Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 06:29 PM

understood, two major expenses would be the rent, (24000 for a 2000/mo space) and wages ( 62.5 thousand for three employees at 10 per hour full time), would make for expenses of 88000 out of that 500000 remaining expenses could be twice as much as the two MAJOR expenses ad still leave nearly 250000 in profit from sales,,,

You are not grasping the concept. I sell a product for $10,000. I sell 5 products a year. My profit on each of the products is $1000 as costs were $9000 to procure them. I still did 500k in sales volume though I only earned 5k profit.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 05:02 PM

sales,, in SALES,,,,

yes its volume of sales. Before expenses.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 05:02 PM

what is 'earning'?

is a housewife 'earning' the roof on her head and the food in her belly?

is a ceo 'earning' his six figure salary?

is a teacher 'earning' her five figure salary?

what determines why one should 'earn' more than the other and who determines , after they all WORK to earn something, which work should 'entitle' them to have the shelter , food , and 'luxury' items they are all trying to 'work for' but not all of them apparently have 'earned'?

n/m, no need to answer, I know we don't want people to be slaves, just accept their 'earnings' like they are,,,,

Housewife? That is up to the husband if she is earning it as he is supporting her.

The CEO, that is up to the shareholders who he represents. If they don't think so he is usually replaced.

The teacher, that is up to the school board who pays them.

You see it is the payer who determines if the payee is worth the check.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 04:56 PM

I don't think a dollar amount minimum wage should be enforced, but I do agree with a sliding scale percentage from the top employee to the very bottom level employee at the same location

Back in the 50's minimum wage was 0.75/hr and just fyi, if were were to compare the cost of living today with the cost of living in the 50's and have the same minimum wage equivalent that would mean the minimum wager would have to be somewhere between 20-25/hr but that isn't the solution in my opinion

The CEO's used to make between 50-100% more than their bottom level workers....now some of them make 1000's of times more than their bottom level workers.

There was a documentary on this guy who was delivering pizza's he worked their for 5 years, and during that time his wage went from 10 to 12/hr a whopping 20% increase... However, the business owners wage went up by 500%, and currently the cultural is "well they put it back into the business raising peoples wages" well that would be true...if the business's(and money) stayed in the U.S. but instead we have corporations shipping their money elsewhere where it can't be touched, much less re-invested in their company.

If they wanted to make a rule for example where the top paid employee couldn't make more than 200%(or whatever other reasonable percentage is chosen as a cap) than the lowest level employee I'd be fine with that.

If the top guy wanted more money, he'd have to raise the wages of those beneath him to achieve that.

yep,that's been tried in a far away land,with disastrous results!

and,Good Luck finding Investors for that kind of setup!

http://www.futureofcapitalism.com/2014/05/mcdonald-installs-7000-robot-cashiers

McDonald's in Europe is installing 7,000 kiosks that will allow customers to place their own orders without the assistance of a human cashier,

http://www.futureofcapitalism.com/2014/05/restaurant-self-order-kiosks

http://mises.org/daily/6638/Welfare-Minimum-Wages-and-Unemployment

as an aside,we are voting whether to install a Minimum-Wage here in Switzerland or not this very weekend!bigsmile

yep,that's right!

There is NO minimumwage here,and there still might not be!laugh

But don't you also have free college for your citizens? I don't think we'd need a minimum wage here either if we didn't have to pay insane tuition costs in order to get a degree either...
Free?
Not for College or University!
Problem is,that many people really have no use for a College-or University-Degree,and it's simply a matter of prestige,and an expensive one at that!

Correct me if I am wrong, but what your country does is that it teaches skills for work in high school instead of strictly academia. This way people are prepared for skilled labor when they graduate.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 04:51 PM

The Act applies to enterprises with employees who engage in interstate commerce, produce goods for interstate commerce, or handle, sell, or work on goods or materials that have been moved in or produced for interstate commerce. For most firms, a test of not less than $500,000 in annual dollar volume of business applies (i.e., the Act does not cover enterprises with less than this amount of business).

