Community > Posts By > ZenSoul79

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 06/12/15 03:07 AM
Thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg&feature=youtu.be

:banana:

ZenSoul79's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:44 AM
I have a few photos where I don't exactly look like my normal "Mr. sushine" self, but I dont think people will mistake my main profile pic (which changes up from time to time because I like variety) for me representing myself as mirthless or grumpy or angry at the world or dark...but I do acknowledge that everyone, including myself, has those sides to them.
I kinda of like the profiles that kind of show off those multifaceted sides to themselves, in a way.
An introspective shot here (ooooh, what is she thinking?), a shot of her looking off into the distance (again curious whats on her mind), a pic of her doing outdoor activity (she hikes too? sweet!), or maybe reading her favorite book at a cafe, throwing a frisbee with a friend, playing with her dog, running a 4k, mountain climbing, traveling to other countries, cities...
you know? an actual life she puts effort into having that shows in her profile.
But if she's frowning in ALL of her photos, and the focus tends to be only on her own vanity...yeah, try harder.

Whoa, did I get critical for a few seconds there. My bad, continue, ladies and gents!

ZenSoul79's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:25 AM
He was a badass in real life, too. Fought with the Allies during WWII, allegedly killed a few Nazis.

I remember watching a behind the scenes documentary on Lord of the Rings, and they were filming Saruman's death. Lee was talking to Peter Jackson about the correct way to react when being stabbed, and according to Jackson "went into detail about some very clandestine part of World War II" on the subject, that if you're stabbed you wouldn't scream, because the shock of it would draw the breath literally out of your body or something like that...such a creepy yet fascinating thing for him to know, but being that he'd been a soldier, nobody argued the point with him!

And plus yeah, Dracula, Count Dooku and over 250 films to his resume, knew a handful of languages, and was on a first name basis with people like George Lucas, Tim Burton, JRR Tolkien, Peter Jackson, Peter Cushing, Alec Guiness...the guy had a LIFE!
Very disheatening to hear of his passing. Not many like him left, which is sad in and of itself.
Rest in peace, good sir. You have more than earned it.

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/10/15 08:18 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Wed 06/10/15 08:19 PM
Neon fascination abides and shines on all sides
of this metro megalopolis,
the sights and sounds heightening and
intensifying,
but all they are to her at this moment
are another thing to curse
as she made her way home,
tightening her wool peacoat around her
lithe athletic and skinny frame,
her pace quickening.

How dare they! is all she can think
a moment of triumph short lived as the
other girl she'd always been nice to
always gave tips to,
took a spot that was rightfully hers,
all her hard work for nothing.

Hours of painstaking, jumps, lunges,
squats, holds, feet burning,
toes literally on fire, ankles feeling
like they would give way so many times.
But they didn't.
The scars made her physically stronger,
but at this moment, on her way home,
she couldn't stop her hands from clenching,
and then unclenching.
She needed the warmth of her apartment.
She needed to cuddle with her puppy.
a hot bath, some chocolate,
...and him, if he was home.

The door to her place slammed shut, and she
slumped onto the couch
in a heap, her tiny beagle puppy leaping to
lay beside her.
She smiled briefly as he licked her hands.
she flicked on the tv, crossing her arms as she saw
the backstabber.
The schemer.
The liar.
She imagined with a little bit of glee, how it would feel to
push her off the roof of the auditorium, then shook her head free of such selfish thoughts.
Worry not, be strong, her lover would say.
She did not feel so strong at this moment.
She hugged her puppy as he laid in her arms chewing his toy,
and her eyes welled up.

Minutes later, her lover came through the door,
and her head picked up as their puppy bounded off
the couch to run to his legs, eagerly wagging his tail.
He closed the door took off his coat, and sat beside
his lady, the dancer.
They talked.
She vented.
He let her, keeping a steady hand on her leg the other
on her shoulder as she began to get animated about her
"stupid revenge fantasies,"
and then he smiled and chuckled
she didn't stand to look very appealing in prison
orange.

She smiled for the first time in an hour, and she couldn't
help throwing her arms around him, and her tears were
a bit more happy this time.
In all the emotional commotion she had realized she hadn't
taken her boots off, so he took them off for her.
He went to the bathroom and started the water
in the tub for her.
She needed a soak, but first he kneeled in
front of her and massaged her tired, worn, and
arthritic feet, kissing her wounds gently.
He grinned and lifted her in his arms, admonishing
that she wont be using her feet for a few more minutes,
bringing her to the bathroom as she lay hear head on his
shoulder, sighing contentedly.

As she washed her cares away alone in the bathtub,
he watched the game with the beagle pup, rubbing his
belly as his favorite team scored.
She sighed.
She may not have made prima ballerina tonight...
...but as she looked on "her boys" enjoying the night
on the sofa from the comfort of the open door of the
tub she soaked in, bathed in the warmth of the soothing
water and bubbles surrounding her to the shoulders,
...as far as she was concerned, it was okay.
For this moment, her heart danced even more than
her tired weak body.
And all was well.
Worry not, be strong.
And she would.

