Wed 02/12/14 10:03 AM
grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/12/14 07:15 AM
Snow,snow
go away
Betty wants
To put her shovel
AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BettyB's photo
Wed 02/12/14 07:11 AM
It has happened to me. Yes it hurt but I got over it.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/11/14 02:00 PM
French ONION Soup.

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/10/14 09:26 AM
Scammers fall in love just by your pic .They know immediately how much they love you!

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/10/14 08:53 AM

I haven't seen any man-hating here, then again I have a tendency to only see what I want to see, so who knows? At any rate, I agree that it would be nice if men- and women- would just come out and say what they mean and not rely on hints and passive aggressive behavior, hoping that you'll figure it out on your own so they can avoid the drama of a big confrontation.

But guess what? Most people are cowards. Most people try to avoid drama. Most people figure if they keep ignoring you, you'll just go away. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Some people are sto strong-willed on getting what they want, or so dense about not seeing clues in front of them that they need to be told to go away. Those people are stubborn.

They might also be trying to be nice and don't want to hurt your feelings, not realizing that being ignored is just as hurtful, if not more so than being told straight out "I don't like you" or "I'm over it" or "Please go away."

Humans are complicated and damned frustrating. But yeah, when a guy (or a woman for those who think this thread is gender-biased) acts like (s)he's not interested, they're just not interested, all you can do is let them go and move on to the next one. flowerforyou

I agree with this.
I do think if you are interested in somebody and they led you to believe they were also interested, then its just common courtesy for them to let you know they had a change of heart.
Only the selfish take the easy way out !

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 06:30 PM

I think everyone here has had really good points and given good advice. The only thing I would add is, do not make someone a priority who only makes you an option.

Right on!!!!

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:46 PM

Because he is a balless wonder. Would rather keep you dangling on a string like his little puppet rather than telling you the truth.

So many of those in the world.drinker

Too darn many.

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:38 PM
Because he is a balless wonder. Would rather keep you dangling on a string like his little puppet rather than telling you the truth.

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 03:02 PM

Egoes don't need food.
Just constant stroking.:tongue:

Works for mehappy

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 12:25 PM

Smoking is bad for us yet millions of people smoke, so why are they so attracted to it? In my opinion it's because they are addicted to it, however or why ever we started to smoke it results in our addiction, I am an exsmoker. Other things such as alchohol, gambling and drugs are all addictive in my opinion, and in the long term can be bad for us. Here in the UK, tobacco, alchohol and gambling are very much promoted in the media, particularly on TV, in the form of advertisements, perhaps this is the reason we are attracted in the first place to these things which can result in being very bad for us if taken to excess or if we become addicted, this is just my opinion.

Here in Canada cigarette ads are banned on TV ,and there are many public service messages On TV about the harm that smoking and alcohol can have.
If these messages do any good or not ,I have no idea, but at least our Government is trying to educate people .

There are restrictions on advertising tobacco and alcohol here in the UK as well, with frequent government notices on TV and elsewhere on the dangers of tobacco and tobacco price has risen sharply in the past few years.So efforts are being made by the government here as well. The latest trend seems to be Electronic cigarettes, for those trying to stop smoking I guess they help, but the jury seems to be out on how harmless or otherwise they might be in the long term and some argue they introduce children to wanting to smoke.

People are going to do what they want to do, whether its bad or good.
Really sad though when you see young kids puffing away. Breaks my heart.

BettyB's photo
Sun 02/09/14 07:40 AM

Smoking is bad for us yet millions of people smoke, so why are they so attracted to it? In my opinion it's because they are addicted to it, however or why ever we started to smoke it results in our addiction, I am an exsmoker. Other things such as alchohol, gambling and drugs are all addictive in my opinion, and in the long term can be bad for us. Here in the UK, tobacco, alchohol and gambling are very much promoted in the media, particularly on TV, in the form of advertisements, perhaps this is the reason we are attracted in the first place to these things which can result in being very bad for us if taken to excess or if we become addicted, this is just my opinion.

