Community > Posts By > BigSky1970

BigSky1970's photo
Tue 01/26/16 12:09 AM

I love a blank profile or ill tell you later,Iam like really? thats some lazy chit,,,LoL

Yep! It impresses NO ONE!
its like there not even really looking to date,
I think you need to know something about a person before you can take an interest in them, saying ill tell you later is such a turn off,,

I always worry that people like that when actually given the chance to tell me later , ACTUALLY have nothing substantive to say

This might not work for everyone, but when I was about to create my profile, I wrote what people thought of me as a person and what I thought of me and what I'm looking for, and cobbled those together with my interests. Sometimes we're the worst judges of our own character, the best critics are those people who know you (close friends, family and relatives). I then dictated my thoughts on to my iPhone using the Notes app and I typed out my final draft into Notepad on my computer.

When I was satisfied enough to put it in the appropriate box on Mingle2, I copied the text and pasted it in to the text box on Mingle2 and posted it to the site.

That entire process took about 4 or 5 days, mostly during my free time.

I've since edited my Mingle2 profile here on Mingle2 about 5 or 6 times since I set up my profile. (including changing my location from Montana to South Dakota, since I moved).

I honestly didn't know what to put on mine at first, so I browsed around, asked others offline for suggestions and did a little bit of online research.

Again, being the self-critic, I don't think my profile is the world's greatest, but with some effort, I'm happy I put something substantive in my profile beyond "I'll Tell You Later".

Yeah. It is almost as if when the person couldn't even put the effort into filling out a profile, that it registers somewhere in my brain that he won't put the effort into getting acquainted with me. I admit that is judgmental of me, but its a visceral reaction that I have.

EXACTLY! It's like if they're not going to put any effort in to writing a profile, there's a good chance they're not going to put any effort in to a relationship.

The reason I look for profiles with some information in it, is that it gives me a starting point for creating a conversation beyond shared interests or compatibility. For example, if one of her interests is classic movies or the TV show "Seinfeld" that would be a whole chat conversation in itself for me, as I find both to be entertaining and relaxing. And there's a pretty good chance when the next step comes, of binge watching classic movies that we both like or "Seinfeld" episodes.

BigSky1970's photo
Mon 01/25/16 01:17 AM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Mon 01/25/16 01:20 AM

I love a blank profile or ill tell you later,Iam like really? thats some lazy chit,,,LoL

Yep! It impresses NO ONE!
its like there not even really looking to date,
I think you need to know something about a person before you can take an interest in them, saying ill tell you later is such a turn off,,

I always worry that people like that when actually given the chance to tell me later , ACTUALLY have nothing substantive to say

This might not work for everyone, but when I was about to create my profile, I wrote what people thought of me as a person and what I thought of me and what I'm looking for, and cobbled those together with my interests. Sometimes we're the worst judges of our own character, the best critics are those people who know you (close friends, family and relatives). I then dictated my thoughts on to my iPhone using the Notes app and I typed out my final draft into Notepad on my computer.

When I was satisfied enough to put it in the appropriate box on Mingle2, I copied the text and pasted it in to the text box on Mingle2 and posted it to the site.

That entire process took about 4 or 5 days, mostly during my free time.

I've since edited my Mingle2 profile here on Mingle2 about 5 or 6 times since I set up my profile. (including changing my location from Montana to South Dakota, since I moved).

I honestly didn't know what to put on mine at first, so I browsed around, asked others offline for suggestions and did a little bit of online research.

Again, being the self-critic, I don't think my profile is the world's greatest, but with some effort, I'm happy I put something substantive in my profile beyond "I'll Tell You Later".

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 01/23/16 11:40 PM
Hot Tuna - Water Song

BigSky1970's photo
Tue 01/19/16 09:21 AM

I wish the site would ban "hi" altogether. I have heard it way too may times online. I am tempted to ignore "Hi" s altogether actally, but if they have enough details filled out, I will give the hi a pass happy

Maybe I'm being too selective. Afterall, I've been burned twice on this site from two different females.

For me I look at profiles like a job resume. The person writing the profile is seeking the "job" of being someone's other half.

When their picture is of an Asian woman, for example, and their ethnicity is "Caucasian" or "Native American" and they live in "New York, California", chances are they're a scammer.

Saying "Hi" is fine in the process of engaging in a face-to-face conversation, but for me, it doesn't impress upon me in a dating profile.

Oh, another pet peeve; writing the "blurb about yourself" in the "interest" section and filling out the "blurb" with "Hi...".

BigSky1970's photo
Tue 01/19/16 01:00 AM
Megadeth - Public Enemy No. 1

BigSky1970's photo
Mon 01/18/16 09:13 PM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Mon 01/18/16 09:14 PM
Jeff Bridges - What A Little Bit Of Love Can Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_2P1DnNWE

Friend posted this on my FB wall. Gave it a couple listens. I like "The Dude" and this song is catchy.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 09:14 PM

It`s a know fact that no one ask for sex straight away (except if u r a hooker or in college or clueless bigsmile ). But it is asked in a different way like "would you like to come up for tea" or "No one is at home and I ll be bored" or "Would you like to see my piano", etc etc blushing

I guess your question is who initiates the booty call?
It depends on how the night is going and who is drool (attracted more).

