Community > Posts By > catwoman96

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 05:51 PM

that is your OPINION that is what he is talking about.

I dont think Bush was around for the cold war. Or the spread or use of nucs......

It is what he was talking about, Bush even got pissed about and said so. There is no mention in this part of the speech about the cold war he specifically said (as Rose pointed out) "in recent years".

and I wouldnt blame pollution on bush either.

only someone totally out of it would.

One of these days using Bush wont be a viable excuse for when Mr Obama puts his foot in his mouth. or worse.

I didn't say anything about and Bush himself agrees that's what he was talking about. As for blame well yeah it's common knowledge that Bush's foreign policies were not liked by Europe.

well I didnt READ or hear anywhere that Obama specifically mentioned Bush in this speech. So I question if he really is bush bashing or just american bashing.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 05:46 PM

I dont think Bush was around for the cold war. Or the spread or use of nucs......

One of these days using Bush wont be a viable excuse for when Mr Obama puts his foot in his mouth. or worse.

what does any of those examples have to do with anything?huh

because it was part of his speech.(Are we reading the same one?)

Even with the Cold War now over, the spread of nuclear weapons or the theft of nuclear material could lead to the extermination of any city on the planet. And this weekend in Prague, I will lay out an agenda to seek the goal of a world without nuclear weapons. (Applause.)

We also know that the pollution from cars in Boston or from factories in Beijing are melting the ice caps in the Arctic, and that that will disrupt weather patterns everywhere. The terrorists who struck in London, in New York, plotted in distant caves and simple apartments much closer to your home. And the reckless speculation of bankers that has new fueled a global economic downturn that's inflicting pain on workers and families is happening everywhere all across the globe.

The economic crisis has proven the fact of our interdependence in the most visible way yet. Not more than a generation ago, it would have been difficult to imagine that the inability of somebody to pay for a house in Florida could contribute to the failure of the banking system in Iceland. Today what's difficult to imagine is that we did not act sooner to shape our future.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 05:39 PM

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:37 PM

Your listening, or reading sound bites. I don't like Obama myself but I make my judgments on facts and with full knowledge of what actually is done and said. People basing opinions on bites is why we don't get offered anything better that Obama or McCain. It's how the party people belong to and government as a whole controls people.

It is one thing to make references to the american people as arrogant. (and it is not a good thing wither) BUT to make that kinda of reference is to point out our flaws and why people hate (or envy) us.

so what does Obama plan to do about OUR arrogance??
do we require discipline??

Very true however their opinion isn't based on knowledge of the truth and is therefore worthless. It's just regurgitation of what they've been told to believe.

anyhow it is their opinion and it has same basis for truthfullness despite the bias. Every nation perhaps has arrogance.
point is we have lent aid hands and lives when it was needed.flowerforyou

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:26 PM

I doubt you would do that since you didn't even bother to read the link I posted. That was the speech you were hearing about. As I said in that post, I was posting the text of what he said immediately following the part where he said we were arrogant. I assumed that people would have already heard that short clip and understood as I did it was taken out of context. Anyway I've now posted the complete text from that segment, since it seemed people needed that to put the whole thing together.

well u have a right to your opinion. your link had a tiny font and I was at work for the fourth night shift in a row. (not that I need to explain WHY i only skimmed it) but please forgive me...we were talking about the same speech. Maybe you believe its okay to kiss ass and apologize for OUR nation to other nations.. then so be it.

I find that incrediably ARROGANT. Also, Im sure other nations can view it as brown nosing, groveling, or worse. I think that it makes us vulnerable.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 03:29 AM
that would be a hurtful thing for somebody you love to say.
I would be very upset if my boyfriend told me that.

and i would think he had some clarifying to do after such a statement

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 03:17 AM
Such an effort is never easy. It's always harder to forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances than to act alone, or to wait for the action of somebody else. It's more difficult to break down walls of division than to simply allow our differences to build and our resentments to fester. So we must be honest with ourselves. In recent years we've allowed our Alliance to drift. I know that there have been honest disagreements over policy, but we also know that there's something more that has crept into our relationship. In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what's bad.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-President-Obama-at-Strasbourg-Town-Hall/

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:25 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13936886/President-Obamas-Town-Hall-Meeting-in-France-April-3-2009-TranscriptVideo-Link

i think its the same speech. I jsut skimmed your link....but this is transcript i found.

I wont make excuses for Mr Obama. and I PERSONALLY think he should be downgrading the country he is president over.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:10 AM
Edited by catwoman96 on Sun 06/14/09 01:48 AM
idk. maybe he is apologizing for the Bush administration and not americans in general.

still........i think its like brown nosing thats what I would call it. but hey we will see............maybe hes making awesome influential friends and peace is in sight. laugh laugh laugh

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:59 AM
Later, President Obama told an audience in Strasbourg that the US and Europe had allowed the alliance to drift in recent years.

