Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Thu 08/28/14 05:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/u-ease-deportations-mexico-under-settlement-011506386.html

Saw this article this morning and it just rubs me the wrong way. Being married to a non citizen and doing legal immigration ourselves 1.5 years ago makes it kind of personal. What is everyone else's feelings on the subject? I think this is going to be a big issue over the next 2 years.

Chazster's photo
Mon 08/18/14 10:08 AM

I would propose an amendment(s) that:

Restricts congressional pay to the median salary of american workers.

Takes away congressional pensions and places congress members on social security.

Removes any congressional heath plan and places congress members on our national health plan.

Limits campaign funds spent on campaigning.

Makes it a requirement that in order to serve in congress, you must remove your money from the stock market.

Also, I would like to see a federal law that would grandfather property taxes, so rates cannot be raised after you purchase property forcing you out of your home/land.

I would also like to see some serious work done on agriculture. Mainly restrictions on genetic engineering, and things of that nature.

I would agree with all accept forcing them to remove money from the stock market.

Chazster's photo
Mon 08/11/14 04:19 PM
I will never understand the rich famous people committing suicide.

Chazster's photo
Mon 08/11/14 05:36 AM

I wouldn't leave my infant with anyone trying to get a high, with drugs or alcohol, no.

But an absentminded person doesn't become any less absentminded with drugs or alcohol in their system, so I just wouldn't leave a child with someone known to be absentminded.

The real question is can a non absentminded person become absentminded with drugs in their system? I know they can with alcohol.

Chazster's photo
Mon 08/04/14 04:16 PM

what a conundrum,,,,focusing on negativity makes one happier?

Focusing on the negative can lead one to avoiding that which is harmful. Less harm can result in more happiness.

but how can one avoid what is harmful if one is always' focused' on what is negative,,,,?

physical safety alone isn't what leads to happiness ,,,,,

I think focusing on what might be harmful can leave one SAFER, but I don't agree that safer translates into happier

plenty of people suffering from depression are shut ins whoa are pretty safe from actual physical harm, but depressed about all that is wrong none the less,,,,

It is like learning the side-effects of a medication before deciding whether or not to use it. Sometimes the side-effects are potentially worse than the problem that the medicine is supposed to solve.

It is also like shopping for a home. If the negatives of a place are too much of a headache to deal with, then it would be a mistake for the shopper to buy it despite any of the positives.

Focusing on the negatives can prevent buyer's remorse.

I think you are equating 'focusing' with 'aknowledging',,,,which are different things,,,

Across research methods, samples and countries, conservatives have been found to be quicker to focus on the negative, to spend longer looking at the negative, and to be more distracted by the negative

And you are equating focusing on the negative with pessimism.

What they are describing is more like this. You buy a new BMW. The positive is that you get to drive a new BMW, show it off, have a luxurious car. The negative being the down payment and the monthly bill. Those he are more quickly to think about the negative of a given situation tend to avoid negative situations and thus be happier.

Chazster's photo
Wed 07/30/14 04:40 PM

-be given the freedom to breed superhumans? Every once in a while a genius is born, they happen by chance and are rare. But what if we deliberately set out to create an entire race of them? Humanity has its limitations, but superhumans would be able to do things that we can't and therefore speed up discoveries and new inventions etc.

They shouldn't need to breed them. I believe the theory with nanotech is that we can just make normal people superhuman.

Chazster's photo
Wed 07/30/14 04:38 PM
Surprised not more people saying it is up to the girl. If it is something they want and are doing it for themselves then I see no problem with it.

Chazster's photo
Wed 07/30/14 04:35 PM

Torchlight 2

I had a great time with that game last year. Focus Engineer is OP.

As for me currently I am playing...
The Witcher 2
The Last of Us Remastered.

Chazster's photo
Mon 07/28/14 06:12 PM

Health care in Japan is free ...

Uh, no, it isn't. It is paid for one way or another.

I lived in Japan and its not free. If you work full time you pay half and your employer pays half. The fee is based off your salary. At the equivalent of 36k expect to pay at least 200/month. Then you pay 30% copay on everything. If your meds retail for $600/month then you will pay $180. Facilities are much worse too. Expect people to be right outside the sliding door and can hear every word you tell your doctor.

Chazster's photo
Fri 07/25/14 04:53 PM
racism- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

That is what is going on. You are claiming white people have more advantages and thus aren't allowed certain privileges because of their race. You can't support equality and separatism at the same time. If you are for equality then you should either support that any race can form separatist groups or none can.

