Community > Posts By > willowdraga

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:40 PM
I guess those pesky criminals are like me, they just aren't afraid of those pesky guns....

What to do?

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:39 PM
Except if guns were a deterrent to crime, the US would have the smallest crime rate in the world...No criminal knows for sure there is no gun where they commit their crimes in this country.

So that makes gun not a deterrent to crime at all....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:35 PM
No one can dispute the fact that if guns were really a deterrent the US would have the smallest crime rate in the world. No criminal here knows whether there is a gun or not when they commit their crimes.

So they obviously do it without knowing if there is a gun or not.

So guns are no deterrent to crime.

It appears those who fear guns the most are the ones who have them because they see the false power of having them?

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:30 PM

But maybe it might stop a taught by his mother gun crazy kid from mowing down the whole kindergarten class down the street.

Haven't you heard?...The rumour mill has it that that was just a setup by your sweet president to ensure he gets to be the only gun crazy in the country.

By who the NRA who is afraid they aren't going to be able to sell enough guns and make their favorite investors more money? Or the gun crazies who are afraid he is really going to take their guns away?

President Obama is not and has never been hard enough on guns and he won't now either because he is a constitutional lawyer who trusts the founders knew what they were talking about even though he is wrong on this one. They could not foresee the future so their ideals are not right for the times.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:24 PM
You don't have to read me you know?

My posts are for those who understand them or want the understanding.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:17 PM
There is one thing that no one can dispute. If the idea of a gun being there makes more people behave, the US would have the least crime rate of the world.

It just isn't true that a gun is a deterent of any kind. When a crime is committed the criminal doesn't know if there is a gun or not.

Example in the theater shooting here, he had no idea if the whole theater had guns. It was midnight showing, people are more likely to be armed at that time of night while they are out. There were no metal detectors at the doors.

So if guns were a deterrent, none of the crimes that happen would happen.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 02:08 PM
All you have to do is look at his ilk, those he stands with, to know it is a bunch of extreme crap.

He is associated with and praised like Ron Paul who is a racist anarchist.

I really hate to boost his ego and watch the damn video which will make me sick I am sure and waste my time.....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 01:28 PM
New 'sensitivity training' teaches Republicans that rape is bad

by Kaili Joy GrayFollow

28 Comments / 28 New

The word
Enrollment now open for Don't Say Stupid **** About Rape 101
Are you a Republican who has a devil of a time not opening your piehole and letting gobsmackingly stupid **** about rape spew right out of it? Do you fear that you might open said piehole when the cameras are rolling, and it's a slow news day, and you might inadvertently focus national attention on the aforementioned stupid ****? Do you have a hard time remembering what even a member of Mitt Romney's braintrust thinks is a simple guideline: "If you’re about to talk about rape as anything other than a brutal and horrible crime, stop."

Well, fear no more! The Susan B. Anthony List—an organization dedicated to restricting women's health care—has the solution for you:

Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser said the lawmakers are falling for a trap set by proponents of abortion rights who want to focus the debate on extremes such as rape instead of other abortions.

“It’s a tactic to [force pro-life lawmakers to] talk about this rather than the 98 percent of abortions because they know that they lose it,” Dannenfelser said.

She said that SBA List is working on a new training program for candidates and lawmakers to “make sure that in future elections, a candidate can never with a straight face say, ‘I never thought about that or I got caught flat-footed.’”

That's right, Republicans. Your friends at SBA are taking time out of their busy schedule of hating women to set up a new program that will train you to hate women, but in a sensitive way that doesn't cost your party supposedly safe seats in the House and Senate. Because lord knows how those mean gotcha reporters in the lamestream media are always tricking Republicans into volunteering their opinions about how, for example, women have magic lady parts that can detect and deflect legitimate rape sperm. Or how some women rape easy. Or how when your rapist impregnates you, that's just God's way of telling you how super special you are to Him. Damn librul media.

SBA isn't the only organization that thinks Republican politicians need to go to how-to-not-say-stupid-****-about-rape boot camp:

Marina Ein, whose public relations firm does crisis communications, said the party needs some kind of “sensitivity training” for its candidates if it wants to do better in the next elections.

“It all boils down to whether or not the Republican Party thinks this is a problem,” she said. “If they want to make inroads with women, then they need to subject every one of their candidates to sensitivity training — not to mention reality training.”

The training would have to “educate politicians on subjects that are absolutely taboo, except to say, ‘I sympathize with the pain of anyone who goes through fill-in-the-blank,’” she said.

