Community > Posts By > Want2B5ft

Want2B5ft's photo
Sat 08/08/09 06:37 AM
So I went out looking for cars amd am liking a 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Anyone have experience with the Vibe? I am doing some research online, but it always helps to hear from someone who has one or who has had one.

Approximately how much is full coverage insurance?

Want2B5ft's photo
Sat 08/08/09 12:07 AM
Happy Birthday, Heather. Hope you had a great day. flowers

Want2B5ft's photo
Sat 08/08/09 12:06 AM
I'm familiar with the friend zone.

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 10:58 PM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Fri 08/07/09 10:59 PM
Good Morning Atlantis. flowerforyou

Well, first off I need to sneak in some sleep after spending a night out on the town and then later today I will go and sign the sales contract on a car that I picked out and am buying by myself. (big milestone here). I will then get together with my high school gal pals for lunch which will include lots of laughing, visiting and hugs...as I have been feeling a little hug deprived as of late. We will go shopping and then at the end of the day I will go home and thank God for having the bestest friends in the world who have stood by me through thick and thin.

I will then come and visit with my friends I have made here on Mingle to finish out the day.

What are you doing today, Atlantis?

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 10:47 PM
I know about those Lean Cuisine thingys...hmmm. The chef at the hotel where I work baked a chocolate cake just for me, today.....I am in chocolate heaven....

That was so nice!

I hate cooking for one.

flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 11:53 AM
If there is some doubt there then the best way to go about is doing a search of public records first. I know here in KS you can search the offender registration site and I think you can also search those that have had prostitution charges - at least at one time you could.

Also in KS there is a KASPER site. It is with the Dept of Corrections in KS and it shows their pic, their charges, if they are currently on probation, etc. I would think all states would have this online.

There is also zabas e a r c h dot com. (last time I put this on the forums it was erased. It is free site but refers you to paid searches if that is what you are looking for. You can check address, DOB and phone numbers. This helps to make sure the person you are chatting w/online is real.

You can go to the county courthouse and search public records or some libraries and do some searching.

In depth reports you will have to pay for.

Good luck on your search and I hope this dude that your friend has suspicions about turns up to be legit. But, truly if there is something that is raising her concerns, she should follow her gut and get away from him.

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 11:45 AM

SOme chick did this to me freaked me out....

Why not just ask the person?

I'm sorry Dubzi. I just had to make sure that you are the rapsta dancing machine that you claim to be. I won't ever do it again, I promise!!!! flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 11:43 AM

Reading and/or painting. I am reading my own post and see now why I am alone...I am boring.

You paint?!?!?!?!?! Don't hold out on us Honey! I LOVE seeing peoples work!

It is a hobby and I paint murals. When I lived in Texas I did murals on many of my walls. Had pics. but have moved twice since then and can't find. I liked my work and I am my own worst critic.

We are all our own worst critics doll. I have done more than a few murals. If you did murals..you DEFINITLEY got a sketch pad around...don't be shy....

If you like your work...that is good enough....

I used to be a pro...now I only do hobby work....it is much more gratifying...

No, no sketch pad, but I really do have pics somewhere. I have had no formal training at all. Isn't there a word for that Krupa...avant garde (sp) I don't know. I haven't doen anyhing big for a while. Haven't been too inspired due to m ajor changes in my life.

Funny thing about inspiration...

Sometimes, all you need to do to get inspired, is pick up what you have put down.

It is true but I can't paint murals now due to the fact that I don't own my own home and I am not good enough to do others homes. I guess I coould offer to do it for free. I have no examples since I can't find my darn pictures. I really need to find those things.
If I find and post you guys can't laugh...promise!

I promise!

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 11:41 AM

Eating fresh ripe mangoes with great big dollops of ice cream. love

I love mangoes love Have you tried the Mango Sorbet from Haagen Daaz?

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 10:58 AM
laugh
Still not crushing here! flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 10:48 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Fri 08/07/09 10:57 AM

I so agree with Sommer. My life experiences, both the good and the bad, have made me who I am today. As I reflect on some of them now, it breaks my heart. I have grown and have learned a lot about myself in the process. I am a survivor and even though some of those difficult experiences it was really hard to get back up, bounce back from and live again. I did.

The pain and suffering caused by men in my life - my dad, my ex husband of almost 25 yrs, the creep who killed my sister and my nephew that I adopted as my son after my sister was murdered - have been a real hurdle to jump back from. My scarring from these experiences runs deep and occassionally turns into an open wound. The important thing is learning how to accept those experiences for what they were and take ownership for my part in those experiences - even being able to recognize in some cases I was a victim and couldn't help the circumstances. Yes, sometimes the wounds fester but not as long as they used to and I am able to recognize it for what they are. Take a deep breath and reflect on them and what I have learned from them and appreciate the strength and endurance I have been capable of and continue on with my journey.

Emotional and physical baggage? Call it what you will. This is the life that was handed to me and I have made it a personal goal to survive it and like the energizer bunny I just keep going and going and going.

I do feel incredibly alone sometimes and miss the companionship, but the fear of "sharing" or "unloading" my baggage on someone else keeps me from pursuing relationships. So, yes, my ups and downs of the life I have experienced do matter and if I am ever able to open myself back up to the vulnerablilities of love again . . . I will love him with all that I have and then some and he will know it.

My friends reassure me that all men are not like the ones who have been in my life and by watching them with their mates, their brothers and sons I can see that and hope one day to find one that I can compliment with my life experiences and not hinder.

So, right now I continue to fly solo and am proceeding with caution. My heart has been sewn together so many times I am afraid that it might burst and I have it carefully guarded. I am afraid of
life repeating itself and being attracted to someone who is capable of hurting me like I have been hurt in the past and some hurts I can't afford to relive. I have come too far.