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/minwage.htm

Now little business do you think mom and pop stores do? If you are opened 300 days of the year (1 day closed plus holidays) and do only $200 in volume a day (very low) how much volume is your business doing? The govermnet classifies a small business as anything making less than $7 million. So yea minimum wage might not hurt someone with no employees running a shop in their house, but if they have enough volume to pay rent for a store and workers they are most likely pushing over 500k volume.

sigh,,,,

first, for government purposes, a small business is determined by the type of business, different types have different standards based upon either number of employers or revenue,, no BLANKET amount for all small business,,,

and

second a 'small business' is not the same as a 'mom and pop' business
depending upon industry a 'small business' can be netting millions

when I consider a 'mom and pop' store, I am thinking of the little consignment clothing store that ON A GOOD DAY makes 500 dollars in sale but most days is happy to pull in 200

all mom and pops are small business but not all small business is a mom and pop

as to your concern with rent and minimum wage.....

you can rent a space for as low as 500 per month for business space

at 200 per day that would STILL only be 60000 per year in sales

half a mill would be more like nearly 2000 a day in sales

I Have friends who own their own store, that would be a good/busy day for them,, and business has slow and busy days, not all or even most are gonna net a lot of sales EVERYDAY,,,,,especially considering what hours they stay open,,,,,

so IF I rented a space for 1400 a month and did have to pay 3 employees say 10 per hour to work 8 hours that's 240 per day or 72000 per year, plus the rent would be a total of 89000 per year out of that required 500000 in sales

still leaving over 400000

Except for the fact that it isn't profit that is the classification criteria. From the department of labor site you posted it said 500k volume not income.

Chazster's photo
Mon 05/19/14 05:55 AM

The Act applies to enterprises with employees who engage in interstate commerce, produce goods for interstate commerce, or handle, sell, or work on goods or materials that have been moved in or produced for interstate commerce. For most firms, a test of not less than $500,000 in annual dollar volume of business applies (i.e., the Act does not cover enterprises with less than this amount of business).

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/minwage.htm

Now little business do you think mom and pop stores do? If you are opened 300 days of the year (1 day closed plus holidays) and do only $200 in volume a day (very low) how much volume is your business doing? The govermnet classifies a small business as anything making less than $7 million. So yea minimum wage might not hurt someone with no employees running a shop in their house, but if they have enough volume to pay rent for a store and workers they are most likely pushing over 500k volume.

Chazster's photo
Sun 05/18/14 04:07 PM

Not all jobs were created to be a career. Any job that is no skill not worth the pay increase will (if there was one) would soon find the workers replaced with machines. It is the individuals responsibility to strive for success, to increase their skills set, and to pursue a career/wealth. I am not opposed to assistance in the pursuit of these goals. However I don't agree with raising wage for menial work so people never have to try to improve their situation.

Maybe its not a matter of whether a person can better themselves as

opposed to maybe its just what they can find at the time..or a high

school student or a widow who just lost her husband and was a

housewife all her life and the situations can go on and on..beyond

the reasoning of whether a person is willing to better themselves.So

they should have to work for slave wages because that's all there is

or that's all they can find in the mean time until they can find the

opportunity to make a better wage..and these wages coming from major

corporations who wouldn't have prospered and grown into what they

are today..

if it weren't for the efforts of these so called "menial workers"

A high school student doesn't really need to make more than current minimum wage. I worked in high school and college and made minimum wage. I like how my mention big corporations. What about mom and pop shops? I guess we can just squish those guys even more since they don't have the assets to compete already much less if we increase their labor costs. Also you want to give some examples of companies and minimum wage workers? Oh and fast food doesn't work since those are franchised and corporations don't pay wages to store workers the franchise owners do.

