no photo
Wed 12/10/14 09:24 PM

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:21 PM
This isn't a cheap-shot at the rules. I'm just throwing out a question -

How does everyone on here feel about the blocking of "swear words" on this site by replacing them with asterisks?

Do you feel it's age-appropriate given that you have to be 18 to be on here? Does it impede your ability to say what you want to as freely, or does the restriction force you to reconsider the language you use?

Give me your feels, folks.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:14 PM

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 06:04 PM
I've been half aware,
Falling down twelve steps, out my depth,
And half the stairs I figured out
by the time I hit a Stop sign weren't even there.
Guess it's half fair,
No half-pinters would dare, I'm none to compare
with chasers if it isn't coming into a tumbler
it's rumbling in my stomach - beware.
Just thought that I'd share,
Pair a couple verses pursed with
open lips that kiss like serrated razors stitches
beyond repair.
Better be fair to yourself
and seek some shelter, before a welt
attached to a beat and scorched with the heat
of a sun from this only son
could scorch the tips off your hair.
I like my mic bloody rare.
Grit my teeth like ugly stare,
hit with a snare, but upside the head,
the vinyl twists and screams
like an assisted suicide forced to slide into the chair.

Yeah, I got bored.

Favorite indie rapper right now is probably Reverie, repping from LA. She just did a track with Murs from what I'm told but I haven't checked it out yet.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 05:28 PM
Knowing men and women in the online dating scene I would say that there does seem to be a big differential when it comes to initiating a conversation... as in men typically do it more.

But... isn't this some kind of Oroboros type thing, like a snake eating its tail? If guys keep sending messages first then... it becomes expected, and the less pressure there is to try then the less incentive there is to succeed.

That really applies to anything. If I hadn't read Bukowski maybe I would have just stuck to whiskey.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 05:23 PM

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 05:17 PM
For sure. I was actually pretty happy it wasn't the ABSOLUTE blood orgy that I was expecting. Also, I dig that they got Michael Chiklis to be the truck driver. I'm pretty sure that he just hangs out on the FX set since The Shield (brilliant show) ended. *smirk* No, but seriously, he's pretty interesting in the newest season of American Horror Story.

I couldn't have honestly imagined a better ending. Ending the cycle (quite literally, if you think about it) of the sins of the father being passed to the son.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 05:14 PM
Gotta love when someone posts a good poem and is never heard from again. Haha. Dig the lines, especially the first stanza.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:15 AM

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:09 AM
(Protected) Sex.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:03 AM

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 08:58 PM
... Knew I should have watched the finale before I went online.

Even though I know it's based on Hamlet so he had to die.

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 05:54 PM
There are multiple intelligences and some of them aren't always very noticeable upon first meeting something.

Don't worry about being called "pretentious". The term is basically used ironically at this point in Millienial culture.

I mean... I went on a date with a girl that worked in abnormal neuroscience but had little to no social intelligence. She preferred working with cadavers.

Attraction, I think, is based on some reciprocity of emotional intelligence as well. Unless you're a sociopath. You're probably not a sociopath.

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 05:01 PM
It's A Wonderful Life
Stand By Me
Donnie Darko

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 11:19 AM
Lie to Me

Keep Tim Roth, drop most of the rest of the cast, and get way better writers.

no photo
Mon 12/01/14 04:49 AM
I'm an emotional voyeur.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 03:59 PM

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 03:53 PM
Primer

no photo
Fri 11/28/14 11:25 AM

Must possess.

no photo