Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/16/12 02:56 PM

Recently watched a program about "Catfish" Posters; people who pretend to be someone they are not even cross gender and it really made me wonder how many times there are people out there that just do it as a form of "entertainment"? I generally figure if some one is not getting serious about communicateing in person or at least on camera (which makes lieing MUCH harder) after a reasonable period they are this kind of on-line creep and ditch them but wonder how many of these "catfish" are in the pond?

Or "sock puppets"...as they are sometimes known as. "Trolls" are a more familiar term.

Created mainly for entertainment i think, because it amuses them to post shocking questions and responses to questions purely for the results they get back.

Ha!...some have even gone to the trouble of giving themselves a title of "Transactional Expert"

Unfortunately, there is no way to eliminate these bothersome creatures in a forum, but if they contact you, the only way to ensure they are genuine is to get them on cam or phone. Guaranteed they will disappear very quickly if they aren't genuine.

Some are quite entertaining to mess with, whilst others are just a pain in the arse and aren't amusing at all...although they are under the misconception that they are.

Oh yeah...some will create fake profiles to troll their own well know profile on a forum as a 'wingman' or 'wingwoman' to create a false belief that they are 'popular'...which i find rather disturbing, if not entertaining.

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/16/12 01:35 PM

When we came back from Jamaica last night, I said to the Customs officer "Thank you and have a good night, sir". It caught him so off guard that he actually sat there with his mouth open for like ten seconds before replied "And you too....thank you for saying that!!"

It took two seconds and eight words to make someone feel good....I think we can all handle that.

Agreed...it takes little effort. Heck, even a smile can make a difference.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/14/12 04:17 PM

I personally enjoy a cross-section of bands in most genres but recently I'm on a massive metal kick.

Some of my favourite bands in this genre include:
Slipknot
Metallica
Iron Maiden
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Korn
Dream Theater
Mastodon
Rage Against the Machine
Cradle of Filth
Disturbed
Morbid Angel
Rob Zombie
Meshuggah
Chelsea Grin
Marilyn Manson

Does anyone have any favourite bands/artists/tracks along these lines?

I enjoy a broad range too and dislike being stuck on the same genre, so prefer to mix it up. But the following are some of my faves.

ACDC
Pantera
Lamb of God
Trivium
Black Label Society (love Zakk Wylde)

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 12/14/12 02:05 PM
My deepest sympathy for the loss of your children America sad2

Peace

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 02:01 PM
I call my dog Dim Sim when he does something naughty.

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:57 PM
B key works just fine when someone else pushes it laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:43 PM
Sohan Halwa *slurp*

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:31 PM
You have a recipe for that too?

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:19 PM
That would explain the furballs...

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:15 PM
A well made baklava...i do enjoy with coffee

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:14 PM
Snappy lil thang aincha? :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:08 PM
Holy Hektor Funchy...you're like a dog with a bone! laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 01:03 PM
Welllll...you can always change your name to Sahib.

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 12:47 PM
So then...about that picture...

I kinda like putting a face to the whine...ya know? :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 12/13/12 12:34 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Thu 12/13/12 12:45 PM
I agree!...the least he could do was bring a cracker or two.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 04:32 PM
There doesn't appear to be any room for compromise in there.

I do however, agree with learning from a pet in the sense that one can always do what dogs do.

Kick some grass over that crap and move on.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:53 PM

yawn

SIr, can you please go and yawn in the other room, You may wake the cat...laugh

Shux...i thought he was catching flies.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:47 PM

fact 2 we all have that 1 friend who enter ua house and go straight 2 open ur fridge

haha...yep i agree with that fact.

Fact: Prez here is a bold poster.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:35 PM

I thought every male from the age of 14 onwards jerked off at some stage. I could be wrong.

At some stage. On some stage. Under some stage.
When I found out what that littlle pecker could do, I wore the skin off it.:banana: pitchfork

laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:34 PM
ahhh...you may enjoy a koeksister then :-)