Community > Posts By > EyeAmYourHost39

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 03:38 PM
Ms Harmony,

Remember the 70's hit show " All In The Family"? Remember Archie Bunker, on how people thought he was racist? Later it came out Archie wasn't racist but old fashion that didn't know what to say out his mouth. Remember back in the 70's those BlackExpo Films like " The Mack" " Dolomite", " Foxy Brown" " JD's Revenge" & " Superfly". Remember how black people some, took offense with the content of those classic movies. Better Yet, when the legendary movie " Scarface" was released in the after hour drive in theatres people didn't like it at first. The argument was mention that Pacino made Latinos from Cuba look like drug Czars. But the movie wasn't to portray as glorifying drugs it was a tale of one man's revenge not drugs.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 03:28 PM
TomBraider,

Well I always find it that white America watches just as much B.E.T. as blacks. Look at hip hop now. Some of your best M.C's are White artist. White America always tuned in to black entertainment. They watch just as much as " In Living Color TV Show". Just as much " Empire on Fox", Just as much as Good Times Show " as us. the difference is when they watch these ethnic shows they watch it to learn our experiences. When we watch it, we can relate and we lived it.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 03:18 PM
Alleoops,

White college student wanted to prove a point about black comedians making fun of being Valley White Chicks. So as a Halloween costume she wanted to be a black person. What make the situation crazy she on the schools soccer team and because of her costume she was discipline by not being about to play at the big game. Let's face it in this culture the movie makers or better yet the screen writes of movies that have black comedians playing white characters, sometimes they don't think about how it would make you feel but to make laughs. White America, yes they live different. Yes sometimes we may not identify with how they go about, but in my book , its not cool to make fun of one's culture.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 03:10 PM
Ms. Harmony,

LOl....yes yahua & yahuasha isn't color by spiritual energy. Love, Compassion, understanding not a race. that's been killing the fiber of this country color codes & races.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 03:08 PM
MIkey4YouSweety,

Hey , welcome to the discussion. Well today Menstrual Movies & TV still lives. Movies that portray blacks like fools I hate to name names but movies like " Soul Plane" with Snoop Dogg, " Don't Drink Your Juice In The Hood" starring the Wayans Bros., and I mean we can name dozens of movie that is Menstrual. Just like black people I think white America should say " No More White Portrayals". If you don't like it when we go black face than don't go white face. I mean its a fair request. We can't condemned white America for making comedy out of black face if we don't make the same offense to white America.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 01:36 PM
Ms Harmony,

Hey Baby girl , welcome back to this discussion. So you saying " White Chicks" was a reverse of C. Thomas Howell Movie" Soul Man"? I thought both movies was funny. I don't take offense to characters. Everybody knows playing a characters is total fiction. But at the same time I think we must not crossed boundaries that will hurt or offend another. One thing I like about the Dave Chappelle Show was he made fun of everybody including back people. Look at the character "Crack Head Tyrone" Then playing a undercover Klansman until they found out he was black,,,,,,that stuff is hilarious.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 01:31 PM
TomBraider,

Welcome to this discussion, well Let say this, do white America when they see another race impersonate them, could they have the right to say" That's offensive". Think Of the movie" White Chicks" was that making fun of valley white girls?" I mean its not Sambo or Amos & Andy but I'm white, maybe conservative or blue collar type may look at the movie as making fun of there culture.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 01:17 PM
EyeAmYorHost39,

Well how I see it, well if playing a role in " Black Face " is offensive, the Playing "White Face" would be considered offensive too. When I look at the " Dave Chappelle Show" where he plays white characters all the time, in a lot of ways was stereo typical but it made a lot of people laugh. Racism & sex make some & break some. The both make a hit out of any entertainment or music. Remember Saturday Night Live, all my old schoolers know what I'm talking about before the shortening of SNL. Remember, Dana Carvey play " The Church Lady" he posted as white old Catholic church lady, and that skit was very funny. playing a white old church lady and playing another race is far not the same humor. I believe we live in a era where everything offends everybody. But at the same time we must watch how to be funny without using stereo types to make a point.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 11/02/17 01:06 PM
Good Evening America, its been a while since my last post, I want to bring a funny but serious to some. America, let me ask you a question, remember that Wayans Bros. novelty comedy movie " White Chicks"? If you haven't seen the movie, it was about 2 black young undercover agents posing in costume as 2 white valley rich girls to impersonate the real " Tiffany" & " Britney" but at the same time the must stop a diamond thief. To me it was a very silly funny movie. It had a lot of big names like Terry Crews, & a few other A-listers. Okay, here's the problem, a college at a Massachusetts college are investing after students said a female soccer player attended an on-campus Halloween party with darkened skin to portray a character from the movie " White Chicks". America, follow me now, let's continue, The Sun Chronicle reports a photo taken Friday shows the women with her darkened skin by makeup, a drawn-on goatee & a bald cap. A Wheaton College spokesman called the costume " Offensive & racist" Michael Graca says the investigation could take two weeks but officials at the college in Norton have already met with students. Because of her actions she wasn't able to play soccer at a school game as discipline. America, is there a such thing as reverse Racism ? Remember back in the day the black face characters was waaayyyy too offensive right? But what if a black guys posing as white girls, is that the same Menstrual thinking as like " Black Face"? So let's talk about it. How do you feel about when comedians dress up in costume as other races, is the same stigma as in reverse?

