whispertoascream's photo
Mon 06/10/13 07:20 PM
Pokes in to say hello to all the old Minglers :)

whispertoascream's photo
Mon 06/10/13 03:40 PM
Poor Lucky :(

whispertoascream's photo
Mon 06/10/13 03:17 PM
it is painted on my wall:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moment that takes your breath away.

whispertoascream's photo
Wed 05/16/12 02:09 PM

But yet at the same time, I feel that my best friend just died. Even as I type I am in tears.

That's exactly how I felt, when I discovered some dark truths about someone that I cared about.

Sure some may see it as crying over a pedophile. But really we know this person as somebody other then Keith Willis. Keith Willis is not what Lex Fonteyne portrayed himself as. I cry over the character Keith Willis gave us. And THAT character was a friend to us all. But at the same time I am also crying over the truth.
EXACTLY!:thumbsup:

THANK YOU!flowerforyou

I hope it doesnt cause you to get unfriended too, but hopefully you have better friends then that.whoa

I see your true colors,:banana:
shining through.:banana:

-Cyndie Lauper

You know what? If I get unfriend, then so be it, I do not really come here anymore as it is. I am really here for this thread, and this thread alone. As my way of trying to deal with it. If people want to unfriend for having different views and opinions, then really were they true friends to begin with?flowerforyou

whispertoascream's photo
Wed 05/16/12 01:55 PM

But yet at the same time, I feel that my best friend just died. Even as I type I am in tears.

That's exactly how I felt, when I discovered some dark truths about someone that I cared about.

Sure some may see it as crying over a pedophile. But really we know this person as somebody other then Keith Willis. Keith Willis is not what Lex Fonteyne portrayed himself as. I cry over the character Keith Willis gave us. And THAT character was a friend to us all. But at the same time I am also crying over the truth.

whispertoascream's photo
Wed 05/16/12 01:08 PM

I'm sorry your hurt over this, he does not deserve your tears.

flowerforyou

I was unfriended for that, the first time ever, but what that person fails to recognize is to suggest that I was crying over a pedophile is ridiculous!!

I have never cried over "Keith", I cried over the lose of someone I believed to be a very close friend of mine, that I cared deeply about, and with that in mind if they still choose to unfriend me, then they were never my friend to begin with. Not because we dont agree, but because they fail to read my heart, or even try to understand this.

Keith went off on me too and unfriended me. At one point the person I knew as Lex spent hours exchanging messages as friends. Then he became mad, unfriended me and never spoke to me again.

That is one thing since all this came into light, have noticed. He had different relationships with different people. He felt different things for everybody. I mean I was one of the rare few that he gave his actual address, and phone number too. I have sent him letters and packages to him when he was in Juliet, and to the address where he worked at the vacuum shop. I had both his work and cell phone number.

We got into many, many fights, but yet the very next day we were always talking again.

LOL I think I am in denial mode. I am still really seeing Lex, as Lex and not as Keith. I mean deep down I KNOW he has done some horrible, horrible things. But yet at the same time, I feel that my best friend just died. Even as I type I am in tears.

whispertoascream's photo
Wed 05/16/12 12:48 PM

He tried to comfort me, but really for me right now there is no comfort. I lost my best friend, I lost my trust for people, I lost a part of me.
Even though I will admit, my heart is suffering from this,

I refuse to let this take my trust for people, or any part of me away.

I am always careful about internet people, and will continue to be.

I love everyone, but that doesnt mean I do it blindly, or stupidly.

I personally dont think, that Lex's love, for any of us, was fake.

You can do horrible things, and still have the capacity to love others.

And yes, I understand his crimes were against humanity,

but I dont choose to believe that his testimonial to me was fake, or calculated, or his entire persona here was an act.

I thing that Keith, IS Lex Fontain, in many ways, he just wasent completely honest,or forthcoming, with all of us.

But keep in mind,

if he had been, he would have never been allowed on this site, or any other,

and no one would have given him even the time of day.

And I believe he was, like lots of single people, lonely.

So he created a new name, and a partially new identity, so as, not to be judged, and to be accepted, and make friends.

And yes, I know from my own experience, internet friends can be just as comforting, and good, as ones you make in real life.

Its unfortunate, that people do abuse the concept, of internet interactions with others...

and Keith wasent the first, and he wont be the last.

To let him take anything away from me, would just be letting him hurt me further, and im not going to allow that to happen,

thats a lose, lose, situation.

