Community > Posts By > BettyB

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 01:55 PM

Does a bear really poo in the woods

Not only do they poo in the woods, sometimes they even poo wood.

Well I never knew that, thanks for sharing it with me.
So when they poo wood, does it come out like tables and chairs and things.

Absolutely!
There is a big one for papa Bear
A medium size one for mama bear
And a little one for Baby Bear.

Those bears eat a lot of fiber.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 01:47 PM

Does a bear really poo in the woods

Not only do they poo in the woods, sometimes they even poo wood.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 01:20 PM

I've been to both.. and prefer a cruise..

having your hotel, dining and limo combined.. gets you to places you'd not get to on an otherwise restricted budget.. by paying one price.. you get everything included (unless you jump on a bunch of ship offered excursions)..

when I went to Europe with my girls.. they had the option prior to, to either do 10 days at Disney OR 3 weeks in Europe.. they made the right choice and we saw 6 countries in that amount of time.. plus they got to see New York City so.. I'd rather cruise than be stuck in one place too long.. another up side to cruises is.. if you like one place in particular.. you can always go back and stay awhile.. if you don't.. that's just another destination checked off the old bucket list as been there 'n done that :banana:

I have been on three cruises myself and absolutely loved them.
You feel the same way I do about getting to go to a few different places rather than just one. I always got a cabin with an ocean view balcony, so when I got 'peopled out' I could just sit there and relax. Fantastic!!
Are you planning another one?

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 01:08 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I would rather hear that than why are you on a dating site cause you are so ugly.

Take it as a compliment.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 01:03 PM

I've done both and am not really a fan of either one. My best trips have been to buy a travel guide, rent a car, and haul azz in whatever looks like a good direction each day. I have often been asked, "Why are Americans afraid to travel on their own?" I am not sure of the answer but I think much of it is a the belief that danger is present. The reality is that just as much, if not more, danger is present all over the US.

Have you ever travelled in a motor home? I have always wanted to that, I bet its awesome.

Yes, I have put about 35,000 miles on my travel trailer. The living room part folds up against the walls and leaves room for my Harley. I have taken it all the way to the Arctic Ocean in Alaska.

Big fun!

OMG Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went on an Alaskan Cruise and I swear I left my heart there. It is the most beautiful place I have been too.
Granted I have not been to that many places, but Alaska was by far my fav., along with the Yukon and parts of BC.

My longest trip was Texas to Yellowstone, then on to Seattle. Into BC and up the Alcan to the Yukon. Across to Anchorage, up to Denali and Talkeetna, and the pipline gravel service road 500 miles (one way) to Dead Horse at the Pruhoe Bay oil fields.

Wow...I am so jealous. Sounds amazing . How long did it take you?

I took two and half months. I spent extra time in Anchorage, Alyeska, a fishing camp in the middle of nowhere, a Harley rally in Fairbanks and another in Kenai. I wasn't in any hurry.:smile:

I am in total awwww. we went in July and it was kind of cold. 55f
I have heard it can be a scary drive though. Did you find that ?
I forget the name of the highway I heard if you break down you could be left there unnoticed for a long long time.Miles and miles of nothing.

I don't deal in fear much. I took extra tires (and used them all), extra gas, bought a gun for the bears (they took my guns away in Canada!), and was pretty much self contained anyway. There was anything to fear.

The gravel road to the North Slope is 1,000 miles round trip with huge pot holes and the oil service trucks DO NOT STOP. I saw Dall Sheep (magnificent!), whales, lots of bears, scores of eagles, prairie dogs at the Arctic (that was just weird!) and tons of other stuff.

Anyone who likes nature should get a thrill from what I got to see. It was my summer trip. I have made two winter trips up there too!

The whales were a sight I will never forget. I have never seen them in their natural habitat and it took my breath away. I saw a bear too and lots of eagles but that was about it.
I wish I could do a trip like you did someday. Sounds like something out of this world. I still dream of going back there.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 10:49 AM

I've done both and am not really a fan of either one. My best trips have been to buy a travel guide, rent a car, and haul azz in whatever looks like a good direction each day. I have often been asked, "Why are Americans afraid to travel on their own?" I am not sure of the answer but I think much of it is a the belief that danger is present. The reality is that just as much, if not more, danger is present all over the US.

