germanchoclate1981's photo
Sat 10/31/15 10:36 PM

from the fbi website:

The general definition of spree murder is two or more murders committed by an offender or offenders, without a cooling-off period. According to the definition, the lack of a cooling-off period marks the difference between a spree murder and a serial murder. Central to the discussion was the definitional problems relating to the concept of a cooling-off period. Because it creates arbitrary guidelines, the confusion surrounding this concept led the majority of attendees to advocate disregarding the use of spree murder as a separate category. The designation does not provide any real benefit for use by law enforcement.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

that would fit into the FBI's definition then... seems more like a way to sell it to sponsors...

Condolences to the victims families.

Either way you cut it, handgun or rifle (it was a rifle) serial shooter (like Arizona interstate this year) or shooting spree (like this) it doesn't bode well for the case that current legislation, and lack of enforcement of those laws, is sufficient.

For those who have guns and or want to buy guns, legally of course, it might be in your best interest to start calling out the criminals flooding the streets with illegal and nearly untraceable guns and the law enforcement agencies who have FULL knowledge of these transactions. Idiots like this guy walking down the street casually after shooting a woman IN THE FACE then shooting at Police SERVING AND PROTECTING who were kind enough to offer the shooter a chance to surrender, returned that kindness by shooting at them too. When someone does something this F'd up, it makes police and Local politicians have to answer very difficult questions by friends family and witnesses/bystanders. One thing they can't do is know what's on the mind of a suspect who haven't voiced their thoughts or intentions. No one expects that. What they can do is stop the unencumbered flow of guns and ammo for anyone with enough cash on hand. The second amendment will never be repealed. Even a democratic majority ruled congress under a democratic president would'nt do that. Passing and enforcing common sense legislation that doesn't require outright 'gun grabbing' can be done while PRESERVING our right to bear arms SENSIBLY. It won't end all gun crime, we all know that, but it can decrease the infringement on our right to bear arms and the pursuit of happiness quickly extinguished by sick bastards walking around shooting women IN THE FACE.

Fri 10/30/15 07:08 PM
Not sure whose idea this was, Pentagon has been trying to scrap this program for a while but congress deemed it too important to national security to cut loose. Pun intended. There are many more effective and budget friendly (compared to this albino terd) forms of air defense.
Aberdeens SOP needs to be examined in depth as well. I know F-15s don't fly solo even over US soil but... It's... a frikken balloon!!! They couldn't get a Kaiwa Blackhawk or even a pair of Apache to follow this thing? It was unmanned with exorbitant amounts of radar equipment onboard it could have tracked itself, how much in jet fuel did they waste when Pennsylvania police shot it down with shotguns? $3 billion for two balloons and no deflation capability? WTF.
Maybe that's the reason John Boehner was crying, hmmm.....

Thu 10/29/15 03:37 PM

This thread may get whacked (no pun intended) , but, holy hell, WHAT is wrong with people? 

"" Nutscaping: The internet phenomenon proving any landscape can be improved by a pair of dangling balls There’s a new phenomenon going around which combines three of the internet’s favourite things: selfies, holiday spam, and explicit nudity. Welcome to the world of “nutscapingâ€�. The idea is simple. Take a picture of a beautiful landscape, but do it in such a way that the silhouette of your hairy balls hovers over the scene like some scrotal mothership. According to the art’s online home – Nutscapes.com – nutscaping began in 2007 in New Zealand (where there’s lots of pretty scenery to, erm, enhance), but it has since gone global and had somewhat of a resurgence recently. There’s also a guide on the best method for a good nutscape (the practice, as we’re sure you’ve realised, is fairly gender specific). 1. Find a beautiful (and, ideally, secluded) landscape. 2. Turn your back on the beautiful landscape. 3. Drop your trousers. 4. Bend over and snap that nutscape between your legs. Also, remember: strictly no penises! Here are some of our nutscaping… favourites?"" 