Right. In other words, the problem for Republicans isn't their ideology or their platform that is at odds with science, reality, and, oh yeah, public opinion. Now that the problem has been identified, with a little training, Republicans can learn how to fight for their deeply unpopular draconian agenda without actually talking about it. And voila! Problem solved.

Originally posted to Kaili Joy Gray on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM PST.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/14/1178886/-New-training-course-teaches-Republicans-that-rape-is-bad#

That fact they need it, shows how ignorant they are.....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:27 PM
The laws will be changed in my favor on this one.

The founding fathers lived in a different time. Guns were needed then and could over throw the government then.

None of it applies now.

Gun don't deter crime because if they did all crime would end. People commit crimes with no knowledge if there is a gun there or not. It doesn't stop em.

Guns are a false sense of security.

They fail their owners and sometimes kill their owners family and friends either by their owners hand or someone who get ahold of them.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:24 PM

You know youtube isn't valid news though right? Just opinion peices altered and fixed how the creator wants them to be.

They are mostly false.
how about your so-called "Facts"?
Me thinks they belong into the same category!

Lucky for you you have the right to be wrong, it is in the bill of rights.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:21 PM

I am definitely more calm and peaceful and logical than any gun toter is because I don't feel the fear needed to need a gun.
yep,your Posts show it!laugh

I know they do.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:20 PM
The founding fathers were in a whole different world than we are in today. Guns were needed in their day. Guns could have overthrown the sitting government in their day.

Not today.. None of it applies today.

If guns were a deterrent like lied about from the NRA, there would be less crime period because who knows who has a gun? Crimes are committed taking the chance the victim is a gun owner in almost all cases. Because they have no way of knowing if they are packin or not.

Except in the cases of known to each other crimes and it doesn't matter there either because if you know where they keep the gun you have the jump on them.

The protective factor of a gun is false security.

The NRA wants you to buy more guns, that is all the fearmongering is about.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:14 PM
I am definitely more calm and peaceful and logical than any gun toter is because I don't feel the fear needed to need a gun.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:07 PM
Scream all you want but I will fight for the kids.

I couldn't care less if gun toters kill each other they ask for it because they feel the need to tote but kids have to put up with crazies and I will fight for them and the innocent peaceful folks who don't feel the need to be gun crazy I will fight for them too.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:00 PM
Edited by willowdraga on Mon 01/14/13 12:03 PM
Accidents and Tragedies

By Vincent Iannelli, M.D., About.com Guide

Updated January 09, 2013

Childhood gun and shooting accidents are not rare.

They are one of the top ten leading causes of accidental death for all age groups outside of newborns and infants.

In 2007, there were 122 unintentional firearm deaths in children, and an additional 3,060 nonfatal gun and shooting accidents, which resulted in an estimated 1,375 children needing to be hospitalized for their injuries. Unintentional firearm deaths in children have remained at about the same levels since, with 114 deaths in children and teens less than age 18 in 2010.

These gun and shooting accidents, all tragedies, highlight the importance of learning about gun safety and discussing gun safety with your pediatrician.
Gun and Shooting Accidents

Some more recent gun and shooting accidents involving children include:

a 2-year-old in Cooper County, Missouri, died after shooting himself in the head with a handgun that "he got a hold of" in his house.
a 3-year-old in Loris, South Carolina, near Myrtle Beach, died after shooting himself in the head with a pistol that he found in the car.
a 5-year-old in Belleville, Illinois, near St. Louis, was accidentally shot in the head with a shotgun by his10-year-old brother.
a 3-year-old in Maryland Heights, Missouri, near St. Louis, who shot himself once in the chest, died. He found the gun in his parents bedroom, one of whom is a police officer.
a 2-year-old was shot in the head by his 5-year-old brother in Connersville, Indiana who was playing with a gun he found in a bedroom. The boy, a twin, died of the gun shot.
a 3-year-old in St. Louis, Missouri who died after she shot herself in the head with a gun she found tucked between two mattresses.
a 6-year-old who was shot and killed by his 11-year-old stepbrother, in what was initially thought to be an accident, but the boy is now facing possible murder charges. The two boys were left home alone at the time of the shooting in Martinsville, Indiana.
a 10-year-old in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi died after he shot himself with his grandfather's gun that he found in his nightstand. He would have been going into the fifth grade next fall.
a 15-year-old from Cherry Hill, Baltimore was shot in the head and killed by a 12-year-old friend who was playing with the gun during a sleepover.
a 5-year-old from Bossier City, Louisiana found a loaded handgun a cabinet in his home, and accidentally shot and killed himself.
a 2-year-old near Fresno, California found a loaded, semi-automatic handgun in his home, walked into a bedroom with the gun, and it fired, striking and killing his 6-year-old sister.
a 3-year-old in South Carolina was shot in his upper boy by his uncle who was cleaning his gun when it accidentally fire. The toddler died in emergency surgery.
a 2-year-old in Georgia was shot in the back by a 9 or 10-year-old who found a gun in a van they were all playing in while the toddler's family was preparing to move to a new apartment.
a 2-year-old in Phoenix was shot in the face with a handgun by her 8-year-old brother, who thought he was playing with a toy gun he found on the floor of his grandfather's apartment.

