Community > Posts By > AllenAqua

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 11/25/11 06:43 PM
My perfect date would be the one that leads to never having to "date" again...

I can't imagine anything perfect about dating. It's merely a means to an end for me.

AllenAqua's photo
Wed 09/07/11 06:42 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter and warm regards to all of you Miss Cindy (((((Cindy)))))

I know how thrilling and exciting it is to finally see your grand kids.

Have a safe trip and a very very sweet visit!

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 09/05/11 06:53 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Mon 09/05/11 06:57 AM

Hmm ... four pages and nobody thought to say "42"? Really? laugh

rofl

What is 42?

The answer to "life, the universe, and everything"...

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=hitchhiker%27s+guide+to+the+universe+the+answer+to+everything+youtube

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 09/03/11 05:58 AM

Hmm ... four pages and nobody thought to say "42"? Really? laugh

rofl

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 04/22/11 07:10 AM
I'm touched to comment and share my thoughts on this important matter. In my heart, which is where and how I understand God's message through his word, The reason all people will not be saved is simply because many will not proactively choose to be in his presence.
I think that's the way it works. I don't think our creator "sends" people to hell. More simply, I believe that in his graciousness he allows everyone to seek to seek the path, which is faith in his word through the sacrifice of his son (Christ). I think our father in heaven uses many many ways to light that path through his word and through each of us that confess him with our testimony and deeds, but since he wants our communion through relationship, he doesn't force anyone.
A rebellious spirit won't be with God. Once God reveals himself for all to see without faith, those of us who were shown the path but chose to refuse it will realize that God is indeed real (something all of us know deep inside but choose not to listen to that still, small voice), will then regret in the most horrendous way that they made the wrong choice. They won't be allowed that glorious relationship at that point. It will be too late.
For those that heed the enemy's word instead of the message of Christ, the implication will then be clear and there will no longer be room for doubt. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess but a relationship with our Holy Father will only be allowed for those of us who by faith sought and cultivated that relationship through his word.
It's like we don't "break the law", but rather more like we break ourselves AGAINST the law.
God is Love. The purest kind of love. Where he exist, there's no room for anything else. God is not reason, science, math, arbitration, mortality, or anything else that's subject to our human standards.
He is with us, but leaves it up to each of us to choose to be with him.
I for one, thank him and praise him with all my heart that he's such a wonderful, fair and righteous creator.

Words can not rightly express my gratitude.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 02/18/11 04:52 AM
An ideal date for me wouldn't depend on what we do together. It would depend on whether or not we're able to allow each other to feel free to just be ourselves and then still be enthusiastic about planning another date together.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 02/11/11 09:38 AM
meh... any day spent above ground is a good day.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 02/11/11 09:34 AM
My family.:heart:

My health.:thumbsup:

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 02/07/11 05:33 PM
Edited by AllenAqua on Mon 02/07/11 05:36 PM
antidisestablishmentarianism

Antidisestablishmentarianism (listen to British sample (info), American sample (info)) is a political position that originated in 19th-century Britain in opposition to proposals for the disestablishment of the Church of England, that is, to remove the Anglican Church's status as the state church of England, Ireland, and Wales. The word was used in 1838 in Church and State by William Gladstone, under whose administration the Irish Church Act 1869 was passed.

The establishment was maintained in England, but in Ireland the Church of Ireland (Anglican) was disestablished in 1871. In Wales, four Church of England dioceses were disestablished in 1920, subsequently becoming the Church in Wales.

The question of disestablishment of the Church of England is still current, often tied with the position of the English monarch as "Supreme Governor" of the Church (see Act of Settlement 1701). Those who wish to continue the establishment of the Church of England are referred to as Antidisestablishmentarians.[1]

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 02/06/11 05:18 PM
I'll drink to all that ! drinker

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:57 AM
hmmm... Sounds like an electronic control issue. It could be a number of things relating to that, or possibly as simple as a clogged pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) valve, which is a super easy fix.