I cant post those "favourites", obviously...but this is ACTUALLY a thing on social media  

www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/fun-times/nutscaping-the-internet-phenomenon-proving-any-landscape-can-be-improved-by-a-pair-of-dangling-balls-362052.html 

Nutscaping....when a dlck pic is just too passe  rofl

Well everybody needs to have a hobby........ but ????

No butts. It's not assscaping.

Tue 10/27/15 03:35 AM

I always believed one should go to work to do a job and go to school to learn

wouldn't bother me a bit if the CAMPUSES didn't provide any type of social networking sites on the internet

do that when you get home,,,,,,period

i don't disagree with that, not like most people have them at work either... isn't what school is about, to teach people to do a job?

FUC UMW...?
Really though, I see the schools point of not being responsible for PROVIDING the sites/content, but any time an actual threat is communicated 1 the school should be the first to act to protect the students safety THEN protect themselves legally from libel. Freedom of speech is not meant to protect people who threaten anyone and anonymity makes it even worse. Snapchat and apps that delete the poster or the message is how isil gets recruits without others knowing what's going on. Rapists are cowards to begin with but saying that it infringes on first amendment rights for them to hide behind a smartphone tablet w/e is PROTECTING THE RAPISTS. Come on, we don't need to monitor apps, sue the bastards who create these cyberrape havens and keep the cost of tuition down. To the punk ******* making the threats, grow a set be a man and make your threat out in the open so everyone can see how much of a biggoted douchebag you really are. See how long you remain a student and or athlete at your university and practice not dropping the soap.

Mon 10/26/15 12:30 AM
Edited by germanchoclate1981 on Mon 10/26/15 01:16 AM

a situation that has long concerned me and is hopefully a one off

Q. If two people both have 'license' to carry, and if both have a reasonable belief that the other is 'reaching' for their weapon,,,

how do we prove who was in the wrong when the other winds up dead?

Its a fair question...the FBI is involved and maybe they can find some answers. They were asked to join in and bring in more resources than the locals can.

Blanket response:
Gnome, how could Raja be not guilty if he didn't identify (he didn't) the van had no lights or identifying features (it didn't) and Mr. Jones didn't discharge his weapon (he didn't)? ....

Good question Ms.

Moe it does matter even if only one person has a gun.

R A I'll give you credit for mention of who will be investigating the shooting itself but that doesn't exactly answer Ms' question. It's relevant because this is what happened here but once again the lack of operational cameras body or dash (Raja was out of uniform and off duty) obscures what would otherwise be an open and shut case. We could have seen and possibly even heard exactly what happened that morning. The person who draws his weapon first isn't necessarily the last man standing or the one who lives to tell the tale. Raja did miss Jones 3/6 times he pulled the trigger. Had Jones intended and acted to defend himself forcibly he could be alive and the officer dead. Things would have been much much more complicated had that happened.

For all gun owners,
3am your car breaks down and your waiting along an interstate ramp for a tow truck. You have your legal licensed weapon should anyone try to rob you or worse.
Ask yourselves these questions:
If a 15 passenger van with tinted windows and no i.d. markings pulls up unannounced a guy in jeans and a t-shirt jumps out and starts questioning you without telling you he's an officer or showing any badge or i.d. and he reaches for his gun what would you do? Would you tell him you have a gun? Would you show your gun? Would you draw and would you fire?
Heres the biggie... IF you feeling threatened did fire and hit this dubious character that just showed up when your car was disabled and you had no other recourse when things got hairy, would you have been wrong, criminal, guilty of attempted murder or murder, then of an officer since he was never identiftied to you as such?
The answer is the same no matter if he lives or dies. YOU LOSE. What's wrong with this?

Unless you're claiming to have witnessed the event, you don't know, that Raja didn't identify himself as law enforcement. Unmarked vehicle, plain clothes, big deal. Raja still has a badge, and more importantly, an identification card, that identify him as a police officer.

You have nothing, that says Raja failed to identify himself.

You have nothing, that says Jones didn't pull his weapon on the officer.

