Community > Posts By > willowdraga

willowdraga's photo
Wed 01/16/13 09:34 AM
Edited by willowdraga on Wed 01/16/13 09:35 AM
And the real hypocrisy is that if guns were a deterrent like lied about...this country would have the lowest crime rate in the world, there is a gun here for each and every one of us.

Criminals don't know if there is a gun when they do their crimes, they do them anyway.

willowdraga's photo
Wed 01/16/13 09:32 AM
Who was it that said, "It will be a sad day in this country when our children have to attend school under armed guard"

It was one of our presidents.

That day has arrived and our gun crazies in this country don't even realize that they are perpetuating the problem not helping by hugging and loving their guns.

I can not even imagine the fear I would have felt as a child looking at an armed guard in front of my school to (falsely) protect me from being mowed down in class.

Which the gun won't protect them anyway because it is holstered and safetied. They would be dead before the gunman could shoot the supposed savior for unholstering his weapon....

You can ask Reagan if all those guns saved his butt from being shot.
JFK was surrounded by holstered guns didn't save his life.
Etc....

The only way all these new guns would save anyone is if they are in your hand 24/7/365 unsaftied finger on the trigger....lol

No one can live well like that and those around them are in real danger of being accidentally shot like with the cops now.

willowdraga's photo
Wed 01/16/13 09:22 AM

Whether he is homosexual or not don't matter.

No one deserves to have sex forced upon them (rape). By either sex.

:thumbsup:

Like Andy said, its not rocket science. I think everyone knows what a violent crime is.

And for your information, rape is not about sex, it is about violence.

frustrated

So What is the point of this thread anyway?

I'll add that if the guy had been carrying a semi-automatic hand gun, I doubt if anyone would have gotten away with a gang rape.

I don't know if a gun would have helped in this place as the article reads he was lured into a building so it sounds like he knew these people. Either way; its a horrible thing to happen and I hope they throw the book at these animals.
It all depends on the situation. If they thought to check him for a gun, then maybe not, if not, then it is often true you can find a moment to pull forth your equalizer. What is always true, is that without a weapon 4 on 1 is not good odds.

I agree. I am just saying that from the article; it sounds like he knew the people and was caught off guard with them. A baseball bat would have been a nice equalizer too. bigsmile
I hear ya, but when you are at the moment in the ambush when you realize you have been ambushed, if you still have time to do something it is far more likely you can pull a gun out of a hidden place, than a bat.

. . and I know that this is not your point. My point is that we want good guys to have weapons to protect themselves, even those of us who seek to ban guns would want one if they found themselves in that situation and thought they could use it to save themselves or their loved ones.

The problem that we ALL have with guns in society is making sure that only the good guys have them.

The problems we face are numerous, the two biggest ones: how do you tell who is a bad guy; How do you keep bad guys from getting a small easily concealable item

History is full of examples of governments trying and failing to be able to prevent people from getting easily concealable items, usually at great cost.

It seems to me that the main narrative we hear is one that has stopped asking these questions. It assumes they are answered.

I think you bring up a good point? Who are the bad guys? My niece married a good guy but when he started drinking and having domestic squabbles; he threatened to shoot her and the kids with his rifle. The police removed weapons immediately and he is banned from ever owning a weapon again.

Agreed.

willowdraga's photo
Wed 01/16/13 09:20 AM

Rape is wrong for the same reason all preemptive violence/force is wrong. It violates the rights of the individual.

Conceptually it is interesting to see those that are quick to remove other rights fight for this same autonomy, use the same language, point out the same absurd conclusions of not respecting those rights, but then fail to see the comparisons.

Although the comparison is not there.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because you can bring an intelligent argument to the table making it at least interesting. Regarding guns, the rights of a gun toter should not outweigh the rights of those who do not want to have their children shot by said gun toter or his family or friends or whoever steals his gun. Comparison is not there.

The point of the thread was that when a man gets raped by a women, there is never NEVER anyone to say he asked for it by how he dressed, how he spoke, how he acted, etc...

Mind you, it missed all of the respondents on the thread also that no one said this.

willowdraga's photo
Tue 01/15/13 09:07 AM
Here is the best advice I can give you. Recovery is a personal process. You cannot help one through it.

If they are recovering, they need to be alone and not in a relationship. You can be a friend to talk to but cannot offer any help as in financial support, cigs, place to stay, nothing.