Chazster's photo
Sun 05/18/14 03:58 PM

a cell phone is a means of staying connected as is the internet and computer,,, the computer being a ONE TIME purchase, usually made for the purpose of having the service of internet,,,,

also, the dollar one spends on a candy bar or even the 10 dollars was hardly going to change their poverty status

its really interesting to me this idea in the west that poor people must somehow not have ANYTHING for themselves if they haven't met all their basic needs first

I remember a business class that taught us you have to 'dress the part' you wish to attain

so why do poor people have to 'dress the part' of the pitiful and out of touch if they are trying to elevate their 'part'?

Its interesting to me that people in the west feel so entitled that they think they should get luxury items when they haven't met their basic needs first.

its interesting to me that people in the west look down on the impoverished so much that they wish for them to have nothing BUT Basics and don't understand basics are an ONGOING need that even those without poverty aren't always meeting

'luxury' items (like a 20 dollar cell phone, or 300 dollar computer) are usually one time purchases whose price would do little to meet the ONGOING Basic expenses,,,

its as if 'poverty' to people means a stagnant constant that DEFINES a persons whole existence ,,,,

Sorry but cable, internet, and cell plans are not 1 time purchases. I have also seen plenty of smart phones in the hands of people using food stamp cards as well, so let's not play that game. I am not saying poor people can't buy stuff for themselves. I am saying they shouldn't if they are getting assistance from tax payers. If you can't pay for your food yourself you have no business paying for cable. Hell my wife and I make 6 figures and we don't pay for cable.

Chazster's photo
Sun 05/18/14 08:12 AM

In America there should be no wage so low that if one was to work a

40 hour week that their take home pay would still be considered

below poverty. Of course you can subsidize with food stamps

Medicaid and subsidized housing..and that puts it right where

large corporations and their over paid CEOs want it right on the

backs of the taxpayers..ASC

Not all jobs were created to be a career. Any job that is no skill not worth the pay increase will (if there was one) would soon find the workers replaced with machines. It is the individuals responsibility to strive for success, to increase their skills set, and to pursue a career/wealth. I am not opposed to assistance in the pursuit of these goals. However I don't agree with raising wage for menial work so people never have to try to improve their situation.

Chazster's photo
Sun 05/18/14 06:50 AM

a cell phone is a means of staying connected as is the internet and computer,,, the computer being a ONE TIME purchase, usually made for the purpose of having the service of internet,,,,

also, the dollar one spends on a candy bar or even the 10 dollars was hardly going to change their poverty status

its really interesting to me this idea in the west that poor people must somehow not have ANYTHING for themselves if they haven't met all their basic needs first

I remember a business class that taught us you have to 'dress the part' you wish to attain

so why do poor people have to 'dress the part' of the pitiful and out of touch if they are trying to elevate their 'part'?

Its interesting to me that people in the west feel so entitled that they think they should get luxury items when they haven't met their basic needs first.

Chazster's photo
Sat 05/17/14 04:53 PM

How did the human race survive this long without a history of entitlement programs I wonder. The majority of humans history people made it on their own. If they didnt there wouldnt be 7 billion of us.

Actually, the size of the Human population has something to do with the deterioration of the quality of life.

If I am not mistaken, after the Black Death greatly reduced the Human population of Europe, the surviving commoners (as opposed to the surviving aristocrats) were able to thrive better than before because there were far fewer people competing for food and other natural resources.

In the USA, poverty is made worse by the fact that much agricultural land has been turned into concrete jungles. Way too many people either don't have their own land to live off of, or they don't know how to live off the land.

Yet how many of those people in poverty have cell phones, computers, cable, internet, etc. How much junk food do they buy? Anyone who has ever worked at a grocery store knows what I mean.

Chazster's photo
Fri 05/16/14 08:04 PM
How much of these other countries healthcares do you really know about and how much it costs and how much service you get? Please enlighten us.

Chazster's photo
Fri 05/16/14 07:56 PM
How did the human race survive this long without a history of entitlement programs I wonder. The majority of humans history people made it on their own. If they didnt there wouldnt be 7 billion of us.

Chazster's photo
Fri 05/16/14 05:09 PM

There was a time in American history when people were willing and able to pack their belongings and move to wherever the jobs were.

Nowadays, unemployed Americans - as a rule - expect to obtain employment without having to relocate.