The only facts known, are that Raja was in an unmarked vehicle, and in plain clothes. Jones had a concealed carry permit, and can reasonably be presumed "armed". And somewhere in the wee hours, Raja shot and killed Jones.

As you weren't there, you don't know if the shooting was unjustified.

As I wasn't there, I don't know that it was justified.

So yeah.
It's a big fat IF, if Raja is guilty of an actual crime.

Perhaps, when the investigation is completed, it'll have been determined to be a case of NHI.

So given your response, any registered gun owner can be presumed 'armed and dangerous' by an unidentified police officer, shot and killed and you're ok with that because he has a badge? We do know that Jones didn't fire his gun, and it wasn't until the FBI was mentioned that we learned he at least owned a legal registered gun.

1. You're not smart enough to think for me. So, don't even try.

I won't presume to think for you.

2. You're speculating, that Raja didn't verbally identify himself as law enforcement. You're speculating, that Raja didn't show his law enforcement credentials; badge and police identification card.

3. Any person with a concealed carry permit, IS presumed "armed".
That is, after all, the whole point of having the permit. To be armed.

4. A permit to carry, doesn't exempt anyone from following commands of law enforcement.

5. I didn't speculate on Raja's guilt, or innocence. Matter of factly, I clearly stated, that if Raja is indeed guilty, as determined in a court of law, he should be put to death. Just like any other murderer.

Might wanna work on your reading comprehension skills.
:thumbsup:

But, since you wanna play the speculation game...

With the evidence and testimony you've provided, Jones' death is clearly a case of suicide by cop.

Wait!

With the evidence and testimony you've provided, Jones sucked so badly as a drummer, Raja was clearly doing a favour for society.

You won't presume to think for me but you'll attempt to speak for me in the very next sentence... I say speak because you obviously didn't think that through.
As for reading comprehension, or the lack thereof, if you read what you're claiming where I'm thinking for you it was actually a QUESTION I was asking you.

So given your response, any registered gun owner can be presumed 'armed and dangerous' by an unidentified police officer, shot and killed and you're ok with that because he has a badge?
Also you seemed to have missed the 'dangerous' in 'armed AND dangerous'. Those words arranged as such in a phrase over police radio or other comms change the situation more than just an officers awareness. A person can be armed with a fly swatter or a butter knife but that doesn't equate to being warned by dispatch that the person is 'armed and dangerous'. I'm not speculating anything. The local media released the details of the case that have been released so far. Jones didn't fire his weapon. They didn't say in certain terms that the gun had even been drawn or even loaded for that matter.
We do know that this wasn't a police cruiser, or a vehicle that could be ascertained to be a genuine police vehicle removing any doubt of Raja's status as a genuine law enforcement official. Jones was on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck, if he wasn't high or drunk he would have no reason to draw his weapon, if it was even on his person which we also do not definitively know. The officer could have called in a cruiser or set flares to avoid anyone else colliding with Jones or his car. That's pretty much protocol for any accident or disabled vehicle on or near a busy curvy or high speed road. To speculate that Jones would draw or reach for his weapon knowing that Raja was an officer that WAS there to help him or keep him safe is, well, pretty damn stupid. Had he wanted to rob assault or shoot Raja, he'd be stranded at the scene of the crime and his only means of escape a fifteen passenger van. I can't see that happening. If Jones had his gun drawn because he didn't know Raja was an officer, plain casual clothing no badge no markings or lights on the van as it was, what would make Raja skip defusing the whole situation by saying,
"Look, I'm an officer with this department, I called it in so my dispatches know where I am and have your plates and physical description. I'm off duty so I'm going to show you my badge and no one has to get hurt. I'm here to help."
This is exactly the type of de-escalation that officers are trained to do. Had Raja said or done so what possible reason would Jones have to shoot (which he never did) or keep his gun pointed at Raja? 0. Nobody is discussing what Jones did to Raja because those would have been the first details at the first press release and the department would have no reason to keep the family in the dark for 38 hours. They would have put up a name and a picture immediately and shown whatever wounds Raja sustained in the fight/shooting. We would have gotten the 'regrettably things got out of hand and officer Raja did what was necessary to defend himself' and that isn't something police or sheriff's departments forget to do.

