Community > Posts By > RKISIT

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 12:30 PM

The answer was the second law of thermodynamics, which is a descriptive law (as is ALL of science). What does all of thermodynamics describe? Energy transfer within the universe.

THAT is why it is nonsense when discussing the origin of energy, or the universe. Because the context of the law is within the universe, no before, not outside, not dealing in causes of the universe.

A simple misunderstanding, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. If energy has always existed, then the amount of entropy would be far higher than it currently is. Yes, I am aware that a team of physicists determined that the universe has 30x more entropy than expected, but that is locked up in super massive black holes and doesn't count as the background entropy that we would expect to find if energy had existed infinitely.

Even in a heat death scenario energy still exists, it may not be usable, but it exists. You have made this error before in the exact same conversation, been schooled then and still did not understand.

No, I understand that completely. We argued for like 10 pages until you finally admitted that Entropy could not be converted back into matter.
Well if entropy doesn't start kicking in soon in this enclosed universe we are in then the dark matter/dark energy is going to push us right out of the enclosed universe.

Every moment of your life, you are creating entropy. If you want to reject accepted science, that's your business.
i'm not rejecting it Spider i'm refering to all the hot stuff in the universe better use up the dark energy or it's gonna push us out of this enclosed universe people seem to think we are in.

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 12:19 PM

The answer was the second law of thermodynamics, which is a descriptive law (as is ALL of science). What does all of thermodynamics describe? Energy transfer within the universe.

THAT is why it is nonsense when discussing the origin of energy, or the universe. Because the context of the law is within the universe, no before, not outside, not dealing in causes of the universe.

A simple misunderstanding, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. If energy has always existed, then the amount of entropy would be far higher than it currently is. Yes, I am aware that a team of physicists determined that the universe has 30x more entropy than expected, but that is locked up in super massive black holes and doesn't count as the background entropy that we would expect to find if energy had existed infinitely.

Even in a heat death scenario energy still exists, it may not be usable, but it exists. You have made this error before in the exact same conversation, been schooled then and still did not understand.

No, I understand that completely. We argued for like 10 pages until you finally admitted that Entropy could not be converted back into matter.
Well if entropy doesn't start kicking in soon in this enclosed universe we are in then the dark matter/dark energy is going to push us right out of the enclosed universe.

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:45 AM

The law of conservation of mass, also known as the principle of mass/matter conservation, states that the mass of an isolated system (closed to all matter and energy) will remain constant over time. This principle is equivalent to the conservation of energy, in the sense when energy or mass is enclosed in a system and none is allowed in or out, its quantity cannot otherwise change (hence, its quantity is "conserved"). The mass of an isolated system cannot be changed as a result of processes acting inside the system. The law implies that mass cannot be created or destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space and changed into different types of particles; and that for any chemical process in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.

This can be argued with the theory that our universe is expanding according to science.

Ummmm....no. The Second Law of Thermodynamics invalidates that law. Now if you said "Conservation of Mass and Energy", you would be correct.
Spider theres also dark matter to take into consideration in that theory of the expanding universe whats forcing the universe to expand?

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:42 AM

this can be argued with the theory that our universe is expanding according to science.

By expanding, they mean that its travelling outwards, the scientists don't mean that there is more matter observed over time. As I said, this would break one of the basic laws of physics, the law of conservation of energy/mass.

Hallelula! Atheists also believe in miracles, the spontaneous creation of matter from nothing that breaks well established and scientific laws of physics. Welcome to the world of the supernatural :) lol
there is no proof that it came from nothing. just a speculation from scientists, like the god theory. if it fits, it must be true. I don't believe in either, by the way...

Sorry I don't get the argument that matter or energy just always existed. There had to be an origin.
So whats the origin of your divine deity?

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:27 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Fri 05/25/12 10:32 AM
The law of conservation of mass, also known as the principle of mass/matter conservation, states that the mass of an isolated system (closed to all matter and energy) will remain constant over time. This principle is equivalent to the conservation of energy, in the sense when energy or mass is enclosed in a system and none is allowed in or out, its quantity cannot otherwise change (hence, its quantity is "conserved"). The mass of an isolated system cannot be changed as a result of processes acting inside the system. The law implies that mass cannot be created or destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space and changed into different types of particles; and that for any chemical process in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.