The process of working through the pain they used as an excuse to keep using has to include complete and utter self reliance and self responsibility, otherwise they fall back into their dependent behavior.

Timing for a full relationship is not good until they are recovered and have been for a good while.

If you don't understand this, you are not ready for the information yet. It will mean something to you later.

Stay strong and work on yourself.

willowdraga's photo
Tue 01/15/13 09:00 AM
Again, no one can dispute that if guns were real deterrents to crimes the US would have the lowest crime rate in the world. There is one gun here for each of us.

No criminal knows for sure there is no gun where they commit their crime. Nor do they know if a passerby or whoever won't have one.

So the idea of a gun being there doesn't stop them.

They aren't afraid of guns....

Guns are not a deterrent to crime. Guns give those who believe it, imaginary protection from imagined fearful intruders. Who in truth are not afraid of the gun.

willowdraga's photo
Tue 01/15/13 08:55 AM

I guess those pesky criminals are like me, they just aren't afraid of those pesky guns....

What to do?

What you THINK you sound like...

What you really sound like...

What you are more than likely going to do if a situation got really hostile...

My past experience is that people who talk brave like you do are the first to flee!

Let me see, a 900 pound bear is mauling your child. How exactly are you planning on saving YOUR CHILD WITHOUT A GUN? CALL THE POLICE?

How about you are home and it is 3.30 am and two men ingress you home and you are hiding in your bedroom and suddenly you have two men glaring at you and one of them is dropping his trousers and grinning from under his mask. Who you gonna call, GHOSTBUSTERS? Hit them with a broomstick? Threaten them with a curse? Or maybe you are sick in the head and welcome an attack like this and get your freak on! So how would you chose to defend yourself? Call men with guns to help you?

Come on smart azz! How would you protect yourself? Maybe you are a Martial Artist? Or did a couple of weekend self defense classes suddenly wake up your mastery of Kung Fu? I got it. YOU OWN A T.A.D.A.R.D.I.S.! Lucky you!

Oh Andy, I already told you to stop blowing the hot air my way.

You waste it here.

Froggie?

How do you want it? I have stood my ground to men a lot bigger and more motivated to start something with me than you... I have faced down dogs with a lot more bite than you bare handed. I stopped carrying a knife YEARS ago becasue I did not want to provoke a situation where I have been in fights becasue some jerk has to start something with me becasue of a knife on my side. Only twice have I ever resorted in my life to actually pulling a knife in a fight. These days I just resort to what I learned the hard way. So you are not offering for me to step onto a mat are you? That would be a horrendous mistake on your part especially if you assume a black belt will spare you me. What makes you think I will fight anyone with any rules or decorum? I don't fight. I do however regulate. So hot air? You are the one teasing a dragon here. Be careful, I do breath fire. I just have yet to do it.

About that hot air...

Froggie? I already am air born!

Notice how I am gracefully embracing the air like a lover? Air under the soles of my webbed feet? Where will I land?

Seriously, are you offering to take me on in a fist fight? Is that what you are implying? Is that what you mean by "Froggie?" Do I dare take you on?

You are aware you are SOOOO tempting a side of me you really would not want to see! Lucifer himself is scared poopless of my dark side!

Or do you fancy yourself a master of a war of whits? Unfair! I am up against an unarmed opponent! The victory would feel hollow!

If you want to debate do so with real reason, real facts, and real information. Not lies, propaganda, and self belief! Nope, Facts to you are like soap to you in a bath evidently. You appear to be afraid of one so you must be afraid of the other. How is that for a fallacy? Can you identify it?

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You have nothin for me sweetie. Waste of my time as usual.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 05:37 PM
Is it true if you live by the sword you die by the sword?

Feel a gun is necessity, maybe die by/because of this necessity?

None of which changes the fact that the US should have the lowest crime rate of the world if guns are a deterrent, there is one for all of the population.

Guns are obviously not a deterrent if the idea of a gun being there is suppose to be a deterrent.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 05:24 PM
slaphead slaphead slaphead slaphead whoa

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 05:21 PM
If Dems had said the ignorant rape things listed it would be about Dems, etc...

The fact that there is a need to teach these men what not to say, it actually the issue.

They have never been taught by self realized women about women and how sex is never to be forced no matter how naked anyone is or how suggestive they look, speak, act, etc....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:51 PM

No one can dispute the fact that if guns were really a deterrent the US would have the smallest crime rate in the world. No criminal here knows whether there is a gun or not when they commit their crimes.