Sun 10/25/15 05:52 AM

he was great in newsradio...after that, nothing...

i did see this yesterday...

Marilyn Manson (Brian Warner) is a controversial rock star that has sold over 50 million albums worldwide. He gained mainstream attention in the 1990s after media reports surfaced that described his shocking behavior on and off-stage. Over the years, Manson has been the target of multiple attacks by the press who view his music as detrimental to children. Manson has produced some of the most disturbing videos on the Internet. In 2011, he collaborated with actor Shia LaBeouf to make a movie named Born Villain, which is said to contain shocking and violent images.

However, the most controversial video attributed to Marilyn Manson is named Groupie. The legend of the tape says that it was recorded by the band during their Antichrist Superstar Tour (1996-1998) and shows a fan being tortured by Marilyn and Twiggy (Jeordie White). According to the story, the footage was captured on a handheld camcorder and shows Manson ordering the groupie to perform acts. The film starts out with Marilyn informing his guests that the girl will be taped. When she arrives, the party takes a weird turn.

After a short while, the girl is ordered to do a series of acts, including drinking a glass of urine with keyboard player Stephen Bier. The tape then turns dark while Manson ties the woman up and taunts her. As the video progresses, the members of the party become uneasy as they are unclear if the events are staged or not. The video involves torture, weapons and bloodshed

Officially, there are only three people who have viewed Groupie, which includes Manson, Tony Ciulla, and Andy Dick. However, evidence for the film can be found at the end of the bands Dead to the World video series where an obscured shot of a tied up woman can be viewed. During the scene, Marilyn is heard taunting the girl with the phrase “Jesus loves me because the Bible says so.” The footage might have come from Groupie.

I think you forgot Tom Green and Sasha Cohen (Ali G)

Sun 10/25/15 05:41 AM
Proof once again,
Guilty until proven financially flexible......frustrated
What's the point if they prosecute under the minimal extent of the law.
frustrated

Sat 10/24/15 10:27 PM
Pilots, farmers, gardeners... Lots of people.

Sat 10/24/15 10:15 PM

Q. If two people both have 'license' to carry, and if both have a reasonable belief that the other is 'reaching' for their weapon,,,

Its a fair question...the FBI is involved and maybe they can find some answers. They were asked to join in and bring in more resources than the locals can.

Blanket response:
Gnome, how could Raja be not guilty if he didn't identify (he didn't) the van had no lights or identifying features (it didn't) and Mr. Jones didn't discharge his weapon (he didn't)? ....

Good question Ms.

R A I'll give you credit for mention of who will be investigating the shooting itself but that doesn't exactly answer Ms' question. It's relevant because this is what happened here but once again the lack of operational cameras body or dash (Raja was out of uniform and off duty) obscures what would otherwise be an open and shut case. We could have seen and possibly even heard exactly what happened that morning. The person who draws his weapon first isn't necessarily the last man standing or the one who lives to tell the tale. Raja did miss Jones 3/6 times he pulled the trigger. Had Jones intended and acted to defend himself forcibly he could be alive and the officer dead. Things would have been much much more complicated had that happened.

For all gun owners,
3am your car breaks down and your waiting along an interstate ramp for a tow truck. You have your legal licensed weapon should anyone try to rob you or worse.
If a 15 passenger van with tinted windows and no i.d. markings pulls up unannounced a guy in jeans and a t-shirt jumps out and starts questioning you without telling you he's an officer or showing any badge or i.d. and he reaches for his gun what would you do? Would you tell him you have a gun? Would you show your gun? Would you draw and would you fire?
Heres the biggie... IF you feeling threatened did fire and hit this dubious character that just showed up when your car was disabled and you had no other recourse when things got hairy, would you have been wrong, criminal, guilty of attempted murder or murder, then of an officer since he was never identiftied to you as such?
The answer is the same no matter if he lives or dies. YOU LOSE. What's wrong with this?

