Community > Posts By > ZenSoul79

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 03/13/16 06:25 PM
Nail in the coffin. I'm done here. SMDH.

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 03/09/16 03:55 PM
Okay, guys! Tough question, I know, but which movie do you think will dominate the box office?

MarvelStudios with:

OR

DC Films with:

Let the debate begin!!!!

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 03/09/16 03:46 PM
Frosty first impression, hard to like, lol!

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 03/09/16 03:43 PM
Great answers guys. Thanks! drinks

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 03/09/16 02:26 AM

Romantic :-)

Aww, thanks! flowerforyou :heart:

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 03/09/16 02:25 AM
Everyone has varying responses to this, but how long must you chat with someone before meeting them in person?

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 03/08/16 01:25 PM
Equestrian. flowerforyou

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 03/08/16 12:37 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Tue 03/08/16 12:40 PM

The Descent is what I would call one half psychological thriller (all the tension of cave diving and spelunking and cave ins and stuff going wrong, friends arguing, paranoia setting in, etc), and then it jsut turns into a bloody nightmare with the addition of subterranean inbred carnivorous descendants of cavemen catching human prey in the dark!
The jumpscares are damn good, the sound fx add to the skin-crawling relentlessness, and the movie doesnt quit, nor does it let you quit until you are so psychologically and physically spent til the credits roll!
And the sequel was....meh, at best.
Nothing beats the original, though!

I feel this is the last/greatest horror film made (I know Torgo will disagree with me, lol). The ending is fantastic because it leaves you wondering what the hell just happened.

I have the directors cut and was surprised to find out that the movie does have two different endings. One where Sarah escapes the cave and one where her escape was all a dream/hallucination that ends with her seeing a hallucination of her daughter and sitting there, actually alone while the camera pans out and away from her the the screen goes black.
It was really surreal, effective, kinda sad, but aslo awesome as far as endings go!
I'd definitely disagree that its the last great horror film made, there have been some films in recent years since then that have really entertained audioences and have been pretty good without resorting to cheap scares or the tropes that come with them. The Babadook for example.

ZenSoul79's photo
Mon 03/07/16 11:38 PM
Predictable answer, but some would agree with me:
"Bond...........James Bond."

ZenSoul79's photo
Mon 03/07/16 11:33 PM
Bit of an under rated one, but it just kinda popped into my head!

ZenSoul79's photo
Mon 03/07/16 11:19 PM
The Descent is what I would call one half psychological thriller (all the tension of cave diving and spelunking and cave ins and stuff going wrong, friends arguing, paranoia setting in, etc), and then it jsut turns into a bloody nightmare with the addition of subterranean inbred carnivorous descendants of cavemen catching human prey in the dark!
The jumpscares are damn good, the sound fx add to the skin-crawling relentlessness, and the movie doesnt quit, nor does it let you quit until you are so psychologically and physically spent til the credits roll!
And the sequel was....meh, at best.
Nothing beats the original, though!

ZenSoul79's photo
Mon 03/07/16 11:09 PM
Catching up on a few current shows like Agents of SHIELD, and Supergirl.
Thinking of getting into Penny Dreadful and American Horror Story, as I've always been attracted to the weird, science fiction/fantasy altered reality types of shows and stories.
A lot of prep and creativity goes into making tv these days and I also like watching behind the scenes production stuff too, they're pretty fun.

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 03/01/16 09:23 PM

You paint very vivid images with the brushstrokes of your words. The insulated cove you described is enviable :smile:

Thank you. ohwell

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 02/28/16 11:44 PM
Trudging my way up into the green hills and bronze-colored soil pathways as the sun rays catch the dust in shafts that reach the forest floor, I am content.

My eyes meet the leaves and ferns, wafting in the stiff breeze, the breeze caresses my cheeks, I spread my arms and close my eyes, inhaling, and letting in fill my lungs. Blessed air tinged with forest dew. Organic and magnificent, bringing a smile to my lips as I exhale it out, allowing my eyes to open.

My gaze travels upward as I continue on, to the sound of the rattling woodpecker batting away at the distant redwoods, and the loon i hear, warbling in the distance.

I come upon the house - a quaint, medium-sized dwelling with an open porch in the front, a load of firewood beside the entrance door. I sweated chopping it yesterday, I don't much feel like sweating anymore today. But the harder work is done.