I really don't think its that simplistic

people weren't nearly as likely to be living only paycheck to paycheck as they are now, and employers had more allegiance to their employees in term of family assistance programs and resources

'picking up and moving' requires breaking a lease or mortgage, it requires first and last rent for the new place, it requires the gas or airfare or whatever to make the transportation, the money to keep up ongoing auto insurance or family groceries,, etc

doing all that for a job that may last a day or a year, is not nearly as feasible as it was for jobs that had more security once upon a time,,,
Alas, more liberal excuses for remaining in the slave zone.

Yea it is pretty much that simplistic. I didn't have a job so I got one in moved. I ended up not liking that job so I found a new one and moved. Then I ended up getting married but there were no jobs for my wife so I suggested she look in Dallas where I knew there were jobs for both of us. She found one and moved. I found one a few months later and moved.

and neither of you would be on the 'welfare' stigma because your time and efforts are TOTALLY Free and not tied to anyone elses needs,, LILKE CHILDREN

yeah, childless adults should be able to rent a room for just themselves and work two separate jobs, if they are able,,,

but those with children don't have the same 'freedom' to only think of what they need and achieve it on their own schedule and terms

Because children cant move? Really now. Funny how I was born in one state and after 4 years old I was in a different state. Must have been sorcery.

Chazster's photo
Thu 05/15/14 08:57 PM

There was a time in American history when people were willing and able to pack their belongings and move to wherever the jobs were.

Nowadays, unemployed Americans - as a rule - expect to obtain employment without having to relocate.

I really don't think its that simplistic

people weren't nearly as likely to be living only paycheck to paycheck as they are now, and employers had more allegiance to their employees in term of family assistance programs and resources

'picking up and moving' requires breaking a lease or mortgage, it requires first and last rent for the new place, it requires the gas or airfare or whatever to make the transportation, the money to keep up ongoing auto insurance or family groceries,, etc

doing all that for a job that may last a day or a year, is not nearly as feasible as it was for jobs that had more security once upon a time,,,
Alas, more liberal excuses for remaining in the slave zone.

Yea it is pretty much that simplistic. I didn't have a job so I got one in moved. I ended up not liking that job so I found a new one and moved. Then I ended up getting married but there were no jobs for my wife so I suggested she look in Dallas where I knew there were jobs for both of us. She found one and moved. I found one a few months later and moved.

Chazster's photo
Wed 05/14/14 04:32 PM

I use PeopleNet.

Every heard of Geoforce?

Chazster's photo
Wed 05/14/14 10:17 AM

A lot of people go to college that really shouldn't. Here in Texas you can make 70 thousand annually driving a truck.

And probably 60 thousand with a college degree.

How many hours for driving that truck? Not a bad gig for a single guy who doesn't mind being on the road.

I manage a fleet of 120 trucks and 168 drivers. Many of my drivers hold degrees. I myself, do not have achaz degree!
Chaz, get a class A cdl with an X endorsement and pick your job. My guys are home every night and work 12-16 hour days.

Oh I wasn't talking about me lol. I have an Engineering degree/job. I make good money. I was just curious. But one thing my company does is fleet management. If you do GPS tracking of your trucks you might have heard of us. You might even be our customer lol.

Chazster's photo
Wed 05/14/14 05:46 AM

A lot of people go to college that really shouldn't. Here in Texas you can make 70 thousand annually driving a truck.

And probably 60 thousand with a college degree.

How many hours for driving that truck? Not a bad gig for a single guy who doesn't mind being on the road.

Chazster's photo
Tue 05/13/14 09:35 AM
The fact that you claim they became white when entering America shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Many non British people were treated poorly. My grandparents were beat at school if caught speaking a language other than English.

Chazster's photo
Tue 05/13/14 09:29 AM
Actually I am quite the world traveler compared to most. Grew up in Louisiana, first job in upstate NY, second in Japan, next two I'm different parts of CO, now I am in Texas. I have also traveled to different countries but I omly listed where I have lived.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25