Unless you're claiming to have witnessed the event, you don't know, that Raja didn't identify himself as law enforcement. Unmarked vehicle, plain clothes, big deal. Raja still has a badge, and more importantly, an identification card, that identify him as a police officer.

You have nothing, that says Raja failed to identify himself.

You have nothing, that says Jones didn't pull his weapon on the officer.

The only facts known, are that Raja was in an unmarked vehicle, and in plain clothes. Jones had a concealed carry permit, and can reasonably be presumed "armed". And somewhere in the wee hours, Raja shot and killed Jones.

As you weren't there, you don't know if the shooting was unjustified.

As I wasn't there, I don't know that it was justified.

So yeah.
It's a big fat IF, if Raja is guilty of an actual crime.

Perhaps, when the investigation is completed, it'll have been determined to be a case of NHI.

So given your response, any registered gun owner can be presumed 'armed and dangerous' by an unidentified police officer, shot and killed and you're ok with that because he has a badge? We do know that Jones didn't fire his gun, and it wasn't until the FBI was mentioned that we learned he at least owned a legal registered gun.

Sat 10/24/15 10:03 PM

If two people both have 'license' to carry, and if both have a reasonable belief that the other is 'reaching' for their weapon,,,

Witness statements, personal statements, confessions, whatever physical evidence can be found, historical behavior, legal arguments.

When a wife kills her husband how do you prove she did it in self defense because he was beating her rather than he hurt her trying to defend himself.

is it a matter of wild west justice where the last one standing is right by default?

There's a huge difference between someone being "right" and someone being "not guilty," or a trial not being pursued due to a lack of evidence.

how is justice determined?

Sometimes it's not.

Sometimes it isn't, you're absolutely correct about that and about the difference between being right and/or guilty not guilty.
The question isn't about any shooting between people who have history or bad blood. It's about situations like this where there is no history or physical evidence aside from spent brass and blood stains. That's what we have here. If both parties had fired their guns, you have mutual aggression or affirmed defense (arguably if that State has such a legal provision). Here only the unidentified officer fired 6 times. Why......
Had both fired its near impossible to tell who fired first unless the trajectory is such that it couldn't possibly come near its target (riggor trigger). If both hit or come close and no one else is there and both live, how can you tell? If one lives the other has obvious difficulty proving their innocence. The survivor having done almost everything wrong given the circumstances could have VERY easily defused any tension before any arrose by showing his badge or i.d. and or calling it in.
The wife is almost always not guilty or favored by the courts.....

Sat 10/24/15 09:35 PM

Blanket response:

Good question Ms.

For all gun owners,

Sat 10/24/15 02:03 PM
Edited by germanchoclate1981 on Sat 10/24/15 02:05 PM
Sun Sentinel

Public shows up to town hall meeting to discuss Corey Jones shooting
Kate Jacobson, Adam Sacasa 9:08 pm, October 23, 2015

They vented their frustrations. They demanded answers from local politicians, clergy members, lawyers and law enforcement.

A few hundred people late Friday attended a town hall meeting called to address issues surrounding the shooting death of Corey Jones.

The night meeting was hosted by the F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association at the Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in West Palm Beach. The audience asked about and discussed issues of law enforcement policy, systemic racism in the criminal justice system and the oversight of police and use of force.

Jones, 31, was shot and killed by Palm Beach Gardens Police Officer Nouman Raja, 38, on Sunday just after 3 a.m. at the PGA Boulevard off-ramp of Interstate 95.

Jones was sitting in his broken-down SUV waiting for a tow when Raja approached him in an unmarked, 15-passenger van with tinted windows, not in uniform and did not show Jones a badge, attorneys for Jones' family have said.

Riviera Beach Police Chief Clarence Williams discussed the proper procedure for a plainclothes officer approaching someone. He said it's the responsibility of the officer to make sure they're not placing themselves in a dangerous situation and to make sure they've clearly identified who they are.

"A plainclothes police officer approached [Jones], and there were a number of options available to that officer to make sure that that minor encounter didn't result in the death of a young man," Williams said.

