Community > Posts By > Fred7170

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:43 AM

Down memory lane.

How far back can you remember.

I remember my first day at proper school (not nursery) so I must have been 5.

I cried like a big baby when my Mother walked away and left me with the Nuns sad

Pretty far. I'd say back when I was a few years old.

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:33 AM
<---- Straight. Welcome and good luck

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:24 AM
rofl rofl

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:21 AM

It is possible to find someone to love and love you in this site?

You'll find someone to love almost every time.
Question is: Will that person love you back? :wink:

I think it is possible to find someone that will love you each day.
Sometimes that love has to grow..
We can all say we want that one romantic love and yet there are so many other types of love that well...sigh are just as important.

Can you list those other types of love, besides love for family, friends and pets? Thank you. drinker

Here is just one...
The Love of life.
To wake in the early am and have coffee out on the deck
listening to your world wakeup...
Realizing that the beautiful music you are hearing, the flowers that you are smelling, the taste of the first sip of coffee is all yours to enjoy and savor... In a split moment you just know that there is love all around you all you have to do is breath and feel it

Yes I have been blessed to have been loved..

To me the greater blessing is the capability to be able to love all things
and savor each moment. IF we do that then we know a whole different concept of love.
To many times I have heard you can't love... this or that.. because it can't love you back....Who says Where is the memo that states that ??? Love is a feeling that and it is different for each person...

How is that when I am in on my first cup of coffee..happy .

If that one doesn't do it for you let me know after a couple of cups and the brain is working I do it betterflowerforyou

Thanks flowerforyou that did it for me.

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:07 AM
Edited by Fred7170 on Mon 05/25/15 10:09 AM

i guess nobody remembers all the money and weapons obarry was giving the "freedom fighters" to help fight assad before ISIS(which obarry named) was around...

Everybody remembers that... Well, maybe not Liberals and McCain and Boener and Co. because they have their head shoved so deep in Obummer's buttcrack they can't see straight, let alone think, but I'm sure someone remembers, even if he wants to forget it.

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 10:02 AM

That's not true! Every time I see a politician on TV he stresses the fact that he's working hard to protect me and my family from the bad guys. Those public officials wake up and go to bed with our security on their mind to the point of losing sleep. I love them. They are my heroes.

How you can trust a politician with so much wealth leveraged into the war machine bond market and the corporations it contains, and then claim they are "looking out for us", is ludicrous!

These self serving "heroes" you idolize are nothing more than insider traders looking out for their own interests and those of the corporations that support them, and the profits they make from them, at the expense of our children, our freedom and our security they damage rather than protect!

OK, I get it..... a jest..... my bad blushing laugh

HOW DARE YOU, sir! How dare you bark at me like junkyard dog! laugh drinker

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 09:30 AM

Of course not all but mostly the don't care for anyone expect their self , i ask them if anyone can help me come over america of course i don't expect that some one to say yes me , because that will be a miracle but ,,,

We have just a life you never know when you will die and after that you can't take money you have made home car nothing ,,try to help people you can't , you know when i see a person homeless i always give something to them not because i have a lot but because i know what it mean's to don't have , !

Forget about America, friend. Let me save you the trip and give you fair warning, and I'm serious so take notes: It's not what you think it is and definitely not what it used to be.
Besides, they don't want you there taking their jobs and even if you don't plan on working there's no Welfare for you.
Oh, don't get me wrong, they'll gladly let you spend the $30,000 for Immigration procedures and you'll keep paying until you realize they really don't want you there.

Stay home and keep your rights. In the unforgettable words of Dorothy: there's no place like home! drinker

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 09:09 AM
Well... A child abuse thread. How interesting.

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 08:39 AM
Welcome and good luck

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 08:19 AM
R2-D2: "Beeep-rrwinrr-dreeep-beepbeep tttrraaw Beeep-rrwinrr-dreeep-beepbeep. Beepbeep-rrrk!"
Translation: I have no arms or legs and I'm always the one who has to save the day. Humans suck!"

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 08:04 AM

From BuzzFeed...."25 Historical ImagesThat NORMALIZE Breastfeeding"...love :thumbsup: smitten

http://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndisposition/25-historical-images-that-normalize-breastfeeding-jlw6#.wv10q0Jye

To really get the point, look at all 25 images!...:wink:

:thumbsup:

flowerforyou

waving

flowers

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 07:59 AM

From BuzzFeed...."25 Historical ImagesThat NORMALIZE Breastfeeding"...love :thumbsup: smitten

http://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndisposition/25-historical-images-that-normalize-breastfeeding-jlw6#.wv10q0Jye

To really get the point, look at all 25 images!...:wink:

:thumbsup:

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 07:55 AM

I think it is possible to find someone that will love you each day.
Sometimes that love has to grow..
We can all say we want that one romantic love and yet there are so many other types of love that well...sigh are just as important.

Can you list those other types of love, besides love for family, friends and pets? Thank you. drinker

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 01:49 AM

http://listverse.com/2014/09/08/10-theories-about-who-really-wrote-the-bible/

BTW,if it were Divine Inspiration,how come they weren't inspired to know that Earth is a Sphere,NOT FLAT!

