Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 01:54 PM

I've got a hmmmm....question?

Has anyone made you a favorite, but hasn't spoken to you or friend requested you??

OR Have you made someone a favorite but haven't said jack to the person?

WHY?

DO you want them to contact you first to see if they are interested?

And for all those looky lous... who view but don't respond...
Sack up people! I want to hear from you too!

Yeah...i just don't get that adding as a favourite thingy.

Favourite what ffs? spock

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 01:49 PM
Time Lords??...as opposed to Time Ladies?

Yeah nah...Time Lords rolls off the tongue much better, as well as the lads being more pedantic at keeping time than the lasses.

hehehe...pedantic<<----<<<that's just a really nice way of saying someone is anally retentive.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 01:44 PM

My your a noisy bunch.....Sorceress is trying to sleep in the basement in her crypt....and all these matches keep falling through the cracks...what the bloody hell is goin on here eh?noway laugh

Be thankful you only got the matches and not the molotov cocktail he was brandishing the other day :wink:

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 01:37 PM

Men and women who cheat most?

hmmm...perhaps the men and women who cheat the most are the type that tire of the home cooked cuisine and look for a quick fix take-out meal.

I blame all the sugar in fast food indifferent

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 04:19 AM

Kinda like the Sasquatch thingy....they've had encounters and know it's there but can't quite get the hard evidence.

Mind you...if i were a Sasquatch (which is not too unbelievable in the winter time when my legs haven't seen the light of day or a razor for some time)...i would be avoiding the Sasquatch hunters too! Seriously...the amount of noise they create whilst in pursuit of "Ole Sassy" leaves me rolling around the floor in laughter. And what is with those hideous Sasquatch calls they do??

If Sasquatch isn't highly amused and entertained by their antics....i certainly am :-)....they're just too funny!

that's funny.. they say "ignorance is bliss".. I'm sure there's LOTSA people walkin around in pure bliss.. :wink:

I've heard tales of Bigfoot since as far back as I can remember.. here's one story I had heard about and found a short version online for..
“Albert Ostman Bigfoot Tale” - in 1924, Albert Ostman, a Scandinavian lumberjack, chose a wild area at the head of Toba Inlet on the Powell River for a combination vacation-prospecting trip. Somewhere near, there was a lost gold mine he wanted to find. From an old Indian he hired to take him up the fjord, he 1st heard of the giant Sasquatch, a name which means “wild men of the woods.” These creatures, hairy though they were, seemed human, and would carry him off and hold him captive for 7 days.""

there's a LOT of 'mysteries' in the world.. fascinating creatures, places, things.. with all this going on and SOOO much more.. it's beyond me how anyone can be so arrogant as to think we are alone in the universe ..

I think we're not ready to be able to meet and greet them in a civilised manner yet. I mean really....if someone came crashing through your home flashing cameras, poking, prodding, and putting you under the microscope to see what makes you tick...would you put out the welcome mat for them?

I beleive the mysteries are out there watching us and even perhaps waiting for us to grow up enough to accept all things that are 'different'before they will make themselves known. Ha!...i'm sure they can see quite clearly what we do to each other...why on earth would they want the same treatment?

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 04:07 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 01/16/13 04:08 AM
Oh joy...another battle of the sexes thread.

I'm off to the pub!

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/16/13 03:50 AM

Okay ladies, here's your chance. I've read some many posts about the head games men play. What are these games? Please, give some examples.

Was this thread really a chance for the ladies to voice their opinions honestly? Or was it really just another bait thread thrown out there as an opportunity to say how wrong we are about 'the games men play'?

I think there may be a lot of women that game themselves by investing too much emotionally too soon.

Have you discussed being mutually exclusive with him? Maybe you think your relationship with him is more than he thinks it is.

This isn't stringing her along because he thinks you're both just having a good time. You enjoy the time you spend together, but that's no reason to stop enjoying the time he may spend with other women

I do wonder...

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 05:39 PM

Oh don't hate the player, hate the game.

hahaha :thumbsup:

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 04:11 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Tue 01/15/13 04:12 PM
*throws a goldie in the jukebox on the way out*

Another for the pyro-dude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p9AiQ2MGK8

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 04:05 PM

There's a guy at work who's a whiny, backbiting little pissant.
A bunch of us were standing around discussing what a whiny, backbiting little pissant he is, when someone said he was passive/aggressive.

Somebody else asked just exactly what passive/aggressive means.

What does passive/aggressive mean to you? And has someones' passive/aggressive behavior ever ruined a relationship for you?

It means they will attack you indirectly with snide remarks and innuendos for the purpose of making you feel just as insecure as they do...but then try to pass it off as humour when it offends you, or it could be overt agressive i dunno....and it's fooked up many a relationship with both male and female, but whatever the hell it is...it can pizz off.

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:32 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Tue 01/15/13 03:34 PM
Ok I am in for Zee Pub I would like Rum and Coke with a lime. So what is the juicy gossip for the day in three words??