In the meantime, I am learning so much about myself and take in every new day and reflect and continue to grow as I continue my journey

I am sorry this is so lengthy. Your question really touched my heart this morning and I needed this reminder today. flowerforyou

Thank you for your heart felt response. You touched my heart and soul that is for sure. I will never forget the things that are important in my life because of the impression your life made on mine.

Jimmy:heart:

flowers Thank you, I needed some gentle reminders. flowers

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 08/07/09 09:20 AM

My Chocolate Cake

And that's how you display a delicious chocolate cake. Mmmm, I want some! drool

flowers

I used to display all my cakes and pies this way - back when I had a family to cook for. Now that it is just me and I work 2nd shift - it is good ole Lean Cuisine meals for me and an occassional date with George Foreman...LOL

I might start cooking again and share it with my coworkers!

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 11:34 PM
flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 11:31 PM
Thanks for the update Snarky. I am glad you were able to get your tooth worked on.

My daughter was in a motorcycle wreck recently and had big road rash type gash on her shin. She put Neosporin on it and bandaged it up. That was almost a week ago. The gash got infected and Dr told her that she should have only used Neosporin for 2 days and then from that point to use the coated non stick bandages (4" x 3")on them and to put them on loosely so it can still breathe.

It needs to breathe so it doesn't get infected.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Let us know how your 1st day of work is?

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 11:23 PM
Good Luck Bobbysocks! flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 09:48 PM
I don't give out information to everyone. There are only 4 people here that have my phone number and I have texted back and forth with two of them. I have met 2 in person and already knew one before they signed up here. I am looking forward to meeting more at some our local gatherings. They all know my name and where I work. Only a few have my off site e-mail. We have been having some issues with the e-mail here not going through.

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 09:38 PM

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Ok now thats out of my system; My Stepfather makes the best cakes, no matter the flavor, they are always good. drinker

What cake is a lie?????

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 08:02 AM
flowerforyou Thank you for your responses. I am feeling better now. My tongue is back to normal and no more teeth clacking. Though jaw is tense, I think from being scared. I am still waiting for dr. to call and going to go back and lay down for a bit.

I am not going to take any more of the medication. Darn shame I am having this reaction as it really did help the back pain.

Thank you, again. I will update later after I hear from the dr. Maybe my reg dr. can look at my file and find out what has worked in the past.

flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:13 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Thu 08/06/09 07:26 AM
I so agree with Sommer. My life experiences, both the good and the bad, have made me who I am today. As I reflect on some of them now, it breaks my heart. I have grown and have learned a lot about myself in the process. I am a survivor and even though some of those difficult experiences it was really hard to get back up, bounce back from and live again. I did.

The pain and suffering caused by men in my life - my dad, my ex husband of almost 25 yrs, the creep who killed my sister and my nephew that I adopted as my son after my sister was murdered - have been a real hurdle to jump back from. My scarring from these experiences runs deep and occassionally turns into an open wound. The important thing is learning how to accept those experiences for what they were and take ownership for my part in those experiences - even being able to recognize in some cases I was a victim and couldn't help the circumstances. Yes, sometimes the wounds fester but not as long as they used to and I am able to recognize it for what they are. Take a deep breath and reflect on them and what I have learned from them and appreciate the strength and endurance I have been capable of and continue on with my journey.

Emotional and physical baggage? Call it what you will. This is the life that was handed to me and I have made it a personal goal to survive it and like the energizer bunny I just keep going and going and going.

I do feel incredibly alone sometimes and miss the companionship, but the fear of "sharing" or "unloading" my baggage on someone else keeps me from pursuing relationships. So, yes, my ups and downs of the life I have experienced do matter and if I am ever able to open myself back up to the vulnerablilities of love again . . . I will love him with all that I have and then some and he will know it.

My friends reassure me that all men are not like the ones who have been in my life and by watching them with their mates, their brothers and sons I can see that and hope one day to find one that I can compliment with my life experiences and not hinder.

So, right now I continue to fly solo and am proceeding with caution. My heart has been sewn together so many times I am afraid that it might burst and I have it carefully guarded. I am afraid of
life repeating itself and being attracted to someone who is capable of hurting me like I have been hurt in the past and some hurts I can't afford to relive. I have come too far.

In the meantime, I am learning so much about myself and take in every new day and reflect and continue to grow as I continue my journey

I am sorry this is so lengthy. Your question really touched my heart this morning and I needed this reminder today. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:03 AM

Does the experience of lifes ups and downs matter.
When a woman loves a man ?

What a wonderful question.

Yes I think our experiences matter. I have had two long term relationhips, one was my husband, the father of my children and the second was with a man who I loved so much, it hurt.

My husband had an affair for three years, I found out and it almost killed me, now I am over all of that and we all get on and are quite the nuclear family.

My second ended because of cultural differences, the primary factor, there were other contributing factors of course. He is American and I am European, there were many difficulties, he would explode like a shaken bottle of champagne, if he took my words the wrong way and I could bore you all with the details, but I will not.

My experiences, despite their behaviour and how I loved both these men, have contributed to how I am now, I looked at my own behaviour and their reactions and what I found was that they were both unhappy about the same things, my behaviour in those relationships, and that was hard to face, but I did.

I know what love is for me, I never want to ask it, I never want to be asked to prove it, if I love him he will know I do.

Those two men in their loving of me have taught me alot, how not to be bitter when it all ends, and I am not now, I was for a time, anger, hurt, resentment even hatred at times, but all I was doing was turning that back on myself and I was the one suffering. My recovery from that was long, and now I am happy. Happiness is an ongoing journey not a destination, and in my journey, amny things matter when I love a man.

flowers :thumbsup: flowers

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25