Your post reminds me of a "Seinfeld" episode. One of the main characters is driving his girlfriend home after an evening out, it's almost midnight and she says "Do you want to come up for some coffee?" and he replies, "Uhhh, no, kind of late. I normally don't drink coffee this late at night." At which point she says OK and gets out and goes home. A minute later he realizes what she meant/intended and starts cursing himself out in the car and yelling. LOL

Yeah I remember that but I don`t think in real life someone will not understand that. But sometimes it is very different to understand like in movie Tomcat, Julia and Jerry are in a hotel room drunk and ready for action but then Julia says "tell me the three magical words". Okay can anyone guess what are those three magical words?

Yeah. LOL

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 08:56 PM

Yes. Compatible goals are so important

Yes, compatibility or shared interests.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 08:52 PM

Height
No answer
Hair color
No answer
Body type
No answer
Ethnicity
No answer
Lifestyle
Marital Status
No answer
Have Children?
No answer
Smokes?
No answer
Religion
No answer
Want Children?
No answer
Drinks?
No answer

Grrrrrr.... I hate this too. I also hate "I will tell you later"frustrated

Or, "Hi..."

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 08:48 PM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Thu 01/14/16 08:49 PM

Questions I generally get in chat are...

How old are you? It's on my profile.
Where do you live? It's on my profile.
What do you do for a living? It's on my profile.
What are you looking for on here? It's on my profile.
What do you do for fun? It's on my profile.

Yeah. That's soooooo annoying. When a couple of guys did that to me, I told them to go to my profile but to be honest, I felt kinda bad afterward. It just felt kinda arrogant. It might be better if I take the time to repeat the answers in my profile I think

Well, there are times I will answer them in chat.

The other night, I was asked where I lived, I told them. We chatted for about an hour or so and she said she needed to do something and would be right back. First question she asked when she came back was "Where do you live?" frustrated

Well maybe there is another way to look at that. I read lots of profiles. Its a lot of information for my brain to handle so I genuinely forget things at times but what I try to do is keep revisiting the profile during the convo to remind myself . Maybe other people have a memory issue like I do but find in easier to re-ask a question rather than re-visit the profile a million times. If that is the case , would you still be critical of the person?

Perhaps. I guess I just figure they didn't take the time to actually read my profile. If a woman is looking to get married, I'm probably not going to contact her. It would be a waste of both of our time, since I'm not looking to get married at this juncture. Little details like that.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 08:10 PM

Yeah. That's soooooo annoying. When a couple of guys did that to me, I told them to go to my profile but to be honest, I felt kinda bad afterward. It just felt kinda arrogant. It might be better if I take the time to repeat the answers in my profile I think

Well, there are times I will answer them in chat.

The other night, I was asked where I lived, I told them. We chatted for about an hour or so and she said she needed to do something and would be right back. First question she asked when she came back was "Where do you live?" frustrated

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 01:17 PM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've never had to ask or beg. I figured out many years ago that the best way to get sex is to be quiet about it. Show some control in yourself. Treat whoever you are with, with respect.

Women, for the most part, are use to men that run around with their penis in their hand looking for somewhere to stick it. A lot of men don't realize that for a lot of women it's a turnoff. So, on the rare occasion that they meet a guy that shows interest in them without pawing or trying to get them to have sex within a few days to a week or two of meeting them, it throws them off their game.

They don't know what to think. The next thing you know she is letting you know that she either isn't interested in you at all. OR, She is ready for it. In other words, treat her with respect. Genuinely care for her. She will either return it, or she won't. If she doesn't, Have some pride in yourself and move on to the next one.

If she is your wife, that's a different story.

^^^ This.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/14/16 01:14 PM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Thu 01/14/16 01:32 PM

BigSky1970's photo
Wed 01/13/16 08:17 PM
Vague profiles. I pass them right on by.

BigSky1970's photo
Wed 01/13/16 07:50 PM

It`s a know fact that no one ask for sex straight away (except if u r a hooker or in college or clueless bigsmile ). But it is asked in a different way like "would you like to come up for tea" or "No one is at home and I ll be bored" or "Would you like to see my piano", etc etc blushing

I guess your question is who initiates the booty call?
It depends on how the night is going and who is drool (attracted more).

Your post reminds me of a "Seinfeld" episode. One of the main characters is driving his girlfriend home after an evening out, it's almost midnight and she says "Do you want to come up for some coffee?" and he replies, "Uhhh, no, kind of late. I normally don't drink coffee this late at night." At which point she says OK and gets out and goes home. A minute later he realizes what she meant/intended and starts cursing himself out in the car and yelling. LOL

BigSky1970's photo
Wed 01/13/16 03:19 PM
Plus, if you have to ask, you're giving off the obvious signal of desperation.

BigSky1970's photo
Wed 01/13/16 03:16 PM

People ask for sex?!

In my experience it happens organically.
If someone asks "When are we going to have sex?" or "Will we have sex tonight?" or even "Do you want sex?" then they aren't reading the signs and if they aren't able to understand me without me spelling things out, then the answer is "No". Plus if it was going to happen, they would be in no doubt and wouldn't have to ask.

Yeah, same here. For me, it happens organically. I've never been in situations where questions had to be asked flat out, usually it involves subtle hints here and there and a bit of flirting.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 01/07/16 12:08 AM
ZZ Top - Woke Up With Wood

BigSky1970's photo
Tue 01/05/16 01:58 PM

Tears Of Rage: Obama Cries During Gun Control Speech

https://youtu.be/gi-GbNR2q9Q
I seriously expected him to break into another rendition of Amazing Grace laugh

ROFL!

BigSky1970's photo
Tue 01/05/16 01:51 PM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Tue 01/05/16 01:55 PM