Also in attendance was Trayvon Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, who told attendees they need to stay vigilant in holding officials accountable and to not stop demanding justice.

"Never give up," she said. "Regardless of what they tell you, never give up."

Friday's meeting came just hours after Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw announced the FBI would assist the agency in investigating the shooting. The Sheriff's Office and the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office are conducting independent investigations into the shooting.

"In an effort to provide the family of Corey Jones and the community with a thorough and accurate investigation, I have requested the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, to join in the investigation and they have agreed to do so," Bradshaw said in a statement Friday. "I welcome their expertise and believe that this will ensure the highest level of scrutiny and impartiality."

Soon after the sheriff's statement, the FBI confirmed it would join the investigation. As recently as Thursday, the FBI told the Sun Sentinel the agency was "in regular contact with local authorities" and "prepared to investigate" should the need arise.

Brynes Guillaume, president of the F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association, said the sheriff asking a federal agency to investigate the shooting shows officials want to be as thorough and transparent as possible.

"We just want the facts," he said. "We just want to know why Corey ended up dead."

Jones' death has attracted national attention amid a lingering uproar over the use of force by police, from Ferguson, Mo., to Baltimore, involving young black men.

Earlier Friday, supporters of Jones' family gathered at Bible Church of God in Boynton Beach, where Jones' grandfather, Sylvester Banks Sr., is the pastor.

McCray said he wants unity in the community. He said he grew up with Jones' uncles and said Jones played the drums for him at the Peace and Feast in August, a neighborhood event that drew throngs of people.

"We tried to educate our people on gun violence, had the police out there and engaged with them because we can't live in a lawless society," McCray said. "We have to learn how to get along on both sides."

The gatherings followed Thursday's peaceful rally outside of the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department, which drew several hundred people.

The day of Jones' killing, the drummer had left a gig with his band, Future Prezidents, at a Jupiter bar, Jones' family said. He was heading home to Boynton Beach when he ran into vehicle trouble, causing him to pull his Hyundai Santa Fe to the side of I-95 near the PGA Boulevard exit ramp.

After contacting a band mate and his brother, Jones decided to wait for a tow truck, his family said.

Officer Raja, wearing jeans, a T-shirt and baseball cap instead of a uniform, arrived in an unmarked department-issued van that wasn't equipped with police lights, according to the Jones family's lawyers, citing information prosecutors provided them.

Jones, who has a concealed weapons permit, had legally bought a gun days earlier, police said. What followed was a confrontation between the two men about 3:15 a.m., ending with Raja shooting at Jones six times and striking him three times, the Jones family's lawyers said.

Jones never fired at the officer, they said. His relatives suspect that Jones never even knew that the man who shot him was an officer.

Information about the shooting has slowly trickled out this past week, frustrating family members and activists. They have urged the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office, the agencies conducting investigations, to be more transparent.

In announcing Friday that the FBI will help, Bradshaw said, "There have been many lessons learned from the tragic events that have occurred across the United States and there is nothing more important, now, than a comprehensive investigation process so we can ensure justice is served."

kjacobson@tribpub.com, 561-243-6547 or Twitter @katejacobson

Sat 10/24/15 01:46 PM
It's punishable by death.

Lights and Sirens Corey Jones shooting: Palm Beach Gardens shares in ‘sorrow and desire for all of the facts’

October 23, 2015 | Sarah Peters

Palm Beach Gardens went all out to welcome hundreds of people who rallied for Corey Jones near the police station Thursday morning, afterward issuing a statement that it shares in their sorrow.

Here’s an excerpt from the statement from city spokeswoman Candice Temple:

“Today the City of Palm Beach Gardens welcomed hundreds of citizens and family members of Mr. Corey Jones to facilitate their expression of loss and concern about the officer-involved shooting that led to Mr. Jones’ death. We share in their sorrow and desire for all of the facts related to this tragedy to be known. We also respect the peaceful and genuine expressions shared at today’s events.”

Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Stephen Stepp talks to the media about the shooting of Corey Jones. (Greg Lovett/The Palm Beach Post) The statement also indicates the city is committed to cooperating fully with any other appropriate investigations into the fatal shooting of 31-year-old Boynton Beach resident Corey Jones. Police have said Jones was killed by Palm Beach Gardens Officer Nouman Raja about 3:15 a.m. Sunday on the southbound ramp of Interstate 95 at PGA Boulevard.

Family and friends said Jones, a drummer, was waiting for a tow truck because his vehicle had broken down. Raja was not in uniform, and the unmarked vehicle he was driving wasn’t equipped with a dash cam.

While the city has released few details, the state attorney told family members Thursday that Raja fired six shots. Palm Beach Gardens Councilwoman Marcie Tinsley said Wednesday she wants an outside investigation, in addition to the sheriff’s and “we have been in touch with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement,” in addition to the sheriff and state attorney.

The Florida Democratic Black Caucus Palm Beach County Chapter on Thursday called for the Department of Justice to conduct an independent investigation.

Palm Beach Gardens is cooperating with the sheriff’s office and state attorney, Temple said in the statement:

“The city also is similarly committed to cooperating fully with any other appropriate investigations into these events at the local, state or federal level. We respect the deep sense of loss being felt by Mr. Jones’ family and the community, and recognize the significant concern that all have regarding full disclosure of all facts relevant to this tragic incident.

We share the family and the community’s deep interest in a timely and thorough investigation of all relevant facts and evidence, and the public disclosure of those findings as soon as possible. While we are sensitive to the need and desire for investigative conclusions to be shared, it is essential that appropriate time be allotted to determine the facts and the truth –to get it right.”

The city looks forward to Jones’ family and the public being apprised of all details, Temple said in the statement.

Sure.... We'll get all the 'facts'

Sat 10/24/15 11:56 AM

asleep Half a cup of coffee & 2 baby aspirins ..isn't enough for this...same ol' same ol', this morning

All that cutting and pasting is what's making you tired.

Sat 10/24/15 05:08 AM
What about the cops that threAtened to shoot the parents coming to pick up their children from schools in CT that was on lockdown for bonne threats all know those are bad cops giving good cops a bad name. Samuel Dubose and Freddy Gray are countered by Lt Gliniewicz and Deputy Goforths.they WERE serving and protecting.

NYC draws international attention the protest was a peaceful one so..........

Sat 10/24/15 04:54 AM
LP,you said yourself the PEACEFUL protest was scheduled before the NYPD officer was killed in the line of duty.
You also said that one of the protesters was from Maryland which means she either had to make rereservations prior to the event or incident or at the least stay with friends or family if she had any in N.Y. Either way any foods drinks goods or services go into N.Y.'s economy and are taxed paying the NYPD salaries.

Ironic, isn't it? So the PEACEFUL protesters are out of line, but the police presence which would be increased for any such protest whether an officer had recently been killed or not, resulting in extra hours and overtime DIRECTLY supports the NYPD officers and their families isn't, is it?

These cops you speak of, would they be the ones who killed, excuse me, summarily executed the man in the wheelchair? Where 0 real visible video evidence shows that he had a gun or any wounds consistent with a self inflicted gsw?
Perhaps the gang of police that compressed Eric Garner's lungs until he suffocated beging for his life?
Or maybe the cop that shot the stranded motorist who had called a friend to fix or tow his car who turned out to be a church drummer.

Sat 10/24/15 04:09 AM

I am from the UK, so forgive me if I dont understand the US situation.

I understand police are people, but citizens are people too. If a policeman is murdered by a citizen then it is bad, but if a citizen is murdered by a policeman it is surely equally as bad.

In both our countries the murder of a policeman (/woman) is somehow deemed more tragic or more worthy of report, or even more worthy of investigation than if a civilian is murdered by a policeman. Would you agree? Why is that?

