Community > Posts By > leahmarie

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:35 AM

Nine US soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan in clashes with Taleban militants.

US commander Daniel Dwyer told the BBC the soldiers had been killed in clashes in the north-east of the country.

The BBC's Martin Patience in Kabul says it is one of the biggest single losses in a day for the coalition since the start of military operations there.

The attack came as international and Afghan security forces battled militants on several fronts.

On Sunday, US forces said 40 insurgents had been killed in Helmand province in the past 24 hours.

We are all aware of this. Why do you have to post doom and gloom. Why not post something positive. Do you get pleasure out of posting how US soldiers are being killed.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:29 AM

The Mayan calender ends in 2012. What do you all think will happen. Some think it will be the end of the world....o0o0ok sounds cultish. Will it just be an outdated calender. Or dose it really mean anything?scared surprised :banana: drinks

We are going to go through another long-drawn out campaign to determine who will run for president on the Democratic and Republican tickets. slaphead

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:27 AM
rofl

Iran Condemns McCain for Cigarette Joke
Reuters
Posted: 2008-07-13 20:46:00
Filed Under: Elections News, John McCain
TEHRAN (July 13) - Iran has condemned U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain for joking about killing Iranians with cigarettes and said it showed his "warmongering" foreign policy attitude, media said on Sunday.

McCain, who once sang in jest about bombing Iran, on Tuesday reacted to a report of rising U.S. cigarette exports to the Islamic Republic by saying it may be "a way of killing 'em."

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said: "McCain's crude remark on the indiscriminate killing of the Iranian nation not only testifies to his disturbed state of mind, but also to his warmongering approach to foreign policy."

In a statement quoted by the website of Iran's state Press TV satellite station, Hosseini added:

"We condemn such jokes and believe them to be inappropriate for a U.S. presidential candidate. It is most evident that jokes about genocide will not be tolerated by Iranians or Americans."

McCain, known for acerbic comments and for sometimes firing verbally from the hip, was responding to a report that U.S. exports to Iran rose tenfold during President George W. Bush's term in office despite hostility between the two countries.

Oh Lord the idiotness is contagious it seems. Bush must have rubbed off on McCain somehow.frustrated huh what whoa

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I think McCain is on to something. It is better to use cigarettes to kill them rather than risking the lives of U.S. soldiers. Here's to McCain and his cigarette warfare! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gee whiz! frustrated I forgot to ask ... are we talking filter or non-filter? what

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:17 AM

There is a guy on this site I was dating. We hit it off for maybe three months then stuff started getting wierd. I found out he was engaged/married when we were dating and having sex. Funny thing is he still has his account looking for a girl friend. ... Is this something you could take to court and try to solve? Not to get him back just for closure.

Sorry for the interruption 'Misspharry1017', and don't mean to downplay the situation you are exposing on this thread, but might you consider moving the thread to the 'Relationship advice' or 'Dating and Sex' forums?!?!?

Just thought those would be more appropriate 'homes' than 'politics, current news and events' for the topic you wish to discuss.

Good luck!

Volleshure .....

Hey the poor girl is upset, which is probably why she hit the wrong community. Let's not beat on her while she is down.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:15 AM

There is a guy on this site I was dating. We hit it off for maybe three months then stuff started getting wierd. I found out he was engaged/married when we were dating and having sex. Funny thing is he still has his account looking for a girl friend. ... Is this something you could take to court and try to solve? Not to get him back just for closure.

Back in the 19th Century, a man/woman could go to court and sue for the above and actually get money. However, today one cannot UNLESS you gave/lent him money with the understanding you were doing so, because you thought the two of you were getting married. So, if you lent or gave him money, because you thought you were going to marry the guy, you can have recourse in Small Claims Court. In some townships, it is called Magistrate's Court.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:04 AM

:smile: Im hoping Obama will win but Im skeptical.:smile: I kinda think that maybe this country has been over for a long time and cant be fixed.:smile: Its coming to such a critical juncture and I no longer have confidence in America to do the right thing.:smile: I think McCain will get elected and he will make things much worse.:smile: My hopes rest on a new country now, maybe a greater North American union.:smile: I know its gonna happen in the next 20 years or so because more and more people are losing confidence in the lies that are being fed to them by the U.S. Government.:smile: Eventually things will reach a breaking point. :smile: If McCain is elected it will happen even sooner.:smile: A New Beginning would be so nice and I know that more and more people will agree with me as time goes by.flowerforyou

Mirror/Mirror..... Please don't be so negative in believing that "our country has been over for a long time and can't be fixed." Remember you are part of the greatest country in the world.

Additionally, it doesn't matter who comes into office, whether it is McCain or Obama, it will take more than one man to fix the ills of this nation. Remember one party didn't cause our country's woes. It was the work of both Democrats and Republicans.

