Mingle2 Holiday Dating Guide
Just like the classic Andy Williams Christmas song, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year…” This is your chance to step up your game during the holidays and show how wonderful you really are. The holidays are all about parties, mingling, family, old friends, and (depending on how wonderful you are) maybe new friends too. There are many ways to make this holiday season not-so-lonely, here at Mingle2, we thought we’d share a Holiday Dating Guide Mingletip just for you to truly make this the most wonderful time of the year.
Is there a “+1” on your RSVP?
Bringing a +1 to a holiday event would be nice this year, right? Having Aunt Sue ask you if your dating someone or when are you getting married is just something you don’t want to hear again. Why not bring a date to the holiday party this year? How do you do that?
- One of the easiest and fastest way to get noticed online is by updating your Mingle2 online dating profile to reflect how excited you are to be with someone for the holidays. Changing your profile intro to “A New Years Eve Kiss Would Be Nice This Year” or something fun and festive will get you more looks
- Adding or updating your photos in your profile will help get you to the top of the list again.
- Get in the holiday cheer and send that someone you have a crush on a Mingle2 Wink or a Nudge. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- t’s the holidays. There are many people in your same situation looking to share the holidays with that special someone, so spread some holiday cheer and Mingle.
Holiday Parties for Work & Family
You’ve found a date and you have a few parties lined up. Bringing a date to the office holiday party OR the family Christmas party can go really good, or really bad. Here are some tips to make it the best holiday party you’ve been to. Bringing a date to a work or family holiday party will have a different vibe for each. Typically, a work function is a bit more formal and conservative, whereas a family party is going to be more casual and laid back. Before going to any party make sure you communicate with your date what the event will be like:
- Tell your date who will be there, so they’ll know what to expect from the event; either a serious room of managers or a casual group atmosphere of family and friends.
- Let them know the dress attire. Should they get all “glammed” up with an evening gown or a suit, or will jeans and a nice top suffice. Having you and your date being overdressed or underdressed can be the beginning of a bad night.
- Will there be dinner served or just cocktails? Let your date know ahead of time so they can prepare. A hungry date, can usually lead to a cranky date.
- Make sure you introduce your date to your co-workers and family. Make your date a part of the party. Don’t ignore her/him while you talk about the latest office/family gossip.
- If you’re going to a family party, don’t go empty handed. Bring a nice small gift. Either a nice bottle of wine wrapped up in a bow or fresh cut flowers with a simple Happy Holiday greeting!
Happy Holidays from Mingle2