Community > Posts By > leahmarie

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 11:05 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Mon 07/07/08 11:07 PM

I dont expect a response...just want to see how many people really give a rats a$$

I read your profile and it doesn't agree with this thread you originated. Your profile indicates that you are 48, but you call yourself cuppy59. So who knows if you are 48 or 59, that doesn't matter. However, what you have posted is shocking.

Your quote is "Getting Older ...is a gift. {You are] the person {you]have always wanted to be .... the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often [you]are taken aback by that old person that lives in [your] mirror."

You shouldn't be thinking those thoughts. Good grief! I am 55 years old and when I look in the mirror, I see a pretty ageless woman. I don't see any wrinkles, baggy eyes and definitely no sagging butt. Maybe I am not pretty and perhaps I am wrinkled with baggy eyes and possibly the butt sags, but I don't see those things. You should not be seeing those things either.

You should be the outgoing happy person you are in your profile and change your attitude to reflect your profile. So go into the bathroom and blast those lights and make sure that the old person with the wrinkles, baggy eyes and sagging butt is not there! There should be the happy, outgoing timeless beauty who is in your profile. Good luck to you.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 10:50 PM

flowerforyou Ive watched Countdown since the day it came out.flowerforyou I think Keith is talented and I enjoy his Oddball segment. flowerforyou He is a lefty like me but he doesnt trash people that disagree with him like Bill-O does.flowerforyou Bill O'Reilly has a filthy mouth.sick

Oh, so you are one of the ten people that watch him faithfully. I was wondering who those ten people were.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Thankslaugh I needed a good laugh. I am recovering from surgery and I am in a lot of pain right now. But your post has put me in a good mood. Here's to you! drinker

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 10:44 PM
Nice place to teach.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 10:39 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Mon 07/07/08 10:40 PM

Claim: Kids who say 'yuck' may be racist

Jul 7 12:42 PM US/Eastern

LONDON, July 7 (UPI) -- Toddlers who say "yuck" when given flavorful foreign food may be exhibiting racist behavior, a British government-sponsored organization says.

The London-based National Children's Bureau released a 366-page guide counseling adults on recognizing racist behavior in young children, The Telegraph reported Monday.

The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

The bureau says to be aware of children who "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuck'."

"Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships," the guide says.

Staff members are advised not to ignore racist actions and to condemn them when they occur.

That is almost as stupid as what they did last Christmas. Santa was forbidden to say ho! ho! He had to say ha! ha! The reasoning was that ho! ho! is too close to the rap word of hoe, which means whore. If Santa said ho! ho! and a woman passed by she might think Santa was calling her the nickname for whore.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 10:35 PM

Thank you for the lesson in history! I will look into the Whiskey Rebels> I bet that is interesting!happy

Your welcome. BTW, I teach American History. bigsmile

Where do you teach? One of my son's degrees is in American Studies. He is at the University of Pennsylvania.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 10:17 PM

Who invented the prsidential pardon? Richard Nixon!

rofl

Would you believe G. Washington, THE WHISKEY REBELS, 1794, was the first to use it? drinker

Interesting. I didn't know that. I do know that pardons are quite common in many countries where there are kings and queens and countries where there are not monarchies, such as our country, Canada, France, Germany and many others. Additionally, those who are Head of Churches usually have the power to issue pardons, which fall under religious jurisdiction.

Last, don't forget that the Governor of any State in the United States has the power to issue a pardon. Of course, that would be for a crime that does not come under Federal jurisdiction, but the State.

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 11:49 PM

fanta, i still say u r teaching that gun toting nra dog to kill possum.
okay so it boils down to hilary is out the door. obama is too young, and mccane is too old with wifie issues. so who does that leave? why....see answer below..

CAROLINE KENNEDY or ARNIE SCHWARTZ:wink:

I must have missed something, since when does Senator McCain have wife troubles?

Lindyy
huh

I am pondering the same. McCain has a young, beautiful rich wife and all the beer he can drink. I believe 99.9 per cent of men would say it is the perfect marriage.

Even if he had an old, ugly wife and all the beer he can drink, wouldn't he still have a perfect marriage since he would then be wearing beer goggles?

laugh

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 11:07 PM

The only thing I'm celebrating today is that I get to see my family and watch **** blow up. Our government has a strangle hold on this country, gas prices, still hiding the truth about 9-11, etc. There is way to much to list. How can I celebrate my Independence when I can't even get to work because of the gas being so high.

I don't want to go on and on, but independence from what? And don't say " other countries" either, cause we are not. Look at most of the stuff around you, and tell me how many "made in china" or made in another country you see.

Sorry for such a downer of a thought, but I can't wait for a nice juicy steak and to watch some **** blow the **** up.

Have fun today with all of the festivities.

"Rusty" King

Instead of being so negative, count your blessings. Be glad you are not living in a Third World Country or in a country where there is civil war. Be thankful that you can go to the polls and vote for the man of your choice without fear. Be glad that your children are entitled to a free education. I could go on and on ...... but once again be positive. If you think negative you only make yourself and others around you miserable. Is that what you want for your family and friends?

