Community > Posts By > lilangel2

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:40 PM

I think we should all be afraid to post our real pics now that we have found out there are no INTERNATIONAL laws to protect them.
I really did think there were some laws covering that.
I am GLAD I am NOT in the dating game anymore. I would be reallllly scared scared

The thing is IF there were such laws, how would they be enforced?

plus even the different states have different laws for this. Not even going to figure out the different city laws in other countries...my head hurts enough laugh

IF I am correct....my step dad (retired cop) told me that the laws (which ones to use) would depend on where the complaint (legal or civil) was filed.

I know! You are a mod and you are smart enough to not have a pic! I guess I was just not looking at the WHOLE international aspect of it all. That would be hard to govern.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:37 PM

I think we should all be afraid to post our real pics now that we have found out there are no INTERNATIONAL laws to protect them.
I am GLAD I am NOT in the dating game anymore. I would be reallllly scared scared

The thing is IF there were such laws, how would they be enforced?

They can't beeeeee....shocked shocked shocked scared

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:36 PM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 03:38 PM

I noticed your contribution to the site has skyrocketed VERY recently.
Don't know why but..... Awesome! flowerforyou

Lord don't encourage the girl. Nobody will get a word in edgewise.........smokin

well, I never! tongue2 and I see no girl here, Ima banana:banana:

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:33 PM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 03:34 PM
I am GLAD I am NOT in the dating game anymore. I would be reallllly scared scared Even some of the mods are scared!scared scared scared

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:19 PM

When did this start angel?................lol

Shhhhhhh...don't tell my real name!!!scared scared scared

I am Chiquita :banana:

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 03:15 PM

lettuce all be bananas :banana:

:P Silly lady

not just silly

I am truly SCAREDscared now to post a pic

I can admit when I am wrong scared scared scared

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:54 PM
lettuce all be bananas :banana:

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:51 PM

Ok, let's say theirs an international law that you can't post a pic of a banana with sunglasses. What happens now?

What if you hide behind multiple proxies and spoofers?

There isn't one, I checked bigsmile

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:39 PM
...just call me chiquita

crazy world

Be safe

back to MY REAL LIFE

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:30 PM
It does seem to be true that there really are NO INTERNATIONAL laws prohibiting E-personations. There are even some States in U.S. that do not have any clear laws on this, but There has been an increase in States that are now enacting laws.

I did find one link that shows that there is an attempt of Nations to come together with some sort of blanket internet laws...but, it sure didn't look hopeful. Here is the link if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.ip-watch.org/2012/02/29/un-human-rights-council-rallies-on-right-to-internet-freedom-of-expression/

So, I guess my idea would not be helpful unless their were some sort of international Internet laws pertaining to impersonation.

Back to...good old common sense.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:10 PM

I think his point was that it may be a US law (although it is a vague law and there are some serious loopholes) it is a US LAW and this is an international site. No way to regulate.

That could be quite true. But, if a site is from a location within a certain country, they may still have to abide by the laws set forth for their country, if their are any. The internet and laws that govern it is very vague.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:02 PM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 02:07 PM

What laws are you talking about?

Sorry, I should have clarified this.

It was in response to LILANGELs repeated claim that it's "illegal" to use someone else's picture. pfffft!

If the site operators cannot guaranty my online safety... and they all don't, I will take it upon MYSELF to take necessary precautions. I trust who I want to trust with my pictures.

The law I think is called IMPERSONATION.

Here is one for California. I cannot say what it is for all States or if all States have one, However.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/analysis-californias-online-impersonation-law-effective-january-1/209

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 02:01 PM

One idea that social sites might want to think of is making someone post a 3 clear pics, but allow them to put them private if they wish and only show certain people, but admin. will have pictures to show police if there is ever an issue. Sure the pics could be fake pics, but than that would be against the law and prosecutable. And ISP would show who the real person is. This would not be fullproof...breathing is not fullproof, but could help.

Uh, since when does an image rule created by a website equal a law?

I am not sure of your question? Are you saying there is no law against using someone's pic as your own?

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:28 AM
Personally, I still think that good old common sense should be used and if it seems odd, it generally is. Definately never give out personal info or meet with someone that cannot produce a pic, a phone number, and, I even think ,a video chat.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:22 AM
One idea that social sites might want to think of is making someone post a 3 clear pics, but allow them to put them private if they wish and only show certain people, but admin. will have pictures to show police if there is ever an issue. Sure the pics could be fake pics, but than that would be against the law and prosecutable. And ISP would show who the real person is. This would not be fullproof...breathing is not fullproof, but could help.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:14 AM

I have used the ghost rider picture from day one, back when I first came on here in 06.... I do have more recent pictures up on my profile
if they want to see them then they can go to my profile!!!! I am a biker and I just like my ghost rider pic.....bigsmile

I think it is cool too. I have a cartoon pic of me I put up from time to time. And, like you I have other pics.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:10 AM
Edited by lilangel2 on Fri 05/18/12 11:17 AM
It is harder to hide with a clear picture. There are ways you can actually identify that pic. It is also illegal to use other people's pics claiming it to be you and you can be prosecuted for this.The more different clear pics to me the better to assure safety. So, I do feel that not having to put up a pic does make it easier for someone to hide. Just my opinion.

What if all at once, everyone where to put up an inanimate pic. What kind of site would that be? I wonder if the people with no pics would even want to visit there?

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 10:38 AM

Post a 100 pics of yourself...
Still won't help me know who you are OR what you're up to on here. JMHO

I noticed your contribution to the site has skyrocketed VERY recently.
Don't know why but..... Awesome! flowerforyou

Perhaps not, but when someone is very adamant about NOT posting a picture, it does send up a red flag.

I tend to think so, too. But, I don't have to talk to those people or add them to my friend's list. And I won't. I do have to admit I was a bit lax on this before. Live and learn.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 10:37 AM
So, there you have it. It is up to the individual to insure their own safety on Mingle2 and probably all other places on the internet. We just have to use our own plain common sense.

lilangel2's photo
Fri 05/18/12 10:31 AM

We do not heavily enforce this particular statement: "you should be in all photos"

Preferably, yes, you should be in all photos. The problem with that is, people like to express themselves. The main Photo, should be of you, as for the rest, be it a photo of your pets, car, home, etc. does let you say a little bit more about you, your lifestyle and interests.

Also, some people do not wish to make their photos public, for whatever reason, so we do have a private photo option, and the person may use an avatar as their main image.

The main concern for photos are as follows:

No nude/highly suggestive pics, or photos which only focus on one area of the body, as to display certain attributes. I will mention also, that headless/shirtless photos also fall into this category.

Photos which contain personal contact information, such as phone numbers or email addresses are not allowed, as well as personal identification. This is for the safety of our members.

bloody/gory images, intimidating photos, or otherwise disturbing images.

We realize you are all adults here, however, we do want to maintain a decent website.

As for forcing folks to have a photo, i do not think that will happen, no.

Thanks for the info, Mark

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25