Community > Posts By > BettyB

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 02:51 PM
That was an awful ordeal you and your girls went through. I can't even imagine the terror you must have felt at the time.
I am so happy it had a happy ending.

The tendor boats we needed were in the Caribbean, to get us to the Bahamas . Mostly we never got to go because of bad weather. Also we took one to go on a submarine ride. That was really cool. I forget how far down it went in the ocean, but it went down pretty deep. We saw coral reefs, all kinds of fish and even a shark went by. I was scared a first , but I really loved it and would do it again.

I see on your profile you are from Quebec. That is another beautiful place. I went there some time back , to old Quebec.
I love the old world charm there.
We went to Chateau Frontenac. Very nice and quaint.
The restaurants had such good food too.

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 11:07 AM

Ladies, is it really necessary for a man to "love dogs, kids and god" to be your friend?

Yes.

A man who doesn't is a questionable person..

loves dogs... he's sensitive
loves kids... caring
loves god... he has faith and " usually" will be faithful

That is bull. I have friends that are sensitive and caring but and they don't have kids or pets in their lives. They aren't religious either but that doesn't make them a bad person. My dad was a deeply religious person who beat us kids and the family dog as well as his wife.

I have to agree with you Navygirl.
I bet prisons have as many dog lovers ,Religious people or loves kids as the ones that don't love dogs, God or kids.

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 11:01 AM
I don't mind people having different opinions than mine. I am willing to hear their side and try to make a compromise .
Its when they assume to know what I am thinking or feeling without asking me that I get pissed off.
Making judgements is different from differences.
But even then I would be willing to try and work it out, at least not hold a grudge.

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 08:40 AM
He can, but he is a real jerk if he does.grumble

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 08:35 AM
wow I would have freaked out too if somebody did that to my girls.
Were they actually trying to kidnap them or just trying to get money?
Were your kids ok?

When we were docked in Antiqua It was swarming with Locals trying to make money. I was literally shoved in a seat and a woman started to braid my hair. I was yelling at her to stop, I didn't want it and she wouldn't stop. Then another Native woman came over started yelling at the other one and told me for 12 dollars she would take out the 3 braids the other one put in .grumble Ask me if I was impressed lol

Anyhow that place in Malta does look very beautiful. For some reason I though it was in Italy.
I myself have never to Italy but my Husband was born and raised in Rome, the pics he had were beautiful and he had many stories of Italy...many many stories lol

Were you allowed enough time in each port? That sometimes is a problem with taking a cruise. not enough time in port,especially if you need a tendor boat to get to them.

BettyB's photo
Thu 02/06/14 06:56 AM
How do I feed my ego?

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/05/14 02:10 PM

you can have sex with out love but you cant love someone without sex

That is not true.!!
I did not stop loving my late Husband when cancer stuck him and he was paralyzed from the waist down.
In fact quite the opposite, I realized how much I did love him and guess what..I still do, even though he has been gone for years.

Betty that was truly beautiful. I'm stunned and I can really feel the love in that message.
good luck

Thank you funkyflowerforyou
I think people that feel its the same thing never truly loved someone.

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/05/14 02:04 PM

you can have sex with out love but you cant love someone without sex

That is not true.!!
I did not stop loving my late Husband when cancer stuck him and he was paralyzed from the waist down.
In fact quite the opposite, I realized how much I did love him and guess what..I still do, even though he has been gone for years.

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/05/14 01:52 PM
My Daughter is going on a cruise with Carnival On the 22nd. To Florida , Jamaica , and somewhere else .
The last time she was went with Carnival her ship hit another one docking. She was ok ,thank God.

I looks at your pics. they are beautiful. What is the one that looks like its on right near water. ?

My niece and her husband went to Egypt for their Honeymoon. They were there right before all the trouble started. There were parts of it they liked and parts they were disappointed in.

I like the idea of BC to BC. Does sound easier.

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/05/14 12:31 PM
awww sorry about your dog. I know how expensive an ailing pet can be. The insulin and syringes for my dog is a lot every month. But what can I do, he needs it.

Yes I think NCL is a great cruise Line. Probably not as well known as Carnival though.

Honestly if I had my choice I would go back to Alaska, but I would be happy to go anywhere lol
There is a pic on my profile right now ,that I took from the Balcony of the ship in Alaska. The black blob you see is a bear. How cool is that?

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/05/14 05:57 AM

Goody!
Okay, my man feeds the dog chicken, still on the bones.
The dog seems to like this, no problem.

But I am terrified every time I give her a piece of
chicken with the bone, that she will choke.

She is a pretty big dog.
Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!

Am I being silly?