And that is your opinion. Everybody feels differently.

whispertoascream's photo
Wed 05/16/12 09:50 AM

I am sorry for Lexie... he was one of the smart ones. I appreciate that his conduct around little girls has required a lot of improvement. I don't condone killing and torturing baby girls.

He WAS though, spirited and smart on this site. I think there is such a thing as rehabilitation into the community. We can't really convict or condemn a man on his past mistakes if he has not re-sinned or re-entered his old sinful ways. It is the promise of the correctional system, that some people learn their lesson behind the bars.

Lex seemed like a learned, smart feller, he was rather well-spoken in the written word. He made the mistake of not disclosing his identity of LexFountaine to authorities. I can believe, while I have no evidence, that this was his private refuge. He may not have created this alias and kept it secret to plan to commit some crimes, or a crime; he may have needed some refuge, a sort of identity in which he was not a convict, a condemned man. It is this identity that brought the best out of him, and he enjoyed it, even possibly without ill will or sinful or terrifyingly cruel thoughts.

I am sorry he had to go. I, for one, don't condemn him. I do believe in the occassional success of the correctional system.

I chalk up his reluctance to offer this alias of his for the authorities' knowledge to his wanting to reform and keep on the straight and narrow. I am not saying this as fact, as I hardly had a few exchanges with him, but it is possible.

Of course the possibility exists that he was harbouring sinister thoughts, and he was slowly working his way into committing more crimes agains female humanity.

I don't know. I can't tell. I am unable to decide, but I hold the opinion that we must not condemnt him until such time that we have evidence that he again had started to torture and rape after his release from prison.

It is true that his basic sexual urges never changed. No gay man will turn straight at 45, and no straight man will turn gay after 45. No sexual sadist will become a sexual giver-lover, and no sexual giver-lover will turn into a sexual sadist all of a sudden.

These tendencies are terribly unfortunate for both society, and the criminal; it is devastating to the families of the victims, and for the victims, it is hell. I hold, nevertheless, that jail and living standards there for fifteen years will make a man think twice before he commits the same crime again, and chances are he will never again.

All I am saying is that he had been punished for his old sinning, or criminal activites. We must not assume that he has done any of that since his release seven years ago, we most not condemn him automatically, we must give him the benefit of doubt.

OK, I have been doing a LOT of thinking about all this since I found out the news. Part of me has been taken. I even called the Chicago Police Department last night with additional information. And I must say it was one of the hardest phone calls that I have ever had to make. I had grown to care for this man a great deal over the past 5-6 years that I have known him.

I can never EVER forgive him for his actions NEVER. If he truly wanted to be fully rehabilitated back into society then he should of fallowed the law, by registering ALL his alias. And I do say "ALL" because I know "Lex" was not the only name that Keith used. And if you think about it, if "Lex" was not his only alias, then refuge was he trying to seek, by using more then one alias? The crimes he committed where HORRIBLE, and since he is the one that did the crime, then he is also the one that needs to pay for his actions, and that means following the laws, and registering his names, and following the rules to rehabilitate himself.

He obviously was very good at being manipulating. He not only manipulated all of us but LITTLE GIRLS as well! Think about that? While you are sitting thinking that "Lex Fonteyne" was his "refuge" Why not also sit there and think, why if he was wanting to change his ways did he not register the name, and deal with the consequences? Sure they would of been harsh, but that again is the price you pay.

Now with all that being said, in a small part of I can see where you are coming from when you say you "feel sorry for him". But only a small part. He apeard to be a stand up guy. That is the image that wanted to portray to all of us. And a lot of us, had build a close friendship with Keith. We grew to trust and care for him, through the image that he wanted us to see. Did I want to make that phone call that I did last night? Not a chance in hell. There was a huge part of me that felt like I was turning in my best friend. I cried on the phone with the officer for like half an hour, I sat and talked to this police man for like half an hour. He tried to comfort me, but really for me right now there is no comfort. I lost my best friend, I lost my trust for people, I lost a part of me.

Right as I type this, I am actually feeling sorry for you, for not being able to take the blinders off and see, he was manipulative. He was an author, good with words. Good with telling stories. And that is what he did for all of us, wrote us a character that he wanted us to believe was a real one, but now in the end, it was just another one of his stories.

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 05:15 PM
I am looking up the number now.

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 04:59 PM
I know of another alias that he used, I wonder if the police know about it, or of it was ever registered. I am going to take a wild guess and say since Lex Fonteyen never was then this one might not be as well...

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 04:17 PM

I wanted to know how people are dealing with this loss. We believed in Lex in a positive way much as a child believes in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, or The Tooth Fairy. Remember how you felt when that was taken away from you? I see that as sort of the same thing. We all wanted to believe something was real. Our clever friend who did Glorious Profile threads, who was a grammar and spelling freak, etc. Keep in mind he did not date those with children. He did not play with women's minds. There were good aspects to him as the character he wanted us to believe. Anger is one of the five stages of grief. I believe we are all grieving the loss of a friend though he was a front. How are you personally dealing with your loss, those of you who had become friends with him?

How am I dealing with it? I am like Eileen said beating myself up over this! Deep down I KNOW it is not my fault, but that Is how I deal, I for some reason blame myself for being SO stupid! Right now I am also trying to find everything thing I can about "KEITH WILLIS" I want to know who this MF IS and WAS. I really do hope that the press keeps us up to date about him.

It is amazing what you can find actually knowing a person's REAL name!

His Sex Offender Listing:

http://www.criminalsearches.com/alerts/sexoffenders/default.aspx?zoom=&city=Crown+Point&state=IN&latlng=41.4249000000000010%2c-87.3585499999999940

His inmate listing:

http://www2.cookcountysheriff.org/search2/details.asp?jailnumber=2012-0511088

The listing states that he has a court case coming up on May the 30th. I REALLY hope that the press keeps us posted. SO many people have been effected by him that EVERYBODY deserves to know!

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 03:15 PM

He always said "Lex Fonteyne" was his real name and he had "nothing to hide". It was the name he wrote his books under and the name on his facebook as well as other email accounts he gave me.

There was at least one thread Eileena, one of those
'how did you pick your username' threads wherein he
told how he selected the name, it not being his real one.
I don't want to hunt for it, but I do remember it.

When we started chatting in emails, he told me it was his real name but told people it wasn't as a bit of a joke.

he said something like that to me a while back too
me too.

You know like I said in in my first post on this thread. A part of me always knew that it was not his real name. From them moment of that one phone call to him at the vacuum shop, and somebody refired to him as "Keith" Why did I not stop and say whoooo hold on a minute, even after he told me it was his middle name or some crap like that, I will never know. I KNEW the name Keith! DAMN IT! I am just SO stupid! SO blind! I really liked the *insert a whole bunch of nasty names not allowed to be posted on this site* Lesson learned I guess...

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 03:05 PM

flowerforyou :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: brokenheart ((((((Whisper))))) & ((((((Eileen))))))

I see so many here say that they "never interacted with him much" and this is a testimonial type site. So I will admit that I was one who thought I knew him "well" or as well as you can know someone soley online that you haven't talked to in a few years.

I joined Mingle back when it was "Justsayhi" and one of the first threads I EVER spoke in was a pirate/llama/rum thread with Eileen, Whisper, Burgandybry, Captain and "Lex." This was my first introduction to "online dating" and the whole online scene.

A year or so later I met my now husband on here, and have not been here for a good number of years, but still talked to many I had met on here, including "Lex."

There are not words for the betrayal that I (and so many others) are feeling at this exact moment. Love, hugs, and flowers for my friends (and those who I have not met) who are feeling similarly saddened, sickened, outraged and... There are not words for the emotions I am currently feeling.

Thank you Charles, and Admin for your swift actions in this matter.

((((((Lizzy)))) ((((Eileen))))

"Lex" I believed joined this site January of 2007 I know it was not too too long after I did. But like you Lizzy even though I was not always an active member on here, I was still stayed in active communication with Keith. Lex does not exist to me anymore. At this point I am sorry to say not even online friendships exist to me anymore. Aquantences maybe, but not friendships. I just feel so betrayed, hurt, so dumbfounded.

You know I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctors today doing a cross word, and the answer to one of the clues was "llama", and i just started crying right then and there. I could not control the tears, the pain is just so strong and powerful, it is taking over my own strength. How does one EVER get over something like this? It is going to take a very long time. The news cast video that I watched just keeps playing over and over again in my mind.I cannot get it out!

