50 PM

Bob

hahah loved that movie.

for the OP, Jeronimo!!:smile:

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 05:44 PM
changing language will not change peoples perceptions or actions.

a rose by any other name is still a rose.

sorry I just dont see how changing language can effect change in someones prespective on an issue. perhaps your going about effecting change in an in efective way?

woodford's photo
Fri 04/03/09 05:26 PM
I agree that there are lots of variables on this one so its dificult to say for sure. However the thing that would upset me if at all is the lack of respect for my feelings on the issue so as to not consult me first befor the offer was extended.

I am the kind of person who prefers to be called befor someone drops by.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 09:37 PM
this is a place where to sit back and wait for atention is to let opertunity pass you up. speek up but dont badger. just a small email with an expression of interest and see what happens. there is no monopoly on who can contact who first.

being who you are is best. all men have there personal preferances and to them it matters. act in a way that makes you feel happy and then you will atract a mate that will keep that alive.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 07:17 PM
ZOMG thats great!! nice pic.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 07:09 PM
Edited by woodford on Thu 04/02/09 07:10 PM
his and hers pottys are a bit much but I suppose if it makes them happy cool for them. I dont think there is to much in love. a burning passion for the other is heathy I think. but it could also be looked as as not love but obsession. Fine line but importand I think.

I still think the best thing I can imagine for my years up coming is spending the days looking at my loved one and knowing that we still love each other as we hold hands and see past the old man or woman that the mirror shows us.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 06:43 PM
some secrets are best left alone. however after many years with the same person they all tend to come out. handing over a list at the start of a relationship to me would kill the fun in learning about the person Im interested in.

relationships can be like presents that you can keep unwraping and finding new cool things in.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 06:36 PM
become rather disturbed that I was not asked first. seems that if Im expected to do a job I should at least have been given the curtisy of being asked to do it.:tongue:

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 06:17 PM
Edited by woodford on Thu 04/02/09 06:17 PM
I feel you in me as the thought extention of myself. a warmth spreads as I recal your the presence you left in my mind. a pause in life as we speek together.

cought wiht a smile on my lips my co workers ask "what are you smileing about?" and it brodens couse if they only new they would smile too.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 06:05 PM
if you pause its with good reason. go with your gut not your hormons. if he falls for you as a friend then all the better. remember the saying. why by the cow when you get the milk free.

woodford's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:54 PM
I understand the idea. However I feel that it takes an ability that I just dont have or want to have to be able to carry it off with a happy ending for both partys. *no pun intended*

I have seen this type of thing lead to marrage. conversly I have seen a friendship break up over it.

for my part Ill stick to sex with someing Im dateing.