All Replies Will Be Returned!
Thank You Sincerely
EyeAmYourHost39

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 10/26/17 03:46 PM
Edited by EyeAmYourHost39 on Thu 10/26/17 03:59 PM
Ms Harmony,

I think of us being parents of color in America we will always worry about our kids especially with our sons. See like you I worry one day my sons want to relocate or take a long drive somewhere being stop by the police and he or they may lose there lives that day if the cop isn't feeling like that black child is being insubordinate. yes I agree with you totally that will would be far dangerous than a gay individual in a car. See until you mention you live that lifestyle nobody will ever stereotype you first. But being black young boy or man isn't something you can hide.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 10/26/17 03:41 PM
Ms. Harmony,

Hello precious one, yes me too believe me I don't condone the lifestyle but I do believe in individual equality. If they can pick on the LGBTQ then they can pick on the black & brown, Muslim & Christian believers, a woman or a man sexism in America, & god knows who else. I wouldn't discriminate gays or trans genders. I mean being a black guy won't be fair to spread the same kind of hate that was brought to my people. But one thing for sure I'm proud of the fact at least powers of my city & non profit as well as advocates talked and change laws & put a new face on a community that I consider the under dogs....way to go for them for a long victory.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 10/26/17 03:32 PM
EyeAmYourHost39,

I see it as me as a supporter to the LGBTQ community & I'm glad to see our city taking there experiences serious. I work in the social service and I seen discrimination upon them. I thought me being black German in America facing prejudices was bad but nothing as horrible as what they face. I have gay friends and sometimes I worry bout there safety when the out in public holding hands, or at a park laying on the grass together showing affection, I worry a creep or a group of ignorant somebodies will harm them not understanding that's who they want to be with and I have greater worries to conquer than worry about who somebody love or devoted too. I will say this in the article later explains in January PCHR released a report containing recommendations for bars & non profit institutions, including requiring training on the Fair Practice Ordinance & implicit bias. A monitoring process & enforcement consequences accompanied the requirements. Since issuing this report, all of the bars & establishments that were subpoenaed have followed the commission's recommendations & participated in the PCHR-led Trainings.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Thu 10/26/17 03:16 PM
Good evening my comrades of Mingle2, shouts out to all my native Europeans out there from Germany, Germany in the house...!, France, Britain, Ireland, Ukraine, & Russia! I hold us down in the states...! okay, lets get started. Now before I begin this been a issue in my city of Philadelphia but I want you think universal okay, I want to hear from you all. Okay, I came across this article in my local newspaper that we could talk about. It starts by saying Racism in the LGBTQ Neighborhood: A progress Report & an Invitation. Now I know my city isn't perfect by far none. We face a ridicules soda tax. We face segregation in certain part of the city. Crime, a racist historical background, & corrupt cops. But one thing that my city is now taking the time to address for the LGBTQ communities there respect & fairness within there area of the city. The article starts by saying A year after a historic hearing on racism & discrimination in Philadelphia LGBTQ Community, we again ask the community to come out together to help keep us all moving forward. America, follow m now, it goes on to say in a political climate where racism & hate incidents on the rise, we at the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) & the office of LGBTQ Affairs believe that progress continues in the fight to dismantle racism, bias, discrimination, & unfairness in the community. Although advocacy groups had been doing the work for more than 30 years to identify & fight discrimination within the LGBTQ individuals reached a boiling point last year. America, follow me now, The office of LGBTQ Affairs with the support of the Mayor's Commission on LGBTQ Affairs, furthers this important by continuing intense & focused outreach efforts with an eye & heart towards inclusion & racial & ethnic diversity, & elevating & honoring the voices & lives of marginalizing in our community. This Year the Office also unveiled a new LGBTQ pride rainbow flag that includes the colors brown & black. The Office & the Commission are intentional in supporting & giving voice to these who are too often left out of narratives about the LGBTQ experiences, particularly persons or color, youth & elders, & trans & gender-nonconforming individuals. Okay America, I know this was a lot of read but it give us a chance to talk about it with clear understanding. Again like I mention in the intro of this, think if this happens in your city. what are your city doing to help the LGBTQ communities? Are you For supporting the ideal of chance for them or do you thin it requires more time to see if laws will be changed for the community. So lets talk!