This can be argued with the theory that our universe is expanding according to science.

RKISIT's photo
Fri 05/25/12 04:12 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Fri 05/25/12 04:52 AM
Howzit i understand why you think a creator is involved because science hasn't figured out how the molecules send protein with the important information for the developement of life forms.When they do though will you still think a creator is envolved?
It's basically what your saying you just like to detail it more.
Actually i think a few generations will come and go before they figure it out so forget about the question i asked.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 05:23 PM

It's just sad to see science that was once labeled evil by christians is now being used to try and prove their myth is an existing myth.

Some of the greatest scientists in history were Christians, get out of here with this crap. Don't you have anything better to do than to spread lies and misinformation?

I think it would have been more useful if he had specified the time period and the subset of Christians. I thought he was talking about the last 50 years in certain parts of the US. I think he's mistaken, because those same Christian communities who were attacking science, say, 40 years ago, for the most part, are still attacking science.

And all the while there are other communities of Christians that have embraced more science - the entire time.

I suppose there may be some discourse communities of anti-evolutionists who have shifted their approach a bit to embrace more of the science (while preserving their anti-evolutionist position)... but I only see that as a 'good thing'.
Tennessees Butler Act...haha

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 02:14 PM
Edited by RKISIT on Thu 05/24/12 02:31 PM
The reason i told Howzit he was full of crapm cause he left out alot in his post.he didn't say that neanderthals and humans walked together and mated.He didn't mention that hominids are fossils that show the evolution of neanderthals.He keeps pumping his DNA theory thinking it leads to his proof.Problem is he seems to not realize that humans came from neanderthals which we have very similar DNA with.Theres also is the possibility that other Neanderthal like people walked the earth cause of how by race our bone structures are different.
People who study skeletal remains can identify a race by distinct differences in their bone structures.Why would God do that?He just used vague DNA crap to make his claim.There is alot more to evolution then just DNA.
Now with that typed i'm going to play Diablo 3.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 07:47 AM

It's just sad to see science that was once labeled evil by christians is now being used to try and prove their myth is an existing myth.

Some of the greatest scientists in history were Christians, get out of here with this crap. Don't you have anything better to do than to spread lies and misinformation?
this coming from a man that claimed Darwin was never a christian.Spider i'm not spreading lies you just want to claim your precious religion as never doing any wrong.In the past scientist were scared to come out with their theories do to being persecuted.Creationist and Jesus freaks claim that nonchristian scientist are trying to prove the bible wrong.So i can't make that claim about your kind.has this site become Christian Mingle part 2 all of a sudden?

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 06:41 AM

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (hint: atoms)

You know the way this is worded it seems more as if Gods words,which you can't see physically,created everything.Just sayin.
i could even say the Hebrews got wind of Democritus atom theory and claimed God created the atom,the bible after all was written after Democritus was dead.Democritus did travel alot.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 05:05 AM

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (hint: atoms)

You know the way this is worded it seems more as if Gods words,which you can't see physically,created everything.Just sayin.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 04:35 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Thu 05/24/12 04:37 AM

It's even sadder to see that you do not welcome religion's embrace of science which is the very lack that Christians are normally criticised for. Your approach surprises me, it's like your atheistic belief systems are threatened when Christians delve into science and therefore all you can resort to is needless insults. It's an enlightening approach, enlightening to me that is.
No science threatens christianity well actually the whole Abrahamic Religion Trilogy thats why it was considered evil.Science has embraced Deity believers but now it has came to a point where they are trying to use it to prove their is NO other option but God did it.Example of this would be you.

