Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:57 PM

Moe, do you want boots on the ground in Mecca or just air strikes?

if you can do it .... Portugal have been tried by the help of Persia, but they did not succeed .... History is teacher .. if was Hitler learned a lesson when Napoleon lost his battle against the Russians, Germany was now mistress of the world.

Badr, what are you saying? What does Hitler have to do with anything? How is Germany mistress of the world?

Are you saying that increasing military force against ISIS won't help?

in the first i want say that my english not good so ...

That's cool, that's why I ask. I value learning the perspectives of people from other countries, who often have radically different upbringings and outlooks than me.

I often use translate.google.com to help me in circumstances like this. If you use Cntrl-C and Cntrl-V, you can paste your text to/from google translate and see how to improve your English.

you asked this question " Moe, do you want boots on the ground in Mecca or just air strikes? "

and i understand of it that you want bomb Mecca ... ?

is that what you mean? ?

That was Dodo, who asked Moe to clarify his comment about 'war on all religions'. I don't think anyone actually said they want to bomb Mecca.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:51 PM
You know you are talking to one of these brainwashed liberal youth if they start talking about 'safe spaces', or if they over-use the word 'problematic'.

I care about racism, sexism, and classism; but I'm embarrassed by these morons.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:49 PM

in other News!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:48 PM
We all disagree with each other on so many topics, but we all seem to agree on this recurring theme shown in this thread.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:42 PM

What upgraded safeguards do you suggest we do to prevent another attack on the united states?

Cost is always a problem.

Actually, willingness to pay the cost is the problem, but I understand what you mean. drinker

True. Choose any of the common vices and as a nation we probably spend more on it every year than it would cost to, say, build a wall. Its all about priorities.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:39 PM

Moe, do you want boots on the ground in Mecca or just air strikes?

if you can do it .... Portugal have been tried by the help of Persia, but they did not succeed .... History is teacher .. if was Hitler learned a lesson when Napoleon lost his battle against the Russians, Germany was now mistress of the world.

Badr, what are you saying? What does Hitler have to do with anything? How is Germany mistress of the world?

Are you saying that increasing military force against ISIS won't help?

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:37 PM

In the news muslims have been constantly assailed for violence.., yet it is a very small portion of those who claim ...yes claim to be muslim who do violence, killing scores...including muslims...what is your opinion?

Considering the fact that Muhammad used an army and a threat of physical force to coerce people into converting to Islam, I'd say that the violent Muslims are more like Muhammad than the peaceful Muslims are willing to admit.

maybe you have forgotten the inquisition in Andalusia on the name of Christ , maybe you forget the killing and slaughter and rape in Jerusalem rebound after Saladin, maybe you have forgotten the demonization of the Templars under the name of Christ in front of the Ottomans, maybe you forget that you are now in the land of the Indians , and your grandparents killed Indians under the name of civilization, Look at yourself in the mirror first before people be held accountable, Read your dirty history, you think that the Muslims claim as you like blood, did not transgress on innocent people, women and the elderly, and not even the churches and trees ... . How wonderful commanded you're talking about things of others is not in them, while not read about your history and do not dirty thing, ah forget the whole Bible false, how can not be forged your history, even the discovery of America was attributed to Columbus offender.

You are living a big lie, that you counted right, while you still live priests period who were collecting money on your backs for Paradise .

ok, a war on all religions... you convinced me...

My take away was: If some Christian nations and subcultures can mature out of such despicable behavior (ignoring Westboro and their ilk), than so can Muslims. We don't need to make enemies of all Muslims.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:28 PM

What upgraded safeguards do you suggest we do to prevent another attack on the united states?

Cost is always a problem.

I'm not a fan of the way the TSA conducted themselves after 9/11, but if we are going to have a TSA it would be nice if we could hire more competent people! But that would be quite expensive.

I'd love to see some cost/benefit analysis on various ways to better control movement across the Mexican border, including a wall. If it made sense (in terms of cost and effectiveness) I'd be in favor of a wall.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:20 PM

People do have the right to travel freely anywhere, though few governments recognize this.

On what basis?

Nonetheless, people also have the right to be free from attacks by other people.

A solution that comes to mind is to let refugees stay in camps at borders and let them help build up nice cities there, with help from others. When the crisis is over refugees could then move, if desired and if found not to be threats.

I don't think there are any good solutions. But if they did something like this, I wonder how well it would work out if they put them on an island in the Mediterranean, with the plan to send them back home in the future.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:17 PM
What a sick, but not surprising, mentality.