I wish I could say that I am sorry for ever helping him, ever laughing with him, ever cried, and confided in him, but really I am not, because in the end I KNOW it was me being real. Even if he was not real, then that is HIS problem, it is him that is paying now NOT me. Sure like I said it will be a VERY long time before I trust anybody online again, But that is OK, I know I it is me that is going to always remain me!

whispertoascream's photo
Tue 05/15/12 06:01 AM
When I first heard this news on Facebook, I saw it on my way out the door, all day long it played heavy on my mind. When I got home, I had to re-watch the new clip to make sure what I was real. I sat there tears started streaming from my eyes. I hardly slept last night because I was so up set. This news even made me physically sick! Thinking about all the times I talked to him and confided in him. All the hours I spent talking to him on the phone at that very same vacuum shop, and even on his cell. I was one of a very few he apparently gave a phone number to. Even one call to the shop somebody referred to him as Keith, and he said it was his middle name or something. At that time I just kinda blew it off. All the hours I spent on the phone to publishers to help him get his first book, "Moving Day" published. ****! Tears are still flowing. I have not slept because this different events keep replaying in my head.

Yesterday something inside me was taken. Not a man or even a friend, but trust. I have myself have learned a very valuable lesson here. NEVER ever EVER ignore red flags NEVER. If your gut is telling you something FOLLOW IT!

Keith fooled a lot of us. Through his posts, and his intelligent use of words. It is going to take me a very long time to get over this. My heart is broken. This was a guy after a long bad day, I could come to and for some reason he would make things feel better. Damn what an idiot I am.

Non of you may remember who the hell I am as i hardly ever come on here anymore,but I for some reason needed to come back to the place where I first met this man. And I know I am not the only one who's life he touched. In times like this I think it best to build a support group, as I know MANY are in shock, hurting, and even grieving over this.

I know that he has told me some truths, but as well it is proven that he has told me many lies as well. As he did with many of us.

There is NO I repeat NO excuse for what he did, non whatsoever. He is a sick, sick man. But at the same time, I think with him taking time out to talk to each one of us, WE took the time away from him to be able to scan the internet. The more he posted on here, or on Facebook, or where ever, that is time taken away from him to be able to do any harm to another child, or for him to even think about it. So I am going to ease my mind just a TAD by thinking without even knowing we did SOME little bit of good for society just by talking to him. Sure knowing the truth hurts, like it does in any situation, and it may be a long while before any of us learn to trust again online.

I just cannot believe that this is a man that I use to have feelings for! I would say that I am in shock, but I think that I am WAY beyond that. I am dumbfounded.

whispertoascream's photo
Mon 07/11/11 10:34 AM
That is not true. You wrote a bunch of words. The subject line, and even the word nothing. So really nothing is actually something.

whispertoascream's photo
Thu 06/30/11 04:37 AM
Edited by whispertoascream on Thu 06/30/11 04:38 AM
I think you need to buy a vowel.

whispertoascream's photo
Mon 06/06/11 06:35 AM

I was on this other site chatting in the chatroom helping this Chinese guy who did not speak English. So i was using Google Translate to try to help him as much as I can with the room. He kept wanting to pay me for my help. Kept asking me over and over again. I kept saying know and he said,I have a credit card. I said to the other friends in the room, where would he like to swipe it? Should I bend over and let him swipe it down my butt crack?!

Maybe I should have taken the money laugh

he felt obligated and to refuse is to dishonor him. perhaps if you still speak with him u can ask him for assistance with something (anything - advice - it doesn't matter what) as a way to repay your kindness to him. It would probably mean the world to him

Maybe so. But with the site being a sex site first and for most,and a hang out with your friends second you really do not want to be paid for services LOL.

whispertoascream's photo
Mon 06/06/11 06:28 AM
I was on this other site chatting in the chatroom helping this Chinese guy who did not speak English. So i was using Google Translate to try to help him as much as I can with the room. He kept wanting to pay me for my help. Kept asking me over and over again. I kept saying know and he said,I have a credit card. I said to the other friends in the room, where would he like to swipe it? Should I bend over and let him swipe it down my butt crack?!

Maybe I should have taken the money laugh

whispertoascream's photo
Sat 06/04/11 12:14 PM

SEDUCTION

Or

TEMPTRESS

Disclamer: The author of this post HAS NOT done any inquiries or due dilligence as to trade mark or trade name infringments laugh (see below)

LMAO!!!!! rofl rofl

whispertoascream's photo
Sat 06/04/11 12:13 PM

I need to stop visiting sex shops! LOL Naughty but nice is another one around here. LOL.

laugh Now we know to ask when there

I can show you to all the good ones! laugh

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25