Chazster's photo
Fri 07/25/14 05:27 AM

there is just a lot of innocent ignorance here, because people are speaking of things they 'assume' and haven't experienced

in fact, BET, nor NAACP are exclusive to Blacks

because it refers to race in the title, doesn't mean it is exclusive to that race, just tells that race they can go there to see and hear people who are having a similar experience, or interests, etc,,

if whites took time to watch BET, they would see just about as many whites, as blacks see when they turn to nbc, cbs, or abc,, so they DO still have both,, just like blacks do,,,

which is the reason a 'WET' would be offensive, because all tv UNTIL bet was already WET , just without the obvious reference in the name,,,,

I agree with most of what you are saying. But now they are all inclusive, why can't whites have WET, but include blacks? Why, if we are treating all races the same, would it be so much more offensive?

why do whites NEED a 'wet'? to rub in their place as the majority and their dominance in mainstream media?

So you wouldn't be offended of a white hip hop radio station WHH since whites are under represented in that area?

as an artist, I would, because radio stations are about music and not race, I don't know of a music station which is identified by 'race' , but by genre

like urban radio, or hip hop radio, or country radio,,,and they include all races of people who play those genres

I think music is lessoned by labeling it with race,,,but that's just me

How is it different than BET? It is labeled by race yet I say tv is about shows not race. Thus you must be against BET.

it is different, because it is in reference to MUSIC

music is not a visual , its an auditory,, so the race of who is doing it matters not, just the genre

the genre includes anyone of any race who does it,, so a radio station has no need to specify what race, as listeners, I would presume are LISTENING for certain genres

TV is a visual MEDIUM, so it is very much about what people are SEEING, which includes race and gender, and lifestyle, and any number of other things

so, on TV, for groups that are not the mainstream groups,, ie,, heterosexual, white, male etc,,,

they may be able to use station names as a way to recognize where they can go to see groups who are LIKE them in culture , race, experiences, lifestyle

so there can be a lesbian and gay station(and there is), because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an ample amount of gay and lesbian story lines or characters on MAINSTREAM channels

so there can be a womens network, because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses womens issues and concerns on MAINSTREAM channels

so there can be a Hispanic network, because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses Hispanic speaking characters, issues, or concerns

so there can be a food network, because there isn't necessarily going to be an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses food, food preparation,e tc,,, on MAINSTREAM TV

so there can be a fishing network, because there isn't going to be an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses fishing on MAINSTREAM TV

so there can be a BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TV< because there isn't going to be an AMPLE amount of programming with Black characters, isssues and concerns on MAINSTREAM TV

a white entertainment television, doesn't fall in this category because there is and always has been as a standard AMPLE programming with white characters, issues, and concerns on MAINSTREAM TV

understanding yet?

The fact that it is auditory does not diminish the fact that white people are under represented or that it would be in no way different. There are different subcultures and thus lyrically it can be different. They sound is also different.

and black people are 'underrepresented' in country, yet there isn't and shouldn't be a 'black country' station,, country is just country, whomever is doing it

same is true of every genre of music

disagree and disagree. Your whole argument is about feeling under represented. Not about whether or not things feel the same or not. The fact is you feel white is the only racial group that is not deserving of this kind of treatment because of the view of the race as a whole.

Chazster's photo
Thu 07/24/14 06:11 PM
oral

Chazster's photo
Thu 07/24/14 04:38 PM

there is just a lot of innocent ignorance here, because people are speaking of things they 'assume' and haven't experienced

because it refers to race in the title, doesn't mean it is exclusive to that race, just tells that race they can go there to see and hear people who are having a similar experience, or interests, etc,,

if whites took time to watch BET, they would see just about as many whites, as blacks see when they turn to nbc, cbs, or abc,, so they DO still have both,, just like blacks do,,,

which is the reason a 'WET' would be offensive, because all tv UNTIL bet was already WET , just without the obvious reference in the name,,,,

I agree with most of what you are saying. But now they are all inclusive, why can't whites have WET, but include blacks? Why, if we are treating all races the same, would it be so much more offensive?

why do whites NEED a 'wet'? to rub in their place as the majority and their dominance in mainstream media?

So you wouldn't be offended of a white hip hop radio station WHH since whites are under represented in that area?

as an artist, I would, because radio stations are about music and not race, I don't know of a music station which is identified by 'race' , but by genre

like urban radio, or hip hop radio, or country radio,,,and they include all races of people who play those genres

How is it different than BET? It is labeled by race yet I say tv is about shows not race. Thus you must be against BET.

it is different, because it is in reference to MUSIC

music is not a visual , its an auditory,, so the race of who is doing it matters not, just the genre

the genre includes anyone of any race who does it,, so a radio station has no need to specify what race, as listeners, I would presume are LISTENING for certain genres

