and the sorrows still higher.

I stir in you like summer in
a slim and broken
saucer. Our thirsty
lips a trembling offer
to our hands.
I swim in you like all moths
draw a flame to their exposure,
and then the hopefulness of uninvited closure.

no photo
Sun 06/14/15 08:10 AM

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:16 AM

no photo
Sun 05/10/15 05:56 AM

no photo
Sun 05/10/15 05:41 AM
rest like the rest of the red light cadavers
it's sunday at somewhere so something don't matter
formica is ****ing my fingernails raw
but it's really alright
i might not mind at all

I wrote that four years ago when I got bored. I really hated working in a call center. I think I might apply at one again soon though.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 08:46 AM

no photo
Thu 04/16/15 02:06 PM

no photo
Thu 04/16/15 01:05 PM
It's still my assertion that the Black Flag symbol is the most popular band tattoo in existence.

Also, I love Black Flag and be careful dating hipster chicks; they will steal your Black Flag shirts.

no photo
Thu 04/16/15 01:02 PM
Loved it. Dig your third eye and all the interesting things it sees.

no photo
Thu 03/26/15 06:25 PM
Fake my death and bury myself in a 300 pound platinum coffin. With the current price rate of platinum the coffin would be worth roughly 5.5 million dollars if it weighed 300 pounds, which is the high end weight of the average coffin.

no photo
Thu 03/26/15 04:14 PM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Thu 03/26/15 04:14 PM

no photo
Thu 03/26/15 04:13 PM
Ophiuchus.

I can offer you the confusion of the sidereal calendar.

no photo
Thu 03/26/15 04:06 PM

no photo
Thu 03/26/15 03:59 PM
"

What else? I also believe that if someone comes up behind you on the freeway and flashes their lights to get you to move into the slow lane, they deserve whatever punishment you dole out to them. I promptly slow down and drive at the same speed as the car beside me so that I can punish Speed Racer for his impertinence.

Actually, it's not the impertinence I'm punishing him for, it's that he let other people know what he wanted.

Speed Racer, my friend, never ever let people know what you want. Because if you do, you might as well send them engraved invitations saying, "Hi, this is what I want you to prevent me from ever having."

" - Coupland

no photo
Tue 03/17/15 07:54 PM
Spoilers much?!

Actually Ethan Hawke has worked with the directors of this movie before in the film "Daybreakers" and he's a big fan of their ability to create sci-fi worlds that feel fleshed out.

I thought predestination was excellent, and if you get bored and want to read the seven page short story that it was based on ("All You Zombies") then it's available online. Some good lines in there.

I absolutely love this movie and found certain elements of it to be haunting. The line that he has when he states, "I know where I came from, but where do all you zombies come from?" had a significant meaning to me, in terms of the movie and even some of its implications in our everyday lives.

The movie was about the idea of predestination (I know, the title), but also the Oroboros idea of a snake eating its tail, no beginning, no end. There's the idea of the "grandfather paradox" in time travel... such as, if you went back in time and killed yourself you would have never had the chance to go back in time to kill yourself. This has the predestination paradox, in the sense that time is immutable and the time traveler has already traveled to make any and all events occur. So... we're simply watching something that cannot be changed, and while seeming extremely fantastic to us, by the end of this character's tragic journey through a complete physical and spiritual transformation, it becomes a necessary commonplace for Ethan Hawke's character.

And that's what stuck out to me, regarding the zombies line. I think that in a way our main character here is grasping to his sense of any identity, and in such, any humanity left, and at the same time scathing the rest of the non-time traveling population for living their lives sequestered in the same trap of inevitability, only leading lives that never allow them to become self-aware.

Since we're all snakes eating our own tales in this world that would make Ethan Hawke the only person that has felt the process of self-devouring.

So... yeah. Not trying to write a dissertation, but I thought the movie was excellent, and obviously in something as ambitious as this weird story there will be plot holes, even in our suspension of disbelief.

Way better than Boyhood. Haha.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25