Montreal
Toronto
Victoria
Calgary
Halifax

gimme 5 different light bulb watts

no photo
Fri 07/29/16 11:37 AM

When does physical attraction stop being so important?

How and when do you start feeling the need for learning to find that passion comes in all areas and forms?

OR DO YOU?

about 5 seconds into our first encounter!

after that.. it's all about getting to know the other person.. finding commonalities, character traits & wittiness.. communication is key.. and the process typically reveals the others passions!

admittedly there has to be that initial spark...if it's there.. it SHOULD last a lifetime.. as long as it's fueled by mutual respect, love and lots of common ground!

no photo
Fri 07/29/16 11:17 AM

:heart: Do you think that you will find your "mate" when actively searching?

Or, is it just a fluke?...finding a right person falling into your lap...or...will you find "the one" when you are not looking? :heart:

Which do you think is true?

you always come up with some interesting topic queries :thumbsup:

I'm starting to think that no matter WHAT I do.. it ain't never gonna happen for me ohwell

from experience, I'd say a FLUKE! either that or.. I'm just too butt ugly OR ornery to attract the 'one'.. laugh

no photo
Fri 07/29/16 11:10 AM
WOOT.. it's FLYDAY!!!!!!

OhmyGAWD noway slaphead what the flock happened to the smiley's tears

they're UGLY and not even animated grumble

:smile: :wink: :angry: :tongue: :heart: :cry: :banana: :laughing: :angel: :thumbsup:

whassup wit DAT chit???????spock

no photo
Mon 07/25/16 07:16 AM
:banana: check out ma new grand-baby.. she's a beauty! :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 05:59 PM
oh GREAT!!!!!!slaphead Spongebob Square Pants frustrated

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 05:56 PM
I clean! sometimes I'll put on some music.. other times I'll allow myself to get lost in thought instead.. depends on the day and what I'm doing.. 75% of the time though.. I simply clean!

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 05:49 PM
yeah.. I know.. I commented on your b-day thread bigsmile

laugh

thanks Dave.. but unless the weather changes (currently very stormy here.. with all the effects scared ) it may be postponed sad2

ahhhhh well.. such is life huh :wink: happy

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 05:38 PM
mine means.. I do not influence, nor am I influenced by others..
I have a mind of my own, and as I respect others decisions/points of view.. I presume others will accord me that same respect!

my REAL name means foreign or strange, traveler from a foreign land!

won't Dave be angry when he finds out he's not the ONLY Alien!! laugh

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 07:47 AM
wow Dave.. just WOW! noway ya'd think after 10 yrs here without a hitch.. that'd be a moot point! ohwell nothing is today... as it was when we were young huh.. whoa

anywho.. it's FLYDAY!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: YEAH bay-bay! woot :banana: drinker smokin

I actually took today off YEE-HA.. and already cut all the deck wood for the front 'veranda' railings.. installed the 'canopy' posts on the back deck AND made all the measurements for the 'veranda' roof.. had my dog walk.. fed the aminals and me.. all before 10am! WOOT!!! :thumbsup:

it's so hot here though.. that I showered AFTER I showered! oops
*the term "sweatin like a pig" comes to mind*surprised
:laughing:

tomorrow the fam gets together for a 4 way b-day feast (me, my grandson, my granddaughter AND my son-in-law are all Cancer babies)bigsmile .. par-TAY!!:banana:

no photo
Thu 07/21/16 05:38 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :banana: :banana: :banana:

can you imAGINE?? they thought I was a SPAMMER!!!!!!!! laugh rofl :laughing: too funny.. ME! :angel:
BUT.. I couldn't post or do ANYthing on the site all day! tears

all good now though :thumbsup: smokin

no photo
Thu 07/21/16 05:35 PM
that would be AWEsome if you cud sis :banana: :banana: drinker drinker

miss you flowers

not as easy as just driving up from NJ though huh :wink:laugh

no photo
Tue 07/19/16 06:24 PM
awwwwww.. thanks Dave! smooched flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Tue 07/19/16 06:32 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: my grand daughter was born early this morning :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker smokin :banana: :banana:

I'm SOO excited to welcome another Cancer baby WOOT.. we're SUCH great people bigsmilepitchfork laugh

no photo
Tue 07/19/16 06:29 AM

Ummm.. I think I'm in the some category...lol

I'm thinkin that's not true :wink:
laugh

no photo
Mon 07/18/16 07:08 PM

I know I am
I think I find someone I can chat with
I send them a message and I keep getting ignored no matter who I send a message to
it's really frustrating
I would send simple things like "what kind of music do you like to listen to"
or "what kind of things are you interested in" or " what are your favorite hobbies"
no reply and all I know is it's really pissing me off.

those are really great questions.. on the 3rd or 4th email..

like Crystal said.. they're not great openers, and reading the profile first will give you clues on how to approach the girl.. find common ground to start the conversation..

one last tidbit.. be respectful and attentive and you may get some responses!

best of luck to you!

no photo
Mon 07/18/16 06:54 PM
how sad huh.. that some people just aren't happy unless they're making others miserable..

personally I try avoiding people like that online and in life.. one thing I discovered is that negativity breeds negativity.. but being positive typically attracts positive people! there are some that TRY to bring us down to their level of grumpiness with their constant complaining about EVERY little thing.. *sighs* I smile and walk away shaking my head.. feeling sorry for'em mostly.. but I refuse to allow that kind of waste of emotions any leverage.. life is exhausting enough!

I am human though.. I have my bad days too that I could complain about.. I just tend to refrain from dumping that on others and keep it to myself.. after all.. we ALL have our problems in life, some more than others :wink:

no photo
Mon 07/18/16 06:40 PM
laugh no I'm not bigsmile

no photo
Mon 07/18/16 06:38 PM

I've seen a lot of threads about "how can a single mom(or dad) find that special someone".
It can be hard for a single parent to "look" or find a date when your days can be filled with so many responsibilities.

I know my day was get the kids up, get them to school, go food shopping, clean the house, do laundry, help with homework, cook then clean again...and on and on it goes.

So what do you do?

I found the best thing to do is get your kids involved with after school activities like sports (soccer,football etc) or unrelated school activities like karate.

These activities are not only very healthy for your child's physical and mental development but also provide you with a way to meet other single parents while you remain active in your child's interests.

I have met a great number of single ladies while attending my son's karate competitions.
It was a great way to share in his love for karate and also get out and meet people.

I believe it was good therapy for both of us:smile:

hey you waving been awhile huh :wink:

totally worked for me, not at finding dates mind you! But I met a lot of couples and single parents this way, who became very good friends over the years! They kept me sane when things got hairy as my kids grew older.. some having more experience than others were key at me not tearing my hair out OR blaming myself for thinking I was doing everything wrong! I found a lot of supportive, empathetic people and created a social circle I could count on! Plus I had fun being there with my kids, as did they, so we all definitely benefited..

yup.. very solid advice my dear! :thumbsup:

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25