Community > Posts By > leahmarie

no photo
Tue 05/20/08 01:06 AM

joggers on here? Can you tell me what you think I have done? I do not go to doctors if I can avoid it and eat only organic foods. The sidewalks in this town are pretty old and the trees on the median strip have lifted slabs up so it looks like San Francisco after an earthquake.

A couple of weeks ago when I was jogging at night I twisted my knee on one and had to band the knee. I switched to just walking fast for about 10 days and several days ago went back to jogging but in the street. I only took it up about a month ago.

Did about 9 or 10 miles each yesterday and today and now my knee kind of feels out of sync again. It's the right leg on the inside right at the joint. It's kind of tender to push on the bone of the lower leg there, same as before. Is this a ligament injury, other? Should I switch to a bicycle for a while.

Congratulations. I finally found someone who has less common sense than I do. See a doctor before you do permanent damage to yourself. I pullled a stunt like yours and I am lucky I did not do serious injury to myself.

no photo
Tue 05/20/08 01:01 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Tue 05/20/08 01:16 AM

well, not really depression, but that sad feeling which basically envelopes you?

I checked your profile and note you state that you have mood swings. You need to see a doctor. It is possible that you are eating unhealthy.have too much responsibility, are working too hard, or any number of things. However, it is also possible that you have a mental health problem. So, don't get amateur help; see a doctor.

That sounds absolutely scary. It's just that I've got too many things in my hand right now but I always ( I try ) to look at things positively. :)

I am sorry. It really isn't scary. You might find you have a chemical imbalance because you are not eating properly or because you are overworked or whatever. If it is a mental issue, the doctor will prescribe medication for you. In many instances patients only need to take medication for a short period of time.

no photo
Tue 05/20/08 12:58 AM

mad So here is the story. i had my taxes done back in March so I could get the $$$$$ back early. I had my accountant do them so there would be no error. I looked on the Irs web site 3 weeks ago to find that i should get my refund back by what was supposed to be Monday. i called the IRS and they said there was a huge mix-up with my name due to my accountants error. Now they tell me that it will be at least 10 weeks before they even fix the error and then another 6 to 8 weeks till i get my $$$$$
I am so mad all i can offer is this advice make sure your accountant is not an idiot like mine. Sorry but i had to vent to my JSH familysad sad sad sad sad sad

You are supposed to check your return before you sign it.

Signed

No i did check it. The Irs says that the accountant sent a revised copy of my return with a hyphen in my name I don't have a hyphen in my name someone is not telling the truth

An Accountant.Did your accountant tell you that she was

evising your return, and why?

no i just found all this out about 15 minutes ago

The thing is, your accountant cannot send in an amended return without getting your signature again. I think the IRS is the party that screwed up.

The above is correct. Write a letter to the IRS, asking for a copy of the so-called ameneded return; then hopefully you will find out who is lying.

no photo
Tue 05/20/08 12:54 AM

during the summertime for those who are "solo-ing" it this summer- relationship and friendship wise....if you have some ideas, please post!

Go to a gym, as someone suggested.

Take a high school course, or a college course. They have day and evening classes.

Go to a public park on the weekend and walk around. Maybe you will attract a single guy. But use your common sense; don't go where there are no people.

Visit a public museum.

Go to the library.

Do some volunteer work where there are people your age.

Hit the single clubs; go to the ones that are advertised as dance clubs and charge an admission fee. There are usually a better class of people there, that is guys interested in socializing rather than drinking. But once again be careful; don't go home with anyone or take anyone home.

Buy the local newspapers on Friday. Most have an entertainment section. Look through it and see what is being advertised in the way of entertainment to get some ideas as to what you can do.

no photo
Tue 05/20/08 12:45 AM

well, not really depression, but that sad feeling which basically envelopes you?

I checked your profile and note you state that you have mood swings. You need to see a doctor. It is possible that you are eating unhealthy.have too much responsibility, are working too hard, or any number of things. However, it is also possible that you have a mental health problem. So, don't get amateur help; see a doctor.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:52 PM

My mother came from a family of 12. She lost her last sibling about an hour ago. Also one about a month ago. I am afraid she will get depressed and give up. What do I do to seek her striving on? Sorry this is so gloomy.

Can your mom stay with you for a while?

Tell your mother how important she is to you and that you are so sorry she lost two siblings and you thank God everyday that you have her. In other words, let her know she has to keep on with life, if not for herself but for you.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:49 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Sat 05/17/08 11:50 PM

Ok, here's the deal.....my stepfather has been sexually harrassing me since February, and last week tried to talk me into having my mother committed in the psychiatric at the local hospital up there (I'm in SC they're in NC).......After finally telling my father (who I live with) about it, we agreed that my Momma needs to know...............so here's my dilemma.......

How exactly do I tell her this?????? She was in love with this man, but he won't have anything to do with her anymore and she's tired of it.....I know she's going to be really upset about it and I hope she doesn't snap...(she's bipolar)....

