Community > Posts By > DarCWQ

no photo
Thu 07/24/14 10:09 PM
you didn't seriously click on it did you.
Links and attachments are the worst thing for getting viruses

I did, lol.
I understand what you're saying though & thanks for the warning.

Running a Linux Operating System, Firefox browser with scripts, popups, ads & trackers blocked, and FF is set to warn me if a site tries to install something, or it's a known attack site or forgery.

Before I open a page I'm not sure about I always run it's address through Trend Micro's site safety page - http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/
There are other free ones that can run similar checks but I find TM's the best.
The link by the O/P comes back as safe & is just a news article on a Nigerian news website.
The latest tests indicate that this URL contains no malicious software and shows no signs of phishing.

Lol, I learned a hard lesson about a decade ago with regards to internet security, that prompted me to learn about how to not make the same mistakes again, which so far seems to be working...touch wood...drinker

no photo
Thu 07/24/14 12:29 PM
It means the problem might still persist if you don't clear your web browser's cache.
If you're still seeing messages duplicated when sending you should perhaps clear the cache in whatever web browser you use.

If you're not seeing messages duplicated when sending you don't need to do anything.

Have a look here for a how-to on whatever browser you're using - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/f/clear-cache.htm

no photo
Thu 07/24/14 12:19 PM
Looks like it's just a news article.

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 11:08 PM
Messages are no longer duplicating, thanks Charles.

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 07:13 AM
The Chosen Ones - The Black Sorrows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2WWcB3bbI

Would have to be my favourite song at the moment I think :thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 05:48 AM
Shooting Shark - Blue Oyster Cult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFL4OS5FRM

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 05:06 AM
In the City - Joe Walsh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 04:36 AM
Kiss You All Over - No Mercy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9u832QAJ68

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 04:17 AM
Drops of Jupiter - Train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xf-Lesrkuc

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 04:04 AM
Days Like This - Van Morrison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BteIwbKU_iQ

no photo
Tue 07/22/14 12:56 AM
If he is as cute as this and another decade older I might be persuaded to go for hot . blushing

no photo
Mon 07/21/14 12:25 PM
Someone who's extremely honest.

TBRich :laughing:

no photo
Fri 07/18/14 10:37 PM
Not sure if this is related to this bug or not but when I'm viewing the Mutual Matches page and click the Send a Message link I get a page displayed in text that looks like it might be the source code, instead of another page.

no photo
Thu 07/17/14 02:20 PM
Hello,

Today when I reply to someone in a mail message when I click Send Message for some reason it displays a duplicate of the original.
Since I joined here a couple of weeks ago I've seen this happen once or twice, appeared to be random, but today it's doing it every time I click Send Message.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 11:57 PM
There are times of day when we are 'expected' to endure more noise than others, I think those who take issue with 'noise' during the day are irritating, but those who are expecting a certain quiet at night arent really asking too much.

That's because you sleep at night.
If you had to sleep during the day perhaps your perspective would be a little different.
I have no issue with people going about their business, using power tools, mowing lawns, reving Harley's (neighbour) etc., it's part of daytime activities and foolish to expect people tone it down during the day.

The problem I have is with people who get a dog or two, do not train them to behave and basically just let them do whatever they want.
Then these people go to work, the kids go to school, and the dog/s are left to do whatever they want all day, which in most cases here ends up being running around barking at anything, everything and nothing.

People's choices of dog could probably do with a little education at times too I feel, a lot of times I see couples both working full-time that will get a high-maintanence working dog for a pet, all ok while they're around spending time with them, but those dogs usually have a great time and cause all sorts of problems when left to their own devices.
I think this is not fair on the dog itself, or other people who's lives are affected by these dogs when that situation arises.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 10:35 AM
Where I live dogs can be a real problem at times, it's not the dogs fault though, it's mostly their idiot owners not controlling them properly that causes the issues.

Lol, after working nights for a couple of weeks straight I certainly don't think they're cute when they run around the yard beside mine barking at nothing all day while I'm trying to sleep

no photo
Fri 07/11/14 03:21 AM
It's no justification to mistreat an animal, but if the animals are looked after correctly then I don't see the issue.
I guess in different parts of the world they're treated differently.
Where I live in western Queensland it seems to me they're treated quite well.
I'm talking properties that are 10's of thousands of acres in size each and not overstocked.

Most of the farmers around here manage their land and stock quite well, if they didn't they'd probably be out of business by now.
One place I go to there's full grown Brahman cattle that I've known since they were born, they'll come right up for a scratch, jump around silly and play games with you most times they know you're out there, mistreated animals will not do those sorts of things.
But, when their time comes they'll be sent to be slaughtered as that's their destiny.

It's really just common sense to have abbatoirs away from the larger population areas.
Human beings nowdays can be pretty soft when it comes to their food.
Which is exactly why they pay others to do the dirty work they couldn't or won't do themselves.
I don't see any problem with that.

I believe most people eat because they're hungry, not because they're told to.
I'm well aware where my food comes from & the processes it goes through from paddock to plate, though I do agree a lot of people don't.
And when they find out some don't seem to be able to handle it very well & run around crying 'cruelty' etc...

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 01:26 PM
Edited by DarCWQ on Thu 07/10/14 01:29 PM
I think I'd be a little sceptical of any publications by Greenpeace that are supposed to be fact, especially something from 13 years ago.

On the subject of animals having hard lives on farms etc., one thing I've noticed nowdays is that some people try to have us believe that animals are aware they are missing out on something great because they are being factory farmed instead of running wild in nature.
While it might gather sympathy for a cause and sound good etc., this simply isn't true.

Say you have a heard of cattle on a property/farm/ranch, been born & raised there and know no other life.
And you have another herd of cattle running wild.

While it might seem to humans that the cattle on the farm are worse off than the ones running wild, it doesn't seem that way to the cattle.
They don't know any different.
They're just being animals, day after day turning feed into crap & thinking about reproducing biggrin

I'm not saying animals don't have emotions though, quite a lot obviously do.
I think animals can also have instinctive reactions that can sometimes be mistaken by humans for emotion.
I'm also not saying animals don't suffer or feel pain, they do.

Jaxxxxxxxxx raised another good point there, I believe there's more than enough food to go around at present.
But so long as corporate greed exists, which will probably be forever, this food will never make it to those who cannot afford it.
And if all of a sudden all this food was to be distributed to everyone who needed it everywhere, imagine what the population explosion of humans would do to an already overpopulated world.

Edited to fix spelling mistakes

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 03:51 AM
testing...

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 11:22 AM
I've seen that happen a few times too, I was thinking it was because they were scammers and had been reported or caught out by the site admin so their accounts were deactivated.
But that's only a guess, it could be they just changed their minds about being here, or maybe that is what happens when they block you.