Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:22 AM
Edited by knoxman on Wed 12/19/07 08:22 AM
I'll repeat something I've said earlier:

Currently, the hottest diva in WWE is Jillian Hallflowerforyou :heart: love smooched blushing :smile: :wink: .

For God's sakes, the poor girl has survived two of the most humiliating gimmicks (Mole Girl, Brooke Hogan spoof) any woman in WWE has had to endure. The fact that she's survived--no, THRIVED--despite this, shows her character. Look beyond the demeaning gimmicks--Jillian is one SMOKING HOT WOMAN!

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:15 AM
Edited by knoxman on Wed 12/19/07 08:16 AM

ok how about Hercules as Assassin #2

OK, how about True Jedidrinker as the winner!

WAY TO GO, SIR! RAY FERNANDEZ, BETTER KNOW AS HERCULES HERNANDEZ!

Let's review:

1. As Assassin #2, he teamed with Assassin #1 (Jody Hamilton) to defeat Rufus R. Jones and Bugsy McGraw in the opening match at the first Starrcade (Nov 24, 1983)

2. Blassie managed Hernandez at the time of Blassie's retirement. Hercules was moved to the stable of Bobby "the Brain" Heenan.

3. Hercules appeared in several Wrestlemanias, most notably WM4, losing to the Ultimate Warrior in Warrior's first Wrestlemania.

4. Arguably, the two most famous tag teams in Georgia wrestling history were the Assassins and Mr Wrestling 1 and 2. As mentioned before, Herc was a member of the Assassins with original Assassin Jody Hamilton in the Mid-Atlantic (Carolinas) area. When Mr. Wrestling 2 (Johnny Walker) turned heel in the Mid-South area, he started calling himself Mr. Wrestling, and Herc went under the hood as the new Mr. Wrestling 2.

5. While he was an Assassin, he was managed be "Number 1" Paul Jones.

6. Hercules Hernandez passed away on March 6,2004.

Congrats again, True Jedi!

reference: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 07:58 AM
For years WWE (then WWF) and WCW wouldn't run in the state of Oregon.

Why?

Simple. Oregon had laws saying that every athlete working in the state must first pass a drug (steroid) test.

WWF, who kinda tested in the mid 90s, and WCW, which was known at the time as "party central" (much like TNA is now), and had NO testing (like TNA as well), wouldn't DARE come to Oregon till the late 90s, when the state recinded the testing laws.

Good Lord. I grew up watching wrestling in the late 60s and 70s. Sure, a few guys were on the juice then, but for the most part, the wrestlers then looked like relatively normal people-and seemed to put on a FAR better show than these guys can today. Two important elements of wrestling have long been forgotten:

1.Ring psychology
2.Knowing how to "work the crowd".

As far as the original post goes, here's my final word on it:

This situation simply proves exactly how serious WWE is about cleaning up their act. Which, apparently, is not at all.

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 07:49 AM
McCain + Lieberman = Two losers who'll never get within sniffing range of the White Houselaugh .

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 07:46 AM
Forge deactivated (too bad, he made excellent posts, even tho I didn't always agree with some of them).

Maybe he's on the campaign trail. They've got my votedrinker .

no photo
Wed 12/19/07 07:44 AM

The sexualization of our youth throughout the '90s and continuing today has gotten way out of control.

Sorry, StarSailor, but the "sexualization" of our youth has been going on LONG before the 90s.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 12:09 PM
Sorry, Sportsnut, but not Slater. He's still alive. I know he did a short WWF stint as "Rebel" D*** Slater, but I don't think he was ever in a Wrestlemania.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:15 AM
It seems every comic-book fan over 40 whines about how "comic books were so much better then than now".

Well, I'm 45 and have been reading comics since the late 60s, basically ever since I first learned how to read.

And I'm here to proudly say that I think we're truly in another "Golden Age" of comics. There's more out there now than ever--anyone who doesn't think so simply isn't looking.

There are comics being done today by Marvel, DC, and indys that are better than anything that's been done before. Hey, I've got a soft spot for things done all through the ages of comics. But, why compare comics from different eras? Just enjoy them all for what they are--damn entertaining!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:04 AM
Hey, Chief, I never said YOU thought that life was like a "chick flick". i've read too many of your posts to ever even THINK of accusing you of THAT! Sorry if you took it that way. My point I was trying to make is that too many people out there--male AND female--seem to think that.

BTW, Chief, thanks for sharing those "aces up your sleeve" with us. I might not necessarily agree with all of them, but they're all interesting to read and think about. Keep posting!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:02 AM
Hey, Turtle, or anyone else interested:

Go into "Wrestling Trivia" in the Sports section. I've just posted a killer wrestling trivia question.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:54 AM
I think all different hair styles are great, but if asked, I actually perfer shorter hair on a woman. Why? Well, in my opinion, the shorter hair a woman has, the more I focus on her face. And believe me, there are some stunning short haired women out there.

