Community > Posts By > AllenAqua

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:23 PM
I'm sure a lot of men lose (if they ever had it) their masculinity at any age for any number of reasons.

I hear there's workshops for men where they practice crying, primal screaming, and embroidery. To each their own, I guess.

Rest assured, I won't be attending them.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:14 PM
Defining femininity is like trying to hit a moving target. It seems different in differing cultures and changes with the times.

All I meant to say is that to me, femininity in the classic sense is attractive. It offers something in quality that I don't possess.

To me it implies warmth, caring, and is spiritually nurturing in nature.

Do some women seem to lose some of these qualities as they age ?

I'd submit that it's been my experience that they do...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 09:37 PM
Well, there are those that DO things with their lives and there are others who just fret and gnash their teeth about what others are doing with theirs...

Maybe it's just in my circles because I can't account for those southerners that I don't know and haven't discussed the matter with, but I stand by my statement.

I haven't agreed with everything Obama has done, but I sure don't miss Bush either.

If you're implying that all southerners are racist, I consider the implication false at best and inflammatory at worst.

You can stir a very small pot (via posting in a non important internet forum) and still create a big stink, but still, that's all it is...Stink...

All southerners aren't racist bigots. Some of us see the bigger picture and it's low class and inaccurate imo to suggest otherwise.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 09:20 PM

I once seen a llama at the zoo. He/she was most distinguishable by the extreme amount and of dingle-berries it was sporting.

Easy to spot it in the crowd...

they seem to do well on clifs

Maybe the dingleberries serve to add stability and balance?

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 08:48 PM
I read through his posts. You can read them by clicking on the number of post (in blue) under his pic.

Very touching and poignant...

My sincere condolences to the family... Very sad...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 08:29 PM
I'm pretty good at reshuffling my own deck. I've been known to move across country and take up new jobs and hobbies.
The problem is "wherever you go, there you are..."

I'm currently experimenting with not seeing the grass as greener anywhere else and instead I'm attempting to improve on what I already have going on in my relationships, career and interests.

For instance this past summer I took most of my perfectly good furniture to goodwill. I couldn't just go out and buy new stuff all at once but little by little since then, I've managed to de-clutter my living space and at least for now I'm happy being more spartan in my tastes.

Also, I try to eat better and that's having a positive effect. I feel better and it's becoming a routine to cook more healthy.

They say that it takes 21 days to create good habits and I agree that that pretty much works for me.

One suggestion I have is to rent and watch the DVD " What the bleep do we know?" http://www.whatthebleep.com/

Going down the rabbit hole is a good option that most folks miss...

Good luck with your changes !

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 08:10 PM
Funny... I live in a southern state and don't know anyone who's expressed that they don't like the President just because he's an African American.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:54 PM

I once seen a llama at the zoo. He/she was most distinguishable by the extreme amount and of dingle-berries it was sporting.

Not if you stuck him in with my ex-in-laws....

That's harsh !laugh

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:52 PM
Private Entrance sounding off !

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:41 PM

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:37 PM
Play my guitar, play with my grandson, meditate, build something.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:32 PM
Facebook is for people I already know. Mingle2 is for people I hope to know.:smile:

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:29 PM

I guess that means it'll take decades or possibly even centuries for anyone to notice mine, being that it's rather short and non descriptive.
maybe but short and sweet is good to.And I have read yours.Its very touching.

Thank you for saying so... flowerforyou

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:18 PM
It's just my 2 cent opinion but in my mind, it's not that some women lose their femininity as much as they give up their femininity.

I don't claim to understand the female mind (if only) but it seems to me that in today's society where there's very little, if any, stigma attached to being an older single female, some women decide, consciously or not, to become bolder, harder, tougher, less sensitive to men and less willing to compromise. (All masculine traits no?)

Personally, I can't see myself with anyone too young to remember the Beatles or Monty Python because we'd not have much to relate to each other, but it IS occasionally frustrating to be consistently faced with ladies who seem to view men as basically cavemen that deserve the wrath they wish they could bestow on their ex's. Ex's who perhaps deserve this rational because they themselves didn't cherish those feminine qualities.

I've heard it said that "Women want to be wanted,and men need to be needed".

Sometimes it seems older women don't need men and men don't want women who don't need them.

Being hard, bold, tough, insensitive, and uncompromising is fine if that's what gets you through the night, but as a man, it doesn't make me want to be there with you.

jmo

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 06:13 PM

I've seen some where the people are almost naked or they just cut that part out.

Now if EVERYONE were naked, that might be a good thing. It would definitely be more honest.

On the other hand, I appreciate some people's honesty more than I do others so... Maybe not...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 06:09 PM

I'm sorry that you don't care for my kid pics...
C'mon now though... Aren't they cute ?

They have your eyes.
Specially the ones in back.

"Meet the "Hills" brothers, laugh laugh

You KNOW one of em sat there thinking..."I am the good looking one"

rofl

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 02:48 PM

You were stalked by a cougar!
noway laugh

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 02:40 PM
I guess that means it'll take decades or possibly even centuries for anyone to notice mine, being that it's rather short and non descriptive.

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 02:36 PM

The LAST thing I think about when I see a baby feeding is sex.scared

so what is the first thing you think of when you see a boob?

uhhh... sex

The feelings of conflict, confusion and anxiety are suddenly overwhelming me.

Damn you Sigmund Freud ! frustrated

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/28/11 02:22 PM
The LAST thing I think about when I see a baby feeding is sex.scared

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25