no photo
Sat 02/07/15 11:22 AM
It's just that all women make these broad generalizations about men.

no photo
Thu 02/05/15 05:37 AM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Thu 02/05/15 05:39 AM
"They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors." - Alan Moore

no photo
Sat 01/31/15 04:30 PM
I used to meditate a lot. Transcendental, Zen, visualization... I gave a 22 page report on it a few years ago.

Usually it's just visualization now. I find writing and skateboarding to be forms of meditation in a sense though.

no photo
Sat 01/31/15 04:24 PM
The majestic horseshoe crab.

no photo
Sat 01/31/15 04:19 PM
If, for whatever reason, gender no longer existed... and we were to sidestep the biological and physiological elements of this (like... hormones), well...

Firstly, there would either be an apocalypse because people couldn't have sex, or, as you posited, there would be some sort of new social order that we, fitting into the current social order, would find maddeningly different from what we are accustomed to.

Realistically, the acquisition of wealth and land and power would become less valuable over time and the population would drop dramatically, all of which feeds into itself.

Expectations determine giant portions of our collective reality, so just as you'd have no idea what to do with a yacht because you never thought you'd be rich enough to have one, in a social order ruled by inherited wealth, people having kids would have no idea how to raise them necessarily, having never planned to do so.

This is actually an interesting hypothetical. There was a really good movie called "Children of Men" that illustrated how Dystopian the world would become if all women started being born infertile - the idea being that within the parameters of a society that understands its ephemeral nature entirely while being resolutely incapable of completing what is considered the 'biological imperative' of continuing the species, humanity would, scientifically speaking, go utterly apesh~t.

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 07:32 PM
Seriously though.

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 07:28 PM

Halfway through Season 2. Season 3 begins in April. I highly suggest giving this thriller/drama a try, with as little information about it going in as possible.

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 07:24 PM
I figure I've been cheated on at some point or another in my life. Not in the relationship I'm in now... because, you know, I'm just so much fun.

As much as it sucks, if you date a lot you've probably been cheated on.

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 11:04 AM
I thought the last two Fantastic Four movies were awful. Like Torgo said... they didn't even have the value of being so terrible that they entertained. The writing was sloppy and lazy, to be kind. Michael Chiklis was absolutely wasted. Chris Evans decided he'd rather have a shield than be able to turn into fire (and I really don't blame him since Disney is killing it).

I'm honestly at a point where I no longer care about the canon in superhero movies anymore. As much as I have these defined images of how my favorite characters are supposed to act... most of them have been around for decades and already have decent iterations and incarnates. Why keep repeating the same damn story?

Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan are talented actors, and I'm excited to see the director of Chronicle directing this piece (and it's also nice because Jordan was in Chronicle and has worked with Teller before).

Ultimately... I'm just not very clingy about it. Maybe it will be lame and miss the mark, and maybe Sony will bring some of the success of Days of Future Past (notice how that is the only movie mentioned in the trailer) over to this one.

Otherwise, maybe they should just sell Fantastic Four to Disney, which is, from what I've heard, what they're considering with Spider-Man.

And can we all stop making fun of The Thing? Dude's a rock monster. He's got it bad enough.

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 10:52 AM

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 10:49 AM
Love you, 2Kids.

Torgo, you rock too. Haha.

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 12:38 AM
If I'm going to the gym I'll hit free weights and machines, depending on what I'm doing that day, along with jogging or running for at least half an hour.

Outside of the gym I climb lots of stuff, which is still probably my favorite thing to do (aside from skateboarding, which is a good leg workout and very decent cardio/endurance).

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 12:09 AM

You're 18 (or 19 or 20...) and you're still a CHILD. Okay, legally/technically you're an adult. But realistically, you still have so much growing up to do. You're not yet the person you will one day blossom into. Serious relationships are for the birds at your age. You don't need to be weighed down by feeling some unnecessary obligation towards another human being. WHY ARE YOU ON A DATING SITE?

You have only just graduated from High School... (go to college). You must still have friends there. Go get a part-time job and do some traveling (no time like the present- it gets harder as you get older).

I'm asking honestly: what is the purpose/situation where someone your age feels like a dating site has anything you may want?

Also, stop messaging me. You're closer to my kid's age than mine. And that's just creepy.

Thank you for the advice mum surprised

Hahaha.

I joined this site when I was 21 and still in college. Originally, the creative writing forum is why I signed up.

As the forums indicate there are actually a variety of topics that have utterly nothing to do with dating, such as my really weird... well, I don't even know what the hell the thread I started back when really is, but there are a lot of pictures of pretty things, and some ugly things, and some pandas.

There has never been a point where my profile has said that I was looking for anything other than friends, even though I've done what could be considered dating people that I've met on here. I'm currently in a relationship, and through all of the relationships that I've been in since 10/18/09, I've been fairly active on the site, despite often having an utter lacking of any "romantic" intentions.

Also... I strike up conversations with random people in real life all the time, and I don't restrict myself because of their gender or age. I love stories. This is how I received intimate details about the strip-search procedures in Eastern Germany after the fall of the Berlin Wall while I was getting smashed on cheap wine at 10 AM outside a Starbucks on some really boring street in Florida.

Strangers can be fun.

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 09:44 PM
Love is an abstract and lazy term. Tell this person what you actually feel.

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 09:42 PM
Shows that haven't been listed yet -

Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Shield
The Wire
The Dick Van Dyke Show
I Love Lucy
Oz
Quantum Leap
Dinosaurs
Law and Order (msharmony mentioned SVU [and Breaking Bad is one of the best ever too])

Batman: The Animated Series
X-Men: The Animated Series
Spawn
Aeon Flux
The Maxx

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 12:45 PM
2Kids! What's up?

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 08:48 AM
Well, hello, basha.

There are a bunch of great movies coming out of Sundance from what I'm hearing. I'm sure that when they get wide releases there might be something you'd enjoy.

And if not... There's Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle next to Velociraptors. Come on! That's just fun.

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 08:42 AM
Hahahahaha! They made Dr. Doom do the bad-guy finger tapping thing! He did it!

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 08:33 AM
The Fantastic Four (2015) trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA

And it actually looks pretty dope, in my opinion.

no photo
Sun 01/25/15 01:17 PM

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25