Maybe someone else can help you more but my advice is to try and get it to someone trusted that will hook it up to a computer diagnostic machine. This could pinpoint the problem. Some auto parts stores will do it for free or a minimal charge.

If it was me though, I'd disconnect that pcv valve to eliminate that possibility. Disconnecting it temporarily won't hurt anything and if the car stops sputtering instantly, problem found... Easy to replace and relatively very cheap.

Good luck !

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:36 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 02/05/11 11:45 AM

I'm here because i helped build this sitelaugh JK although I did get the new members forum upbigsmile

Actually though, I have to say the same thing as Txsgal said. I was tired of the bs paying sites when I first started signing up on dating sites. Lesson learned, and now i'm here because I can be:tongue:

"now i'm here because I can be"

Sort of like the same reason a dog licks himself? what

Just joking my friend drinker laugh

I think taking care of yourself is better then letting somone else do it. You never know what might happenlaugh

Agreed! Safe sex and close attention to self hygiene is the way to go. laugh

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:33 AM

crime of passion can also be translated as vengeance,,

possibly just as 'selfish' as theft,,,,,

I don't necessarily agree with that perception, but I completely respect your viewpoint in this case.

Had it turned out that the suspect was proven guilty of a much more heinous crime, such as baby killing or major terrorism, one might have more empathy (if nothing else) for the particular cops in question.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:20 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 02/05/11 11:24 AM

If I'm an officer in pursuit, I have no clue of exactly WHO I'm chasing, the full extent of their alleged crimes, or what they might resort to, to avoid being caught

and you are PAID to deal with all those possibilities,,,if its so stressful for ya that you need to kick and pummel someone AFTER you have contained them, its not the job for you(not you, speaking rhetorically only here) and the only thing that seperates you from a gangster is your badge(who also fear for their safety in SOME instances for sure)

I feel for police who are in the line of danger(which not all of them are), and in LIFE threatening situations where someone is armed, or confrontational, I can understand them feeling FEARFUL

but with someone RUNNING Away from them and when it is not one on one, I still dont get the 'fear' defense

Cops aren't robots just because they're paid. I already stated my agreement that police brutality is criminal.
The fear comes into the picture with A, the suspect may be armed. B, the suspect may resort to some desperate act. C, in the course of pursuit, a mishap with an innocent bystander may occur. D, the outcome is uncertain at best.

I respectfully don't understand why any of that can't be accepted or understood.

I understand ALL of that, I just dont quite BUY it as the logic behind why several GROWN man would kick a teenager handcuffed and lying on the ground(there is no longer the question of whether he is armed or can do something desperate or hurt a bystander and the outcome is pretty certain)

how long a period of time should we excuse their ADRENALINE rush after the suspect is contained?

There's no excuse for it. One can only hope that the police community at large takes a lesson from it and incorporates appropriate training techniques to help their officers better cope with stress and anger management.

All I meant to express is that one not-so-apparent difference between the police and the people they have to pursue is that the police don't set out to commit a crime, where as, by definition, the criminal is explicitly out for just that.

One is a crime of selfish greed followed by an unwillingness to obey a lawful order, the other a crime of passion. In spite of what others may feel, my feeling is that there is a difference.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:09 AM

I'm here because i helped build this sitelaugh JK although I did get the new members forum upbigsmile

Actually though, I have to say the same thing as Txsgal said. I was tired of the bs paying sites when I first started signing up on dating sites. Lesson learned, and now i'm here because I can be:tongue:

"now i'm here because I can be"

Sort of like the same reason a dog licks himself? what

Just joking my friend drinker laugh

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:06 AM

I signed on to help a friend get hooked up.
Then I found the forums and friends.
Now it is a social thing, in an environment
that is conducive to having lightning strike
in the love department.

I would also like to see all my friends in
here get hooked up, so I work on that endlessly.

I too, shy away from the forums that provoke
arguments.
Although I will peruse them to see who to avoid.
I love seeing opinions, but it seems some people
feel that others opinions do not have the merit
of their own.