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/10/15 04:44 PM
Most of it is just really romantic fantasy. visions I have of idyllic settings and scenarios kicking around in my head, stories, snippets, poetry.
I unleash it onto the page, sometimes it rings true, and sometimes it misses the mark.
Glad you guys enjoyed this one and keep the comments coming!
I'm BLUSHIN HARD OVER HERE! blushing bigsmile

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/10/15 04:18 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Wed 06/10/15 04:25 PM
A few pieces of art from a few favorite artists from different backgrounds genres and disciplines! Enjoy. Names of artists appear below their works.

Ralph McQuarrie

Syd Mead

Jean Girard Moebius

Luis Royo

Doug Chiang

Frank Frazetta

Boris Vallejo

Julie Bell

Ryan Meinerding

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:55 PM
making a list of things ive been afraid to do....and doing them anyway!

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:43 PM

Awesome, very vivid drawing you in, consistent one small hiccup but over all well written and moving

:thumbsup:

well, nobody's perfect! laugh thanks!

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:43 PM

The detail in your words form high definition images of fantastic bliss. Pansy nailed it with one word, idyllic indeed.

thank you!

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:42 PM

Sigh..... I want that.... flowerforyou

deep down i hope we all want something like this.

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:42 PM

Very sweet, zen. Idyllic.
flowerforyou

as it was meant to feel. thanks!

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:41 PM

:heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

D'aaaaaawwwwww!blushing

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:40 PM

really good. :smile: flowerforyou

thanks!:smile:

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 06/09/15 08:40 PM

How's it goin'? happy

CT-born and raised thirtysomething male seeking 20- or 30-something female partner/friend for dating, possible hikes or picnics in Central park, and all around travel buddy from the greater NY/CT/RI general area.

I think some of my Mingle2 friends would describe me as fun, intelligent, well-spoken, strong-hearted, sensitive, creative, patient and romantic.
I would describe myself as a multi-faceted individual who can hold his own in a witty conversation and make you laugh while doing so.

What I'm really looking for is a down-to-earth chill chick who can make me laugh as much as I can make her laugh, hold her own in a conversation, is reasonably athletic (likes hiking, bicycling, being outdoors, etc.), likes summer movie blockbusters as well as the tearjerking romance flicks (closest I ever get to that is a Shakespeare adaptation, but hey, at least I know romantic literature, right?) ... basically, she's an all around girl who's comfy int he city, comfy in the country, and who could see herself very comfortable with me.

I'm looking for someone I can find a lot in common with, and I know it's probably going to be a long road and kind of a gradual hill to climb.
But I've always believed that that life's a journey and you have to find as much as you can out of it in order to enjoy the ride.
And there's a lot of surprises in the journey itself, not just the destination. :wink:

Speaking in all seriousness, though...every guy has his rough edges to smooth over, and I'm no different, honestly. I believe I have a lot to learn from life yet, even though I'm well over 30 now. Experience is really the best teacher, and over the last few years, I've learned a lot more about myself than I ever thought possible.

All I really need is a good solid lady to share that with. And if she can teach me in return, not by telling me, but just by being herself every day, I'd be a very observant student.

Yes, I am hoping to fall in love. Life can't exist without that, or some form of affection, in my opinion.

So, ladies...if my offer sounds enticing enough, give me a look, shoot me a witty message about any interests we may have in common...and we'll take it from there and hopefully figure out the rest as we go.

Hoping I can prove myself worthy of you whoever you may be,
ZenSoul.

Very well written profile.. would you mind if I steal it?.. change a word here and there

Sounds like you already did. If it doesnt come from your own mouth and heart....to be frank, that kinda makes you a cheat.
So, yeah. I mind. Flattered your inspired, but write your own stuff and be original. noway

The comment was made in jest ;).. Actually do write my own stuff and it is always original.

my bad. ive had it happen before.

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 06/07/15 11:15 PM

stay and find out what kind of humor he likes

witty barbs traded over wine always work. :wink:

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 06/07/15 02:12 PM
Not everybody lives in a world of roses and champagne.
There are some places where roses never grow, and people don't even have the luxury of even cheap beer.
and it's not that they don't want to smile.
It's that sometimes they literally just can't because they've been beaten down by life's experience so much, it robs them of their joys, hardens them, twists them into shadows of their former selves.
It's not the most attractive photo sometimes, I know.
But there are times in life that I can relate to them.
Everyone can relate to it on some level, I feel.

ZenSoul79's photo
Sat 06/06/15 08:56 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Sat 06/06/15 09:20 PM

How's it goin'? happy

CT-born and raised thirtysomething male seeking 20- or 30-something female partner/friend for dating, possible hikes or picnics in Central park, and all around travel buddy from the greater NY/CT/RI general area.

I think some of my Mingle2 friends would describe me as fun, intelligent, well-spoken, strong-hearted, sensitive, creative, patient and romantic.
I would describe myself as a multi-faceted individual who can hold his own in a witty conversation and make you laugh while doing so.