North American Union .... Be careful what you wish for .... I don't think you understand what the ramifications of this would be. If you did, you would not be for it.

flowerforyou
:smile: Im for a New Beginning and I know it will happen eventually.:smile: Its Manifest Destiny. :smile: The people who created this nation believed in Manifest Destiny.:smile: And its futile to fight your destiny.:smile:

Mirror/Mirror.... I think we are all for a New Beginning since the country certainly isn't what our forefathers envisioned it to be.

However, I am not following your reference to "Manifest Destiny." Are you talking about the belief that the United States was destined to expand from the Atlantic seaboard to the Pacific Ocean? Additionally, some say that "Manifest Destiny" was an excuse for us to grab the land from the Indians.

Or is it possible that you are using "Manifest Destiny" as an allegory? If so, that is a wonderful way to look at things. Please explain.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 11:59 PM
Kittycat or whatever.....

You certainly have a filthy mouth on you. It is obvious that all you can think about is sex. You are on the wrong site. You need to go on a site that is a sex site, not a dating site. I am not being sarcastic; I am very serious.

Incidentally, my husband didn't divorce me the way yours did. He died of cancer, which runs in his family. It is a terrible thing. All of the men in his family die of cancer when they are in their early 50's. When he died, I found out the saying that "The good die young" is true. He was a really wonderful man.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 11:45 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Mon 07/14/08 11:49 PM

Forget it!noway noway

Fanta....

The above is a good idea Little Lady. Enough Bush bashing.

Listen Leah your bullying is going to stop 2nite and i wont let you talk to anymore of my friends the way you have........so consider this an invasion baby.................or a coup........whtever

Tanzkity......

Invasion .... coup .... bullying .... what are you watching on tv? I thought your were busy emailing and interacting with all of those imaginary men friends of yours.

I think you need to turn off the tv and get yourself some nice warm milk and go take a warm shower. It will take all of those scary thoughts out of your head. And I am sure you will be fine in the morning.:banana:

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 11:25 PM

Forget it!noway noway

Fanta....

The above is a good idea Little Lady. Enough Bush bashing.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 09:15 PM

Nice messagedrinker

Fantastic Rhetoric!laugh laugh laugh laugh

It sounds like your jeep is missing on three cylinders!:wink:

Fanta.....

Hey young lady .... You are still on the same kick .... no substance ....

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 10:53 AM

I predict....no matter who gets elected....most people ain't gonna be happy.

But, I could be wrong.

You are absolutely right since it is such a close race between McCain and Obama.

Additionally, you have all the Hillary supporters who are angry at Obama, particularly after that fundraising debacle of his. Why/how could he do what he did to Hillary? He had to be half drunk to do something like that.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 10:27 AM

I think we need to look very carefully at who the vice presidential candidates will be.... either Obama or McCain could (theoretically) leave office abruptly before their term is up.....surprised

I know what you are getting at with respect to both Obama and McCain. You have a good point .... something I did not consider.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 10:19 AM

:smile: Im hoping Obama will win but Im skeptical.:smile: I kinda think that maybe this country has been over for a long time and cant be fixed.:smile: Its coming to such a critical juncture and I no longer have confidence in America to do the right thing.:smile: I think McCain will get elected and he will make things much worse.:smile: My hopes rest on a new country now, maybe a greater North American union.:smile: I know its gonna happen in the next 20 years or so because more and more people are losing confidence in the lies that are being fed to them by the U.S. Government.:smile: Eventually things will reach a breaking point. :smile: If McCain is elected it will happen even sooner.:smile: A New Beginning would be so nice and I know that more and more people will agree with me as time goes by.flowerforyou

Mirror/Mirror..... Please don't be so negative in believing that "our country has been over for a long time and can't be fixed." Remember you are part of the greatest country in the world.

Additionally, it doesn't matter who comes into office, whether it is McCain or Obama, it will take more than one man to fix the ills of this nation. Remember one party didn't cause our country's woes. It was the work of both Democrats and Republicans.

North American Union .... Be careful what you wish for .... I don't think you understand what the ramifications of this would be. If you did, you would not be for it.

flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 10:19 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Mon 07/14/08 10:20 AM
Mistake... sorry.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 10:02 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Mon 07/14/08 10:41 AM

Madman..... Now that you have substituted George Bush's picture for your own, you look much much better. If you actually look like Bush, maybe it is possible you might find a girlfriend and won't have to make up an imaginary one.
I suppose if you cannot defend your positions in a logical or reasonable way a personal attack is a good option. I see you never put up a picture of your 50 plus face for us all to gaze apon. You cant imagine how comical I find you to cling to your idea of an imaginary girlfriend. I still have a week of vacation so I am sure I will drop in from time to time but you have to admit considering all the down time I have I rarely post anything, today my imaginary girlfriend is doing one of her 3 twelve hour days so I have a little time :banana:

MADMAN....