I have placed the two theories on nearly equal footing empirically, I have never said no other option. I said I personally feel the evidence favours creation.
Ok i'm back for a brief minute,yes you did lay down 2 theories and of course you are going to say the evidence leads to creation.Theres 2 different types of creation theres God as the creator or theres the elements that exist on the planet.So you choose God.I choose the elements thats came to be during the formation of our planet(billions of years ago) and the beginning process of life(100's of millions of years ago).Is there any need for anymore debating?Seems to me this about sums it up.You choose the God theory,i choose the elements and chemicals of the earth creating life theory.It's a draw.Ooops forgot the third creation theory offspings of aliens that once visited here.indifferent

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 03:02 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Thu 05/24/12 03:06 AM
Do you also realise that the Bible does not specify a world-wide flood?

The bible is a book on how you want to interpret it,thats why it's not reliable cause it' leaves people open to interpretation and to make money off of it cause of that. .Dude i don't have no more time for this back and forth **** i think your beliefs are a joke and you think my atheism bluntness is a joke so anyways enjoy your day i really have to go back to work.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 02:47 AM
Anyways i gotta go to work it was fun...cya.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 02:45 AM

Spider i posted to show the similarities i didn't post it to say it was about Jesus,your defending Jesus like you met him for coffee or read a book he ACTUALLY wrote.Dam Spider relax it's just hocus pocus religious crap.You seem to forget your religion isn't the only one that exist.

I'm butting in here because of your rude comment about my religion being hocus pocus religious crap.

There's two theories here:
1) a supreme being just always exists
2) Matter continuously spontaneously creates itself, and life also spontaneously creates itself.

Both are miraculous and statistically illogical, because where did the supreme being come from? But then how did matter and life form? Whatever you believe is hocus pocus , supernatural, unbelievable, but the fact is that matter exists and life exists, therefore a miracle has occurred that is statistically impossible. The fact that miracles do occur in our lives, that the bible does prophesy the future, that many humans on earth have had some close encounter with the spiritual world starts to push the logic of miraculous beginnings in the favour of a creator. Call it "religious crap", its more logical than "atheistic miracles" which you believe in.
I'm getting ready for work and i think you're full of crap cause you seem to just limit yourself to 1 BS logical answer(in your own mind) and it's a myth.There are more options than just your logical fantasy claim.Theres the infinite universe,theres that matter as a whole has always existed,yes it isn't eternal as individual matter but as a whole it's always existed.You just limit yourself to God and throw science in the mix to a religion that once believed atoms didn't even exist.
You use science to TRY and link it to your myth if you manipulate it enough YOU may end up believing it.Remember science has been proving science wrong and physics has been proven physics wrong.Your DNA crap you THINK may only lead to a creator but you do know that everything in DNA is found here right on earth and in the universe.A creator just didn't go "poof there it is" we are a mixture of elements and chemicals not desert sand.You're right where did the creator come from?
To believe man came from dust instead of life coming from water isn't a miracle it's stories from dumba s s uneducated Hebrews that stole most of their religion from the babylonians,sumerians..etc.As for your christian beliefs your religion along with islam had a habit of using threats to get peoople to convert.So take your theories and your religion and shove'em.Spider ain't no better he didn't even know Darwin was once a christian.He thinks he's smart cause all his answers are a type and click away.

Here's something for you to ignore...

"You just limit yourself to God and throw science in the mix to a religion that once believed atoms didn't even exist."

Hebrews 11:3
King James Version (KJV)

You seem to be confused about the difference between what people say vs what is written in the Bible. I am well aware of how people have used misinterpretations and/or outright lies to persuade people into believing all kinds of crazy things. But, for a non-Christian to do it, well, that just proves to me that most people who claimed to have read the Bible, really haven't.

Do you also realise that the Bible does not specify a world-wide flood?

(feel free to claim it was just a joke and run from this challenge)

so you're taking a verse and claiming it to be about atoms,thats what everyone else does.Takes a verse and interprets it their way.You didn't do anything different.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 02:37 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Thu 05/24/12 02:38 AM

It's even sadder to see that you do not welcome religion's embrace of science which is the very lack that Christians are normally criticised for. Your approach surprises me, it's like your atheistic belief systems are threatened when Christians delve into science and therefore all you can resort to is needless insults. It's an enlightening approach, enlightening to me that is.
No science threatens christianity well actually the whole Abrahamic Religion Trilogy thats why it was considered evil.Science has embraced Deity believers but now it has came to a point where they are trying to use it to prove their is NO other option but God did it.Example of this would be you.

