Community > Posts By > Want2B5ft

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 03:26 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Wed 07/29/09 03:32 AM

Is doesn't matter what age you are - you'll still have those same feelins of love, lust, rejection, embarrassment, caution, etc... they'll always be with you! :) being an adult and not a spotty teenager should make you slightly more wary...? often it doesn't. it depends what your attitude is on the day! tomorrow you may wake up with a different perspective on things and want to take things further or not? we're only human... we make mistakes no matter what age we are. sometimes... huge one's? ;)

Definitely more wary as an adult. I can usually bypass some of those feelings pretty well. Recognize it as temporary and move on. I can so relate to how the attitude is on the day and can change the next. So if it is consistent from day to day - does that equal an official "crush"?

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 03:22 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Wed 07/29/09 03:31 AM

It does feel silly sometimes, but yes, definately different than when we were teenagers. Like lust, crushes pass, although a crush can turn into something substantial, lust rarely does. At our ages it's harder to know if it is actually being reciprocated as we are more social beings as adults than as teens, and whereas then we would maybe just act on our feelings without thinking what the outcome might be, now we think about rejection, embarrassment, hurt feelings, etc., which cause us to be more hesitant and cautious.

So, so true Indigo! We are more social beings as adults and some contact or interactions is due to jobs and such. We aren't in the live for the moment mode like when we were teenagers and a lot more factors play into it as adults.

This whole single/dating thing at this age is just different all together now isn't it?

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:49 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Wed 07/29/09 12:53 AM

What about unconditional love between a mother and an adopted child? Do you think it is possible or never really exists?

I have had day care kids, foster kids, children by birth and adopted children and I can tell you that bonding feeling is basiclly the same. With and adopted child you see them it just hits you like when you are pregnant and you have that "quickening" feeling. Any child you have you have to bond with. If mother and child are both strong and healthy it is a lot easier to bond than if one or both are not.

Once a child goes through severe enough abandonment they turn within and pretty much are never able to bond. Those kids can get all the love in the world and it is not going to change their ability to bond. Not with a parent and often not with their children. Very sad.

Can I email you or IM?

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:46 AM
It was raining heavy here this afternoon.

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:43 AM
Are they any different than when we were teenagers?
Are they just temporary feelings with no substance that quickly subside?
How do you know if it is reciprocated?
Do you keep it to yourself or share?

I am referring to both offline and online.

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:28 AM
I'm sorry I don't have words of wisdom here. It could be so many things and unfortunately until he is ready to talk about it, your mind can and will play cruel tricks on you with all of the scenarios it could be.

Support and good wishes coming your way. flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 11:45 PM
1:44 am here in Wichita, KS.

I'm not feeling well and can't sleep so poking around here in Mingle land. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 11:42 PM
Bummer! I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. Upbeat thoughts and prayers of support and encouragement are headed your way. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 11:37 PM
So glad to have found this thread!

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 that I bought used. My daughter wants to take it to college with her.

Me...not being computer literate at all...have no idea how to make this useful for her, especially since she wants to try to use it wireless.

Also, do I need to upgrade my internet service to include wireless and what does that involve?

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 11:02 PM
I have just started looking for a used car. I really like the Honda CR-V with Ford Focus hatchback and PT Cruiser as my second choices.

Anyone have these vehicles? I would like to hear feedback. I am going to try and do some test driving on Friday.

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 10:51 PM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Tue 07/28/09 10:53 PM

OMG...don't you just hate those stupid chain messages??? Like "blah blah blah, forward this to 10 friends and the one you love will realize tonight that he can't live without you...if you don't, you will get bad news in the morning".

I have this friend who SWAMPS me with that juvenile crap on a daily basis. It drives me NUTS!!! I've told her to cut it out. I've even told her that if she didn't forward MY message to 100 readheads within 3 minutes, her toilet would flood. She's not friggin listening!

All she says is "Oh, sorry...I didn't want to jinx myself". Well then send it to somebody else, I'm sure you can cough up 10 friends that are just as infantile as you are. I'm mean how old are you??? Twelve??? SHEEEESH!!! :angry:

People are sending those on PHONES now!?!?

No way.

Yes, they are! I hate them, too. One of my stepmoms sends one then the same one is sent by my sister and the same one again is sent from my brother. I just delete them. These chain things are very annoying! noway

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 10:37 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou :cry: brokenheart flowerforyou flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 07/28/09 12:27 PM

<--- has been crushed by husband doesn't need to be crushed by anyone else.

been there, done that, know that feeling well - but let me tell you, you deserve to love and be loved. Don't let him have that kind of control over you. I know it is easier said than done.
I still fall back into the trap occassionally. But, each time I fall the time there is shorter and shorter.

Wishing you the best. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 10:03 PM
The group I hung out with in high school still gets together. There were 10 in our group. 4 have passed away already. 5 of us get together at least once a month sometimes more. We have been out of high school now for 26 yrs. They are the one thing that has remained constant in my life. We have been through thick and thin together. I wouldn't trade them for anything. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 09:51 PM

Get over it you're way toooo sensitive..

slaphead not lookin to make friends here, huh?slaphead

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 09:42 PM

:banana: :banana: shootin range:banana:

LOL I have a few pics I would like to pin on the target!

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 09:41 PM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Mon 07/27/09 09:41 PM

You're so bad.pitchfork rofl

shhhhhh that is supposed to be a secret!!!!

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 12:34 PM
My high school friends and I get together on the first Sat of the month. It is my turn to pick. We always have a great time when we are together and all that really matters is that we are together.

Well, it is my turn to choose what we do and I am striking a blank.
Any ideas? We usually get together for lunch and do something afterwards. One comes in from Benton and another comes in from Whitewater.

I am the only single one of the bunch, so going dancing is out...even though it would be a hoot to get us all out there on the dance floor! I am a bad influence after all with my single minded thoughts (one of the husbands told my friend this!...LOL).

Any suggestions?

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 11:27 AM
now I am gonna have that song in my head the rest of the day

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/27/09 11:26 AM
I have to be in the mood to talk on the phone. I am on the phone at work and sometimes I don't want to be near it when I am at home.

I also sound like a kid on the phone so first talks on the phone give me a nervous pit in my stomach and I feel self conscious.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25