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 11:03 PM

what i think when i hear people say well if you dont speak english well dont come here, or mexicans need to go they commit crimes ,kill,rape and all this other sh!t well then all i have to say is now we know how the indians felt.

Nobody says that, and you cant blame Americans, Indian or otherwise, for not wanting to make the same mistakes as the American Indian. What people say is, "if you aren't at least willing to learn to speak English."

America has the highest per capita rate of LEGAL Immigration in the world.
We dont need the additional 12 million slave laborers coming here ILLEGALLY! The only ones who support illegal immigration are the corporations who benefit from the slave labor, and the uninformed bleeding hearts who for some reason wish to repeat the same mistake the American Indian made.
Only worse!
The Europeans who came here had to establish a country. They had to fight off freezing winters, starvation, and hostile Indians to carve this great country out of a wilderness through sweat and tears.
The illegal Immigrants just come here and enjoy the fringe benefits created by those first pioneers. Not even close to the same thing and a very weak comparison to make!

Part Mexican, Flatfoot, and European. American by birth!

Well said Fanta. I never thought you and I would agree on something. Here's to you! drinker

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:58 PM

fanta, i still say u r teaching that gun toting nra dog to kill possum.
okay so it boils down to hilary is out the door. obama is too young, and mccane is too old with wifie issues. so who does that leave? why....see answer below..

CAROLINE KENNEDY or ARNIE SCHWARTZ:wink:

I must have missed something, since when does Senator McCain have wife troubles?

Lindyy
huh

I am pondering the same. McCain has a young, beautiful rich wife and all the beer he can drink. I believe 99.9 per cent of men would say it is the perfect marriage.

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:54 PM
Good story, but I would have titled it , What a Mailman!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:46 PM
My opinion is that it would work with a small group since the theory is that all forms of government, that is laws/authority, are not only unnecessary but also undesirable. However advocating this type of society is based on voluntary cooperation of all individuals/groups participating, which in a way means that there are unspoken/unwritten laws. However, I don't believe that an anarchy would work with a large group of people.

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:35 PM
dragoness.....

Maybe the US is leading because we are the only ones telling the truth about substance abuse.

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:29 PM
mnhiker ......

thanks ..... by the way, you look great. why don't you run for president? bet you could win! laugh

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:21 PM
Dont forget to thank these kind folks for doing us all a favour and removing themselves from the gene pool for the benefit of mankind

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Thanks your post is soooooo funny!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:18 PM

Ever notice how the Fox network is slanted towards the Republicans. Well, MSNBC is just as slanted towards the Democrats.

When will we ever have an network for us Independents who are sick and tired of listening to all the mindless drivel the Republicrats continually spout out?

My comparison? Fox = Tass and MSNBC = PRAVDA

you may be right except Dems have ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN etc along with MSNBClaugh laugh laugh

Right on!

Who watches/listens to Keith Oberman? I tried watching his cable show about a half dozen times, but all he does is cut up Bill O'Reilly from FOX. What is the deal there? Did O'Reilly steal Oberman's job or what?

no photo
Sat 07/05/08 03:34 PM

Fanta, you could not even answer yourself! It is blank!laugh

Lindyy
:tongue:

And I'll guarantee many have read it!
They are still trying to make heads and tales of the facts and the lies told to them!

Just as I'll guarantee you will continue to ignore the truth your entire life!
That's just how the sheeple are!

Baaaah Baaaaah Baaahlaugh

Now, who determines what the truth is? Eh, sonny boy?laugh

Lindyy
:heart:

You are a blank arent you!
Just like that page. Nothing of substance to it!drinker

fanta ..... you initiated the blank page, which means you are the one who has nothing of substance and not Lindyy. After all you are what you post and you are the one that posted the blank page.

no photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:33 PM
Fanta .....

I didn't twist your words. You did't verbalize yourself correctly. devil

no photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:26 PM

it is a current event leah and I care..I really do.tears

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. You are right. It is a current event. I am going out to the mall and will buy some of this underwear ..... put it on .... take some pics of myself in it .... and post ..... in fact let's all do the same! laugh

no photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:24 PM

fanta ..... I don't have time to read such a long post or should I say novel. If you want it read, make it short and sweet.

I did!
I said,

Republicans are desperate, and as demonstrated in the past (remember IRAQ WMD)
are not above giving half truths and flat out fabricated lies!

These things will only get worse as time progresses and their candidate falls further behind in the polls!

Remember the false attacks on Kerry? (swift boat)

The last time America fell for their con job we ended up with
4 more years of Bush
about 1500 more dead American soldiers (and countless wounded)
And, $4-$5 a gallon gas prices!

Please, lets dont be fooled again!

Once again I agree with you in that Democratics, particularly Obama, will say and do anything and fabricate any lie/lies to get elected.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25