He said the US had been “arrogant” and “dismissive” towards its allies, while there was “insidious” anti-Americanism in Europe. He said these attitudes had to change.

Idk maybe it was the same speech you posted..I just skimmed it.

these are the words I found offensive.

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/2009/04/03/obama-calls-america-arrogant-during-speech-in-strasbourg/

and thats one of the blogs that it was found in. not the actual speech though

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:33 AM

THAT WAS THE TRANSCRIPT!!!!

what the OP shows are bits and pieces....even the memorial sites listed had nothing to do with BHO in Europe...

now if you want to base things on rumors and lies...go for it. I don't like his politics....but i prefer to base them off of what i know

no. the moemorial sites have to do with the fact that many many times Americans HAVE answered to other countries calls od distress.

aside from how Mr Obama seems hell bent on portraying us.

When I have time, I will look for that other speech. because that last one you posted wasnt the speech that I was reading about last night.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:24 AM

We have been arrogant. No matter how much we have supported others it does not excuse the recent arrogance we have shown

now see???? I can give credit where credit is due and debunk bad info too bigsmile

If you research most of the negative stuff about Obama it turns out to slanted and untruths.

But as for the arrogance stuff, it is true whether the OP was accurate or not. I can accept the truth even if it is hard to hear.

Finally found it. Here's what was said directly following his statement saying we were arrogant...

-------------------------
But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what's bad.

On both sides of the Atlantic, these attitudes have become all too common. They are not wise. They do not represent the truth. They threaten to widen the divide across the Atlantic and leave us both more isolated. They fail to acknowledge the fundamental truth that America cannot confront the challenges of this century alone, but that Europe cannot confront them without America.
-------------------------

now to me it is obvious he was trying to pull things together with europe and put us on equal footing. I still don't like the way he did it, but I do understand it.

(oops forgot the link)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-President-Obama-at-Strasbourg-Town-Hall/ it's about a quarter the way down.

cat...this is what BHO really said...not what the OP claims he said.

that is not the speech I was looking at yesterday at all. I will have to look for that speech later. but ummmmm he did call americans arrogant and he does have the tendency to apologize for us.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:21 AM

he certainly likes to talk.

waiting for an answer though....anyone??

After all of Mr Obama's foreign speeches (thus far) has it got him anywhere??

a deal on oil?
a new pair of shoes?
a new homeland for some new terrorists?
Isreal and Palestine are finally going to recognize eachother's right to exist as a state??

Or maybe he just likes to talk and thuinks that if he talks ENOUGH then everyone will just do whatever it is he wants.

Pretty off topic but to answer your question...
A new frame work for international financial regulation and billions more in loans from the International Monetary Fund.
He's also gotten a commitment for other countries to commit troops to Afghanistan.
There is likely more that will come from the trip in the future in the way of cooperation from Europe.

loans? really that sounds exciting.

and other nations SHOULD be working together with US to bring peace to the mideast. (might I add quickly)
we shouldnt have to beg or bribe or whatever.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:17 AM
Obama does kiss azz in his speeches, and he has apologized for Americans "arrogance" while he portrays himself as this great man. Mr wonderful and all that jazz.

the OP was a forward from somebodys email probably. and mostly somebodys opinion. (read the last 4 lines please)
and they are entitled to think who they want regardless of who/what they are.

that is one of the beautiful things about america. (for now)
and I dont think Obama is who we need to thank for the freedoms that we do have.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:08 AM
to each his own opinion on that oneflowerforyou

Ive read and listened to some of his speeches too. I have MY own opinion.

catwoman96's photo
Sun 06/14/09 12:02 AM
he certainly likes to talk.

waiting for an answer though....anyone??

After all of Mr Obama's foreign speeches (thus far) has it got him anywhere??

a deal on oil?
a new pair of shoes?
a new homeland for some new terrorists?
Isreal and Palestine are finally going to recognize eachother's right to exist as a state??

Or maybe he just likes to talk and thuinks that if he talks ENOUGH then everyone will just do whatever it is he wants.

catwoman96's photo
Sat 06/13/09 11:39 PM
huh Obama makes stupid speeches in which he is always apologizing for americans and aksing for help form all the countries that he visits.

whats it got him??

nothing. maybe he should try not being a pansy and see if he gets anywhere.

catwoman96's photo
Sat 06/13/09 06:44 AM
who the hell knows.

I havent really ever had a GUY that wanted to be JUST my friend.
(they usually wantttttttttt more)

and moreeeeeeeeeee

or not. ohwell

catwoman96's photo
Sat 06/13/09 06:43 AM
I dont think it started with Obama..........(the destruction of our economy)

BUT

perhaps it will end with him.

catwoman96's photo
Sat 06/13/09 06:39 AM
No way of knowing.

noway to predict.

just look for super duper fabulous awesoem outstanding qualities in another. a

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25