Community > Posts By > Shovs

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 11:16 AM
It's good to talk about this and I feel it will become more of an issue for more people because of the pressure of life nowadays. nowadays.

@Slave4u Thanks for sharing this as it helps dispel the taboo around depression.

@TBRich Wow, great contributions

@mrheartfelt Like yours too and Peace and blessings to you too

@no1phD It took guts and bravery to share what you did. Gees, I am feeling a tad guilty now about always breaking your ballbags as you are generally such a kidder. Please forgive me if I have crossed any lines in any way smooched
You know I wish the very best for you and sending love, hugs and cuddles and snuggles your way flowers <-(replace the 'girly flowers' with a gift of pistachio macaroons and Irish coffee)

Let me add to all of the above:-
I shared elsewhere about my struggle with post natal depression (Just how many types are there?spock )
I still miss my Mum who died 25 years ago. Loss and tragedies have an accumulative effect on our well-being. What helped me through it was my friends and family, medication when needed, some therapy, holidays,glasses quality time, learning to love and forgive myself and others, plenty of hiding under the quilt and bawling, dancing whenever and however I wanted (very liberating):banana: watching comedies to distract myself from the miserable thoughts, some exercise, baking and candlemaking, chocolate (it actually contains ingredients to combat depression) bigsmile and last but not least, my faith because the Lord takes my burdens off me when I cast them on him.

Time does heal, and the love of a good partner is valuable beyond measure. (So those of you who are happily married, treasure your partner :heart: )

Oh and not wanting to open a further can of worms, but I read that deep rooted anger and depression are two sides of the same painful coin. In other words, people either process pain inwardly in depression or outwardly in oppression (Anger)

Any thoughts or is that a separate thread?huh

Love to you all, and extra love to those who really need it right now :heart:

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 10:10 AM
((Michele))

Hope you got through the anniversary of your ex-husband yesterday. It must have been very difficult for you yet somehow as a mother you carry on and try to be strong for your children. I've been there to some degree myself. You and your three children are in my thoughts and prayers. They have beautiful names.

God is close to the broken hearted, so throw all your pain, worry, stress and cares on Him because He cares for you and can take the burden.

God knows (literally) how many times I've cried myself to sleep and when I prayed for the weight to be lifted, He took it.

Love and blessings to you and your children at this time x

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 06:02 AM
Hope you have fun.
You'll get into it after awhile.
Bears do come into tents and when I was in Banff National Park we were warned to keep all of our food looked away. Depends on where you are, and don't forget about scorpions, snakes etc. Keep a swatter/hammer of your choice and size nearby.lol.

Camping is a great laugh, heating beans in the can, climbing trees, kindling hunting, swimming in lakes/waterfalls, identifying bug bites etc

I kinda get the impression that you prefer 'glamping' but I'm old school (love a challenge)

Just wait until you have to take the tent down - try and pick a dry day as packing wet tents sucks, but done that too. Definitely need the 'Shitrus' spray then lol

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 05:41 AM

what women want...by phD..no1..
. honesty.
... they want company. they want somebody to understand.them
. they want to know you are really listening. when they are talking.
not that you're just hearing them. but you are comprehending what they're saying.. they want you to reach out and hold their hand..
. they want you to put your arm around them when its cold out.
.. they want you to be that warm fire.
on that cold autumns day...
. they want you to keep the draft from coming in through the windows and doors... they want you to keep the cold out... they want you to keep them warm.. figuratively. spiritually. literally

Amen, bro,
got it in one (Well...maybe 12 sentences lol)

I am pleasantly surprised by this honest, accurate, insightful and considered answer without basting it in your usual razor-sharp humour (No criticism there as your humour rocks) Thanks for showing that side of you...interesting....

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 04:02 AM

Happy Birthday, Celebrate in style flowerforyou

I love any excuse to celebrate!

If you are getting itchy about turning 30, just think about me, turning 50 next Feb shocked tongue2 surprised scared

Actually I am looking forward to it and trying to decide what theme to have...

Killer boots you got there, woman :wink:

Shovs's photo
Thu 08/21/14 03:14 AM
Hi everyone ^^^^ all valid imp contributions so far

What stage in the relationship are you talking about?

Cos at the beginning in the loved up stage I want to live in his pockets if poss, and I love getting regular messages, calls, hanging out etc but Not at the expense of my family and friends so I am not the clingy type

If the relationship progresses then more time apart comes into it as you cannot sustain that type of lengthened time tog unless neither of you work or something like that

As for the golden oldies, they have spent so much time tog that they are comfortable in silence, patient in affliction, loyal in attack and generally love the bones of each other to the point that they can laugh at silliness of youth,
'More power to them' as we say in Ireland

Beware the cling-ons though as you will need an oxygen tank and the patience of Job to survive them spock - they just need to mature and love themselves first

Love and blessings to you in your love life (God knows I need it) :P

Shovs's photo
Wed 08/20/14 03:39 PM

wow your new pic looks so cool, lemmy standard, i love lemmy

Hi Pete,
How ya doin, sweetcheeks,

What came into my head was 'Y-M-C-A.....YMCA'
Sing with me now

(Doc - we love you really :Px)

Shovs's photo
Tue 08/19/14 02:46 AM

my lists is still the same

:smile:

Hey Issac,
Is that a closed list, or would you consider adding me to it? :P
because you have some seriously kissable lips (mwah)

Shovs's photo
Tue 08/19/14 02:37 AM
^^^These are soo funny. No wonder the first instruction the IT Technicians often say is "Have you tried turning it off and on again" !
laugh
They are patient guys but must be cracking up inside listening to the shenanigans of some customers.

