no photo
Tue 02/01/11 01:51 PM
Sorry, guess I 'broke' the topic...

no photo
Tue 02/01/11 01:48 PM
Sharing some pics....

no photo
Tue 02/01/11 08:31 AM

Broke a friggen frozen hinge on my door trying to open it to see what it is like outside.....Jeezuz!

It's official....I am snowed in...bout to break out the vodka and make the least of my day off!

:)

Hahahah got ya beat hell I put Kahlua in my coffee this morning to get me warmed up may go to White Russian soon to really warm up drinker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sad2 I gotta settle for coffee and hot chocolate. Can't drink alcohol 'cause of my blood pressure meds.

Ya'll have one for me!!drinks

no photo
Tue 02/01/11 08:03 AM
Edited by lilbug on Tue 02/01/11 08:04 AM
It's officially blizzard conditions here today. Got into full swing about 4 this morning. White-out conditions. Snow is blowing sideways. Can't even see my neighbor's house. The town here has officially closed down, nothing is open. They're calling for 20 inches of snow here through today and tomorrow and as cold as -16 temps. We are pretty much snowed in, even with a 4WD truck. It is doubtful that the mail will even be delivered....I don't blame them! We're under a state of emergency and the National Guard is on standby to help folks stranded. This is nuckin' futs!! noway So far, no power outages. I heard this morning Louisiana is having tornadoes! That's just crazy!

Everyone, please take care and stay safe.

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 03:38 PM

Hummm well so far the dogs have it not only do they keep me warm but they leave the remote alone and don't touch my beer or my crown.........and always happy as hell to see me...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well they are calling for the rain to hit here this evening and down in the low teens tomorrow with lots of sleet.

So I'm off to the store to get a few things I may need for the next few days....cause this girl don't drive on the icenoway noway noway

Be safe,(((Kristi)))flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 03:22 PM

Keep good...and warm.. thoughts for the rest of us, Newark:banana:

dubz...dentist...ugh! Hope it goes well for ya!flowerforyou

Stay warm and safe...and find a cuddle budddy, Kristi!! :tongue:

I thought of something else...if you have prescription meds, like I do, and are running low, get them filled now.

Girl I'm trying to stay warm but unfortunately I have not found a cuddle buddy yet well that is if I don't count my dogs.....bigsmile :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha! laugh Fur babies count....'cept they can't really appreciate the 'ambience' of the occasion... :wink: ...so yeah...calling for volunteers to be TxGal's cuddle buddy!!!!:banana: :banana:

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:59 PM

Who else is in Lily's picture?:smile:

I'm guessin' you mean me...:wink: That would be my cuddle buddy, Bobby love

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:57 PM

St. Louis has called in 500 electrical contractors. They're expecting over 100,000 to lose electric with low temperatures (-1) arriving. The National Guard is on stand-by.

We're sitting on pins and needles waiting for it.

I think it's our first blizzard.

One problem - I have to drive my dad for eye surgery tomorrow morning for a detached retina. scared

Oh my goodness, please be safe. Maybe they can reschedule the surgery? Your poor dad...bless his heart...and yoursflowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:55 PM

snows coming in here tonite, freezin rain is tomorrow nite:banana: :banana: bring it on

Got your Red Radio flyer all geared up??!!:banana:

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:26 PM

about 75 here too... but it is supposed to be in the 20's tomorrow...

Yeah, I don't think the major stuff has gotten 'round yet. Suppose to start really winding up in full force in the overnight hours and into Tuesday.

We're a bit more prepared for this stuff here than you folks are. Will keep good thoughts. Stay warm and safe! flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:21 PM

It's 75 and sunny.

Go figure. indifferent

Yeah, Florida...go figure! laugh

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 01:20 PM

frown It's supposed to start hitting here right about rush hour. Not looking forward to this at all...and so ready for spring! We are ecpecting 2 inches of ice with approximately 8 inches of snow with 45 mph gusts....it's really gonna suck

Yeppers, pretty much the same here, 'cept they are saying a foot of snow or more here...yuck! Weather station is saying "historic event." I'd just as soon it bypass us altogether and leave my behind out of the history books!:tongue:

Please be safe flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 12:15 PM

well it rained ice all morning and have 12-14 inches on the way with 30 mile an hour winds here. Its gonna be REAL dangerous, Im stocked up on all the neccesities to survive!!

Yeah, we're ready too..and least we THINK we are! We are fortunate to have alternate heat...wood burning stove, and a small generator that can keep the well and the fridge going.... not my hair dryer though!! sad noway

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 11:48 AM
Keep good...and warm.. thoughts for the rest of us, Newark:banana:

dubz...dentist...ugh! Hope it goes well for ya!flowerforyou

Stay warm and safe...and find a cuddle budddy, Kristi!! :tongue:

I thought of something else...if you have prescription meds, like I do, and are running low, get them filled now.

no photo
Mon 01/31/11 11:09 AM
Edited by lilbug on Mon 01/31/11 11:16 AM
Some of you may already be aware, most states from Oklahoma eastward are under a Winter Weather Warning. Some areas (mine..Missouri) are expected to get anywhere from a half an inch to an inch of ice and then 12 to 18 inches of snow on top of that. That's pretty significant for most areas. Weather stations are calling it a possible "life threatening event" with a good possibility that some folks will lose power and thereby...heat and other essentials.

Please, if you're in this area, be sure you are prepared with extra water, food that can be consumed without the benefit of heat, i.e., crackers, snacks, lunchmeat, etc., batteries, candles, blankets. Things that need to be kept cold can be kept outdoors or in an out building in a cooler. Locate your shovels, snow blowers, salt/kitty litter and windshield scrapers. If you have a generator, check now, before the worst of it hits, that it is in working condition. Gas up your vehicles in case of emergency. If you have laundry that you need, like work clothes, get it done before the storms hits. Prepare guest rooms, if you have them, in case you need to take in some folks without alternate heat. Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly and folks who are living alone. Make sure pets have food, water and shelter, even if they are 'outside animals'. I advise bringing them indoors if at all possible...and don't forget to fill the bird feeders!

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but all the weather stations are saying this is going to be a pretty significant weather event with ice, blowing snow and snow drifts, and most likely the lose of power in some areas.

Keeping good thoughts that all stay warm and safe! :thumbsup:

no photo
Thu 12/23/10 09:04 AM

Well, isn't this a nice Holiday surprise! Great to see you, (((Robin))):smile: I'm really happy for you. May this Christmas be a very special one for you! drinker

Hi sweetheart! :heart: I miss you doesn't seem to cover it adequately. ohwell

Hope your mom is doing well, please give her hugs for me!

I still remember some of our phone conversations and usually end up in a fit of laughter over something you said! I'll call ya soon, actually, I did try to call yesterday, buy got no answer, figured you hadn't gotten your hiney outta bed yet!!! (((Mark)):heart:

no photo
Thu 12/23/10 08:58 AM

Buttercup and you look like sweethearts. Remember - love never dies. Your dog is alive always as long as she's in your heart.

Bless your heart! I don't know 'bout me, but Buttercup was a real sweetheart! She could win over even the coldest of hearts! She and I were the best of buddies, she was my baby girl and I miss her every day.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25