Unfortunatly a bad cop seems to be protected by good cops and by good judges. Why is a bad cop not 'hung out to dry' by his/her peers so the organisation as a whole as well as its individuals can gain trust, integrity and move towards the ideal of no bad cops in the same way an ideal society has the minimal number of criminal citizens (which is surely why laws and police exist in our society)?

Reasonable questions. Moe hit the nail on the head, a system that allows killers to walk free because they wear a badge is wrong any way you cut it. I'm talking about cases where there was no 'justification' for the killing or level of force used that lead to death or serious injury. We are capable of fixing the 'problem' , obviously it'd take new bills/legislation/filibustering/vetoing/resubmission/case studies/possible government shutdown if the teapotty (so called 'Tea Party' I refuse to recognize since they are doing nothing but stopping the government from functioning as intended per our Constitution) has anything to do with it.
Every journey begins with a single step, Benjamin Franklin, now there has been a Federal push for body cameras and funding provided to facilitate the use but many cities have not or refuse blatantly to use body cameras. They don't want their hired hitmen identiftied like Ray Tensing, Randall Kerrick, Brad Miller, the list goes on.
For the umpteenth time Michael Brown committed a crimes. More than one in one day. But there is no reason no JUSTIFICATION for shooting an UNARMED suspect resisting being shot and or arrested IN THE HEAD THREE TIMES.
still dispersing your Brown-Fibs,ain't you?

He committed crimes, he was unarmed, WILSON aimed for the head, then shot him in the head 3 times.
What lie?
Would that be the unbiased witness video evidence that was disallowed in the case? Those witnesses were white, why was their video inadmissible?

Sat 10/24/15 01:30 AM

I am from the UK, so forgive me if I dont understand the US situation.

I understand police are people, but citizens are people too. If a policeman is murdered by a citizen then it is bad, but if a citizen is murdered by a policeman it is surely equally as bad.

In both our countries the murder of a policeman (/woman) is somehow deemed more tragic or more worthy of report, or even more worthy of investigation than if a civilian is murdered by a policeman. Would you agree? Why is that?

Unfortunatly a bad cop seems to be protected by good cops and by good judges. Why is a bad cop not 'hung out to dry' by his/her peers so the organisation as a whole as well as its individuals can gain trust, integrity and move towards the ideal of no bad cops in the same way an ideal society has the minimal number of criminal citizens (which is surely why laws and police exist in our society)?

Reasonable questions. Moe hit the nail on the head, a system that allows killers to walk free because they wear a badge is wrong any way you cut it. I'm talking about cases where there was no 'justification' for the killing or level of force used that lead to death or serious injury. We are capable of fixing the 'problem' , obviously it'd take new bills/legislation/filibustering/vetoing/resubmission/case studies/possible government shutdown if the teapotty (so called 'Tea Party' I refuse to recognize since they are doing nothing but stopping the government from functioning as intended per our Constitution) has anything to do with it.
Every journey begins with a single step, Benjamin Franklin, now there has been a Federal push for body cameras and funding provided to facilitate the use but many cities have not or refuse blatantly to use body cameras. They don't want their hired hitmen identiftied like Ray Tensing, Randall Kerrick, Brad Miller, the list goes on.
For the umpteenth time Michael Brown committed a crimes. More than one in one day. But there is no reason no JUSTIFICATION for shooting an UNARMED suspect resisting being shot and or arrested IN THE HEAD THREE TIMES.

Wed 10/21/15 02:09 AM

Im bored enough to be browsing memes,,,at least until Im motivated to run todays errands,,lol

anyway,, this one seems fitting

the blacks are the ones not letting this happen...

'the blacks' are the ones pointing out that it isn't happening

,,and 'the whites' are too, and 'the yellows' and 'the reds',, and anyone with the gift of perception

In any case where perception is insufficient dash and or BODYCAM footage will be excepted as a suitable substitute.

Tue 10/20/15 02:02 PM

Def; If your parents can't have children neither can you.

^pointless^

Ergo, a person who hasn't been born due to their non-parents inability to conceive wouldn't exist so infertility wouldn't be an issue because it wouldn't be possible.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25