Community > Posts By > AllenAqua

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 02/01/11 09:45 AM

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 01/31/11 06:00 PM

One can be en educated idiot. An uneducated idiot. Also very bright but not educated. In other words having an education does not automatically mean you are not also an idiot!

So true... I lived and worked in Gainsville Florida for several years. Home to the University Of Florida. As a contractor I'd deal on a daily basis with professors and University staff and sometimes I'd end up wanting to pull my hair out over how they couldn't seem to grasp some of the most basic practical matters concerning a project they'd hired me to complete.

It was like they had their heads so far up in the clouds that they couldn't fathom why I couldn't just snap my fingers to get things done.

In one memorable instance I had built a dormer onto a roof over a new home office. I managed to complete it up to a point without having to enter the house but when it came time to do the inside work, which was clearly spelled out in my written proposal and verbally confirmed before I began, this lofty minded professer became almost Irate by the fact that I had to actually come in to do the interior finish work.

I made it as painless as possible and finished the job, but even though his more down to earth wife apologized for his rude and condescending attitude with me after that point, I prudently declined from working for him again.

It's like... Sheesh already... frustrated

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 01/31/11 05:40 PM
Edited by AllenAqua on Mon 01/31/11 05:41 PM

"And therein lies the rub. We do indeed need each other or else the human race is by default doomed in its evolutionary cycle.

I did nothing to hinder the female struggle. I never sent slaves into the lion's den. I never killed a baby harp seal. I did not contribute to anyone's past failed relationships but my own and those involved. I've never subscribed to the belief that women are any less capable or righteously deserving than men, let alone the misogynistic notion that women should be "baby making machines and house cleaners".

Playing the gender card is fine if your going against those trying to oppress you to their advantage, imaginary or real, but using it in debate with those who, if anything, support your rights is nonproductive at best.

I applaud and celebrate your accomplishments. It takes moxie to stand up for yourself, no matter who you are. I humbly appreciate and thank you for your service. I also served on a combat ship, by the way...

Hooray for your continuing struggle. I mean that sincerely. I mean it as much as I have hope for the human race.

Please don't underestimate my capacity for empathy, and also please don't throw the baby out with the bath water in your considerations about "most men" in regard to any supposed lack in their understanding that equal means equal."

"So, you are saying we need each other simply to populate the planet? Is that the only reason we are together? I thought there just might be more like companionship, loving each other, supporting each other. There has to be more of a reason to be together than popping out babies. So, no I stand by my principle that we don't need each other but rather we want each other. So what are you feeling about Lesbians and Gay men? They certainly don't need the opposite sex. Need means you are needy and this puts a strain on a relationship. I know I couldn't be with a needy man; it would be more like babysitting.

The human race unfortunately won't survive anyways but that is another discussion. My comment was "most men" and thank goodness its not all men. Our generation is slow adapting but there are some still some dinosaurs out there that swallow the tripe our parents taught us about our roles of men and women. My comment about being baby making machines wasn't directed at you persay but that was the common belief by our parents who unfortunately have passed on this crap onto their children. Some men have the smarts to decide for their own to look at things differently while others indeed are stuck in the past. I wasn't at any time playing the gender card but just replying to your comment that we lost something with Liberation. You made a general statement based purely on your own experiences that as we get older we aren't as feminine. Can I safely say that as men get older they get abusive? I have had quite a few abusive relationships with men like that. It isn't fair to judge all men by my own experiences. I just had a bad run of luck as you did with the women you have dated. I can't judge all men by the ones I date or the ones that continually bash feminism. I do see it more in our generation but seeing the younger generation of men being a lot more open to the concept of women doing more with their lives.

Thank you for supporting me in my struggle to go out and live my life as I was meant to be. I meant in no way to attack you but sweetestgirl had a point in "generalization". I tried not to do that but sometimes it does slip out. Feminism or Liberation is not a bad thing and I personally get tired of hearing how it messed up the man/woman relationship from men that truly don't have a clue about what it means to us women. I for one think its great that we can walk away from an abusive relationship rather than living in hell because we can't stand on our own. I just don't know why its such a bad thing for women to ask for the same basic human rights that men have and not be attacked for it.

I think you are a nice guy even if we do agree to disagree. I do hope you meet that special someone that will compliment your life and make you happy. Cheers."

I'm actually not disagreeing with you. I never said that women lose their feminine qualities as the age. I said in my experience some women seem to lose some femininity as they age.

