Community > Posts By > lilangel2

lilangel2's photo
Sat 05/19/12 10:12 AM
Edited by lilangel2 on Sat 05/19/12 10:14 AM

I find it very interesting that alot of folks that haven't been around in years are showing up to comment on things. Just find it interesting.......smokin

Why would you find that interesting?

How do you know they havn't been around for years?

Is this an observation or something that really bothers you for some reason? I ask because you have brought this up several times on other threads. As if, for some reason they don't belong here. Or are up to something???

I find it interesting you keep saying this.

And who are you speaking of?

lilangel2's photo
Sat 05/19/12 10:02 AM

What I am talking about is physical death.

If you knew a way to live for say 500 - 1000 years and be healthy by doing certain things that might take some mental and spiritual or physical discipline, would you want to know how and would you be able to commit to doing it?

this is a different question than the thread title

being immortal is a bit different than living a long time but not an infinite time

I Still wouldnt want to do it though, as a human, I do feel boredom and pain and I wouldnt want to recycle those things in different ways (As life does) for five to ten centuries...

Yes, I changed the question when I found out how many people don't want immortality. People want to die.

I find that hard to believe, but that is what I am hearing.

We (our bodies) were not designed to live forever , so we probably don't have that desire. Like a good pair of shoes...they are really nice and comfortable at first, but there comes the time to replace them. We still keep our feet, but we get a new pair of shoes. bigsmile I think there is much greater things after this life. Greater experiences. Plus it is the natural process to die, and I believe to be reborn.

lilangel2's photo
Sat 05/19/12 09:57 AM

^^^I take issue with posting pics
For the past 10 or so years I have worked with families that have missing children. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but also the most eye opening.
I have met so many families who's lives have been torn apart in the most horrendous way.
In that time I have learned so much and have tried to take that knowledge to families with children in the hopes of preventing them from ever having to experience such a horrible loss.
As a parent I am as guilty as some others in how I did things when my daughter was growing up. I put her name on her jacket and lunch box, I let her approach the ice cream man when he passed by ringing his bell. I insisted she sat on Santa's lap even though I had tried to teach her not to talk to strangers.
Now our world has changed. The internet has opened up a whole new world for predators and pedophiles.
Our children have email accounts, they play online games and surf the net. They visit chat rooms and I am sure some things we are not even aware of.
The sad truth however is those predators know where to look online and how to work their way into unsuspecting children's lives.
We here are hopefully all adults but in reality I am sure many have come here for fun or out of curiosity and are children or young teens pretending.

We as adults come here maybe just to chat or make a few friends or possibly find love. We build a profile page and place photos on that. If we are searching for adult friendship why would anyone place photos of their children on the page?
I wish they would stop and think about what they are doing. Exposing those photos here for the world to see.
How many photos have you seen of children standing in front of their school with the schools name in plain view? How many have you seen with kids posing in their school sports team shirts? The parents profile gives the town they live in. It is not hard trace photo's. Even placing photos through your i-phone is track-able if you have not taken time to set the options to prevent that. I understand the pride people have in their children and wish to share that with others but they need to stop and think about how not only are they possibly putting them in danger they are taking away their child's right to privacy. The internet does not forget. There have been cases where parents place photos only to find out they have been taken and placed on pedophile sites.
Don't use your children's pics on adult date sites to impress others. Their safety is more important than finding a date.

Excellent advice! TYflowerforyou

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 09:40 PM
I believe reincarnation makes more sense than 1 life here on 1 measly planet to sort things all out! To me that would not make sense.
Kazillion of universes and planets, yet only one physical lie to live in it all! This banana needs more than 1 life to sort it all out. I need more planets to explore, more universes and galaxies. I feel I have lived many lives before because I am so in tuned to things bigsmile But, I only actually recall one.sad2

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 09:04 PM
I'm already looking forward to my next life.
No that I do not enjoy this one.
But, that I feel our lives are like grades in school.
We just keep graduating to a higher level.
I am already a banana
Next life, who knows...maybe a pineapple! bigsmile

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 08:43 PM

Are people programmed to think that it is their duty to die? Do we not deserve to live as long a life as possible?

I think we do.

"deserve" ? I'm not too sure we deserve much of anything. Do we?
Were we born deserving? WOW! That is a question for one to ponder.

I believe our bodies are meant to last a short time, but I believe WE live for ever. So, I guess I believe I am already immortal. Because I am not my body.

Yes we are immortal. I believe that too.

And I think if we decide, we can live as long in the physical body as we choose.