You can learn stuff in here too.
Practical things, or someone's insight that is
unique.

It is an indoor playground for me, good in
all weather :-)

Awesome answer flowerforyou

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:04 AM

Actually I stumbled onto this site after getting tired of being played on other sites. I was just looking for a place to go and join in on the forums to pass the time.

Seems I'm still here passing the time as well as chat with those all over the world I would have never been able to meet.whoa

What I found was a group of really awesome people and in the process have been blessed to meet many of them in person as friends and a few dates. Many of those I interact with over the phone as well as in person.

So why do I stay? It is hard to leave good friends......besides this place kind of reminds me of Texas weather if you don't like it stick around it changes before you know it.....bigsmile

I stumbled onto it as well. I don't belong to any other sites but I did try out Eharmony, which I ended up feeling as though it was bordering on a scam.

Same too on the forum thing. It's a great way to talk to folks from all over and get points of view outside my own circles.

I have yet to actually meet anyone from Mingle, but the day is young yet.:tongue:

Great analogy on the weather in Texas.laugh

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:48 AM

If I'm an officer in pursuit, I have no clue of exactly WHO I'm chasing, the full extent of their alleged crimes, or what they might resort to, to avoid being caught

and you are PAID to deal with all those possibilities,,,if its so stressful for ya that you need to kick and pummel someone AFTER you have contained them, its not the job for you(not you, speaking rhetorically only here) and the only thing that seperates you from a gangster is your badge(who also fear for their safety in SOME instances for sure)

I feel for police who are in the line of danger(which not all of them are), and in LIFE threatening situations where someone is armed, or confrontational, I can understand them feeling FEARFUL

but with someone RUNNING Away from them and when it is not one on one, I still dont get the 'fear' defense

Cops aren't robots just because they're paid. I already stated my agreement that police brutality is criminal.
The fear comes into the picture with A, the suspect may be armed. B, the suspect may resort to some desperate act. C, in the course of pursuit, a mishap with an innocent bystander may occur. D, the outcome is uncertain at best.

I respectfully don't understand why any of that can't be accepted or understood.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:35 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 02/05/11 10:37 AM

When we do good, nobody remembers. When we do bad, no one forgets".

Im sure criminals feel the same way. There are actions and consequences and Im not sure I can understand the emotional justification for kicking someone that is handcuffed and lying on the ground....obviously the threat(if there was any) is over

I agree that its a shame people are stigmatized their whole life over a bad choice and I too hope these cops go on to be productive citizens and are permitted to try to do so.

I guess it's just easier for me to put myself in the shoes of a cop who just needlessly (had the alleged suspect surrendered) put himself at potential great risk for the public good, than it is for me to put myself in the shoes of a criminal who put all concerned at risk for his own selfish motivations.

Please don't get me wrong. I certainly agree that police brutality is horrendous and they deserve to be prosecuted. Restraint on their part is to be expected and I'm not condoning their actions. It's just that I better understand the mindset of being angry at someone for overtly disobeying a lawful order, thus putting them at great risk, than I do the mindset of someone intent on getting away with a crime and putting others at risk in the process...

when has a teenager running put you at risk? I dont quite get that,,,

If I'm an officer in pursuit, I have no clue of exactly WHO I'm chasing, the full extent of their alleged crimes, or what they might resort to, to avoid being caught.

Do they have a weapon? Will they resort to hostage taking? Is there potential for danger to an innocent bystander, either from the actual fleeing suspect or perhaps by a mishap by me in the course of pursuit?

It's known to happen that a desperate fleeing suspect will take a hostage, carjack and perhaps commit a kidnapping, cause an accident, or pull a hidden weapon and open fire.

I hardly think that it can be safe to assume that what looks like just a benign teenager is above any of those contingencies.

That's what makes me think that...

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:20 AM

I would definitely help my ex if she was in that situation

If she was to straighten out and be there for the kids we have

There's nothing there for us anymore just our kids.

Good luck Bro on whatever decision you make.

I agree with what HE said ^^^

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25