Etc.... and so on...

One child death is too many

As adults we should be more concerned about the children than hugging a gun....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 11:55 AM
One child killed by a legal gun is too much, too many,....

And if we don't care about the kids enough to stop it then we as a country suck big time.....

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 11:53 AM
Gun Accidents Kill 500 Kids a Year
posted Friday, August 1, 2008
filed under: family
Like this story? Sign up: sign up for the momlogic newsletter Share: Tweet This

Advice every parent needs to hear about firearm safety.
protect_kids_from_guns270.jpg

Getty Images

This week, a toddler fatally shot himself after finding a gun in his parent's car. According to Jackson, Miss., authorities, the 3-year-old was sitting in the car at a gas station when he found the gun in the front seat and shot himself in the face. Police questioned the boy's parents, but no charges have been filed.

But these aren't freak accidents. More than 500 children die annually from accidental gunshots. Some shoot themselves, while others kill friends or siblings after discovering a gun.

Here are more scary stats: Americans own 200 million firearms, and 35 percent of homes contain at least one gun. Last year, a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found more than 1.7 million children live in homes with loaded and unlocked guns.

And if you do own a gun and think your kid won't get to it, listen to this: A recent study published in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found 39 percent of kids knew where their parent's guns were stored, while 22 percent said they had handled the weapons despite adult's warnings to stay away. What's more, age was not a factor in whether children had played with the guns -- 5-year-olds were just as likely to report doing so as
14-year-olds.

Here are just a few heartbreaking cases:

-On July 19, 4-year-old Dylan Jackson shot himself to death after finding a loaded gun at a friend's home during a birthday party..........................

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/protect_your_kids_from_guns.php#ixzz2HyuG8qHy
http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/protect_your_kids_from_guns.php

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 11:51 AM
These are old statistics but valid

Article
Injury is the leading cause of death for persons aged 1-44 years in the United States. More than half (55%) of all injury-related deaths are caused by motor vehicles and firearms (1). Although the number of deaths from motor-vehicle crashes has exceeded those from firearms, since 1968, differences in the number of deaths have declined: from 1968 through 1991, motor-vehicle- related deaths decreased by 21% (from 54,862 to 43,536) while firearm-related deaths increased by 60% (from 23,875 to 38,317) (1). Based on these trends, by the year 2003, the number of firearm-related deaths will surpass the number of motor-vehicle crashes, and firearms will become the leading cause of injury-related death (Figure 1). This report compares trends and patterns of deaths resulting from firearm- and motor-vehicle- related injuries in the United States from 1968 through 1991. Information about firearm- and motor-vehicle-related injury deaths was obtained from mortality data files maintained by CDC's National Center for Health Statistics. Rates were calculated by using population estimates obtained from the U.S. Bureau of the Census.

From 1968 through 1991, the number of firearm-related deaths exceeded the number of motor-vehicle crash-related deaths every year in the District of Columbia and for 17 of the 24 years in Alaska. Before 1990, the number of firearm-related deaths exceeded that of motor-vehicle-related deaths in any year in no more than two states and the District of Columbia. In 1990, however, the number of firearm-related deaths equaled or exceeded motor-vehicle- related deaths in five states (Alaska, Louisiana, Maryland, New York, and Texas) and the District of Columbia, and in 1991, in seven states (California, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Texas, and Virginia) and the District of Columbia. In addition, in 1991, the number of motor-vehicle-related deaths exceeded the number of firearm-related deaths by 10% or less in eight states (Alaska, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, ........

http://wonder.cdc.gov/wonder/prevguid/m0023655/m0023655.asp

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 11:37 AM
Too many innocent people die from legal guns...there is no way around that fact.

So the laws will be changing to control them more.

Be mad about it but it is going to happen in the name of 20 6 year olds gunned down in their classroom in under a minute.

willowdraga's photo
Mon 01/14/13 11:30 AM
You know youtube isn't valid news though right? Just opinion peices altered and fixed how the creator wants them to be.

They are mostly false.