Community > Posts By > ViaMusica

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 07/06/13 06:55 AM
Meh, my photo is up, the things I talk about tend to be pretty much the same all over the internet, and my writing style has been labeled "unique" by some. laugh So while I won't give out first and last to just any ol' website (got 'em on Facebook though so the folks -- all two of 'em -- from here who are friends with me there do know), I should probably introduce myself properly:

Hello, I'm Karen, also known variously as Ana.

That second name is my most frequently-used pen name as a writer and on non-dating-site message boards, and is the name of my persona in the Society for Creative Anachronism (a medieval historical recreation organization).

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:44 PM
Wait... I thought we were talking "obscure" and "forgotten"...?

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:43 PM
What about Jean-Luc Ponty?

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:42 PM
A blast from the past...

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:40 PM
Still working my way through Gore Vidal's "Creation", but now I'm also re-reading "Michaelmas" by Algis Budrys.

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:31 PM

Wtf Via did you lose a contact too? must have been a good night!
WTF!
Sounds like her song could be, Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off.
I'd pay ta see that.

You'll be waiting a LONG time.

I'm allergic to tequila. sick slaphead

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:30 PM
Princess, lots of birthday wishes to you! flowerforyou

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:29 PM

awesome - knocked off 4 miles on the elliptical and now sipping a genuine columbus pale ale...yum :)

I've had that. It's quite good!

Me, I'm torn between writing... and sleeping...

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 09:26 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Fri 07/05/13 09:27 PM

:tongue:

When they won't put out! :tongue: laugh

might make u feel better to know that we'll put you out if you ask nicelygrumble

laugh laugh laugh tongue2

rofl rofl rofl

(I didn't even know he was on fire!)

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 08:30 PM
:smile:

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 07:28 PM

a phone call from him.

Actually, this is an alphabetical game, so you should start your entry with the next letter of the alphabet. Care to try an entry beginning with the letter "N"?

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 06:04 PM
Oh jeez, call centers in India. whoa

Only reason I can understand them is because I dated a guy from India for a while back in my twenties and got used to listening to him and his roommates talk.

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 04:24 PM
WTF did I do with that other earring? what grumble

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 02:35 PM

Wow, Timmy's is playing that kind of game now?

{{{ Via }}} :laughing: you made me laugh, I wasn't sure if I was allowed
to say who it was (name dropping)
are they in the lower 48 as well now, I've always wonderd that as I
haven't been there for 10-11 years.

I was thinking of a sneaky way of saying it
Like this comedian that had a gripe with an airline and said "I wont say
the name of the airline but I will say ....its an .....America airline:laughing:
...so now where's you story? Too late for story time?
tommorrow you say! Ok then, we'll hold you to it. :laughing:

Yeah, we have them in some states, especially the ones closest to Canada around the Great Lakes. Wish we had them here in Cleveland (and it's odd that we don't).

My gripe? Probably automated self-service systems on the phone lines for Every. Flippin'. Thing.

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 02:30 PM

Pomposity or condescension. Alternatively, being so intensely quiet that I feel like I'm carrying the entire conversation.

Although I will say I've dated a couple of guys who were that quiet, and yet whose company I enjoyed enough to continue dating them. In both cases, when they DID open their mouths and say something, it was worth listening to. And while I'm admittedly a chatterbox and hated feeling like even more of one by comparison, both informed me repeatedly that they loved to listen because I was funny. So what seemed like an imbalance in one way actually balanced in others, I guess. *shrug* laugh
we menOfewwords need chatterboxs laugh

That's what he said. Well, they. flowerforyou

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 02:24 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Fri 07/05/13 02:25 PM
Pomposity or condescension. Alternatively, being so intensely quiet that I feel like I'm carrying the entire conversation.

Although I will say I've dated a couple of guys who were that quiet, and yet whose company I enjoyed enough to continue dating them. In both cases, when they DID open their mouths and say something, it was worth listening to. And while I'm admittedly a chatterbox and hated feeling like even more of one by comparison, both informed me repeatedly that they loved to listen because I was funny. So what seemed like an imbalance in one way actually balanced in others, I guess. *shrug* laugh

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 02:19 PM

right but in a real friendship there is an existing emotional attachment, by definition there is an attachment. If the FWB is more like an NSA to one partner but the other thinks there is a real friendship there....that is what I have seen happen and it's been the men who made it into an NSA saying they were a "Friend." Sorry but I stand on a real friend will not suggest using you for sex

Like I said, we had an existing friendship before sex entered the equation, and it was mutual. So it was all good for us, but I will admit we may well have been the exception to whatever is the rule. LOL

and part of the definiton of terms maybe our generation gap too - I still think in terms of boyfriends, lover, fiance, husband lol

"Generation gap"? laugh If your profile is correct, there's only a 4 or 5 year difference in our ages. My 49th birthday is next month. We're both late-cohort Baby Boomers.

I guess as far as ur friend JK, I can't honestly say I'd get involved with someone sexually who said they don't want romance. I cannot see a separation of the two. For me sex & romance go together. but perhaps I am not understanding you completely

For me they normally (and preferably) do too, but at the time I was both looking for an outlet, and also was young and still experimenting to figure out what worked for me and where my personal boundaries were. I'd become engaged quite young (19) to my first love/first sexual partner, and while I didn't marry him I was at this point only about 3 years or so past the end of that relationship and still trying to define myself in terms of me rather than in terms of the "us" I had been part of. I think this was part of that process for me.

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 11:27 AM

I don't affiliate myself with any one religion not even atheism.

I'm a MoonsDragonLionWolf known as Lunar.
I'll only bow to the moon and Luna.

:smile:

Atheism isn't a religion anyway. I mean, is bald a hair color?

Atheism is a religion.

Nope. Look up the definition of "religion" in any reputable dictionary, and you'll see that atheism doesn't fit.

As you have to believe in not believing.

No, atheists simply don't believe in the existence of a deity. Do you have to believe in not believing there is an invisible pink unicorn in your closet in order to not believe there is an invisible pink unicorn in your closet, or is simply disbelieving in the existence of said unicorn enough?

It's an organized group that falls under the category of religion.

Organized? How are they organized? (Answer: They aren't.)

And yes, bald is a hair color.

So what color is the wart on the end of your nose?

Bald is the state of having no hair. It isn't a color.

whoa

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 07/05/13 08:37 AM

I have vacationed at the Chataqua and was charmed by the area. used to drive thru it all the time to visit relatives - tho I haven't now for some time. I stayed (literally) on top of a mountain in Tuscawaras - beautiful view - nice B&B - great place for something like an Ohio/Midwest/Ontario mingle meet up -
I love hearing all this stuff. How neat.

...and great idea!

It IS a great idea! happy

ViaMusica's photo
Thu 07/04/13 10:17 PM
Wow

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25