...then no one must want to live past 115-116 (or whatever the oldest age is)

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 08:33 PM

Are people programmed to think that it is their duty to die? Do we not deserve to live as long a life as possible?

I think we do.

"deserve" ? I'm not too sure we deserve much of anything. Do we?
Were we born deserving? WOW! That is a question for one to ponder.

I believe our bodies are meant to last a short time, but I believe WE live for ever. So, I guess I believe I am already immortal. Because I am not my body.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 08:00 PM

people who don't like bananas
they are full of potassium!

I bet. People are full of lots of things.

BAZZINGA!bigsmile

That is why I am a banana:banana:

another pet peeve: people who walk around talking on a blue tooth, looks like they are talking to themselveswhoa

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 07:55 PM
people who don't like bananas
they are full of potassium!

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 07:33 PM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 07:34 PM
people who profess to loving everybody

people who try to shove their religion down others throats

people who try to shove their politics down others throats

people who are cruel to children

people who are cruel to animals

people who are lazy

people who are mean

people who lie for no good reason (but,don't tell aunt Bessie her purple flowered hat looks like a peacock threw up on her head)

people who are mean to people with handicaps

people who are racists

people who are homophobic

people who eat all they want and don't gain and ounce

people

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:34 PM

Yes, most definitely!

I'll vouch for her. She really is a rotten banana.....smokin

R U follerin' me scared scared scared

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:30 PM

We don't need more laws, particularly laws that govern the Internet.

Is everyone so frightened that they want laws to protect them from everything? If so, this fear is what will lead us into a perfect police a state.

no, because even if their were laws, I doubt they would be enforced correctly or fairly. So , I will just be a banana.
so in actuality I have been in a relationship with a banana named Chiquita for over four four years? The things you find out on the net!

shocked biggrin bigsmile rofl YOU REALLY said THAT! rofl rofl rofl rofl

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:20 PM

We don't need more laws, particularly laws that govern the Internet.

Is everyone so frightened that they want laws to protect them from everything? If so, this fear is what will lead us into a perfect police state.

no, because even if their were laws, I doubt they would be enforced correctly or fairly. So , I will just be a banana.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:09 PM

FYI:
Using a picture of someone else for your icon is not "impersonation."

Operating under an alias is not impersonation.

Impersonation is when you take on someone else's identity, to include personal information etc.

Not according to some of the new laws passed in California, New York and Texas....but, it don't matter if all the States in the U.S. passes laws...there are no international laws against it. I just learned this. So, I have jumped the fence on this issue. I am a woman I have every right to change my mind...errr...no I am banana bigsmile

That's what is so great about places like this, we discuss, learn, and open up to new things. We learn and see things we may not have before.

It's good to see that you are open to such, and not closed minded and think you know everything like some others may be.

I am still VERY closed-minded on SOME issues...a banana has to have some things that are UN-A-PEEL-ABLE!

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:06 PM

lettuce all be bananas :banana:

Jon and Ibigsmile

Ohhhh you two look so yummmy together drool

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 04:05 PM

FYI:

Impersonation is when you take on someone else's identity, to include personal information etc.

Not according to some of the new laws passed in California, New York and Texas....but, it don't matter if all the States in the U.S. passes laws...there are no international laws against it. I just learned this. So, I have jumped the fence on this issue. I am a woman I have every right to change my mind...errr...no I am banana bigsmile

That's what is so great about places like this, we discuss, learn, and open up to new things. We learn and see things we may not have before.

It's good to see that you are open to such, and not closed minded and think you know everything like some others may be.

I do always strive to seek the truth. Or as close to truth as I can get. I really thought by now we would have had some INTERNATIONAL laws governing the internet...I just never really thought how tough that would be to accomplish. Pert near impossible.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:58 PM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 04:02 PM

FYI:

I would have to see the actual law before I could believe that.
But California is practically a complete police state now anyway so they may have passed some illegal law to that effect.

Would you care to elaborate about this law?

Here is one

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/analysis-californias-online-impersonation-law-effective-january-1/209

there are others you can google...New York, NJ, Texas all relatively new laws. But, like I said, why would it matter now that we know there are no INTERNATIONAL laws. The don't afford us much protection.

I may have given you the wrong link..here is another...there are many links if you google INTERNET LAWS ON IMPERSONATION.

http://sfappeal.com/news/2010/12/online-impersonation-law-goes-into-effect-jan-1.php

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:54 PM
Yes, most definitely!

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:51 PM

FYI:

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:47 PM
I think all the women should be bananas and all the men be gorillas bigsmile

Yellowrose is right. Up to the individual. I guess I used to feel I was pretty safe, now...not so much. scared

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25