Community > Posts By > BettyB

BettyB's photo
Sun 01/05/14 04:27 PM

Been with this guy for over 1year , I just can't get him to go out on dates or to spend more time with me , his excuse is he does not like going out he works 2 jobs and we only see each other maybe twice a month on the weekends.I tried many times braking it off but he always says he don't want too, I'm I dumb as I think ?

Are you sure he isn't married? Sounds like he might be.

BettyB's photo
Sun 01/05/14 04:25 PM
I for one miss you too!!! Hope you are back soon.flowerforyou

BettyB's photo
Sun 01/05/14 04:14 PM

Cause the women they are with are dumb enough to believe it. That's probably part of the appeal. An intelligent women would realize that if he is cheating on his wife with her he's going to do the same thing too her if she ends up with him?

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result...

I believe this is totally true.

I don't really agree. There are a lot of intelligent women who have been taken in by this "promise." The man wants to have his cake and eat it too. Some go to great lengths to maintain this illusion instead of working on things at home or getting out.

The woman wants to believe him....it's a delusion that she allows herself because she wants to believe it is true. it seldom turns out to be, however. People often believe what they want to believe, hear what they want to hear....

Yeah but why any woman would even want to get involved with a man who does not honour his commitment gets what they deserve..nothing in return.

BettyB's photo
Sun 01/05/14 09:02 AM

Cause the women they are with are dumb enough to believe it. That's probably part of the appeal. An intelligent women would realize that if he is cheating on his wife with her he's going to do the same thing too her if she ends up with him?

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result...

I believe this is totally true.

BettyB's photo
Sun 01/05/14 07:10 AM

We have been having record breaking cold temps. here. minus 23 C today.
So my way of coping is after I have frozen my butt off shovelling ,I go inside and wait for the feeling to come back in my fingers and toes, l then count them to make sure they are all still there.
After that I go downstairs and thank my furnace for doing such a good job lol

Have been watching your weather from a safe place :-)

Yeah it has been a brutal winter so far. That ice storm we had before Christmas caused a lot of problems. Some people in Toronto are still without power. I was lucky ,mine was only out for 6 hours one day and an hour the next.
To add insult to injury I am watching my Daughter pack her bathing suit and sun tan oil as she is leaving for the Dominican today. You would thing she would take her mama with her wouldn't you? Just kidding about that ,but she sure picked a good week to go.

Well, you know what they say:

"People have children so death doesn't
seem so disappointing."

laugh laugh I never heard that before.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 09:46 AM

Being a ex smokier now for 11 years as of this week... The one thing I have found to be true is you never preach to those that smoke.

When I smoked I did it cause I enjoyed it yes I said I enjoyed it right down to the calming effect and the taste....

When people are ready to quit they will on their own time and no one else can make that happen but themselves....

So if you are trying to get someone to quit smoking that enjoys it your wasting your time..

But when they do, that is when you should be there to encourage them just saying... kindness goes a long way preaching runs into walls....:thumbsup:

This is so true. I know this from personal experience. I tried many times before to quit and failed. The time I actually made it I told no one that I was quitting. That alone took a whole lot of pressure off me. Did not have to deal with well meaning people yipping at me all the time.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 09:32 AM
Ya just got love little boys trying to fit into men's pants.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 06:52 AM
I quit 34 years ago. It was a very hard thing to do, but I am so glad I did. Funny thing is now I can't even stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 06:48 AM
Edited by BettyB on Sat 01/04/14 06:59 AM
Actually I guess I do experience some of those things and I do get what you are saying. But what I was trying to say is I don't worry about it or focus on it at all ,so getting older doesn't bother me that much. I feel good and I am still healthy so that all that really matters to me atm. When health issues pop up then I will deal them . I just don't want to feel like I am a walking time bomb because Of my age.
Like Sage said we all have different ideas and thoughts on aging.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 06:40 AM

I survived by moving from Michigan to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I just can't take the cold winters anymore.

I hear that one. That cold stuff is for the birds. I sat out and sunned today for a while.

BettyB, absolutely no way. I'm sending you more matches and a few logs.

shiver Yikes

Thank you Mg ...its been a cold one so far. A lot of people spent Christmas in the dark due to the ice storm.

BettyB's photo
Sat 01/04/14 06:38 AM

So my way of coping is after I have frozen my butt off shovelling ,I go inside and wait for the feeling to come back in my fingers and toes, l then count them to make sure they are all still there.

Have been watching your weather from a safe place :-)

Yeah it has been a brutal winter so far. That ice storm we had before Christmas caused a lot of problems. Some people in Toronto are still without power. I was lucky ,mine was only out for 6 hours one day and an hour the next.
To add insult to injury I am watching my Daughter pack her bathing suit and sun tan oil as she is leaving for the Dominican today. You would thing she would take her mama with her wouldn't you? Just kidding about that ,but she sure picked a good week to go.

BettyB's photo
Fri 01/03/14 06:07 PM

BettyB's photo
Fri 01/03/14 07:30 AM
Haha...I was a secret spy. I can reveal all lol

Hey Jayne ...you ok?

BettyB's photo
Fri 01/03/14 07:16 AM
Edited by BettyB on Fri 01/03/14 07:21 AM

It ALL boils down to "Different Strokes, Different Folks"

We all have different approaches to life, food, living habits, age, etc.

Some chose to fret & worry, some just accept & LIVE.

I prefer to Do what I can, Learn what I can & Bend with the wind of life. Like nature shows, GO WITH THE FLOW. Survive the most terrible storms & keep living.

Opinion of Old Sage

I agree with you 100 percent.

My beloved Golden Retriever is a perfect example.
He has Cancer, the Vet did not think he would make it til Christmas. He did thank Goodness. He does not know he is old and dying so he still enjoys his life .Chasing squirrels,going for walks, playing with his ball , bugging the cat are still his fav. things to do.
If he knew he were old and dying like people do, I bet he would be moping and limping around.
I think we could all learn a lesson from our pets and just chill out.

BettyB's photo
Fri 01/03/14 06:49 AM
All I know is I am nearly 70 and so far have been lucky enough not to experience these things. Or maybe its just so gradual I never noticed. I suppose that is possible too.

I often wonder how attitude of older people would change if we were like our pets and had no clue how old we are.

BettyB's photo
Wed 01/01/14 04:24 PM
Edited by BettyB on Wed 01/01/14 04:29 PM
ok..but what age do you consider old AND why?
My thoughts are if you feel old, think you are old and act old then you are old.
Otherwise you are in good shape so enjoy it.

BettyB's photo
Tue 12/31/13 10:19 AM
Happy New year everyoneflowerforyou

BettyB's photo
Tue 12/31/13 10:16 AM
Edited by BettyB on Tue 12/31/13 10:17 AM
If I had a dollar for every time I did that I would be rich.:
I would have at least thirty one thousand dollars laugh

BettyB's photo
Mon 12/30/13 07:14 PM
It looks like fun, but a bit scary. Especially over rocks.

BettyB's photo
Mon 12/30/13 01:11 PM
Happy New year Ray.drinks

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25