This isn't a general blanket statement. It's specific to my opinion about some of the ladies I know and have known.

One example is someone I've known for over twenty years. Another is my own sister. Yet another is someone I've known since high school.

Some women do become less modest, less graceful, less affectionate, less confiding, less pleasure loving and less effeminate.

If I'd really made a general statement, then maybe I'd deserve the backlash, but I didn't...

In any case I've enjoyed the interchange and suspect that you are a nice person as well.

I also wish you success in your life and hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers :smile:

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 07:48 PM

Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE women. It's just my opinion that as well as gaining much by winning their "liberation", they also may have lost much in the process which may not be completely apparent.
Women have innate strengths and courage of a different type than men which will always be equal to if not greater than than us (men). These attributes aren't meant to be competitive with each other, but to enhance and balance each other.

Mingle Ladies flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker

I think most men miss the whole meaning of liberation. We just want the basic human right to work in the same fields as men and get fair pay. I have seen many women stuck in extremely abusive or loveless relationships as they don't have the skills or the strength to leave their partners. I served on a combat ship to fulfill my dream; not to demean a man or say I was better than him. Men look at liberation as a threat to them as they feel they are not needed when a woman is liberated. I think its silly when a man thinks that way and he needs to get with the times. I see the next generation of men being alot more open minded than this generation about liberated women. I think the ladies will be very lucky indeed to not have to fight for the right to be treated like a person and not a second class citizen. Personally we all (men and women) need to be able to stand on our own without needing the opposite sex. We should be with each other because we want to and love them; not because of being needy. As a couple we should be able to do things for each other or work together. Liberation didn't make women lose anything; in fact it gave us more options than just being baby making machines and house cleaners.

And therein lies the rub. We do indeed need each other or else the human race is by default doomed in its evolutionary cycle.
Coming to terms with one another s modern "enlightened" status is critical if harmony is desired. It's only through harmony that trust and mutual understanding can flourish.
In that pursuit, we should give each other credit where credit is due, along with the willingness to engage thoughtfully with each other without our dialog degrading into falsely placed resentment attached to past experience with those not present.
I did nothing to hinder the female struggle. I never sent slaves into the lion's den. I never killed a baby harp seal. I did not contribute to anyone's past failed relationships but my own and those involved. I've never subscribed to the belief that women are any less capable or righteously deserving than men, let alone the misogynistic notion that women should be "baby making machines and house cleaners".

Playing the gender card is fine if your going against those trying to oppress you to their advantage, imaginary or real, but using it in debate with those who, if anything, support your rights is nonproductive at best.

I applaud and celebrate your accomplishments. It takes moxie to stand up for yourself, no matter who you are. I humbly appreciate and thank you for your service. I also served on a combat ship, by the way...

I'm not out to put or keep a woman down. I do understand the meaning of the utmost importance that both the sexes, all other things being equal, share equally according to their abilities.

The word "should" more often than not has little to do with what IS in almost any given situation.

Hooray for your continuing struggle. I mean that sincerely. I mean it as much as I have hope for the human race.

Please don't underestimate my capacity for empathy, and also please don't throw the baby out with the bath water in your considerations about "most men" in regard to any supposed lack in their understanding that equal means equal.

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 05:57 PM
Prayers, thoughts & sincere condolences are with you all.:heart:

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 05:52 PM
One more statement regarding the war of the sexes.

There's not a man on this planet that can stare me down into subjugation. I'd rather die than bow down, but I will concede that the wrong look or even a sigh from a woman I care about can make me doubt myself and weak in the knees.

Therein lies a woman's strength over my own...

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 05:43 PM
I think it's only modern society that allows women to think they're above being weak, timid or nerveless.
Chivalry is the law of the land, but not the law of the jungle. If society degenerates, so will the paradigm that the female of the species is equal in strength, boldness or courage. Of course there will always be exceptions and it would be ludicrous to make this a general statement about all women, past, present or future.

Of course once that happened (God forbid), a large percentage of men who are conditioned by a soft (fair) society would also be at risk of losing equality, insomuch as they'd be unequipped to effectively cope with the harsh new reality of only the strong survive.

In that case, at least women would be able to fall back on the abilities of their men but I'm not sure how it would work out for the effeminate men of that hypothetical situation.

I suppose one could study prison population data to ascertain to some degree what might happen.

Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE women. It's just my opinion that as well as gaining much by winning their "liberation", they also may have lost much in the process which may not be completely apparent.
Women have innate strengths and courage of a different type than men which will always be equal to if not greater than than us (men). These attributes aren't meant to be competitive with each other, but to enhance and balance each other.

I am NOT attempting to degrade or disparage the modern female. I'm only making what I consider to be reasonable and logical statements on the matter.

Please forgive if I've ruffled any feathers in the process.

Mingle Ladies flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 11:36 AM

Chattanooga Tennessee,

Chattanooga is located in the southeast corner of the state, near the state lines of Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina.

It's rich in Civil War history and has rivers, mountains, lakes and stream.

The city has made an amazing turn around since the 60's when it was designated as "one of the worst cities" in America to live. The title came from the terrible air pollution that was almost constantly visible, being that Chattanooga lies in a valley.

Since the 60's, there has been much improvement in air quality as well as development and revitalization of the downtown area, especially along both sides of the river downtown. It steadily attracts tourism and is known as "The Scenic City".

There's plenty to see and do for all ages and types. If you like hiking, camping, rafting, kayaking, water skiing, or even hang gliding or spelunking, you'll find it close by.

There's also the symphony, a sports arena, museums, fine dining as well as a new world class aquarium.

People are friendly, the weather is usually moderate, and the area's attracting new business regularly. A new Volkswagon plant was recently built here and just went online.

It's not a bad place to live and I've lived in Seattle, Los Angeles, Taos NM., Orlando, Denver, Colorado Springs and Chicago.

Spent alot of time in Chattanooga. Great city.......smokin

Ya'll come back now... Ya'hear? :thumbsup: drinker

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 11:34 AM
I don't care about karaoke, but I love to sing while accompanying myself on guitar.

I don't care about unicorns, but I love horses.

I don't care about spectator sports, but I love participating in sports.

I don't care for swimming in the ocean, but I love scuba diving in the ocean.

I don't care about romance, but I do care about chemistry.

I don't care about getting old, but I do care about feeling that I missed something.

smokin

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 11:14 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sun 01/30/11 11:21 AM

oh.
copy and paste.
ha.
i don't deserve credit.

Well, it's a touching story.

It would have been nice, had you used quotation marks.

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 11:11 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sun 01/30/11 11:12 AM
Quite touching... Thanks for allowing that poor creature comfort at the end.flowerforyou

Life can be so ugly and cruel, but there's beauty in compassion.

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 10:08 AM
I always try to see if we can be good friends before anything else. I also believe in cutting my friends a lot of slack. Instead of expecting much from them, I offer them the openness of my thoughts and availability of my time. I look for common ground.
Then I casually watch and wait to see if they do the same.

Romance before friendship doesn't work for me because there's no foundation for continuity.

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 01/30/11 09:42 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sun 01/30/11 09:44 AM
Chattanooga Tennessee,

Chattanooga is located in the southeast corner of the state, near the state lines of Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina.

It's rich in Civil War history and has rivers, mountains, lakes and stream.

The city has made an amazing turn around since the 60's when it was designated as "one of the worst cities" in America to live. The title came from the terrible air pollution that was almost constantly visible, being that Chattanooga lies in a valley.

Since the 60's, there has been much improvement in air quality as well as development and revitalization of the downtown area, especially along both sides of the river downtown. It steadily attracts tourism and is known as "The Scenic City".

There's plenty to see and do for all ages and types. If you like hiking, camping, rafting, kayaking, water skiing, or even hang gliding or spelunking, you'll find it close by.

There's also the symphony, a sports arena, museums, fine dining as well as a new world class aquarium.

People are friendly, the weather is usually moderate, and the area's attracting new business regularly. A new Volkswagon plant was recently built here and just went online.

It's not a bad place to live and I've lived in Seattle, Los Angeles, Taos NM., Orlando, Denver, Colorado Springs and Chicago.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/29/11 10:14 PM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 01/29/11 10:46 PM

That is some funny chit but hey she saw something that looked good and went after it.....love

ya really - and you'd think she'd be old schoollaugh

I'm going back tomorrow afternoon. scared

you sly dog...burning the candle at both ends, eh?:wink:

Kind'a sad that she's my only stalker.ohwell

well, I will stalk you if you like, but I'm not that young myselflaugh (I'm feminine tho:wink: )

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/29/11 10:06 PM

Defining femininity is like trying to hit a moving target. It seems different in differing cultures and changes with the times.

