Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 01/04/13 04:33 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Fri 01/04/13 04:51 AM
I wanna and am gunna do Europe in 2015. The Rugby World Cup is being held in England that year, so it's a good enough excuse for me to get my behind over there and check Europe out. Seriously...i'm fascinated with all that history they got going on over there.

And hey...i'll be happy to show you around down under if and when you decide to make the trip across. I think you might like the diversity of Melbourne...tis one big melting pot of different cultures. Truly...tis like venturing into mini countries as you pass through various suburbs.

But if a true blue outback experience is what tickles your fancy...then you can't go past the Northern Territory and its vastness. I particularly like the laid back tropical city of Darwin and its colourful people (hippies...although they call them 'alternative lifestylers' these days...*ahem*) which looks out over the East Timor Sea and the contrast of the outback as its back yard, where you can experience such wonderlands as Kakadu and its aboriginal rock art which has been dated back thousands of years...believe me when i say that it is truly a privilege Z, if not an experience, as you walk through that land where they walked thousands of years before. Then there is Litchfield National Park which has some of the most beautiful rockpools and waterfalls in the middle of nowhere that will simply take your breath away. Most of the rockpools are safe to swim in, although there are freshwater crocs swimming in these pools, but they're so timid that you never see them. The salt water crocs or 'salties' as they're referred to, are the buggars you just don't want to mess with. But apart from all that...i consider the Territory as my winter escape. I'll post a few pics...when i can find what i've done with them :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 01/04/13 03:33 AM

A real man can drink Kahurangi under the table. Unfortunately I fall a little short (pardon the pun)

Oh!....well now...

I quite suspect a real man would have me on the table rather than under it.

laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:11 AM

You're not trying to feed me quiche, are you?

Never!....quiche is for the quaint of heart ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:07 AM
Ever thought of using a little sandpaper to smooth back the Draco?

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:03 AM

I am still looking for the TV remote

It's quite possible wedged betwixt the sofa seats after the last time you went to sleep holding onto it for dear life ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 01/03/13 10:52 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Thu 01/03/13 10:53 AM
N'mind...

Ha!

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 01/03/13 10:51 AM
Tis Freaky Friday for me Z...and she's shaping up to be a hot one. 40 plus degrees in that there celcius and the main thing on the mind is keeping cool. Days like these i'm glad to be going to work in an air con office....although being poolside works for me as well. Beach is another option, which is 5 mins by car if i can be bothered with sand...mind you...the entertainment value of people watching on the beach can ease the sweltering somewhat. It still amazes me how parents can lug half the household and 2-3 kids down to the beach, and spend more time setting up beach shelter, esky, chairs...slapping sunscreen on the ruggies and chasing them around for a couple of hours and then pack everything up and haul it back to their vehicle with wailing kids in tow, only to look more hot and bothered than when they arrived. They're true champions...truly they are!

Have a cool Thursday :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 11:24 AM
Would it make you less nervous if i also threw in a holster with an egg flip in it? :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 11:17 AM
Don't sweat it Hipster...i gots me a frying pan with your name on it ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 11:12 AM

pfft,real men make their woman get in the kitchen and fix them some dinner smokin

Ha!...real men don't "have to make" their women do anything...

They do it because they want to.

Actually real men help, just to be close to her, unless it involves quiche....

Very true....let's cook some eggs!! :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 11:02 AM

pfft,real men make their woman get in the kitchen and fix them some dinner smokin

Ha!...real men don't "have to make" their women do anything...

They do it because they want to.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 10:56 AM
Hey Z...and a very hippy hoppy new year to all.

3 days into a brand new year and ima still on the ice water after a somewhat blurry if not fluffy end to 2012. Yeah...i'll be happy not to see another mojito, toblerone or whatever that pink stuff was in my glass. But hey ho...i survived another year!!

Off to the races for another round of clinking and cheering under the marquee in a couple of weeks....i ought to have pulled myself together by then.

Ha!...bring on the giddy-up!

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 01/02/13 10:24 AM

Hi, was on another but similar thread and someone bragged on how he slept with Lesbians. Being around the block I have met both Lesbians and Bisexual women. But seriously if a Lady goes that way is there anything any guy can do to change her. I say NO!

I say why would any man attempt to??

Seriously.....

Kahurangi's photo
Sat 12/29/12 06:35 AM
I'm always a mixed bag when it comes to Auld lang syne. Although i think i can manage being in the pink for one night ;-)

Ha!...pink wig and outrageously long pink eyelashes will no doubt set the mood for a night of celebrating come New Years Eve. Tis the morning after that i'm most concerned about. One has to plan a hangover these days.

Traditional Scots version...

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days o’ lang syne!

Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne,
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet
For auld lang syne!

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pu’d the gowans fine,
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary foot
Sin’ auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl’t in the burn
Frae morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
Sin’ auld lang syne.

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere,
And gie’s a hand o’ thine,
And we’ll tak a right guid willie-waught
For auld lang syne!

And surely ye’ll be your pint’ stoup,
And surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet
For auld lang syne!

Modern English version....

Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And days of long ago!

Chorus:
For times gone by, my dear
For times gone by,
We will take a cup of kindness yet
For times gone by.

We two have run about the hillsides
And pulled the daisies fine,
But we have wandered many a weary foot
For times gone by.

We two have paddled (waded) in the stream
From noon until dinner time,
But seas between us broad have roared
Since times gone by.

And there is a hand, my trusty friend,
And give us a hand of yours,
And we will take a goodwill drink (of ale)
For times gone by!

And surely you will pay for your pint,
And surely I will pay for mine!
And we will take a cup of kindness yet
For times gone by!

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 01:32 PM
I dunno...i'm rather dubious of swapping spit with a bearded bloke. He may have monkeys swinging around like Tarzan in all that facial hair.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 01:13 PM

not if this WEATHER keeps up noway it's currently feels like -20C with the windshield factor.. and we went from a dusting of snow (you could still see green lawn) to about 1.5 meters overnight :cry: I was like HOLY CRAPPY DO BATMAN surprised then "OKAY people.. you can STOP wishing for a WHITE CHRISTMAS NOW :angry: unless of course ya wanna come over and shovel bigsmile laugh

so any plans are on hold at the moment.. however if things let up.. there's a dinner with friends that I wouldn't mind getting to!

hows about you.. what's shakin out your way?

:wink:

Forecast for NY down under is expected to be around 33 degrees(yep...that would be celcius)...we be shakin at a cocktail party where the theme is 'pink' I'm just not a pink girl i'm afraid....it clashes with my hair. Perhaps a pink wig maybe?? But anyhoo....

Kicking 2012 out the door....

And bringing in 2013...

will be enjoyable nonetheless.

bigsmile drinker

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:50 PM
Man IS immortal. We, as a species have managed to escape extinction.

What makes us so damn special??

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:33 PM

And if she slaps you for saying what that metal piggy suggests, then tell her it must have been her feet and walk away. Now if she doesn't knock you the hell out for saying that, she'll buy you a drink. Either way...you got nothing to lose, so you may as well go for broke.

Oops K,
I hadn't noticed ya used that joke till just now.
HNY

Welllll...someone had to ;-)

VHNY backatcha! drinker

Ima wondering if the OP has done an action jackson on that dilemma yet.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:27 PM
Ha!...I've looked like that a couple of times the morning after a new year celebration...ummmmmm.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:05 PM
Do you come with roti? :-)