Any Suggestions???

I am so sorry for the both of you; this is a terrible situation.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:45 PM

I'm in need of some legal advice.....without going into great detail.....is there anybody out there that can help me. The matter concerns post divorce issues. If anybody out there feels that they might be able to help, please email me.

Post divorce issues? It sounds like credit card debt and the like. Spend the money and see a good lawyer since you do not want to take a chance and get your credit ruined. You would be better off going to a one-man law office rather than a big firm. Large firms have high overhead and naturally charge more.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:40 PM

I can't decide which warranty to go with: Lifetime with everything covered ($3K); 7 years/100,000 miles with everything covered($1.5K), or just the manufacturers 3 years/36,000 miles (free). I plan on keeping the car for a long time, but I don't drive a lot - I probably will only put 3000-4000 miles/year on it if even.

Any thoughts on this?

If you only drive 3 to 4 thousand miles a year, you do not need any warranty other than the free one that comes with the car. However, it is my guess that you probably make a lot of small trips. If that is so, make sure you get frequent oil/filter changes. Additionally, in some states, if you drive less than 5,000 miles a year, you get a discount on your yearly inspection.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:35 PM

What works best for you?? I have severe back pain and nerve pain from a back injury at a job, and I have been taking tramadol for a year and it's not really doing so great anymore. I've tried several other pills, but nothing works enough. Grrrr, I hate pain!!

There are two types of painkillers. In layman's terms, some painkillers go to the brain and tell the brain there is no pain. Others go to problems such as inflamation, fluid, swelling and the like and relieve it. See your doctor because it is possible that you might need to take both type of painkillers. You should get an MRI, which will indicate if you have swelling, inflmation, fluid, or whatever in that area.

Whatever you do, do not experiment on your own. See a doctor.

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:24 PM

how many email have you ever had at once

i had 6145

and you?

I had 6146

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 11:16 PM

when you've got power interruptions at your place?

I've just had the time of my life. Had to get myself busy doing absolutely nothing but ponder, when oh when we'd have our electricity back(lol). I couldn't even go out as it was and still is raining here in Manila. sad

If things are really that nightmarish without electric, get yourself a generator, which will kick on automatically when the lights go off. It is expensive but worth it.

no photo
Thu 05/15/08 10:44 PM

just wondering if my profile is even worth reading...

I like it, but fix your pic so it is not cut off at the top.

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 10:22 PM

Hi guys, it's Intrepid. I changed my profile and added a lot more info but I kept the tie pic even though I've been told to lose it 100 times! laugh laugh If you see one that you think is truly better I'll change it but to me that's the most appealing one I have online!!! -Dave

Your profile and pic are great. However, eliminate "sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel complacent" Who wants to date a guy who feels that way? It indicates there is something wrong with you. Of course, there is most certainly the possibility that most of the women on this site probably don't know what the word means.

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 10:06 PM

Hey take a look at my profile. What could I use or get rid of my pics ok? How should I sound without sounding not myself. I don't want to pretend to be someone I'm not

Eliminate that business about "The right person is still going to think the sun shines right out your ass." Crudeness is a turn-off unless you are trying to attract trailer trash.

Also delete the Don Pardo "tells you what you're playing for." You sound like you are putting on a big shot act.

Last get rid of "Girls have taken advantage of this in the past." That makes you sound like a fool and a loser.

Also for things you like to do, put you are open to new adventure and will be glad to do whatever the woman is interested in, whether it is the movies, walks, going to clubs, dancing, or whatever.

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:11 AM

I don't think it sounds even tolerable... Some of the profiles on here read like mini-novels!

then why not take the advice i gave you?

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:06 AM

Divorced, means you have "legal baggage". Kinda like saying "buyer beware". Sucks, but that puts any misgivings down the road to rest.

Correct. Additionally, a practicing Catholic cannot date a divorced person since a practicing Catholic believes that marriage is forever. Therefore, even if one is divorced. in the eyes of a practicing Catholic, one is still married.

no photo
Thu 05/08/08 01:35 PM

Can u ladies check my profile out and give me your advice.

I like what you have to say, but I am confused about your pictures. The one photo is that of a man with dark hair and a beard; the other is that of a white haired man with a white beard. You need to be consistent with your pictures ... are you dark haired or white haired?

no photo
Tue 05/06/08 10:19 PM

what about me screams 'hey crazy guys...hit on me!' ????

i am sooo about to give up on dating!

thanks!

courtney

You are getting the crazy ones because I took down my real picture. Prior to that I was getting the crazy ones.

no photo
Sat 05/03/08 11:32 PM
your profile is perfect except for starting it off with "I'm smart." That is not necessary since it is obvious that you are not a stupid man by the way you write. Additionally, it is not a good idea to brag about being smart .... intimidates some women.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25