All I meant to say is that to me, femininity in the classic sense is attractive. It offers something in quality that I don't possess.

To me it implies warmth, caring, and is spiritually nurturing in nature.

Do some women seem to lose some of these qualities as they age ?

I'd submit that it's been my experience that they do...

absolute nonsense - if u just wanna chase young poon go right ahead but don't insult entire generations of women in order to justify it - we don't care we want you to be happylaugh

What specifically is "nonsense" about my statement? Where do you get that I'm insulting "entire generations", or that my objective is to chase anyone ?

Your assumptions are absurd.

I'm just speaking frankly and honestly, for myself.

I respectfully think you opinion is absurd and dont feel I made an assumption. I was jokng as is clear in the use of an emoticon that is laughing about the comment on younger ladies. Apologies if you did not understand that. That is what those emoticons indicate in a communication where facial expression and tone of voice are not possible.

I think your over reaction to my statement shows that I have struck a nerve because it may be difficult to accept that I have a valid point regarding disassociating a woman's strength/toughness from her femininity.

- but yes ur statements were a generalization about women who are older, and insulting bordering very close to gender bashing if not outright gender bashing. I for one do not appreciate them. Not only am I not less nurturing and feminine as I have aged, I become even more so.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but I don't think so, and I dont feel like rereading the thread. Again I remain of the opinion that it is misinformed to view the strength women CAN develop with age as something as not feminine when in fact the two are unrelated. As in the examples of very feminine but also very strong or "tough" older women that I already cited. I used public figures to illustrate the point but doubtless there are many of us Older tough women who are quite feminine.

W/e dude - doesnt really matter what u thinkslaphead I don't care that we don't agree. But I can't imagine generalizing that younger men or older men are this or that - seems silly. Good luck to you with whatever it is you seek

I made no generalizations. I stated "some women seem to lose some" and I was speaking from my own experience with those women. I made no general statements about all of women kind.

It seems you are reading much in my statement that isn't there.

I spoke personally and in regard to the OP's question, but you speak for everyone? "doesnt really matter what u think"

You didn't strike any nerves. I don't know you and you don't know me so thankfully there's no love lost.
I simply disputed your very pointed and absurd assumptions/accusations about me.

"absolute nonsense - if u just wanna chase young poon go right ahead but don't insult entire generations of women in order to justify it - we don't care we want you to be happy"

The OP did not put the question to women only, but to anyone willing to venture a response.

My response concerned MY opinion from MY personal experience.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/29/11 03:43 PM

That is some funny chit but hey she saw something that looked good and went after it.....love

you sly dog...burning the candle at both ends, eh?:wink:

Kind'a sad that she's my only stalker.ohwell

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/29/11 03:39 PM

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/29/11 01:27 AM

Sometimes I feel like General Disaster!

Then you should meet with Private enterprise. He'll confer with the Captain of Industry and together they'll try to convince Major Catastrophe from sending your status reports to Colonel of Truth, thus avoiding General Mayhem...

cough...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:44 PM

Defining femininity is like trying to hit a moving target. It seems different in differing cultures and changes with the times.

All I meant to say is that to me, femininity in the classic sense is attractive. It offers something in quality that I don't possess.

To me it implies warmth, caring, and is spiritually nurturing in nature.

Do some women seem to lose some of these qualities as they age ?

I'd submit that it's been my experience that they do...

absolute nonsense - if u just wanna chase young poon go right ahead but don't insult entire generations of women in order to justify it - we don't care we want you to be happylaugh

What specifically is "nonsense" about my statement? Where do you get that I'm insulting "entire generations", or that my objective is to chase anyone ?

Your assumptions are absurd.

I'm just speaking frankly and honestly, for myself.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:26 PM

I once seen a llama at the zoo. He/she was most distinguishable by the extreme amount and of dingle-berries it was sporting.

Easy to spot it in the crowd...

they seem to do well on clifs

Maybe the dingleberries serve to add stability and balance?

I'd say the climbing shoes if i was pressed:wink:

Little-known fact: llamas are filled with helium. There is little danger of them falling.

goodness. what happens if you stick one with a pin!?!? The mind reels

Right, then you have to deal with PETA. As well as an exploded llama carcass.

this has become far too complicated. Think Fish Tank

huh... The things you can learn on the internet these days. It staggers the mind.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25