Making my way inside, I set down the groceries on the wood and brick island, mid kitchen, setting the fruits and veggies int he fridge, having jsut come from the farmer's market jsut down the road.

I think to call out your name, but then decide against it, thinking it's better to let you sleep in. Groceries put in their places, I quietly make my way to the living room. The paper is on the coffee table. I check for the movie showtimes, knowing there was a romance you mentioned wanting to see last week.

I tiptoe into the bedroom...and I'm in awe fo what I see. I've seen it so many times before, but today, on this morning, I am more appreciative and grateful. You are asleep, your beauty bathed in shafts of golden sunlight, your chest rising and falling evenly, and you face serene and content. I can't help but stare in awe for a few precious moments. I cant help but think on how extremely lucky I am, that someone with your heart, your intelligence, your beauty, made your way into my life... and enhanced it. Made it more whole, made me more grateful for my own life, that I was able to share it with you.

I kneel beside your face at the head of the bed. Your eyes flutter open. I'm sorry, I say. Hope I didn't wake you. You shake your head no and tell me you were dreaming. Was it a good dream? I ask. You give me your best tired grin, and whisper in my ear. "I dunno if I've woken up yet. You're still here." I gently climb into bed with you, and morning turns to afternoon. The groceries bought. The woods chopped. The birds sing. Breakfast will keep.

I want this time with you. This is ours, just this. Your in my arms, listening to my steady hearbeat and threatening to fall into blissful sleep yet again. And it's okay. I'm not sure I've woken up, either. Don't want to. where we dwell is a place where our dreams live and thrive. Maybe not for all time, but for this time... our home is a happy one.

*****Comments and feedback encouraged and appreciated! Thanks for reading!****

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 02/28/16 11:33 PM
We (whoever we are) love you, too! waving drinks flowers

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 02/28/16 11:33 PM
We (whoever we are) love you, too! waving drinks flowers

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 02/28/16 11:32 PM
Striving for balance.
Long road ahead.
Demons to purge.
In time, I'll slay the ones I can deal with, strategize how to lay waste to the others in the days or years to come.
A warrior who falters is still a warrior.
But his heart must be as guarded as his skin.
And armor that thick must have the right amount of layers.
Those who would pierce my armor with their arrows of malicious intent must never see my blood.
But there are those who over time, good faith, charity, friendship....and yes, perhaps one day,
in truest and deepest love,
would gently peel back
each layer of my armor.
They will see and bask in the light of my soul, and push aside the darkness.
They will be the ones worth keeping.
However few they may be.
(comments encouraged and appreciated. Thanks! waving

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 02/28/16 10:09 PM

Cheers to you for putting yourself out there! That is a really positive step forward I think drinker

I am also quite sensitive myself , but I developed a weird strategy for dealing with it over the years. Over time, I have conditioned my mind to NOT expect people to like me me.

And in a strange way, it has taken all the pressure off me. Isn't it our worst fear that people won't love us or accept us? So if I assume no one or few people will like me, my worst fear is eclipsed, and I am free to focus all my energy into being the hot mess that I am. :smile: So if some people do end up liking the full authentic self I put out there , it's a blessing to my life , but if they don't, it doesn't hurt so much because I was mentally prepared for the worst anyway.

Ofcourse I am human, so there are some days when I am vulnerable and really crave acceptance. On such days, any disapproval from others affects me deeply, but I cut myself slack on those days, and allow myself to cry or go into my shell to regroup , but thankfully it doesn't last.

I am not recommending my strategy for anyone ofcourse. I am just saying what works for me. Everyone has to find what works for them.

Hope you keep active in the forum. Based on the responses to your post today, you can see that your voice resonates with several people and may even inspire other sensitive people to come out of their shell. That alone should be quite encouraging happy . Good luck to you!flowerforyou

flowerforyou

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 10/21/15 10:15 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Wed 10/21/15 10:16 PM

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 10/20/15 09:27 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Tue 10/20/15 09:28 PM
Probaly my mind...although it does get a little crowded what with the fantasies of me being awesome and popular and more handsome, reciting poetry and wooing an immeasurable number of willing women with open ears and open.....er, hearts. I'm gonna go with hearts, yeah.
glasses

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17