Community > Posts By > OnNewJourney

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 06:39 PM
So, you read forums and never leave any comments? After that you browse profiles of some Minglers that you find intriguing. And when asked about it you give no answer. Well, even no answer is an answer. Didn't you know that? LOL

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 06:24 PM

^^^^Nope, don't mind at all. flowerforyou

Thanks.LOL flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 06:07 PM
I love Mingle because of having a pleasure of making friends online and equal pleasure of having an option of not meeting some other Minglers online. Or off-line.

I hope fleta_n_mach won't mind a bit of modification of her reply in computer jargon:

papers > unfinished business > legality > potential for fraud/untruths > scroll down

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 03:29 PM
No.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 03:22 PM
Edited by OnNewJourney on Fri 11/14/14 03:46 PM

Some people can't accept that being different is not good or bad, but simply different. It is much easier to generalize, accept stereotypes and judge others than to understand them.
We should be equal and treated that way, but we were not born equal to begin with. We do not have the same backgrounds, physical or mental abilities or talents at birth. Not to mention an access to an education and health care. Therefore, our starting positions are not equal and even with a determination, discipline and hard work it is not always possible to overcome all the obstacles in our lives and achieve the results we want.
I have seen topics like this turned into personal insults exchange and have no wish to participate in any discussion on that level. Therefore, I shall restrain myself from any further elaborations for a while and keep reading other opinions.
Maybe we were not all born equal, but I believe that everyone should be treated with respect. If it is too hard not to (in)directly label others because of different views, simply leave me out of it. No reply is a reply. Read it that way.

I agree. I am not attempting in anyway concerned with good or bad in this discussion personally. I just don't believe that having more money or education makes one less likely to smoke,, although I do believe there may be more resources and information to assist them in STOPPING at some point between 30 and 65 when they could then answer a NO to if they smoke.

I believe impoverished are more likely to commit physical crimes , not because they are better or worse, but due to different circumstancs and RESOURCES.

I believe most social issues come back to RESOURCES.

If one million working poor people stole just one dollar and one millionaire stole one million dollars, what shall we focus on when discussing the theft? On motives, means and opportunities or damage inflicted to society caused by one million and one thieves?

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 03:14 PM
What makes some people feel entitled to judge other people's life styles or habits?
The money collected by tax department is used in many ways. If some agree, others shall disagree with the spending. It's nothing new, is it?
When smoking becomes illegal, let me know. Meanwhile, keep in mind that so called "sin tax" is quite welcomed by tax department and used to finance various government's activities, programs and services which some of us smokers approve or disapprove, equally as non-smokers.
What are we talking about anyways, poverty, smoking, prejudices...?
smokin

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 03:01 PM
If you ever come to Hamilton, I'll buy you a coffee just because. Don't get any ideas or read between the lines. Nothing there. Just random act of kindness and a bit of curiosity... I love hawks!
Have a nice day!

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 02:48 PM
Barbra Streisand - People
http://youtu.be/fPlQ6EtArSc

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 02:43 PM
http://youtu.be/r28U7RJ1QO4

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 02:16 PM
Something Vague

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 02:13 PM

He wants to be the first guy on the block to have a western maid.. you know...a status thing.

He will peer out the window as she is throwing the garbage out just to see if Ackmed down the street is looking

I am a visual type and you just made a great intro of a romance-gone-nasty type of a comedy. I can see Arnold alone and crying loud in the last scene. LOL

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 02:06 PM

blushing: Thank you!! That's the way it is supposed to be(MORALS AND RESPECT) for yourself and others feelings!!frustrated

I hear you.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 01:41 PM

When replying there is no divorce yet, most women walked away. Speaking with my female friends, they have the same opinion. Now most of these were/is highly educated women with scientific education and brilliant minds.

There is nothing wrong with a single woman walking away from a man who is still married.

Agreed!!!That's what I would do.

If it is over than get on with it and make it officially over. I'll believe it when I see it. Words are just words.

The way you put it, your question might also be rephrased as: "Why wouldn't you be with me while I am still married? Don't you see how many people cheat their spouses with no regrets? Why wouldn't do you the same if you care for me?" Because, it is cheating if you are still married.
And why should she be played against a future ex-wife? That sounds like a manipulation of both wife and the women you asked that question. You think you are THAT GOOD? LOL

BTW, anyone who throws away the money that way doesn't leave an impression of a trustworthy person. Such an attitude doesn't make a good impression at all. Se, here is your free answer without any further clarifications.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 01:04 PM

Does true love really exist? And is it blind?

My late wife and I had true love, and neither of us needed a seeing-eye dog.

You described a true and deep love.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 01:04 PM

lust is blind.

love always see.

You think lust is blind? Maybe in a sense of not seeing an object of a lust as a person, but certainly not while targeting it.
I would agree that love sees, but it takes time to get to know a person and accept imperfections that are not so obvious at the very beginning when love still blinds a clear vision.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 12:54 PM
Why was my reply deleted?
Let's see...
It said:
"Love can be blind for a while, but when your eyes open up and you still love the same person, than it is not a blind love, but a true deep love.
Just curious ... Why did you ask?"

What was wrong with my reply?

Deletion of posts without any notification and an explanation is not exactly the best way to encourage Minglers to be active on forums.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 12:34 PM

"Sloooooowly Adapting!"

Adapting to what... if I may ask?
From this injury i had last May. Its in my information on my profile.That's why i'm not on here much.

Last May... that's a long recovery process. I hope you will gain your strength back. Take care.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 12:29 PM

Actually if it is a first time meet then it should be dutch...

But if you are asking someone out on a date after you have met then the person asking should pick up the check.. It is always nice if the other at least offers to pay or leave the tip at least..

Myself if I ask someone to go out to eat, movies ect I expect to pay the tab and leave the tip and always do...

The guys I have dated have never thought anything about it and picked up the tab... Therefore when I insisted to pay the tab once in a while it has always been a nice surprise for them...Kind of like telling them I'm not using them for a meal ticket ect... Not the way I was raised... When you are actually in a relationship each should do things for the other no one should be the only one paying when both are enjoying the company of another...

You summed it up nicely. That's what it is all about.

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 12:18 PM

"Sloooooowly Adapting!"

Adapting to what... if I may ask?

no photo
Fri 11/14/14 12:15 PM

drinker

It's funny because it's true. LOL