Just being honest.

no photo
Sun 12/14/14 12:03 AM
I railed the pills off train tracks
that led up my veins like legs
on spiders who crawled up the cracks
of pipes despite their eggs.

Send me a sign in a sigh or a whisper.
It's all that I need now to simply forgive her.

The guilty gods and heroines
unfold like motel maids.
Princess tells me repel my sins,
Her castle bathed in braids.

Something or someday or some kind of answer.
The strength of her silence will summon me after.

You paved the roads to a golden coast
where you were still alive,
when all my hopes were lonely ghosts
and all too drunk to drive.

We emptied her ashes back into the bay.
Although it sounds sappy, she's happy this way.

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 11:41 PM
I'd have about eight years left of life given medical technology of the time... so I guess that I'd just ask women whether or not they support slavery until one said she didn't and then I'd ask her about contraceptive technology.

Or just drink and brawl and shoot stuff. Who cares? We're all gonna die young except Clint Eastwood.

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 11:34 PM

What is your opinion about dating someone who has not lost their viriginity yet? Is it a turn off? Or can it make the relationship more special? Also, would you wait to have sex until marriage? Just curious... :smile: whoa tongue2

Well... it depends on the person. I mean... when I was still a virgin I dated virgins... until I wasn't a virgin anymore.

I dated one virgin after that. Though it wasn't a mistake I would never, ever date a virgin again.

It's a turn-off because I know there's no way it's going to end well. I don't want to be anybody's "first". Also, I just like sex and detest marriage too much.

Just from my personal experience... I guess it will leave a long-lasting impression. I remember the girl that I lost my virginity to and that virgin girl remembers me, I'm sure, while other sexual partners fade into obscurity. Special is... relative to time and circumstance.

So... No, I wouldn't. It's not special. It's a turn-off. Corrupting the youth got Socrates killed; and I'm no Socrates.

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 11:24 PM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Sat 12/13/14 11:24 PM
[img*]click on a picture and select "Copy Image Location" then paste that link here[/img*]

Just take out the asterisks and the image will show up.

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 06:14 AM
A tie?

I actually really like ties.

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 06:05 AM
You would probably know more about this than I do... what with myself having very little actual technical knowledge about Tesla automotive, to be honest. I just love Nikola Tesla and what he tried to do for the world, and I think that the future is fast and electric.

Strangely enough though, my other choice would be the opposite of eco-friendly, and it is Medusa from the movie "Bellflower". Yeah, it's real, and it shoots 12 foot flames from the exhausts, has a roll cage, and spurts bleach under the rear tires for drifting.

This is actually a '72 Skylark, not necessarily regarded as a very muscle-bled car, but it's just so goddamn amazing. For 250,000 the makers of the movie will build you a replica from a race-ready car and handle the legal fees so you don't get arrested driving it... and so they don't get arrested dropping it off.

Either that or maybe a '61 Ford Galaxie Starliner. I'm from Detroit, man. Gotta keep it classy.

I nearly bought a stripped version of the non-Starliner in this cosmic blue shade a few years ago, but once again, without a lot of automotive knowledge it would have been a money pit.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 02:04 PM
Topicality. First you have to define what the hell "true love" is to you, and work from there.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 01:03 PM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Fri 12/12/14 01:04 PM
Dream car right now - Tesla Roadster.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 12:05 PM

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 11:28 AM
I would actually advise finding someone new that's way more fun than the last person and doing drugs with them. But... that's just me.

ANOTHER suggestion, and probably healthier than my techniques, is to find a new hobby or something new that creatively challenges you. Henry Miller said something to the effect that 'the best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature', which is groovy if you're a writer. Or become a writer.

Basically just occupy your time with something creative and fun that has absolutely nothing to do with that person, and preferably something new to remind you of your individuality.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 09:13 AM
Also, I hate chihuahuas, but a Cerebus style one is pretty fresh.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 09:11 AM
A decent portion of the threads I start in here I never comment in unless someone says something particularly interesting or benignly idiotic.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 09:07 AM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Fri 12/12/14 09:09 AM
Gotta love a thread about whining and then strangers asserting the possibility of bisexuality or homosexuality in other strangers is treated as absolutely audacious and offensive.

I'm going to go back to doing sit-ups in these progressive times, I suppose.

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 01:51 AM

"Season of smiles and similes small as snowflakes."

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 01:44 AM

no photo
Thu 12/11/14 08:39 AM
So pumped.

Robert Downey Jr. won't be done with these films until the end of Infinity Wars... which means we have over half a decade of him being Iron Man, and then I think maybe we can let that franchise rest for a bit.

Do you know how much Marvel needs him? They actually gave him the goddamn 30 foot tall "A" on the Stark building after he jokingly said he wanted it. I'm not making this up.

Not sure why you didn't like Civil War... especially when that was honestly the first series of comics where I actually cared whatsoever about Cap (Well... I think he's actually Colonel America by then in the comics). He's awesome! He represents an antiquated values system that simply has no place in this universe we've been watching, and I won't spoil the amazing fights that... well, we'll probably never see a lot of them since The Fantastic Four and Spiderman aren't owned by Marvel, but whatev.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that Marvel really only did this because of DC's vague long-term release dates, including some 2020 untitled Batman and Superman originals. (I should add that I love DC too. I dig comics)

What's not to like? Kill them off at the end! It's comics. They've been dead eight times over at this point.

And, come on, to really break down Civil War just look at the basic theme that they ask - should all costumed vigilantes, good or bad, be forced to give up their true identity to the government? This was set in stage when Marvel was being pretty culturally relevant about privacy issues in America and invasions thereof, and who would have thought that the greatest proponents thereof and against would be the two people (Tony Stark and Steve Rogers) who everybody already knows?

So... yeah. Looks good to me.

no photo
Thu 12/11/14 08:29 AM
Give me a smile.
*flash*
Give me decay.
*flash*
Give me existential dread.

*flash*

no photo
Thu 12/11/14 08:26 AM
Tequila.