I do not defend my position to you since you have never stated an original thought of your own. Every one of your posts, except for your insults, are cut and paste. Why should I acknowledge plagerized work. (rhetoric)

I don't show my picture for the exact opposite reason that you choose not to show yours. I was in an accident in January of this year. I had double surgery. Consequently, the surgery and healing have caused a lot of pain. Pain causes one to lose his/her appetite. As a result, I have lost a tremendous amount of weight and I am painfully thin. Therefore, I am not posting my picture since an extremely thin me is not a realistic picture. The pain is gradually going away and my appetite is coming back. Right now I am only 20 pounds underweight. I expect to gain that weight back within a few months. At that time I will post my picture.

It is my understanding that you are grossly overweight, some 50 pounds, and that you are trying to lose the weight. And this is why you do not post your picture. Therefore, you should be able to emphasize with me even though we are at opposite ends of the totem pole.

Comical?... Madman... I can't help making remarks about your so-called girlfriend. It strikes me,as you put it, too comical that you would model her after a prostitute in "Sweet Charity."

So you "retired" from this site yesterday to be with your girlfriend? Now you are back on the site today! Whew! Short retirement! Maybe it is possible that you really did have a girlfriend and she "retired" you after one day/date! rofl

Hey, don't let it get to you. Now that you have put on a George Bush persona, you will definitely get the ladies .... pitchfork

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 09:35 AM

Baaaa,
Baaaaaa,
Baaa,

Who let the sheep out?? Dang it, and take those blinfolds off. They're running into the corn again!noway noway

FANTA....

You are a typical liberal. You cannot destroy the message of the Republicans, because we are right. Therefore, you attempt to destroy the messenger with your stupid insults. Well, it won't work because conservatives will continue to speak against you and your misguided left liberals.

Baaaaaa yourself you "sheepel."

And never ackmowledge facts!
That's why I dont waste my time talking serious the the Sheeple patrol.

I can show Gov studies and you'd still preach the Bush Gospel!
What a waste of time!

FANTA.....

You don't talk serious because you have no understanding of politics. All you do is rant and rave with your anti-Bush rhetoric.

You cannot show government studies to back up what you state, because there are none since you are wrong in your thinking and beliefs about America and its government.

All you know is name-calling with your "sheeple patrol" jargon. Once again you confirm what I stated above. You attack the messenger since you cannot go after my message since it is right.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 01:18 AM

Girls, if your boyfriend wants to play footsies with you, would you let him do it when both of you are in your bare feet? I like doing it in bare feet because it sends a stronger message.

it all depends on where you are doing it.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 01:10 AM

Hello wise politicians of the future! I hope you are having a great day!

What are your predictions when the new president of the United States enters office? What do you think he with Congress will accomplish?

Please state which president also for me. thank you.

The subjects are:

1. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan

2. Health Care

3. Education

4. Civil Rights

5. Economy

6. Foreign Policies

Hello wise politician yourself,

John McCain will be the next president. Although the polls favor Obama, during the Hillary and Obama face-off, the polls were always skewered in Obama's favor anywhere from three to five points. Taking this into account, it is obvious that McCain will win the election by a very narrow margin.

What will he and Congress accomplish?

1. The situation in Iraq and Afghanistan will be better, but not settled.

2. Health Care is too complex an issue, particularly with both parties leaning in completely opposite directions. Nothing will be settled.

3. Education has gone steadily down hill for who knows how many years. I don't believe anything meaningful will be accomplished.

4. Civil Rights? I don't get this. What more do we need? Let's be realistic. There are always going to be people who will show prejudice against those who are different from themselves. By this I am not just talking about race, but also ethnicity, politics, religion, socio-economic status, and on and on. In my old neighborhood, there was an older gentlemen who was prejudiced against anyone who had attained a college education. There was also a young man who hated older people. There is nothing that can be done about this type of mentality.

5. Economy. The economy will turn around in another two years no matter who is president.

6. Foreign Policies. John McCain will certainly do a great deal of positive things in relation to this.

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 12:41 AM

Fanta..... Your post is empty. So I take it this means that the person following your post gets two votes. So here are my two votes.

All you people to the left should vote for Cynthia McKinney,particularly since she has chosen Hip hop Activist Rosa Clements as her VP running mate. :banana:

Fanta the above includes you. Don't forget ...... Cynthia and Rosa for President and VP. pitchfork

no photo
Mon 07/14/08 12:36 AM
Madman..... Now that you have substituted George Bush's picture for your own, you look much much better. If you actually look like Bush, maybe it is possible you might find a girlfriend and won't have to make up an imaginary one.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25