What I'm really looking for is a down-to-earth chill chick who can make me laugh as much as I can make her laugh, hold her own in a conversation, is reasonably athletic (likes hiking, bicycling, being outdoors, etc.), likes summer movie blockbusters as well as the tearjerking romance flicks (closest I ever get to that is a Shakespeare adaptation, but hey, at least I know romantic literature, right?) ... basically, she's an all around girl who's comfy int he city, comfy in the country, and who could see herself very comfortable with me.

I'm looking for someone I can find a lot in common with, and I know it's probably going to be a long road and kind of a gradual hill to climb.
But I've always believed that that life's a journey and you have to find as much as you can out of it in order to enjoy the ride.
And there's a lot of surprises in the journey itself, not just the destination. :wink:

Speaking in all seriousness, though...every guy has his rough edges to smooth over, and I'm no different, honestly. I believe I have a lot to learn from life yet, even though I'm well over 30 now. Experience is really the best teacher, and over the last few years, I've learned a lot more about myself than I ever thought possible.

All I really need is a good solid lady to share that with. And if she can teach me in return, not by telling me, but just by being herself every day, I'd be a very observant student.

Yes, I am hoping to fall in love. Life can't exist without that, or some form of affection, in my opinion.

So, ladies...if my offer sounds enticing enough, give me a look, shoot me a witty message about any interests we may have in common...and we'll take it from there and hopefully figure out the rest as we go.

ZenSoul.

Very well written profile.. would you mind if I steal it?.. change a word here and there

Sounds like you already did. If it doesnt come from your own mouth and heart....to be frank, that kinda makes you a cheat.
So, yeah. I mind. Flattered your inspired, but write your own stuff and be original. noway

ZenSoul79's photo
Sat 06/06/15 07:07 PM
How's it goin'? happy

ZenSoul.

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 06/05/15 07:09 PM
Trudging my way up into the green hills
and bronze-colored soil pathways
as the sun rays catch the dust in shafts
that reach the forest floor,
I am content.

My eyes meet the leaves and ferns, wafting in the stiff breeze,
the breeze caresses my cheeks,
I spread my arms and close my eyes,
inhaling, and letting in fill my lungs.
Blessed air tinged with forest dew.
Organic and magnificent, bringing a smile
to my lips as I exhale it out,
allowing my eyes to open.

My gaze travels upward as I continue on,
to the sound of the rattling woodpecker
batting away at the distant redwoods,
and the loon i hear, warbling in the distance.

I come upon the house - a quaint, medium-sized dwelling
with an open porch in the front, a load of firewood
beside the entrance door.
I sweated chopping it yesterday, I don't much feel like sweating
anymore today. But the harder work is done.

Making my way inside, I set down the groceries on the
wood and brick island, mid kitchen, setting the fruits and
veggies int he fridge, having jsut come
from the farmer's market jsut down the road.

I think to call out your name, but then decide against it,
thinking it's better to let you sleep in.
Groceries put in their places, I quietly make my way to the living room.
The paper is on the coffee table. I check for the movie showtimes,
knowing there was a romance you mentioned wanting to see last week.

I tiptoe into the bedroom...and I'm in awe fo what I see.
I've seen it so many times before, but today,
on this morning,
I am more appreciative and grateful.
You are asleep, your beauty bathed in shafts of golden sunlight,
your chest rising and falling evenly,
and you face serene and content.
I can't help but stare in awe for a few precious moments.
I cant help but think on how extremely lucky I am,
that someone with your heart, your intelligence, your beauty,
made your way into my life...
and enhanced it.
Made it more whole, made me more grateful for my own life,
that I was able to share it with you.

I kneel beside your face at the head of the bed.
Your eyes flutter open.
I'm sorry, I say. Hope I didn't wake you.
You shake your head no and tell me you were dreaming.
Was it a good dream? I ask.
You give me your best tired grin, and whisper in my ear.
"I dunno if I've woken up yet. You're still here."
I gently climb into bed with you,
and morning turns to afternoon.
The groceries bought.
The woods chopped.
The birds sing.
Breakfast will keep.

I want this time with you.
This is ours, just this.
Your in my arms, listening to my steady hearbeat and threatening to fall into blissful sleep yet again.
And it's okay.
I'm not sure I've woken up, either.
Don't want to.
where we dwell is a place where our dreams live and thrive.
Maybe not for all time, but for this time...
our home is a happy one.

Comments and feedback encouraged and appreciated!
Thanks for reading!
-ZEN. flowerforyou

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:43 PM
I'm actually hot blooded about certain things and can be passionate, but my favorite times in life are when I can allow myself to relax and let things flow through my soul, and just be calm, unreactive and....well, for lack of a better term, zen.
It's more of an aspiration for the man I feel myself becoming at this stage in my life. I'm a bit less hot-blooded about things, though I have my moments. Never lost my passion though, that will stick with me til death, hopefully.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 16 17