Fighting the fight for liberal idealism is more important to them than preventing future rapes. And more important than justice.

There is a massive list of social problems which can come from being careless when welcoming migrants, but you aren't allowed to even talk about them in many circles because the very topic is considered 'racist'.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 04:04 PM

It serves us to find common ground with the non-poisoned group, to work together against the poisoned M&Ms.

If we label all of the M&Ms according to the actions of the minority, if we foster hatred towards all M&Ms as a group, then we alienate the majority many of whom might otherwise be our allies.

We may even drive some of them - or some of their impressionable M&M children - over to the poisoned side.

huh M&Ms are poisoned? noway

Yes, in Conrad's image. (To which Equatorial was responding).

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 03:50 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Tue 12/01/15 03:58 PM
As I have repeated talked about.
I make a distinction between peaceful Muslims and Muslim Jihadists.

Yes, we agree. My first posts in this thread were not at all directed at you personally, but written as a general comment after I read the first page or two of this thread.

Personally, I would be happy if Muslim mysticism and religiosity eventually evaporated from our global culture. I just think the only way to get there is to embrace moderate, rational muslims.

Edit: Consider Judaism. On the one hand I've personally read hateful zionist propaganda created and consumed by some Jewish extremists or Israeli nationalists, but on the other hand I've known many loving, educated, thoughtful Jewish people who seem to fully embrace their Jewish culture while also deviating so far from the premise of their religion that they considering themselves atheists or agnostic.

Having a cultural identity doesn't always require people to toe the ideological line. If some Jewish people can simultaneously embrace their Jewish identity and culture while still happily and unapologetically calling themselves atheists, then certainly Muslim individuals can maintain a sense of cultural identity while rejecting the violent teachings in their scripture.

I think the way to rid the planet of Muslim violence starts with some measure of respect for muslim cultures.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 03:47 PM

Christianity and Judaism also have violent histories, and also have scriptures which justify atrocity.

Actually, the New Testament doesn't justify atrocities, and those mentioned in the Tanakh pertained to ancient Israel, not to any modern-day people.

Rational, compassionate Muslims exist just as rational, compassionate Christians and Jews exist.

As I have repeated talked about.
I make a distinction between peaceful Muslims and Muslim Jihadists.

Many sects of Christianity invoke the old testament when it serves them, despite Jesus' and Paul's words. There are some on here who would doubtlessly say that 'true Christians' are those who have entered into a new relationship with God based on Jesus and *not* the old testament, but as long as we are talking about the impact of scripture on the beliefs held by a group, then this usually strikes me as a 'no true scotsman' fallacy.

As long as there are so many people out there calling themselves Christian and invoking the old testament, who are we to say they are not Christian? Similarly, there are modern Muslims who try to find creative ways to interpret muslim scripture in the most peaceful way possible. Who is to say who is a true muslim?

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 03:43 PM

Just to use something, someone pointed out an image which made sense on the surface, using M&Ms as a comparison. The problem is that the radicalization of some muslim people is a complex issue dealing with a lot of factors, and it is being simplified to a West vs Muslim terrorists dichotomy. We should not let that happen, because then it is easy for ideas leaning in a specific direction to be 'fed' to us, and for the manipulation of people towards a specific outcome. Going back to the M&Ms, if 10% is poisened, 90% is still edible. See that it is not poisoned by the 10% and you are bound to benefit. Caution is usually good, though paranoia to the point of exclusion rarely is.

Yes.

And if we want to combat that poisoned group, its in our best interest to be on good terms with the non-poisoned group, if we can. It serves us to find common ground with the non-poisoned group, to work together against the poisoned M&Ms.

If we label all of the M&Ms according to the actions of the minority, if we foster hatred towards all M&Ms as a group, then we alienate the majority many of whom might otherwise be our allies.

We may even drive some of them - or some of their impressionable M&M children - over to the poisoned side.

no photo
Tue 12/01/15 03:29 PM
Christianity and Judaism also have violent histories, and also have scriptures which justify atrocity. Being born into a religion which includes some hateful scripture doesn't mean you will be hateful. Rational, compassionate Muslims exist just as rational, compassionate Christians and Jews exist.

We all benefit when the moderate, civilized people of the world, of all religions, can come together and denounce needless violence, hatred, racism, warmongering, and terrorism.

But as long as we are willing to hate or fear someone based on a label, without looking at them as an individual and being curious about what they individually believe, then we are part of the problem.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 06:51 PM
I was once taken in by this baseless propaganda.

Then I did my own research on the internet and learned that this is all a lie.

Here is the Truth, as presented by "Friends of Hydrogen Hydroxide"

Perhaps you've heard of it: a colorless, odorless liquid; a powerful coolant and solvent; an easily- synthesized compound which is used by industry, the military, commercial operations, and even private individuals.

Yes, we are talking about hydrogen hydroxide, also known as dihydrogen monoxide, and we are here to tell you that what you've heard about DHMO is probably not the whole truth. There are forces out there, such as the Coalition to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide, who would seek to legislate its use and availability, placing heavy limitations on it-- and eventually, eradicating it entirely.

In the interest of fairness, we invite you to see their argument, and then we urge you to return here, to learn the truth. Their subversive agenda must not be allowed to prevail.

Hydrogen hydroxide is beneficial!

It has been shown that hydrogen hydroxide enhances the functionality, growth, and health of many forms of life-- including humans!-- and current research suggests that it has become an integral part of our planet's ecological balance.
Hydrogen hydroxide is environmentally safe!

Opponents of dihydrogen monoxide would have you believe that it is some kind of uber-toxin, that it wreaks caustic terror on anything it touches. This couldn't be farther from the truth; when handled properly, it enhances nature rather than destroys it, and even a worst-case scenario DHMO accident would be a trifle for the natural cycles of our world to handle.
Hydrogen hydroxide is benign!

The Coalition and others have popularized the label "dihydrogen monoxide" over the more chemically-accurate "hydrogen hydroxide" because they know how loaded the former name is. "Monoxide" has become synonymous with pollution, toxic gases, industrial waste-- and while hydrogen hydroxide is sometimes a factor in these problems facing our world today, it is rarely the dangerous element.
Hydrogen hydroxide occurs in nature!

To hear its naysayers' descriptions, one would think hydrogen hydroxide was solely the product of industrial technology; that it came from years of research in clandestine labs. This is not the case! Hydrogen hydroxide has been a part of nature longer than we have; what gives us the right to eliminate it?
We need hydrogen hydroxide!

Don't let an uneducated and terror-stricken mob of fanatics railroad you into giving up your right to choose!
Support the use and distribution of hydrogen hydroxide in your neighborhood, city, state, and country!

Brought to you by the Friends of Hydrogen Hydroxide and the Scorched Earth Party. Those interested in joining our cause, or simply interested in learning more about hydrogen hydroxide, its uses and benefits, and those who are trying to ban it, should send mail to crisper=dhmo@armory.com.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 06:40 PM

Males putting on a dress ... That could happen now .. Honestly ... how often does it ??? It is not regulated .

As I said earlier .. Being transgender does not imply being a pervert or sexual predator .. And that seems to be how you are defining them . As men who put on a dress to access female toilets with the intention to rape and assault young vulnerable girls .

I think part of the though process for the people who are afraid of this is that: it is too easy for someone to just _claim_ to be transgender, and therefore perverts and predators can pretend to be transgender in order to gain access.

Its not that transgenders are predators, but that predators can pretend to be transgender.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 06:39 PM

Perhaps the solution is to abolish separate male/female toilets and have individual unisex toilets .. Single room facilities ... that anyone can use :wink:

I'm all for this. The only problem is that it would be more expensive. But we could put these stupid gender/bathroom arguments behind us.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 05:30 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Fri 11/06/15 05:31 PM

Anyone know?
They address some pretty scary stuff in the series. I.e. if you don't switch off your location, take a selfie and upload it, a lot can be tracked. Like the exact location (longitude/lattitude), time, device used and even its settings? noway
So if you often do that, freaks can get a very good idea of your habits, where you hang out, what times and so on.

Free WiFi; anyone can create a WiFi spot, name it the exact name of that free WiFi, and if you log on, they can hack your phone.

And so on...

Is that true? And if so, is that more advanced stuff or can any Tom Dick and Harry do such things?

How realistic are those CSI Cyber scripts?

I don't know about CSI in general, but for the first example you gave: yes all of the data you mentioned can be stored with an image. Here is an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format#Example

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 05:22 PM
One thing that I love about using Linux is that I am not forced to learn a new UI, or make major changes to my workflow, at the whim of some marketing department. This applies to desktop environments as well as individual programs.

Sure, everything is constantly evolving, but you generally have the choice to keep doing things 'the old way' as long as you like (and still get modern features otherwise), without having that ripped away from you by a company trying to force you to upgrade - on their terms.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25