You are not being silly. Chicken bones can break into sharp piecies when chewed. Your dog probably won't choke but could have a sharp piece of bone cut or poke through stomach or intestine. Especially if the chicken has been frozen or cooked. In the wild, animals eating birds are eating bones that haven't been frozen or cooked. And mostly, the fact that they eat feathers with it, which protect their digestive tract from the shards of bone. My advice...STOP feeding the bones.

I agree with this totally. In fact my Vet told me never to give the dog bones. He is a Golden Retriever so he is also big. Even those bone marrow bones are bad for exactly the reason you said.
Also if its an older dog his teeth might not be as strong as they used to be and he may not have the chewing power he once had.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 07:22 PM

I would be surprised if your dog had a problem with it since wild dogs eat birds of all sizes all the time and I doubt many of them choke on the bones.

Plus dogs are just as likely to choke on their food as we are on ours. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Makes good sense.
I sure HOPE y'all are right.

My dog had a stroke last year, it cost my parents �3000 which is about $4500 to put him right.
My father still goes on about it all the time, miserable old fool lol.
My father I mean, my dog is cool as

and a bullet costs about 45 cents...just saying..

There you go funkyfranky...you can shoot mightymoe for saying that for only 45cents lol

lol, if i spend $4500.00 on a dog, i need to be shot, and quickly...ohwell

I would if I had the money and the dog would recover.

ok, i guess my dog is not as lucky as yours... if my dog needs to have any money spent on it, you can adopt it and spend the money...

drinker

and it would save me .45 cents too!

He isn't that lucky ,I don't have 4,500 .

thats ok, he doesn't need an operation, either... :wink:

That's good. If he does maybe the vet student here will give a discount. Might cost you 50 cents though lol

a whole extra nickle?... the dog might be worth that, I'll see then...

We can take up a m2 collection if you want lol

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 07:11 PM

I would be surprised if your dog had a problem with it since wild dogs eat birds of all sizes all the time and I doubt many of them choke on the bones.

Plus dogs are just as likely to choke on their food as we are on ours. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Makes good sense.

My dog had a stroke last year, it cost my parents �3000 which is about $4500 to put him right.

There you go funkyfranky...you can shoot mightymoe for saying that for only 45cents lol

ok, i guess my dog is not as lucky as yours... if my dog needs to have any money spent on it, you can adopt it and spend the money...

drinker

That's good. If he does maybe the vet student here will give a discount. Might cost you 50 cents though lol

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 07:10 PM

Makes good sense.

drinker

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 07:05 PM

Makes good sense.

drinker

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 06:54 PM

Makes good sense.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 06:42 PM

Makes good sense.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 06:37 PM

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

He would chuck ALL THE wood he could and then he would upchuck it so he could chuck some more.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 06:35 PM

I've been to both.. and prefer a cruise..

having your hotel, dining and limo combined.. gets you to places you'd not get to on an otherwise restricted budget.. by paying one price.. you get everything included (unless you jump on a bunch of ship offered excursions)..

when I went to Europe with my girls.. they had the option prior to, to either do 10 days at Disney OR 3 weeks in Europe.. they made the right choice and we saw 6 countries in that amount of time.. plus they got to see New York City so.. I'd rather cruise than be stuck in one place too long.. another up side to cruises is.. if you like one place in particular.. you can always go back and stay awhile.. if you don't.. that's just another destination checked off the old bucket list as been there 'n done that :banana:

I have been on three cruises myself and absolutely loved them.
You feel the same way I do about getting to go to a few different places rather than just one. I always got a cabin with an ocean view balcony, so when I got 'peopled out' I could just sit there and relax. Fantastic!!
Are you planning another one?

yup.. planning another 3 actually (more if I have MY way LOL) .. WHEN I go is another story altogether though.. need a new roof and a 60' retaining wall for part of one side of my property.. so travel's on hold for a bit.. I have girlfriends though that I turned onto cruising and they've booked an Hawaiian one for next spring (2015).. and like you.. I always take a room with a balcony.. :thumbsup:

I'm very picky about WHO I cruise with though.. which actually offers lots of bonuses.. including personalized (snail mail) christmas cards bigsmile and plenty of discounts :banana: mind you.. I had to ask them to stop calling.. slaphead which really sucks when ya can't go anywhere ohwell

and you?

I would go in a heartbeat if I could. Right now though I have two palliative Dogs that need full time care.
The one has Diabetes, and needs insulin injections twice a day , along with that he is on a very stick feeding schedule 4 times a day.
The other one has Cancer:cry: ,
But that Hawaiian one sounds wonderful.
I have only ever used NCL cruise ships. Who do you like?

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 06:29 PM

Resort ... I don't trust those big ships scared

Its not the ships its the big water underneath them lol

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25