So they obviously do it without knowing if there is a gun or not.

So guns are no deterrent to crime.

It appears those who fear guns the most are the ones who have them because they see the false power of having them?

I wonder how many other differences other countries, such as those in Europe have from the U.S... To assume that base on this one difference would be a fallacy as Mexico doesn't allow civilians to have guns yet they have a higher homicide rate, and Switzerland requires (or strongly encourages) military issued assault rifles be kept in the closet of every household (this is linked to military service). The Swiss have a much lower homicide rates than most countries.

Now that we are on the subject... In the U.S. Clinton banned assault rifles, yet, Columbine occurred smack dab in the middle of this ban. And furthermore gun violence, overall, continued to decline after the ban was lifted... This can't help but make you wonder... As with Washington D.C. who lifted its strict gun laws without a climb in gun violence. Another example would be Chicago, Illinois. They have the strictest gun laws in the country, yet the highest crime rate. Given this information how can one conclude that restricting firearms would have any impact on the U.S. and its crime rates? In fact, gun laws seem to have virtually no impact on crime, which is unfortunate for both sides of the debate. (Although making them illegal does help cartels make a few extra bucks.) So why are we not pursuing mental healthcare as a better alternative method of preventing tragedies? This would do nothing but benefit everyone, would it not?

That being said... I understand your frustration with those who believe they are untouchable because they have a firearm. However, people do fear losing them as it does put them at a disadvantage to anyone still wielding the said firearm (which is anyone with the political pull to still own one or career criminal who purchases one on the black market). Power is so subjective in this argument as, in a way, it would give a 90 lb woman more "power" to defend herself against a 250 lb man under certain circumstances. Again, i point out, UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, as nothing is, or ever will be, fool proof. Which leads me to question... You say the government has no fear of guns because they have bigger and more powerful ones. But if guns don't make you more powerful then how did they achieve this status?

Oh what a relief your posts are. :smile:

Mental Health is a big issue and for some reason an impossible issue to get them to pay any attention to. I have fought for more mental health screenings and care since the 90s when I became aware of the massive lack in this country. So we are in perfect agreement there and maybe we can get the gun advocates to work for it too and then maybe it will get done. Gun ownership should have extensive mental health checks regularly, it would help with the murder suicides and stuff of that nature.

Ok, the issue with the weapon is that holstered with the safety on it is almost no protection unless someone announces they are about to attack you and gives you time to unholster it and unsafety it, right? In order for a gun to be the "protection" the NRA and gun fanatics claim it to be, it would have to be in your hand, with the safety off and finger on the trigger when the threat happens, like in your scenerio with the 90 pound women. I have had the joy of being attacked in domestic violence situations and in stranger situations, a gun would not have made it better for me as it was too fast and too close for the gun to have been effective. My mind and body prevented my death possibly on a few occasions. The gun would have been stolen from me and used probably to commit some terrible crime elsewhere if not on me. Which I am not afraid of death so to me the worst would be someone else being killed by my weapon which I was stupid enough to let get stolen.....noway

As to the power of the gun. The folly is the "gun balls", gun craziness..... There are gun owners out there and I hope they are the majority because I am not anti gun, I am anti gun crazy, who have the weapon for an extreme situation that they know will never happen and they pay that weapon no mind other than to keep it safe and make sure no one steals it or no kids get it. They realize it will not help them in the case of a house break in most likely because it is locked away safely for the kids sake. These gun owners take all non gun precautions to make sure they are safe and their families are safe. They live as if they don't even have a gun and don't need for anyone to know they have a gun except the proper authorities. I support these gun owners and that is why I am not anti gun. Because I believe these are the closest to sanity you get with a gun.

The government has gone beyond the firepower of a gun, wouldn't you say? Just their intelligence, surveillance, covert possibility, etc... alone make a mere gun useless against it, right? But in the scenario of "my gun is bigger than your gun", they win. So that makes them more powerful.

Smarter can out beat a gun every time. Even when faced with our government. Look at the successful attacks on us. It wasn't a gun that did it.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:11 PM
The only reason they think so is because they were taught that a woman deserves it at some level and since they are men and cannot feel it from a woman's perspective, it can't be all that bad, right?

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:08 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that if guns were a deterrent the US would have the lowest crime rate in the world.

Guns don't deter anything.