Have you ever travelled in a motor home? I have always wanted to that, I bet its awesome.

Yes, I have put about 35,000 miles on my travel trailer. The living room part folds up against the walls and leaves room for my Harley. I have taken it all the way to the Arctic Ocean in Alaska.

Big fun!

OMG Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went on an Alaskan Cruise and I swear I left my heart there. It is the most beautiful place I have been too.
Granted I have not been to that many places, but Alaska was by far my fav., along with the Yukon and parts of BC.

My longest trip was Texas to Yellowstone, then on to Seattle. Into BC and up the Alcan to the Yukon. Across to Anchorage, up to Denali and Talkeetna, and the pipline gravel service road 500 miles (one way) to Dead Horse at the Pruhoe Bay oil fields.

I took two and half months. I spent extra time in Anchorage, Alyeska, a fishing camp in the middle of nowhere, a Harley rally in Fairbanks and another in Kenai. I wasn't in any hurry.:smile:

I am in total awwww. we went in July and it was kind of cold. 55f
I have heard it can be a scary drive though. Did you find that ?
I forget the name of the highway I heard if you break down you could be left there unnoticed for a long long time.Miles and miles of nothing.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 10:41 AM

Resort

Do you have a fav. one you have been too?

BTW nice to see you again.waving

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 10:29 AM

Been to Orlando loads of times, now that is amazing
never been on a cruise though

I have been there also. Did you go to Disney World?

Oh Yeeeees
I've been to all of them loads of times
Epcot is my favourite
Harry Potter in Universal is brilliant
Love wet and wild too

I haven't been there in years. It was amazing though.
Is the Haunted castle still there?

You mean he haunted mansion with Eddie Murphy, yes thats still there

I don't remember Eddie Murphy being there, but yes I think that was the name.
Did you ever try the frozen bananas? Man they are good.

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 08:24 AM

Big fun!

BettyB's photo
Tue 02/04/14 07:50 AM

Big fun!

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 06:25 PM

I know, sure as bears crap in the woods, I wouldn't do long term with a CCL.

What is a CCL?

Crazy cat lady.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<???????????

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 06:16 PM

I know, sure as bears crap in the woods, I wouldn't do long term with a CCL.

What is a CCL?

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 06:03 PM

Sounds like on this thread dog owners are getting a really bad rep. .
Maybe the odd ones that do put their dogs first have been terribly hurt by people, just as some people have been hurt by dog owners.

All I know is I have never had to protect any person from my dogs but I have had to protect my dogs from people.

No, the only owners getting a bad rep are the owners that are not responsible. If these people have been terribly hurt by people and they can only put their dogs first; then perhaps they should not be dating. I removed myself from dating as I have no wish to hurt someone when I know damn well I am not datable.

I think you had a bad experience, and you didn't deserve that.
I have no idea why you would think you aren't datable. You seem like a wonderful person to me.

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 05:50 PM
Sounds like on this thread dog owners are getting a really bad rep. .
Maybe the odd ones that do put their dogs first have been terribly hurt by people, just as some people have been hurt by dog owners.

All I know is I have never had to protect any person from my dogs but I have had to protect my dogs from people.

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 01:02 PM

Oh Yeeeees
I've been to all of them loads of times
Epcot is my favourite
Harry Potter in Universal is brilliant
Love wet and wild too

I haven't been there in years. It was amazing though.
Is the Haunted castle still there?

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 12:54 PM

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 12:05 PM

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 11:10 AM

You can take a 'nowhere' cruise really cheaply,
those are the 'turnaround' cruises that they
sell dirt cheap to fill the boat on return
trips to go into dry dock.

Paid $500 for an 8 day cruise, started in Vancouver,
Washington, (they flew us there) then it sailed
down the west coast with stops in Seattle, San
Francisco, Catalina, San Diego, so much fun, and
you got a really good room with window too :-)

I prefer resorts myself, with lots of walking around :-)

Sounds really good.
What resorts have you gone too?

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 10:26 AM
That's sound pretty good too. Especially if its by a lake.

BettyB's photo
Mon 02/03/14 09:36 AM
Which one do you prefer? I have never been to a resort ,but I have been on cruises and loved them.
If you had your choice which one would you pick and why.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25