TV is a visual MEDIUM, so it is very much about what people are SEEING, which includes race and gender, and lifestyle, and any number of other things

so, on TV, for groups that are not the mainstream groups,, ie,, heterosexual, white, male etc,,,

they may be able to use station names as a way to recognize where they can go to see groups who are LIKE them in culture , race, experiences, lifestyle

so there can be a lesbian and gay station(and there is), because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an ample amount of gay and lesbian story lines or characters on MAINSTREAM channels

so there can be a womens network, because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses womens issues and concerns on MAINSTREAM channels

so there can be a Hispanic network, because they aren't necessarily going to be able to have an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses Hispanic speaking characters, issues, or concerns

so there can be a food network, because there isn't necessarily going to be an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses food, food preparation,e tc,,, on MAINSTREAM TV

so there can be a fishing network, because there isn't going to be an AMPLE amount of programming that addresses fishing on MAINSTREAM TV

so there can be a BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TV< because there isn't going to be an AMPLE amount of programming with Black characters, isssues and concerns on MAINSTREAM TV

a white entertainment television, doesn't fall in this category because there is and always has been as a standard AMPLE programming with white characters, issues, and concerns on MAINSTREAM TV

understanding yet?

The fact that it is auditory does not diminish the fact that white people are under represented or that it would be in no way different. There are different subcultures and thus lyrically it can be different. They sound is also different.

Chazster's photo
Thu 07/24/14 04:28 PM
Edited by Chazster on Thu 07/24/14 04:26 PM
f: X -> Y and the inverse relation is f^-1: Y -> X

There. Now you found a relation.

Chazster's photo
Thu 07/24/14 04:15 PM

Chazster's photo
Thu 07/24/14 04:08 PM

Chazster's photo
Tue 07/22/14 09:23 PM

you are confused

by definition, a MAJORITY is rarely discriminated against, unless its a system of apartheid

and discrimination against the MINORITY is exactly what I DONT think is justified

saying racism is racism is like saying violence is violence

cliche and on the surface true

but where someone who murders gets executed, someone who kills in self defense is not

similarly, if I am not welcomed or included in a certain institution because of my race, that is different than if AFTER REALIZING that IM unwelcome, I gather others in my situation and form my own,,,

like I stated before, it says volumes that the people who usually dont get it are the same ones that talk out of both sides of their mouths

as in,, its somehow negative to demand representation
but its also somehow negative to represent oneself,,,

Incorrect, majority has nothing to do with discrimination. I can prove it with the rich as an example. While they are the minority they are not discriminated against. The majority can be can be discriminated against by the minority. In fact, in countries like ours where people are so PC the minorities can be treated better than the majority. Scholarships for only minorities are fine but try to make a white only scholarship and be slammed as racist. Give a job or acceptance letter to college for someone less qualified because their "race" is under represented. That is racism. It may be positive racism to the minority but it is negative to the majority.

in this country, it is the white race, demographically, who have amassed throughout history the most WEALTH and POWER, so they cant be DISCRIMINATED Against, IN THIS COUNTRY, as a group.

Wow so much racism I am speechless. You can't be discriminated against because you are the majority. So if you are in a bad area and are killed because you are white that isn't racism. If you are ever treated negatively because you are white that isn't racism? Basically you are saying that people can do anything against white people in this country just because of their race and the fact that they are the majority makes it not racist. Wow... just wow. I can't believe people are brought up with so much hate.

Chazster's photo
Tue 07/22/14 09:01 PM

this is still active?

laugh Terrible twos...

This seems to be the idiots section, all these young guys with testosterone coming out of their ears
this must be the perv dept i herd of,,frustrated

I dont think its pervy to want a cougar. Though people asking if it is possible means they haven't done it.

Chazster's photo
Tue 07/22/14 08:52 PM

you are confused

by definition, a MAJORITY is rarely discriminated against, unless its a system of apartheid

and discrimination against the MINORITY is exactly what I DONT think is justified

saying racism is racism is like saying violence is violence

cliche and on the surface true

but where someone who murders gets executed, someone who kills in self defense is not

similarly, if I am not welcomed or included in a certain institution because of my race, that is different than if AFTER REALIZING that IM unwelcome, I gather others in my situation and form my own,,,

like I stated before, it says volumes that the people who usually dont get it are the same ones that talk out of both sides of their mouths

as in,, its somehow negative to demand representation
but its also somehow negative to represent oneself,,,

Incorrect, majority has nothing to do with discrimination. I can prove it with the rich as an example. While they are the minority they are not discriminated against. The majority can be can be discriminated against by the minority. In fact, in countries like ours where people are so PC the minorities can be treated better than the majority. Scholarships for only minorities are fine but try to make a white only scholarship and be slammed as racist. Give a job or acceptance letter to college for someone less qualified because their "race" is under represented. That is racism. It may be positive racism to the minority but it is negative to the majority.

Chazster's photo
Tue 07/22/14 08:42 PM
Obviously he wants to know how to inform them that their late ancestor left them a small fortune and they just need their bank information. Help the guy out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25