There is no criminal in the US who can be sure there is no gun where they commit their crime. None. The do the crime knowing that a gun might be there anyway

So no gun is a deterrent to a crime.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:00 PM

Whether he is homosexual or not don't matter.

No one deserves to have sex forced upon them (rape). By either sex.

:thumbsup:

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:44 PM

New 'sensitivity training' teaches Republicans that rape is bad

That fact they need it, shows how ignorant they are.....

Gee, I'm glad I'm an Independent....I hate being called ignorant...Pretty insensitive if you ask me:tongue: ...What do you call Democrats?...

Anyone who needs this kind of sensitivity training shows ignorance...not specific to party.

Ignorance just means you don't know any better...need to learn....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:40 PM
frustrated slaphead

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:30 PM

I guess those pesky criminals are like me, they just aren't afraid of those pesky guns....

What to do?

What you THINK you sound like...

What you really sound like...

What you are more than likely going to do if a situation got really hostile...

My past experience is that people who talk brave like you do are the first to flee!

Let me see, a 900 pound bear is mauling your child. How exactly are you planning on saving YOUR CHILD WITHOUT A GUN? CALL THE POLICE?

How about you are home and it is 3.30 am and two men ingress you home and you are hiding in your bedroom and suddenly you have two men glaring at you and one of them is dropping his trousers and grinning from under his mask. Who you gonna call, GHOSTBUSTERS? Hit them with a broomstick? Threaten them with a curse? Or maybe you are sick in the head and welcome an attack like this and get your freak on! So how would you chose to defend yourself? Call men with guns to help you?

Come on smart azz! How would you protect yourself? Maybe you are a Martial Artist? Or did a couple of weekend self defense classes suddenly wake up your mastery of Kung Fu? I got it. YOU OWN A T.A.D.A.R.D.I.S.! Lucky you!

Oh Andy, I already told you to stop blowing the hot air my way.

You waste it here.

Froggie?

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:26 PM

Except if guns were a deterrent to crime, the US would have the smallest crime rate in the world...No criminal knows for sure there is no gun where they commit their crimes in this country.

So that makes gun not a deterrent to crime at all....

Tell it to the Swiss...I'm sure they could benefit from your advice regarding guns and crime...Even the Swiss need a good laugh from time to time, just like the rest of us.

Still didn't discount the fact that if guns were a deterrent, the US would have the smallest crime stats of the world because there is one gun for every living US citizen at this point.

And they don't stop em now...lol

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:21 PM
'Horrific' sexual assault leads to 6 arrests in B.C.
6 arrested in Prince George include 4 youths, 2 young adults
CBC News
Posted: Jan 10, 2013 8:57 PM PT
Last Updated: Jan 11, 2013 7:50 AM PT
Video Content
Play VideoSix people are arrested for sexual assault in Prince George, B.C.Prince George sex assault2:06
Six people in B.C. including four youths have been arrested in connection with what RCMP are calling a "horrific sexual assault" on a young male who police believe was lured to a Prince George apartment earlier this week.
1600 Juniper Street Prince George

Police say the investigation began on Monday when they were tipped off that a male was lying in a snow bank behind an apartment building on the 1600 block of Juniper Street.

The unconscious youth was taken to hospital where it was determined he had been physically and sexually assaulted. Police then also learned that a second youth had also been assaulted, according to Cpl Craig Douglass.

"Police have determined that the victims were targeted and lured to the apartment building where they were assaulted by a group consisting of both youths and young adults," alleged Douglass.

Over the next two days investigators from the serious crime unit executed five search warrants and arrested six people including:

An 18-year-old male.
A 20-year-old female.
Three male youths.
One female youth.

One victim remains in hospital in serious but stable condition.

"I haven't come across in my career, and I have had officers with more than 20 years experience tell me the same thing, in regards to the fact that youth and young adults can carry out such disturbing acts," said Douglass.

"This is a very disturbing investigation. We will do everything we can to bring those responsible to justice," said Douglass.

Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Prince George RCMP at 250-561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/01/10/bc-prince-george-sexual-assault.html?cmp=rss

I wonder how he/they asked for the rape? They must have went to the wrong bar and acted seductive and dressed inappropriately. That is why women get it right?

slaphead

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:42 PM

You don't have to read me you know?

My posts are for those who understand them or want the understanding.

Your posts are hogwash, but then I enjoy a good laugh and great comedy

They won't always go over your head. The lightbulb will go off one day.