Community > Posts By > LMB

LMB's photo
Sat 01/15/11 05:36 AM
I read this in a statistics report I looked up, but I agree...
"As long as society stays closed to male expressions that fall outside of the stereotypical definitions of 'manly behaviour' men will be perpetually stifled and prevented from expressing themselves in ways other than toughness or violence."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_men_or_women_commit_more_murder#ixzz1B6vjBLVu

Just MO..

LMB's photo
Fri 01/14/11 07:39 AM

can you imagine reading the synopsis of every book until you find one that interests you regardless of the cover?
i think the cover is what should catch the eye of the reader.
if the author is good enough the cover will reflect just what he/she is trying to portray.

same in online dating

although i am not looking, i can see why someone would pass by a profile with no cover.

no cover means the 'author' has to work twice as hard to get their prize.
Could not have said it better myself....

LMB's photo
Thu 01/13/11 05:21 PM
Edited by LMB on Thu 01/13/11 05:23 PM
I don't speak normally use derogatory words, if I do I only use them towards myself and always in a playful way. Like I said they are just words, nothing more. Words only have power if you allow them to have power. I think people should be able to speak freely, say whatever they want without fear. If that were so it would be much easier to see ignorant people from those that are not. I don't use racial slurs not because it is not PC but because it portrays you as ignorant when you do.

That is why I love this country and am thankful for all those that protect it no matter what race they are, because of them I have the right to disagree with someone if I choose to.

Andy great thread...thought provoking..

LMB's photo
Thu 01/13/11 04:04 PM
I will try to keep this as PC as possible just so I don't get booted...
I also agree being PC is ridiculous. I think it would be great if we could just drop the whole PC crap. Derogatory names are just words as far as I am concerned and words cannot describe me, I have to be experienced. laugh

I will use this as an example, If I were to be approached by a man of a different race. He was very angry for something I did or he thought I did, and started using racial slurs while talking to me in an attempt to enrage me. (I have heard quite a few racial slurs concerning Caucasians) I don't think I would get mad at all, I find the words funny. I would not be able to help myself in laughing, now I would not be laughing at the man, but the words. I just think they sound funny, not hurtful, they are after all just words.

Now in our PC world we say the "N-word", which I think is ridiculous. Now why do we say it like that? Because it is offensive to say the actual word. Now what is more offensive saying the word or the PC way to describe it. For me either way should be offensive if one is the other should be to. If I don't say it then I say it in a way that you say it in your own head, therefore theoretically I just made you say it to yourself. Just because something is not vocalized does not make it any less offensive in my opinion.

I just wish we could all realize that they are just that, words. I guess the old saying isn't true any more...Sticks and stones may hurt me but words never will..

LMB's photo
Thu 01/13/11 03:26 PM
Edited by LMB on Thu 01/13/11 03:27 PM
I lost count, but my favorite is my son's name.....not the best but still my favorite..

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes.....

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 05:24 PM
I prefer a message to a nudge, and I like someone to be articulate. Good conversation is great too..hell I'd be happy just to get the attention...tears

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 05:05 PM
I would enjoy a significant other, but don't have a need for one. If I find the right woman then of course, I welcome the idea. If it is just meant for me to raise my son alone then so be it, I'm not opposed to it. I just think that it would be more enjoyable if I had someone to share it with. Cest la vie.

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 04:54 PM

welcome back i can send you some of the 15 inches of snow we just got today lol

I'll take 12 that will leave you with 3 since you don't like it. I love snow, I'm like a little boy, and my little boy loves it too lol. Nothing better than getting out and having fun only to come back in and warm up.

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 04:00 PM
Thank you....The more I look around the more I'm glad to be back..

LMB's photo
Wed 01/12/11 03:48 PM
I was on here over a year ago and am back on. Here to hopefully make some friends and whatever else that comes. I'm looking forward to checking back into the community forums....

LMB's photo
Thu 12/25/08 05:11 PM
For what it is worth I like to think that when things get so bad that you have nowhere to go but up. My mother always said And this too shall pass, all bad things have an end. One thing that helps me is to think that no matter how bad my life is someone has it worse and would give anything to trade places with me. Keep you head up..What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..Hope this helps.....

LMB's photo
Thu 10/23/08 07:06 PM
Nicely done...

LMB's photo
Wed 10/01/08 06:56 PM
Absolutely nothing..My past is what makes me the man I am today...

LMB's photo
Wed 09/24/08 10:42 PM

Zoolander, how do they benefit from your presence?

If a chick enters the room, you are more competition for them.

competition?? good if that be the case I came in dead last..

LMB's photo
Wed 09/24/08 09:15 PM
my 2 cents

In my opinion, that is what we are giving right?,,,I would say ya I could see her giving you a second chance, on the other hand I have made mistakes in my life bad ones, but not something like that. I agree to forget about a love intrest for me is extremely uncommon, I have never forgotten about a date or a meeting, even if I am only interested in being friends. In all honesty if a girl did that to me I can't say that I would give her a second chance. Also keep in mind that if this turns out to be the love of your life then she will always have the first missed meeting in the back of her mind, no matter what you do. Forgive but don't Forget...
Just don't make her regret giving you a second chance.....

I always liked the way my grandmother put it....
F**k me once shame on you F**k me twice shame on me. kinda had more impact like that...

LMB's photo
Wed 09/24/08 06:49 PM
I have to throw my 2 cents in...I agree after eight years then ya you should know, if not maybe you are just biding your time(you being him). In my opinion sometimes you are better off alone, even for a little while, than to be with someone who is unsure. That being said don't ever ever ever settle, no matter how lonely it gets. Everyone deserves someone perfect for them..Sometimes you gotta kiss a lot of frogs to get to your prince, but girl you been kissin that frog for too long...

Rock on...