One of the most enduring myths that children grow up with is the idea that Columbus was the only one of his time who believed that the Earth was round; everyone else believed it was flat. “How brave the sailors of 1492 must have been,” you might imagine, “to travel towards the edge of the world without fear of falling off!”

Indeed, there are many ancient references to the Earth being shaped like a disc. And if you knew only of the two most important astronomical objects in the sky — the Sun and the Moon — you yourself might reach the same conclusions.

Contrary to popular belief, this question wasn’t settled in the 1400s and 1500s (with Magellan’s circumnavigation of the globe), but more than 2,000 years ago, in the ancient world! And what’s perhaps most amazing? It was done using nothing more than the Sun.
Here’s how:
If you follow the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, and you live in the Northern hemisphere, you’ll find that it rises in the eastern part of the sky, rises up to its apex in the south, and then lowers and sets in the west. And it does this every day of the year.
But it doesn’t take the exact same path every day out of the year; the Sun reaches a much higher point (and shines for more hours during the day) during the summer months, and reaches a significantly lower point (and shines for fewer hours) during the winter. To dramatically illustrate this, here’s a time-lapse photo of the Sun’s path through the sky taken during the winter solstice in Fairbanks, Alaska.
In fact, if you charted out the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, you would find that it takes its lowest path (for the fewest number of hours) on the Winter Solstice — usually December 21st — and its highest path (for the greatest number of hours) on the Summer Solstice, usually June 21st.
If you constructed a camera capable of photographing the Sun’s path through the sky over the course of the year, you would find exactly this: a series of arcs, where the highest, longest arc through the sky was made during the Summer Solstice and the lowest, shortest arc was made during the Winter Solstice.
And in the ancient world, the greatest scholars and scientists from Egypt, Greece, and all over the Mediterranean went to work at the Library of Alexandria. One of these scientists was the Ancient Greek Astronomer, Eratosthenes of Cyrene.
While living in Alexandria, Eratosthenes received some amazing correspondence from the city of Syene in southern Egypt. In particular, it said that, on the Summer Solstice,

the shadow of someone looking down a deep well would block the reflection of the Sun at noon.

In other words, the Sun would be directly overhead at this time, not a single degree to the South, North, East or West. And if you had a completely vertical object, it would cast absolutely no shadow.
But Eratosthenes knew that this wasn’t the case where he was, in Alexandria. Sure, the Sun came closer to being directly overhead at Noon on the Summer Solstice in Alexandria than at any other time during the year, but vertical objects still cast shadows.
And — like any good scientist — Eratosthenes did the experiment. By measuring the length of the shadow cast by a vertical stick during the solstice noon, he could figure out what angle the Sun made with the vertical direction at Alexandria.
And the answer he got was one-fiftieth of a circle, or 7.2 degrees. But at this time, in Syene, the angle the Sun was making with an identical vertical stick was zero degrees! What could be causing this? In perhaps a stroke of genius, Eratosthenes realized that the Sun’s rays could all be parallel, and that the Earth could be curved!
If he could then figure out the distance from Alexandria to Syene, since he knew the angular difference between the two cities, he could figure out the circumference of the Earth! If only Eratosthenes had a grad student, he could have sent one to make the trip, and measure the distance!

Instead, he was forced to rely on the reported distance between the two cities. The most “precise” measurement of his day?
Travel-by-camel. (So I can understand criticisms of his accuracy.) Nevertheless, his results were that the distance between Syene and Alexandria were 5,000 stadia. The question, of course, is how big is a stadium? The answer depends, of course, on whether Eratosthenes, a Greek living in Egypt, was using an Attic stadium or an Egyptian stadium, something still debated among historians. An Attic stadium was used more commonly, and is 185 meters in modern terms. Using this value, one gets a circumference of the Earth of 46,620 kilometers, a number that’s only about 16% bigger than the actual value.
However, an Egyptian stadium is 157.5 meters, and it’s conceivable that’s what Eratosthenes meant. In that case, we get a value of 39,375 kilometers, which is off by less than 2% from the modern value of 40,041 km!

No, the ancients didn't believe the world was flat, at least not the educated ones.

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 12:39 AM

Fred7170's photo
Mon 05/25/15 12:00 AM
Welcome

Fred7170's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:18 PM

That's not true! Every time I see a politician on TV he stresses the fact that he's working hard to protect me and my family from the bad guys. Those public officials wake up and go to bed with our security on their mind to the point of losing sleep. I love them. They are my heroes.

hahahahahahhahaha. gotta have a boogey man to make the american people fear. if theres no boogey man how else will they convince americans to give up their rights in the name of safety?

drinker

Fred7170's photo
Sun 05/24/15 10:57 PM

If it's painful it's not Love, it's pseudo-love
Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude.
Love isn't selfish or quick tempered.
It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do.
Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
Love never fails!

Well written and Yet I have to respectfully disagree with you a bit...
Love can be painful at times. Here is an example.. When you are apart and you ache to hold each other.. You yearn to hear the voice or smell their skin that is painful...

Love doesn't fail I agree the person does.. because we as humans are fallible

Again great post.

OP welcome to Mingle..

drinker

Fred7170's photo
Sun 05/24/15 07:29 PM
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Fred7170's photo
Sun 05/24/15 07:21 PM
If it's painful it's not Love, it's pseudo-love
Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude.
Love isn't selfish or quick tempered.
It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do.
Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
Love never fails!