All Replies Will Be Returned Respectfully!
Thank A Million '
EyeAmYourHost39,

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Wed 10/25/17 05:40 PM
EyeAmYourHost39,

Another thing, Fellas this goes out to you now, leave the swag at the front door. Like women we are the new women now! Men are emotional too. Men don't want there feelings hurt either! Men don't want to be lied to & cheated on either. Guys, trust me on this, I want you to be a man, play your position but stop being " Chatty Patty" on social media or to each other & tell her how you feel without game. Like women, if she's " Hood Boooger" than leave her to her thoughts.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Wed 10/25/17 05:28 PM
EyeAmYourHost39,

Ladies, let me help you out okay, Good guys are still in the world believe me I'm a by product of being one, but I'm not the issue here....lol. Well for start, you have to change your perception of a fairytale type chivalry. I mean, its a new day in age so you have to take old school courting and bump it up a notch. First tell yourself, is it me? is my expectations are way too high? Do I have a man wish list that he has to past? Eliminate that kind of thinking. Be honest with yourself. With a guy or girl of your liking. Make great conversation, share interest. Have a opinion with villianizing those who don't think your way. If it don't work out take the experience and use it for fuel to be better and not be biter. Now, your heart telling you he's a creep, jump ship, get out , don't lower standards to just for face value.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Wed 10/25/17 05:14 PM
Good evening my lovely mingle2 family, shout out my fellow Europeans out there. My Czech's, my Germans...heeeyy Deutschland in the house!. My Ukrainians, French & British comrades. Okay, let's get right into this. Normally I do my political " Hot Tea Topics", but tonight I feel like leaving my comfort zone and post a gem in the dating room. Ladies, what do I mean when I headlined this topic about having the cure for your love wellness? Well, speaking on myself I recently had a nice talk with a good female friend & she asked me " Corey, what do men really want? I mean why is it so hard to find a great guy?" then she added the usual examples on how we either locked up, turn to men, token by good women, or the ones they chasing think they hot stuff and cocky, not taking you too serious! Well, I may have some friendly suggestions on a cure for that. Ladies, I want you to realize men today are " The New Women". We want the same as what you want, some guys like myself will express it thru action and communication. Other men egos are bigger than there heads( I let you pick which one...lol). Okay, Mingle tell me if you agree with me. lets talk about what makes you happen? Why is it harder for some & not so hard for others? Is wanting a awesome person in your life is asking too much? Are you willing to empower yourself to make changes in your dating life to make happiness a reality? Okay, now's its your turn to talk. Can't wait to hear from you all.

All Responses Will Be Answered Back!
Thank You All Sincerely
EyeAmYourHost39

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Wed 10/25/17 12:31 PM
cheeriosoo,

Hey buddy, well I certainly read where you coming from but buddy lets not forget that I'm a firm believer of guns don't kill people , people kill people. far as I see cops, you right all cops are not the same but I have ill will to the crooked cops. not the hard working, law biding cops that's not into being corrupted. I agree guns are here to stay. I have 3 firearms * a rifle. But at the same time people should require mental health evaluations before acquiring fire arms.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Mon 10/23/17 04:45 PM
GreenEyes148,

Yes the tv pushes a wonder drug for everything, think about it weight loss, mental health, asthma, weight gain, sex pills, birth control & etc. the reason they push for this is so it can keep us relying on the meds which means the doctors will stay filthy rich.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Mon 10/23/17 04:34 PM
TxsGal333,

Hello, well I see you did your homework on this case here. I believe the guy was mental health. I believe he may of been jealous of the other employees and took it out on them. I also believe maybe he just didn't like his job. But is it right to kill your colleagues because your life is crap.....ahhh...no! Then again, what constitutes being mental health? when people shoot other people and kill them we as people quick to label a angry person to be mental. remember when the topic about the girl killed her class mates , you know the slender man case? some say she was mental, I say she's angry and a demonic force told her to do it.

EyeAmYourHost39's photo
Mon 10/23/17 10:34 AM
MotownDowntown,

Wow the Texas Tower Shooting" now that something I haven't heard tell me what happen?

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25