Here in Canada cigarette ads are banned on TV ,and there are many public service messages On TV about the harm that smoking and alcohol can have.
If these messages do any good or not ,I have no idea, but at least our Government is trying to educate people .

BettyB's photo
Sat 02/08/14 01:59 PM

How about 12 teddy Bears?

Aww, I'd love to sleep with 12 teddy bears.:heart:

Haha..wonder what the shrink would say about that?

BettyB's photo
Sat 02/08/14 01:57 PM
How about 12 teddy Bears?

BettyB's photo
Sat 02/08/14 08:46 AM
I don't what bad things you are talking about?
Bad food?
Bad people?
Bad movies?

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 07:49 PM
That is fantastic!!!!!!!
Glad you are making such a good recovery.

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 07:32 PM

Which one do you prefer? I have never been to a resort ,but I have been on cruises and loved them.
If you had your choice which one would you pick and why.

I would love to spend a few weeks at the Breakers in Palm Beach....wiht enuff cash to have fun :)

Believe it or not I never heard of that place so I googled it. The reviews were very good. Sounds like a great place !!!

What is it you don't trust about big ships?

well I have been to the Breakers with my mother years ago - just for lunch...it's pretty swanky (read expensive) but it is just such beauty and luxury combined....love it typified my ideal setting.

big ships? I am a little cautious because of some of the recent strandings where passengers were for days without running water and there were big delays in getting resuce ships to them. That's the main thing.

It really does look like a nice place. I have been to Florida, mostly Miami love it there. Now you have peaked my interest in the Breakers. Hey I am not opposed to swanky lol.

It is sad what happened on those cruise ships, but like plane crashes you only here about the ones that went wrong. Not the thousands of cruises that people had a great time on. I bet if you tried one you would love it.

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 07:21 PM

That was an awful ordeal you and your girls went through. I can't even imagine the terror you must have felt at the time.
I am so happy it had a happy ending.

The tendor boats we needed were in the Caribbean, to get us to the Bahamas . Mostly we never got to go because of bad weather. Also we took one to go on a submarine ride. That was really cool. I forget how far down it went in the ocean, but it went down pretty deep. We saw coral reefs, all kinds of fish and even a shark went by. I was scared a first , but I really loved it and would do it again.

I see on your profile you are from Quebec. That is another beautiful place. I went there some time back , to old Quebec.
I love the old world charm there.
We went to Chateau Frontenac. Very nice and quaint.
The restaurants had such good food too.

oddly enough.. you don't even have TIME to think.. everything happens so fast.. you just react.. but thanks.. I'm glad for the happy ending too :thumbsup:

hey.. I went on a submarine ride as well.. Grand Cayman's coral reef.. we only got to see a lotta beautiful fish and a huge sea turtle.. nothing as terrifying as a shark though.. WOW.. it was still phenomenal.. and like you.. I'd go again, given the opportunity..

you're right about Quebec City but I'm closer to Montreal.. it's wild to know we have castles and wonders like other places in the world.. with their very old world charm.. by the way, I see we're neighbors.. you being from Ontario.. have you always lived there?

I forgot to mention on the submarine ride we also saw a sink and toilet that the guide said was from a ship wreck. Not sure if that was for real or just put there for drama lol.

Yes I have always lived in Ontario. Right now I live about and hour or so away from Toronto.
The snow here is dreadful, some snow piles are as high as 15 ft. Causing lots of accidents.
Will winter ever end??????????????????????????????

BettyB's photo
Fri 02/07/14 05:41 PM

Which one do you prefer? I have never been to a resort ,but I have been on cruises and loved them.
If you had your choice which one would you pick and why.

I would love to spend a few weeks at the Breakers in Palm Beach....wiht enuff cash to have fun :)

Believe it or not I never heard of that place so I googled it. The reviews were very good. Sounds like a great place !!!

What is it you don't trust about big ships?

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25