Community > Posts By > AllenAqua

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:48 AM

A friend of mine did.
The gal paid him 3 grand and paid his car payments for a year.
They didn't live together and when she was legal they divorced.

If someone offered you money to get married so they could get a Green Card, would you?

No. That is illegal. And, stupid.

Well, dang it anyways miss Ruth... How bout if I kicked in a new set of luggage and free scuba lessons...Is that sounding any more do-able?

:tongue:

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 01/03/11 05:10 AM
Wow Tanya !

I guess this news doesn't exactly surprise or shock me because after all, I've always thought you're a treasure but wow...

He must be pretty special and he's definitely very lucky.

Congratulations sweetie and all the best of the very best for you both!

(I'm gonna go curl up in a ball under my bed now and have a good cry...)

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/25/10 08:12 AM
It's not a sin to meet a deadly threat with deadly force. In fact, my opinion is that when the threat is imminent, it's sinful to not act in defense of yourself, your loved ones, or other innocents.

If this weren't true then every member of the police, the military, or any other sanctioned authority would be condemned.

I will be sure to pray for your soul though, after I've dispatched of you as a deadly serious threat...

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/25/10 04:11 AM
Merry Christmas to all ! :smile: flowerforyou drinker

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/25/10 04:08 AM

I want to play a thought game...

Imagine you lived in the wild west days of America. Every man is a law unto himself, because there are no laws, cities, police or military. Now imagine that a family of vicious murderers moved onto your land and was a threat to you and your families safety and security. Imagine that they were rapists and murderers of men, women and children. They ignore your warnings that the land is yours and absolutely refuse to leave.

Would you a) Move away, b) Risk your and your children's lives by letting them stay or c) Kill them or d) Try to drive them off with force? Or some other action?

Drive them off with force, killing, if necessary.

I'm a Christian, but I agree with Miss Ruth on this one. Given the situation described, my overriding concern would be for the safety and well being of my family. I'd just have to worry about my eternal soul after the fact. I'm a Christian, but I don't claim to be a saint.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/25/10 03:53 AM
I can understand that not everyone's good at public speaking. It's extremely difficult for some folks to be self descriptive, especially in a public arena. It's even a reasonable assumption to me that even in those who are capable of self assessment and adept at wording an essay aren't necessarily going to offer more than a shadowy reflection of who they truly are, in the sense that after all, this IS the internet and too much information can be far worse than not enough information.

It's not until I've spent time with someone that I can begin attempting to ascertain whether or not there's real potential for something deeper than "just friends". If I put up road blocks based simply on a determination that their intellect must be lacking if they're not willing (or able) to stimulate my intellect in a public profile, I might miss out on what is truly important, which is whether or not this person is healthy in mind, body and spirit.

I agree that using cliches in a medium that allows for exacting and meaningful language can be frustrating, but I try to temper that frustration by realizing that as far as my search for a true match is concerned, it's not how they describe themselves that matters most, but rather it's more important that a personal dialog between us can be revealing through openness and honesty.

So my response to this dilemma is both yes AND no...

Yes, I agree that the over use of cliches in a self description can be frustrating on the surface, but no, it's not all that telling in itself.

Good post though... It does make a relevant point and should cause some of us to question our own laziness.

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 12/14/10 02:29 AM
I agree with Thomas. This "General Religion Chat" is primarily about insulting Christians.

It's inflammatory and almost always used to specifically target the Christian faith.

It's constantly used by certain posters to rant about Christianity and consistently allows the forum rules to be ignored and neglected.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/11/10 05:31 AM
Generally, all my info is on a need to know basis. I'm not one to talk about my deepest darkest secrets until there's a sincere interest.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 12/11/10 05:05 AM

What is it about Christmas we all like or love,,I would say enjoying seeing my daughters eyes light up like the North Star when she is there on the floor opening gifts,,the joy of family friends,and knowing I lived another year to see the joyest day of the year..So what your thought on Christmas,,

aka... The HAFERCAN....

I am happy when Christmas is all over. I really hate this time of year; its depressing for the poor and homeless as well as high rates of sucide. Think about that while you are making merry.

A lot of folks do think about that while "making merry".

I for one feel that making an extra effort to help those less fortunate this time of year is part of it. I'm sure most decent folks feel the same...