The movie 'Cable Guy' is coming into my head now for some reason

oh and the absolutely brilliant British comedy series called 'The IT Crowd' - worth checking out if you are a techie spock bigsmile

Shovs's photo
Tue 08/19/14 02:13 AM

Its ok to say "I love you" to someone you havent met in person, but to plan to marry them is a mistake. People are similar, but actually different in person than they are in text/email. You need to invest time and energy in getting to know who they are in person....because often, the chemistry is different, and sometimes absent entirely.

The refusal to meet is classic scammer/catfish behavior.

^^^ Exactly
Other indicators are :
- Using Skype but not face to face, only to talk as the number has no prefix to show where they live
- When on mobile, asking you to ring them back so you foot the bills more than him/them
- poor English, especially when using verbs, and using same phases again especially if not really relevant (non-nationals sound like this too but eventually they learn the language of the country they are staying in)

Lastly, don't beat yourself up as they target everyone, they are smooth talkers and know that is what a lot of us women want to hear, but this sounds totally fishy, so delete that scambag and devote your energies to others (like us on the forums x)

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 03:42 PM

Dunno wat it meant but love the banana suits the mood :D

Hiya Robbie, Conas at� t�,
Great to see another Paddy on here,

<< Experiment with quotes below and the smileys by clicking on the red add smiley

All types, and all ages and outlooks on here so you'll have a blast

See you around :banana:

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 02:58 PM

Is everybody else naked???...I hope so...:banana:
OOOH YA, iam nakid in the paint booth,WHAT? its hotter than a two dollar pistel in here,
I swear close are as useful as a ash try on a motorcycle.

rofl
Wearing a smile, it's free and never out-of-date happy

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 02:56 PM
It's 10.30 pm now so I'm chillin' in my pink satin PJs yawn

I'm also wearing a leg boot as I busted up my ankle sad2

Comfort trumps over trendy for me as I don't want to be a slave to fashion. I usually scrub up well when I have to go to a fancy do but normally I live in leggings and jeans and colourful tops.

I have to admit that some clothes are worth investing in as they last, like my leather jacket etc

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 12:49 PM
I like all sorts and shapes of men, but the sexiest are the ones who use their strength for good, like chopping logs, or stepping in front of runaway bulls etc...

Personally the only six pack I like is in the fridge...

And anyone who spends more time in the gym than in our bed is missing out BIG Time,,,,

and finally, my boobs have never been called 'well defined, eternal, oblique potato looking things' but I actually like that reference!

Guess OP here likes the stereotypical Barbie, I'm betting!

Players be players,
Gym monkeys be pumping
and cerebrals are correcting ...

THESE POSTS GET FUNNIER EACH TIME, PLEASE keep them coming...

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 07:07 AM

Rate my profile or message me (:
sweet wanna hook up!!love love

waving rofl

Yeah, he likes to hook up, but when the fish don't bite, he ends up just holding his rod....

Care to join me in paying him a visit as he wants me to hit him up, and I need to borrow one of your hammers...a mallet would do nicely, methinks :wink:

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 06:02 AM

Last night.
My brother died the night I got home to Michigan. The pain doesn't leave you.

((plastic_pancakes))

Yes that pain lives with you as he is family. I still get flooded with memories of my Mum whenever I visit my family home. She died of cancer, aged only 59. That was 25 years ago, and I still miss her madly. Sending you hugs and love, prayers and blessings, sweetheart.

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 04:09 AM

Who wants to be held all night?
what held at gun point? LOL:laughing:

rofl rofl
with your $2 pistol scared shades

Might need a back up plan too :banana:

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 02:46 AM

On what??

Apart from the language barrier, she is looking for a female so you may be 'barking up the wrong tree' :wink:

Speaking of barking tho' your dog is soooo cute.love
My daughter's dog is adorable, half jack Russell, half Pug

P.S. A bit suspect just quoting contacts only and no personal details - just sayin'

So do you want to add something interesting to the conversation? ,,,

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 01:52 AM

Sky, of all ur limitations
NOT seeking an intimate encounter
NOT married
NOT a smoker
NOT a drinker
I do not fit ur age group. And many people here on the forums do not either. Just saying. I know why u have the limitations and good for ya! But some people like writing a lot and cannot. Again, just saying. I don not mean me. I mean in general. True story!

same boat

hope ya get more mail tomorrow : )

(( EmeraldSkies ))

I tried to pm you and couldn't because of the age restrictions. I realise that you have two choices:
1 Widen your age limits so others can contact you which will mean more work on filtering out the genuine messages from scammers. I get why you did it in the first place, but it limits older potential friends contacting you.
2 Accept that there are always guys who call us 'Babes' etc. They are usually scammers or manwhores. Guys just wanting to be 'hit up' aren't worth replying to either but are on here hoping to hook up with like-minded people so again, delete and keep your options open. Scambags and sex maniacs are unavoidable as we are on a public site. I had to get used to it and just get my delete button into overdrive

Anyway, remain hopeful, nothing comes quick or easy in lif

Shovs's photo
Mon 08/18/14 01:19 AM
Hi Faiz,
Did you actually give them money or bank details?
If so get your bank to freeze the a/c asap or you will be cleaned out. Scambags are always trying to hook me but I ain't biting.

I just get annoyed at how often they try, they sent the same shite in a different guise but once money is mentioned (or wanting my Skype/email/facebook details in the first contact, then its delete and report their a$$ to the site moderators who are more than happy to deal with it.

Can't trust anyone on the internet. Even on here, I have friends but if any asked me for money, it would be curtains for them.

Learning curve, bro. Move on and move on up :banana: