Community > Posts By > Gumbyvs

Gumbyvs's photo
Thu 07/30/09 01:35 PM

LETS MAKE USE OF NAFTA, LETS GET CANADIAN HEATH CARE.............

I'll one up ya, lets get Mexican health care!

Gumbyvs's photo
Thu 07/30/09 01:17 PM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Thu 07/30/09 01:23 PM
" * No Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions

Mo discrimination, but they'd be charged out the a$$, just like now.

* No Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays

Exorbitant out of pocket for who? Someone making minimum wage or someone making 200K a year?

Caps on anything is a bad idea. Caps do absolutely nothing for healthy people and everything for sick people. So the reward for being healthy should be lower premiums. Caps above everything else in this plan will destroy public insurance and put the gov't in charge of healthcare solely, which IS something to be scared about.

* No Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care

Meh, most plans cover this now.

* No Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill

No dropping of coverage clauses will be a laugh riot.

* No Gender Discrimination

Gender wars! Yea, discriminating by gender is so 1950s.

* Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.

Hmmm, if men could ever have babies, this would be amusing.

* No Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage

So what's the incentive to insure someone with a serious illness that can live 5-10-15-20 years with extensive medical care?

* Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.

Why not just make it 45, that's still a young adult, if they live to 122?

* Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.

Ok guarantee renewal, say you get seriously ill, and you plan comes up for renewal and you were paying say 250 a month and your plan renews at 2500 a month. Its the same as refusing insurance, which is against one of the other points.

All of this leads to health care being run into the ground, because under these ideas, no insurance company will survive. Unless they are completely subsidized by the government, which IS what gov't wants, and rational, sane people do NOT want. What Obama wants and he gets are gonna be different, probably drastically. But then again, Obama said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making under 250K a year, but he's already raised taxes on cigarettes and is proposing raising taxes on soda and beer. Promising one thing and doing another, sounds like a career politician, not someone looking for change.

Gumbyvs's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:00 PM
Promising a blue sky and getting a blue sky are mutually exclusive. He can't fund his plan, so its pointless spouting whats so good about it.

Gumbyvs's photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:17 PM
Buddy of mine got the last set of "The Raven" tattooed on his back, with ravens tattooed around it, it was kinda cool.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 07/27/09 12:51 AM
No dream here right now, but about the teeth thing, ouch!

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 02:02 AM

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:53 AM

Win?

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:45 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Sun 07/26/09 01:48 AM

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:56 AM

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:30 AM

That would be the multi million dollar ice castle they built in St Paul MN, in 2004. Ironically, it was built 3 blocks from an under funded homeless shelter. It was huge, had giant screen tvs, an ice rink, and fun stuff.

Funny what we spend money on and ignore, huh?

Sounds cool, but... ya know?

I agree, that's insane. But unfortunately money and big impressive things talk in society, good deeds anymore......not so much seems like. ohwell

True, but it was so kick a$$ to be in inside and seeing what all the engineers did. It was a fricking marvel to behold.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:28 AM
And a side note, about working for a company that provides health insurance. McDonalds offers decent health plans, most companies offer some sort of plan. The problem is, most people would rather have extra money in their paychecks that pay for healthcare. I got a job specifically for the benefits, and most of the year I work 50-60 weeks between 2 jobs. If somebody wants health insurance, all they have to do is find it, its not like a company hides it benefits packages.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:24 AM

I am not much for politics however, reading this sparked an interest. And well this maybe off topic however, how may of you think that the economy is actually turning around? We just keep losing money and getting further into debt. Most of us barely keep up with our bills. Single americans struggle to pay for healthcare and bills and food. If we have to go to the doctor and we dont have insurance then we either pay up or go on living with the pain or illness. Or we end up in the er with a bill that we can pay and we end up with terrible credit and cant get the loans for cars or houses due to our poor credit. Its am endless vicious cycle. Taxing sodas and cigarettes might encourage us to put them down. They tend to be more of a leading cause to our health problems. Obesity, lung cancer, heart disease, etc. An average american who drinks soda at least 3 times a day are drinking the caloric intake for half a day of nutrition. And people who smoke at least a pack a day take several years off their lives. So i mean when you think about it is Obama really hindering the poor by his taxes?

As silly as it may seem, there's a luxury tax on yachts, high end luxury cars, lear jets, but the rich will fork over whatever they can to have these luxuries. Same with the poor. So if they tax cigarettes and soda, it'll make people put them down? What if they start taxing food higher and taxing water outta the tap? Do we put those down too? So what's next? Taxing air? Oh wait, that's what the carbon tax is gonna be! So lets see, we have to put down smokes, soda, food, water, and air, ummm, do you see the problem now?

The point was healthcare. The point in fact is if americans were healthier healthcare would not be as big an issue. Americans are some of the most unhealthy people in the world. And we continue to live like we do, so healthcare cost rise constantly. Its a double edged sword. You need healthcare because you continue your bad habits yet you want to complain that your bad habit gets taxed to fund your healthcare? Where is the sense in that?
Now dont get me wrong i am not talking about those who are healthy yet end up sick. Thats is beyond any control. Its the ones that complain about taxes on unnecessary items that are unhealthy for you. Because in the end you might end up needing that healthcare plan due to not being able to work for a company that offers private insurance.

So you're saying they should tax the hell outta meat and dairy? They're bad for you too, so you want to make everyone vegetarians? See you're just looking at the "bad habits" of now, think of the "bad habits" to come, if you keep thinking everything is gonna fine like you are.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:15 AM

oo now i see it!

Win!

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:14 AM

What? Speak up, I can't hear you. laugh

Image was messing up. see how huge that thing was? It was amazing!

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:11 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Sun 07/26/09 12:13 AM

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:07 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Sun 07/26/09 12:10 AM

You're hot, in a demented easter bunny kinda way!

Good! What the hell is that behind you anyway? Martian Legos?

That would be the multi million dollar ice castle they built in St Paul MN, in 2004. Ironically, it was built 3 blocks from an under funded homeless shelter. It was huge, had giant screen tvs, an ice rink, and fun stuff.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:03 AM

Have you noticed...

Our Government has gotton so big... We can't afford it anymore.

The only way it can survive at this point is to squeeze us...

Yet if it squeezs to much harder...

We will abolish it once again.

Because no matter which side of the right/left coin you stand...

You will get squeezed equally.

Amen. Its gotten so big, it doesn't realize its too big. Its kinda like an obese kid, the kid's mom keeps saying he/she is just big boned. Well government isn't big boned, its catastrophically morbidly obese, and we keep feeding it. Obama promised change, and gave us nothing but the same.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sat 07/25/09 11:59 PM

Damn. I was hoping it screamed "STOP MESSAGING ME JUST TO TELL ME I'M HOT DAMNIT!" laugh

You're hot, in a demented easter bunny kinda way!

Gumbyvs's photo
Sat 07/25/09 11:50 PM

I haven't seen you in any of the conversations here... where did you try having conversations?

Ok, that pic you have up now screams, "Look at me! I'm evil!"

Gumbyvs's photo
Sat 07/25/09 11:48 PM
Self loathing and pity parade, this is so much better than people that argue politics with well wishing.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25