Ah, if only that were true and this heart felt sentiment was felt all year long. Contrary to what many think; people need food and clothing all year long; not just at Christmas. Helping one month a year isn't enough.

Well, I prefer to look for the good in people before assuming the worst in them. I guess I'm a glass is half full person but I believe that those who understand that the "gift is in the giving" are still blessed in their spirit, despite the fact that the poor and homeless are always with us.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 12/10/10 06:40 PM

What is it about Christmas we all like or love,,I would say enjoying seeing my daughters eyes light up like the North Star when she is there on the floor opening gifts,,the joy of family friends,and knowing I lived another year to see the joyest day of the year..So what your thought on Christmas,,

aka... The HAFERCAN....

I am happy when Christmas is all over. I really hate this time of year; its depressing for the poor and homeless as well as high rates of sucide. Think about that while you are making merry.

A lot of folks do think about that while "making merry".

I for one feel that making an extra effort to help those less fortunate this time of year is part of it. I'm sure most decent folks feel the same...

AllenAqua's photo
Thu 12/09/10 05:16 PM
Maybe they see your pic Tanya, and then conclude that it's just too good to be true. :wink: :tongue:

AllenAqua's photo
Wed 12/08/10 05:41 PM
Another really good thing about winter is NO bugs!!! No mosquitoes, no deer flies, no constantly removing bug corpse remains from your windshield.

My daughter is highly allergic to bee stings so winter is the only time I'm not constantly stressed out about that possibility.

AllenAqua's photo
Wed 12/08/10 05:27 PM
<----- This one loves ya Tanya. It says so right on the testimonial!!

flowerforyou :wink:

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 12/07/10 11:32 PM

Watching the snow fall while nice and warm and cozy inside!

ditto :smile:

Especially after I've been working out in the cold all day.

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 12/07/10 07:54 AM
Yeah... I've had a few oh-so-real, gut wrenching dreams about similar things. They leave you anxious, exhausted and wondering what's up in your head that you'd dream such a thing.

On the flip side, I've also on occasion managed to have a lucid type dream, in which I realize I'm dreaming and then the sky's not even the limit. Pretty entertaining over all...

The worst though is when I dream I'm at work and then wake up to realize it's time to get up and go to work...frown

AllenAqua's photo
Mon 12/06/10 09:50 PM
As a Christian, I do celebrate Christmas as a joyful occasion to be thankful for and in awe of the birth of my Savior.

I care not about whether he was born in December, March, or on the fourth of July.

No one can influence or intimidate me about that conviction.

A Christmas tree is just a tree (or facsimile thereof) that represents nothing more than a traditional decoration. I personally feel that some are beautiful like art, others are kind'a cheesy, but they don't have anything to do with the reason for the season.

I'm not running for political office so I don't care a nit about being politically correct.

If I wish you a "merry Christmas", it's meant as a wish that you be happy and blessed.

If it makes you happy to take offense, I suppose that offense is a blessing to you in spite of yourself.

If it makes you happy to return that genuinely positive sentiment with one by your own positive convictions, fine, thank you :)

Any negative response to my sincere wish for your spiritual well being says more about you than it does about me.

If businesses bestow the traditional season's greeting of "merry Christmas", fine by me... If not, fine by me... If they want to wish me a non Christian salutation, fine by me...

I fully understand that they're out for their bottom line and not sincerely interested in whether or not the holidays are merry for me, beyond what they stand to gain from me monetarily.

So Merry Christmas, happy New Year, and good tidings to all...flowerforyou

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 12/05/10 02:32 PM
I think monogamy is healthier as a lifestyle overall. I believe it has better potential for a lasting, meaningful relationship that can last.

I think it's a cop out to just declare that polygamy is best.

It's easier, since it doesn't require much beyond the baser instincts, but it can lead to loneliness and depression in the end.

jmo

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 12/05/10 07:44 AM
Probably, as a stupid kid...

Ever stick your tongue to a frozen light pole ?

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 12/05/10 07:39 AM
Yeah... it's like, what??? There's not enough souls around that they they require recycling??? noway

AllenAqua's photo
Sun 12/05/10 07:34 AM
For me, marriage is a formal declaration of "we stand together against the world".

It's about trust, commitment, fidelity and union.

Not very popular paradigms in today's culture, I admit...

To me having a wife is having a family, whereas having a girlfriend is having a friend who's a girl.

jmo

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25