It's your shout! bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:30 PM
Fireworks = China

China...home to one of the biggest damn fences in the world. That would be one helluva walk no? Not to mention the history behind, and either side of that wall being absolutely fascinating.

Been there Z?

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 02:56 PM
Ok. Who's up for a round of "spin the pickle"?tongue laugh laugh

That's what Peter Piper said....and look what happened to his pecker!?!

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 02:33 PM
I think they see it as a 'threat to their manhood' when women grow horns and start spitting chips about sharing the workload. I've seen both men and women become disillusioned over time because one or the other is not pulling their weight to help maintain the balance in the house or the relationship.

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 02:21 PM
Jolly good :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 02:17 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Tue 01/15/13 02:19 PM
hmmm..petty and detrimental can cause a few problems, but then there are also some very serious mind games that some men play.

Some men just cannot or will not tolerate being told what to do by a woman...maybe because they've had some archaic upbringing where the mans word was 'final' in the house or for whatever other reason that makes him believe that his word is law. Thus follows the head games of keeping her in her place of servitude.

"What are you cooking for dinner"? (even though she's put in just as much hours as he has at work)

His idea of relaxing after a hard days work is to have his dinner cooked for him and then retire to his usual place of toes up on the sofa....perhaps a little messing about in the boudoir when the missus has finished doing the dinner dishes, ironing, laundry and any other household chores that need to be done before she has to get up and put in an average 8 hour day at work the next day. If she refuses his advances because she's just too tired, she is made to feel guilty and inadequate because she doesn't care about him enough.

And that's BC! (before children)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 01:23 PM

But seriously, I can't really change my personality to suit anybody. I maybe need a boot up the backside sometimes and for sure I would rather a woman just told me what she wants and what she thinks that I'm doing wrong in a relationship instead of expecting me to be able to read her mind but I think it's just the case that once you get to know somebody properly there are just going to be things about them that annoy you that didn't bother you when you first met them and it was all romantic and new and exciting.

See...now there's the thing. When i do speak my mind and tell a man that the underwear he leaves lying around, or the bad habit he has of tagging the porcelain goddess with his signature whenever he visits is most unattractive....suddenly i'm nagging??!!?? So...the dilemma is...do i say something and sound like a nag? Or do i put up with it until i can't stand it any longer? There is no head game...it's a simple case of say something or forever suffer in silence. I expect men have the same conundrum with the annoying little idiosyncracies that women come with. But those annoying little idionsyncracies can turn into an all out battle betwixt the sexes if they are not identified as being petty and detrimental to the relationship.

"Petty and detrimental" are the key words here.

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 12:55 PM

here's one for ya.. I spent all my summers on this lake growing up.. and I can GUARANTEE you this is REAL.. NOT a joke.. and I have living witnesses to confirm..

"Memphre of Magog Quebec" - Inland sea serpents are not unknown of in Canada. The story of the Memphe resembles very closely that of Ogopogo in central BC. Lake Memphremagog is a long finger-like running south from Magog, Quebec (near Sherbrooke) across the Canada/US border to about Newport, Vermont. Nestled in between mountains, the lake is both deep and cold. In the latter part of the 18th century stories of encounters by Indians with a giant sea creature began to emerge. In 1961 two fishermen saw a black creature about 40 feet (13 metres) long swimming, partially submerged, past their boat. In 1994 four persons in two separate boats reported a 30-foot-long (9.1 m), black, three-humped creature. Is the Memphre real or just another Mystery of Canada?

it's not 3 humped.. it's a long serpent type fish that roams the depths.. on my parents grave.. this sucker bumped me outta the water by about 3 feet while it rolled back into the deep.. scary? YOU BETCHA..

this is the lake

and this is Memphre..

kinda looks like the Loch Ness thingy huh.. ohwell

Kinda like the Sasquatch thingy....they've had encounters and know it's there but can't quite get the hard evidence.

Mind you...if i were a Sasquatch (which is not too unbelievable in the winter time when my legs haven't seen the light of day or a razor for some time)...i would be avoiding the Sasquatch hunters too! Seriously...the amount of noise they create whilst in pursuit of "Ole Sassy" leaves me rolling around the floor in laughter. And what is with those hideous Sasquatch calls they do??

If Sasquatch isn't highly amused and entertained by their antics....i certainly am :-)....they're just too funny!

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 12:48 PM

An Ostrich's Eye Is Bigger That It's Brain.

*blink blink*

Someone say chicken??

Actually there is a distant cousin of the Ostrich that once walked the land of the long white cloud (being New Zealand) called the Moa, which stood about 14ft on average (that's a whole lotta drumstick right thur!!), but it is now extinct on account of those blardi maoris having too many hangis....they probably couldn't ride it, so the next best thiing was to eat it! Sadly...it is no moa.

HOLY BAT-FEATHERS K.. noway imagine the eggs it layed surprised

you're just too funny laugh

Scrambled eggs for a week!! ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 01/15/13 12:45 PM
Ha!...you better be a damn good chess player. Knights are deceiving and can sneak up on you if you don't have your wits about you. :-)

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25