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 02:04 AM

RKISIT's photo
Thu 05/24/12 01:34 AM
Edited by RKISIT on Thu 05/24/12 01:54 AM

Spider i posted to show the similarities i didn't post it to say it was about Jesus,your defending Jesus like you met him for coffee or read a book he ACTUALLY wrote.Dam Spider relax it's just hocus pocus religious crap.You seem to forget your religion isn't the only one that exist.

I'm butting in here because of your rude comment about my religion being hocus pocus religious crap.

There's two theories here:
1) a supreme being just always exists
2) Matter continuously spontaneously creates itself, and life also spontaneously creates itself.

Both are miraculous and statistically illogical, because where did the supreme being come from? But then how did matter and life form? Whatever you believe is hocus pocus , supernatural, unbelievable, but the fact is that matter exists and life exists, therefore a miracle has occurred that is statistically impossible. The fact that miracles do occur in our lives, that the bible does prophesy the future, that many humans on earth have had some close encounter with the spiritual world starts to push the logic of miraculous beginnings in the favour of a creator. Call it "religious crap", its more logical than "atheistic miracles" which you believe in.
I'm getting ready for work and i think you're full of crap cause you seem to just limit yourself to 1 BS logical answer(in your own mind) and it's a myth.There are more options than just your logical fantasy claim.Theres the infinite universe,theres that matter as a whole has always existed,yes it isn't eternal as individual matter but as a whole it's always existed.You just limit yourself to God and throw science in the mix to a religion that once believed atoms didn't even exist.
You use science to TRY and link it to your myth if you manipulate it enough YOU may end up believing it.Remember science has been proving science wrong and physics has been proven physics wrong.Your DNA crap you THINK may only lead to a creator but you do know that everything in DNA is found here right on earth and in the universe.A creator just didn't go "poof there it is" we are a mixture of elements and chemicals not desert sand.You're right where did the creator come from?
To believe man came from dust instead of life coming from water isn't a miracle it's stories from dumba s s uneducated Hebrews that stole most of their religion from the babylonians,sumerians..etc.As for your christian beliefs your religion along with islam had a habit of using threats to get peoople to convert.So take your theories and your religion and shove'em.Spider ain't no better he didn't even know Darwin was once a christian.He thinks he's smart cause all his answers are a type and click away.

RKISIT's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:47 PM
Edited by RKISIT on Wed 05/23/12 12:52 PM

Similarities that don't exist. But then you get all butt hurt and cry that I'm being "kind of lame" when I point out that those similaries don't exist and were invented from thin air in an attempt to discredit Christianity and discourage people from believing. Why do you care if people become or stay Christians? Why do you hate Christianity so much that you would knowingly push historical lies?
uh i think your religion is one big myth so what's your point,if christians believe in their faith so be it. i'm not trying to convert people.As i stated your religion isn't the only religion and i believe all the other Deity driven religions are myth too.Not just christianity.I have made comments about Islam and Hebrew mythology also.It's all mythology so it all basically is lies.

RKISIT's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:30 PM
Edited by RKISIT on Wed 05/23/12 12:35 PM

lol....i knew you'd pick that one out.Even Odesyss story isn't all true.ok so 8 out of 10 ain't bad your not getting the point the stories of the others are similar to the story of jesus,i knew about the Horus story yeah it's false but my point in posting that is about the others.i'm pointing out that other religions before christianity had similar stories.

Pick one, I'll rip it apart. I'm not going to do all of them.
so you want to get into a wiki battle to discredit one another.Kind of lame ain't it.

So you are going to post a link filled with BS about Jesus just being a copy of 10 figures from mythology and then say it's "kind of lame" for me wanting to show why those mythological stories are nothing like Jesus? whoa

That's really screwed up man. You need to learn how to be reasonable. If you already knew that your link was BS, you shouldn't have posted it.