True story to back up my theory:

I was at a JC Penny's a few years ago. The high-school senior working the counter was female--and bald. In our conversation, she told me that she did it for a class report on how hair loss affects female cancer victims. First-hand study, I guess. But it did cause me to notice her facial features more closely--allowing me to notice what a beautiful face she had.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:46 AM

Who here peeks your interest more than anyone eltes(reguardless weather you've had contact or not)?????????????

My answer is JazzieJoHannaflowerforyou

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:43 AM

I've said this before, and it bears repeating:

Guys, when a woman tells you they "just want to be friends", pack it in. That's all it will EVER be! This statement is 99.99999999999999999999999999999% correct. Move on, there is NO CHANCE HERE!

Of course, there's always that .00000000000000000000000000001% chance she'll decide she wants to be more than "just friends". Are you willing to play astronomical odds? You'd have a better shot at winning two consecutive Powerball drawings.

laugh

good luck living life restricting yourself by the prison of limiting beliefs

there are effective ways to turn the just friends into more than friends but it just aint worth the effort... you ARE better off starting anew with someone else, but the whole .0000...00001% kinda mindset is very self-defeating.

It's not just a "belief" here, Chief. Life isn't like those sappy Hallmark Channel "romantic sitcom movies". And I never said anything about being friends first. Every great relationship starts out as friends. I'm talking about when the intended tells you "Let's JUST be friends". There's a difference here, and it seems most of the posters are confusing the two.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:25 AM
KNOX HAS RETURNED WITH A NEW WRESTLING TRIVIA CHALLENGE

And it ain't gonna be easy, I promise. I spent the better part of the week in the dungeon (not Stu Hart's dungeon) to come up with this one, so, without further ado:

NAME THIS WRESTLER:

1.He was in the very first match at the very first Starrcade.

2.He was the very last wrestler managed by Freddie Blassie.

3.He has appeared in several Wrestlemanias.

4.He was at one time a member of two of the most famous tag teams in Georgia wrestling history(though never in Georgia).

5.At one time, he was managed by Paul Jones.

6.He's now deceased.

I'LL GIVE THE ANSWER ON WEDNESDAY IF NO ONE'S GOTTEN IT BY THEN.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:15 AM
Rapunzelflowerforyou is a wonderful woman who brightens everyone's day here at JSH--including mine:heart: :smile:

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:10 AM
I've said this before, and it bears repeating:

Guys, when a woman tells you they "just want to be friends", pack it in. That's all it will EVER be! This statement is 99.99999999999999999999999999999% correct. Move on, there is NO CHANCE HERE!

Of course, there's always that .00000000000000000000000000001% chance she'll decide she wants to be more than "just friends". Are you willing to play astronomical odds? You'd have a better shot at winning two consecutive Powerball drawings.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:03 AM
Edited by knoxman on Mon 12/17/07 09:03 AM
Interesting thread and theory(I'm all for it), but instead of trying to get people to "buy American" (bye-bye Wally Worldlaugh ), wouldn't a better solution be to get corporations to stay in the good ole U.S. of A. and manufacture parts HERE?

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:55 AM
Edited by knoxman on Mon 12/17/07 08:56 AM
Probably half of the idiots in Hollywood, but if pressed, I'd say Bruce Willis. In my opinion, he's the worst actor in Hollywood. I've talked to a few people who's worked on sets of his movies, and he's generally regarded as the biggest asshole in town. Sounds like the boy needs a good ole four in the morning ass-beating.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:47 AM
Edited by knoxman on Mon 12/17/07 08:47 AM
Jesse Ventura's probably the most thin-skinned politician in history. He's known for backing down from his statements as soon as one person takes him to task over it.

Two examples:

1. Jesse spoke out against organized religion, calling it "a sham, just a tool for the weak-willed to be led around easily".
He almost immediately backed away when confronted about this.

2. In response to pay raises for teachers in Minnesota, Jesse said that "they're actually overpaid, considering they only work 9 months a year". He almost immediately backed away when confronted about this.

He simply can't take the political heat. As for me, I agreed with his organized religion statement, disagreed with his teacher statement.

no photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:40 AM

Ok heres a news item "monkeys attack NYC"

CNN would say "moneys attack NYC because of global warming!"
Fox would say "terrorists attack NYC!"
and MSNBC wouldn't even run it lol.

MSNBC WOULD run it, Cloudydrinker .

BUT, considering MSNBC's average ratings, it'd be pretty much akin to the ole tree falling in the forest axiomlaugh .

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25